It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about your dreams, and being on the astral plane.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Tell me about your dreams, and being on the astral plane.

I have read a lot about paranormal on ATS. I love most things that I read, and it is nice not to be alone. I am a very spiritual person, and have always had very weird dreams. It seems like lately they have been almost every night. I have been on the astral several times, and have friends that have as well. It is like I am feeling a shift on a conscious level. Are we all becoming more aware? I know that I am, and wanted to know how many others feel this way? So tell me about your dreams, and if you have ever been on the astral before. For the past two years I have also been researching 2012 and believe that we are all going through an enlightenment process (among other things )…….So tell me your experience, I find it fascinating!

************************************************************************************************

I got this from a site and saved it on my computer for future reference, and now I can’t find the link…sorry.

Astral Projection is the separation of the physical body from the astral body. Most of us do this regularly when we sleep at night. We just don’t remember doing it. Like when we dream, usually we don’t recall our dream because it stays hidden in our subconscious. When you train yourself to remember dreams you are training your subconscious to come through to your conscious mind.

Forms of astral projection, there are 3 types of astral projection, mental projection, astral projection and etheric projection. Mental projection is clairvoyance or remote viewing, the traveling of your mind. Etheric projection is when part of your physical body relocates to where you project it. There have been in very rare cases, the report of the entire physical body transferred to another location (teleportation). The physical body exists in two separate places at once. In astral and mental projections you are able to travel through solid objects, like walls and doors, but not with etheric projections.

The astral plane can be visited consciously through astral projection, meditation and mantra, near death experience, lucid dreaming, OBE, or other means.

Great Books to read for free…
www.spiritwritings.com...

books.google.com... wXSouDM6fvlQfmwcDnDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6#PPP1,M1

Sites to learn more about the Astral:

www.psychic101.com...

www.meta-religion.com...

www.kheper.net...

www.psitech.net...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I haven't had any real memorable dreams lately, actually I rarely do remember my dreams. But, interesting thread nontheless. S&F to you!!! I only had One OBE and it lasted only seconds and was over 20 years ago.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I can "Astral Project" every night along with having SP.
I have a neurological disorder do to a spinal cord defect I was born with, and due to several operations on my spinal cord, and some damage to the frontal lobe from all the anesthesia of 100 and some operations adding up over time.

Ever since I was a baby I had sleep paralysis and lucid dreams.

Something I notice in my dream themes or Astral World is that whenever I observe the sky, all the planets are much closer, much closer then the sun is sometimes the planets have even attached to the Earth.
They didn't do any damage at impact but just sort of softly sat on the surface of earth.
It very much looks like "Mickey Mouse" ears at times.

When I begin to separate (i'll explain my opinion on that in a minute) my body will shake, I will hear a loud hum and feel a pulsating sensation in my stomach, and then I will begin to float.
I can fly on a simple command such as "levitate" I can change the clarity, lucidity, and dream theme but simply telling it to.
I can go through walls and other solid surfaces, depending on my lucidity and how deep in I am I can control my speed to being very slow to lightning speed.

I can bring objects, people, and actions into dreams but can never effect the emotions of another person.

I'd say this is a gift but I'll often lack control and fall into a sort of repetitive night terror and those dreams are always the same.
Alien Abduction.
Attack from a "ghost" a possession of sorts.
Someone breaking into my house.
Shadow People.
I can bring myself out by focusing on shaking my hands and I'll finally wake up.
Sometimes I can gain control and then change the dream but that typically will distrupt my sleep and depth and I'll wake up.
These dreams will always end with me trying to scream, making no noise, no one hearing me, not being able to move, start to be able to move, drag myself to safety, think I woke up, slip into it all over again, and do this from ten to 20 times.
When I wake up I am so exhausted but my adrenaline is pumping so hard I can not fall back to sleep.

Now to my opinion, I feel that these are simple trickery of the mind , some people can experience this once in a blue moon then people like me who have neurological problems have it more often which leads me to believe that it all points to the brain and a "defect" or a "blip" in the brain waves during sleep, chemicals, and all that other good sleep stuff.
People say that I don't give myself enough credit, that I have a gift and that I can help others and the world with it, people feel I have had contact with aliens and hold important info from they things they've shown me and told me.I keep a dream journal and some people say I've predicted major natural disasters along with other things.
But I just can't force myself to believe that, I feel and have tracked that my dreams are simply based on materials that I have subjected myself to during a certain period of time before that dream.

I think they are wrong.
I can understand why people really feel as if they are Astral Projecting, Being Abducted, or basic travel.
It's one of the most real things I've ever felt.(I can feel, smell, and taste things in my dreams, my chronic pain transfers into my dreams, I feel this happens because I was born with over senses, my sense of smell, sight, and hearing and feeling are much stronger due to the average person)
But my understanding of Neuro science and the human body keeps me from believing it is anything other then the great powers of the subconscious mind.

But just because I FEEL that way does not mean I am right.
I think many things are possible.
I do not look down on, or judge others by their opinions about this, or try to over state my point or change their minds.
Their opinions are part of their beliefs and their beliefs are part of their hearts, they all belong to them and I have no right man handle them just because I feel differently and want to be seen as the right one.

S&F

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I haven't managed to have a concious OBE yet, but the last three nights my dreams have been amazing! It feels like they go on all night and they're so vivid, plus I can remember them easily.

I usually fall asleep on my side, but the last three nights I have fallen asleep on my back for my own experiments, and it's made my dreams so much better.

Why is this?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bronwyn82

Well I did have one wonderful dream years ago. It was so peaceful and serene, but it was odd for me. I was on a beach with my children but everything was red the sky, the light, the sand(from the red lighting), the water was a red/brown. But the oddest part was there was a large wall(a waterfall) of water way in the back that extended the entire length of the body of water yet it was not choppy; and you could still swim by the beach. It was not rough at all and didn't cause waves of a very large size, just like normal waves. I loved that dream!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

How do you feel it is a trickery of the mind??? You are experiencing this! It is very real. I have to agree with the people that tell you that you don't give yourself enough credit. You FEEL all these things. That is what makes me believe. When I can see, touch, smell, and hear everything...It is real for me. Sometimes wake up with bruises and they didn't happen while I was in my soft comfy bed.
You also mentioned shadow people...I also see them on occasion, and scared to death of them. My friends tell me not to be scared, but I can't shake this evil feeling I get.

I know that you are not judging anyone, and thanks for the post! Very interesting.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

I don't know why sleeping on your back would make it better, but do it if it works! I usually remember my dreams too, but it seems like now it is in way more detail. Do you keep track of your dreams and write them down? It is a great idea.

I had this really cool dream last night. I was in a teleporter going to another planet. It reminded my of a bobsled...lol..I know weird..right? And I when I got to this planet it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Colors Everywhere! All over the sky and ground, sparkling like glitter. But I couldn't look at it long or it would burn my eyes. And then I would become blind. So I put these marble type things in my eyes to protect them, and so I could see. As I walked around people were blind and wandering, and then a monster tried to attack me.....Then I jumped---inside a house. Lots of people were gathering there and they were all talking about what is outside. The dream ended.

Ok so I just went and got my paper that I wrote key words down as soon as I woke up. I have to do this so I don't forget. I wrote:

Transport Machine
Colors
Hurt Eyes
Stranded There
House
People gather
Meeting in secret

I'm glad I did this because I there is important stuff I left out! I'm usually half asleep, that is why I just write down the keys words.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

I must say that you are not alone in the experiences you have had in dreams. I can recall that during the ages of 3-11 I had lucid, and terrifying dreams. I also encountered ghosts and shadows. What scared me the most was when I would wake up and still see the things from my dream. I remember screaming out to my parents to help me but they could not hear me because my voice was not making any sound. Just my lips were moving as if someone had turned down the volume to mute. Like you, I can remember being unable to move my body and laying there in a state of paralysis. I don't have too many of those dreams now, perhaps because I'm too busy worrying about writing papers and going to work.

Like you, I cannot seem to make up my mind as to whether these events are in fact real or just brain trickery.

Thank you for your post, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

About 10 years ago I met someone who introduced me to the astral, with that being the one thing on my mind all day, I had the following dream:

I dreamt that I left my body and in an instant I was somewhere else. The sky was dark, almost pitch black. I was standing on the edge of water. there was another person there and it asked me to go into the water. (I am terrified of large waters ever since I almost drowned in a swimming pool when I was 10)
I went into the water and suddenly it pulled me under, there was no ground where I could stand up before. I paniced and couldn't make my way up to the surface. I felt myself sufficating, drowning. Then the other person came 'floating' in front of me and told me to breath. To my own suprise I took a breath... I said 'omg, I can breath underwater'. It replied 'you don't breath at all here'. Then I woke up.

I still remember this dream so vividly... it was really special, also made me realise certain things

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Had a dream last night about the earth being invaded by some sort of creature / creatures. The dream starts at this two story store in a wooded area. Everything is fine, actually appears to be some sort of a party going on at the store maybe christmas or new years? there is no snow where ever this is taking place it is warm. ( I live in ct and it snows here in the winter )

The dream gives no dates, or times. But some time at night either myself or the person I am observing the dream through become aware of a humanoid looking being running down the road / path toward the store, at the same time a radio or tv can be heard talking about the possible invasion of an alien species, the person I an oberserving through changes from 1st person to 3rd person and I watch the character run to the back room, grab some sort of gun and stand ready. The creature I guess slowing its pace walks around observing the area probably senses something is wrong and is trying to predict an attack. During this time the guest at the "party" seem to leave fearful of the news broadcast and are then attacked by this creature and several others that start to come out of the woods. The character goes outside and shoots at the creature, hitting it in the chest area, the single shot is enough to kill the creature for some reason. ( The creatures look very organic and plant like almost like the arms and legs where the roots of a tree the body, brown and hard like a trunk, and the head ( having a hard time making it out, was vicious with teeth, the eyes almost non existent but are present )

I can only guess from the dream that these creatures are pets or shock troopers of some sort to attack the populace before the real attacks begin.

Later the dream jumps to a bigger battle in a now ruined city. Not sure if it is the same person I was dreaming of before but they are looking at the dead bodies of humans and aliens on the ground, some of the aliens have reptile features although they do not have tails, but suits that are grey. From the bodies of these aliens a device is found to be the shape of a sphere, a general or commanding officer comes over to the character I am currently dreaming of with the sphere and tells him or her that that sphere is used for travling through time, but to use it you must be running at a certain speed for it to activate.

The group is attacked the character with the sphere( now is first person view ) decideds to try and use the sphere to travel back and warn the world or government

( I think at this point the dream became more fantasy than reality because the sphere connected to the mind of the person using it, and I could see different time lines and events such as the Marx Brothers, 911, Big bang, so I might have been starting to wake up I did not see what the final destination was but soon as it began to teleport with the person and they ended up where they have choosen, the device vanished and I woke up )

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is a weird one for me, i was in a dream as and i became aware that i was in a dream, i immediatley thought of trying an oobe and it worked, well in my dream it worked as i remember the great big rumble and i ejected from my body upwards, when i got to the ceiling i turned around and for a second saw myself, then i must of panicked and was sucked straight back in.

Is that supposed to happen in a dream or was i semi awake, it felt like a dream as the moment i concentrated on having an oobe it happened.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I also have many strange dream lately, especially dreams about the battle between good and evil. But this dream is one that I had several times and it still feels good if I read it or think about it.

I dreamt that I was waiting in a queue to go for a consultation with the local witch. Standing in front of my were two people. A man holding a baby and a woman holding a baby. My best friend was standing next to me. I was not feeling good so my friend goes to this woman who coordinates the consultation and asked if I go first. But I said it isn’t nessacary , I ‘ll wait.

Then it was my turn to come at the table where the witch was sitting and next to here on the left a man was sitting. I thought he just looks like Jesus. I take my book of shadows and show them my drawings that I did and asked: what are there meanings?

She said I should follow the path of the Goddess. The Goddess on my drawing is waering a green mantel with here cap on. We were standing in the woods, with horses and other people.

Then when I look back at the witch and the man the dissapear in a white bright light, first it blinds me, but then I see the lights is coming from them. I feel protected and save.

Then it was over again. The witch says to me again: follow the path of the Goddess. The session is over and she is standing up and goes to her house. She says I can always find here there.

Untill this day I don't know what she meant by: follow the path of the Goddess, or what this dreams mean....

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wolfke74

Sounds like your dream wants you to follow the principles or teachings of a goddess or maybe from the goddess that rules over the others? I know there is more than one goddess so maybe pick one?

www.suite101.com...

" Hestia, Greek Goddess of the sacred fire, was once known as "Chief of the Goddesses" and "Hestia, First and Last". She was the most influential and widely revered of the Greek goddesses.

"More than anything else, she wanted to follow a path that was true to her nature and was of her own choosing." www.goddessgift.com...

Maybe you need to follow your own path and rules and not the expectations of someone else, start creating your own answers for life.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Gypsk -- The great thing about the astral, is that you can change anything or situation that you want! Just go to another place, or "not breathe" in your case. Very nice dream, but you know that you can go back to the astral at anytime. Why not go, especially since it was so special for you? Just a thought.

VampireZio -- Very detailed dream I must say! I love when I have those long and detailed dreams that seem to go on forever. Or when you wake up and then go back to sleep the dream continues!

But the whole war situation is very interesting because I have been having some of the same dreams with aliens like you decribed. As well as my husband, that doesn't really believe in anything. (A huge skeptic) His dream the other day was about these humanoids that you were talking about except they were crawling up the walls of these huge buildings in the city. Kind of like Spider-man he said...lol. They were chasing him and tring to kill him. So as he turned around to get a good look at them....and he woke up.

It is also neat that you said they look like reptiles. And the sphere used for time travel, I wish we had something like that!

Scaart -- Keep up the good work! You are getting it. Just focus a little better than you did the last time, and you won't be "sucked in" so fast.

Wolfke74 -- Well you can always go back to the witch and ask her, that is why she told you that you could always find her there. An open invitation for you to come back anytime. I like you dream because I'm Pagan and is has a lot of spirituality. Dreams, I believe, are giving us insight for our lives here on Earth. People can give you important messages like "Follow the Path of the Goddess" in your case. It means just that, it is YOUR path. And the key is the white light, to keep you safe and protect you. Use more white light in you daily practices. I hope this helps!

Thank you for everyone's posts! Keep them coming!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Did your husband describe the aliens?

Im my dream there where two species, the plant like ones that are the underlings and the reptiles that where in control and started the war.

I like to think of my dreams as windows into another universe of our world that the path changed. Or maybe a it was a movie from a different earth hah.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by VampireZio

He said they were like reptiles and could climb on the buildings. He said that there was devastation all around, like a 'war zone'. He is also a Marine and was in Iraq so knows what war looks like. He was disturbed by the dream and was mad that he woke up before he could get a close up look at them. He also doesn't remember his dreams very well, so I was suprised when he remembered that much. I'm sure it was very detailes like yours.

He doesn't research things like I do and has no idea who the Anunnaki are...not saying that what it is...but it might be a good start. (some say they are not reptiles so idk)

I think the dreams have some nice similarities!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
My records show that I dreamed this on the night of Monday 9 July 2007.

I am in a room and viewing through a window. Beyond the window is what appears to be a boat dock. Judging by the dim light, the time is maybe late afternoon. People are walking about. Also present and moving about are animals. Some are large brown bears. Another appears to be a bear at first but soon I realize it is something else. Covered with fur and walking on four legs, it is a little larger than the bears. Its head, however, is nothing like that of a bear. The mouth is longer, flatter, and from the upper and lower portions of the mouth protrude large teeth. Conical and curved, the teeth have grown in what seem to be random directions. It almost reminds me of an alligator. The creature harasses the bears, which do not run away but also do not engage it in a fight. The people walking about are ignoring all of them.

My theory is that this is an incident that occurred in Atlantis during its days when the "beasts" roamed that land. My information is that the Atlanteans didn't wish to share what they had accomplished with the outside world. They built walls around their fairest cities to keep out others. The walls also were meant to keep the "beasts" out.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I actually had a really happy feeling dream lastnight.

It started me revisiting people from my past like the father of my first girl friend who is now our acting member for state police force Neil Roberts. It was quite surreal because he was in full character of being professional and stand-offish with conversation- exactly as i'd imagined in real life. The funny thing is i havent seen this guy since my childhood except, although he was on the news the other day.. After talking to Mr Roberts in my living room of my home the dreams shifted into the inner city CBD environment, i was now apart of some policing force and we were wearing rollerblade type hovering boot things that allowed me to pretty much fly and hover and jump really large spaces.. Anyway the guys tried to start a fight with this "policing force" i was in. Now instead of whipping out guns and shooting the fellas causing trouble, we started doing crazy parkour stuff to whoa these guys into amazement to distract them from there violent ways... haha wierd. Then my boots i was wearing started to lose power and i couldnt do any more cool stuff.... and i woke up. AWWWW! i was having fun!

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Interesting post.
I on very rare occasions(once or twice a year)appro. where im in a state of relaxation. Watching tv or in front of the computer for example where my mind literally feels like im about 20 feet in the air, feels very strange but i really like the feeling, my curiousity is rather high so everytime it happens, i stay perfectly still and try to work out what im doing.
More about what it feels like.....almost the feeling where your looking down and scared of heights. Its like my head is high in the air and your looking down at your body. I actually wanted to post this a while ago to shed any insight on what this is.
Also your thread actually got me to sign up to ATS so this is my first post, long time reader tho but thanks lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join