It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

`Kindy police' to patrol lunches

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

You have got to be kidding. Do your kids go to a public or private school? What part of the country do you live in, if you dont mind sharing?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by Wertdagf

You have to be kidding me. You cant honestly say that you agree that any government should be telling you what you CAN and CAN'T eat.

If they start this crap in the USA I will go out of my way to send my kid to school with nothing but junk food, and I will teach my kid that when they hand him a piece of fruit in exchange to tell them the exact part of their anatomy that they can shove that piece of fruit.

because of what you said here you are a terrible parent and do not deserve children. With this attitude they will be dead by 20 and you will have no one to blame but yourself... although i doubt somone ignorant enough to allow this to happen would understand or see this.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

You have to be kidding me. You cant honestly say that you agree that any government should be telling you what you CAN and CAN'T eat.

If they start this crap in the USA I will go out of my way to send my kid to school with nothing but junk food, and I will teach my kid that when they hand him a piece of fruit in exchange to tell them the exact part of their anatomy that they can shove that piece of fruit.

because of what you said here you are a terrible parent and do not deserve children. With this attitude they will be dead by 20 and you will have no one to blame but yourself... although i doubt somone ignorant enough to allow this to happen would understand or see this.

Really, and what studies show you that a child occasionally having sweets or birthday cake leads them to being dead at the ripe age of twenty?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

You are very funny. Thanks for the laughs. I can just picture it.
How did your son die?
I let him have birthday cake and it killed him...

If I thought you were a bit serious I would give you my address and you could come to my house and try to take my kids. You wouldnt live past 20 seconds from the time I answered the front door.

[edit on 5/22/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Now_Then

So what your saying is that the whole world should be controlled because your mother sucked at packing your lunch and feeding you? So I guess she must have been retarded or blind and so she couldnt read a book on how to feed you. Lets all go get the government to hold our hand and raise us right. The perfect solution to stupidity.

Well in a way all I'm saying is that I would of been better off with a bit of education - it's not really my mothers fault that I skpped breakfast and spent money on junk food no more than it is her fault that I skipped school sometimes and took up somking / drinking (etc
) I was quite a devious youth, and if I felt like doing, or not doing something... Well I found a way. I was not, lets say 'enlightened'.

My point really is that I had a choice, and I was able to make the wrong decisions sometimes - some kids (not all, or even the majority) are trapped and destined to be unfit because of their diet - as someone who has addressed my own diet I think something that can be done at a young age would have beneficial effects.

just saying.

And be carefull what you say about my mother

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Sorry, I shoudnt have insulted your mother.

I see your point. I was exactly like you as a kid. I have learned to be a bit more healthy as I have grown older. I just think it is better if we both own up to our own mistakes and fix ourselves, then to use this as an excuse to let the government decide what is best for us.

Why should anyone else care is someone else is obese and dies early. It is their lifestyle that they chose and the consequences of that choice. If the issue is you dont want to pay for healthcare for that person, then I agree and say we as a society should just let you die if you cant afford healthcare because you spent all your money getting your butt bigger.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Why not? Schools provide their lunches, and kids can't just order anything they want, they have to pick from the menu - OMG TEH GUBBERMINT IS MAKNIG US DO STUF!

Personally I think it's a silly measure. The police part, anyway. I fully think the teachers should be able to yoink piles of sugar and replace them with actual food. I know MY teachers never let me chow down on a bucket of candy and snack cakes.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm glad I am not a parent yet, because I'm going to get into a lot of trouble when people try to do these kind of things to my children and I sock them in the face. Why not just cut to the chase and confiscate all children at birth to be raised by the State, this is ridiculous.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You have got to be kidding. Do your kids go to a public or private school? What part of the country do you live in, if you dont mind sharing?

Nope, not kidding...although it is the least of the issues that drive me nuts about how controlling Public Schools in the US are becoming (generally to cover their proverbial backsides from lawsuits). Speaking generally, as teachers have been control-freaks since the days of Governors and Governesses (and most definitely in Parochial Schools), these added "duties" are probably exciting to them and help them feel all the more empowered.

It is a Public Middle-School in Oregon. The Public Grade Schools here do the same. I'm not sure if they do so in High-School as I wouldn't imagine it would be very feasible to enforce, especially for those High-Schools that allow kids to go off-campus for lunch.

My daughter's teacher has called me once before about my daughter walking with her friends to a corner store before school starts to buy herself a Hot Cocoa to drink off-campus before going to school. Her teacher insisted that I immediately stop giving my daughter a monetary allowance so that this can be stopped. When I asked her if her going to the corner store before school was causing her to be tardy for class or if her drinking Hot Cocoa before school was affecting her behavior in class the teacher replied "No". I asked her if my daughter's behavior off-campus was a concern. Her teacher replied "No." I told her teacher that I was certain it could not be fear for my daughters safety between the corner store and the school as it is only 200 meters away (the length of a football field) and there is a police unit stationed at each end. She agreed that it was not concern of "stranger-danger". I told her then that I failed to see the problem then, other than the teacher getting involved in affairs that exceeded the boundaries of her post. She was clearly frustrated and upset at that.

Sounds to me that she was trying to enforce my daughter's diet off-campus as well as on-campus.

The funny part is that my daughter is unbelievably skinny. Her mother is 5'2" and 85lbs (got up to 93lbs at full-term pregnancy) and she was given Hormones at my daughter's age to get her up to that weight (by comparison, I'm 5'11" and 117-128lbs depending on the day of the week). My daughter already is approaching 5 feet in height and is still around 45-50lbs. I somehow think fear of obesity should be the least of my daughter's concerns. It would seem more logical to me if her teachers were constantly harassing me trying to convince me to feed my daughter more fattening foods to increase her weight!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Scary stuff. Same country that took the citizens guns away for their own good right? Once the guns went then it was the internet program in the works to censor bad internet sites for their own good right? Now it is food for their own good right?

Once the guns go the Domino's are so much easier to fall.

In the famous words of Marie-Antoinette that I am taking out of context

"Let them eat cake."

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Why not? Schools provide their lunches, and kids can't just order anything they want, they have to pick from the menu - OMG TEH GUBBERMINT IS MAKNIG US DO STUF!

Personally I think it's a silly measure. The police part, anyway. I fully think the teachers should be able to yoink piles of sugar and replace them with actual food. I know MY teachers never let me chow down on a bucket of candy and snack cakes.

OMG! First, schools should have never got in the lunch providing business. If you cant pack your kids lunch everyday and make sure they get breaskfast, lunch, and dinner then you shouldnt even have kids. It is just one more thing of the government filling in when people give up any sense of personal responsiblity. It is our government doing its best to enable loosers and create more of them. A teacher has no right to tell you what you should and shouldnt eat, that is your parents job. They were hired to teach and by the looks of things they can barely do that, so lets not add to the list of their perceived responsibities. God knows we've thrown enough crap on them. I wouldnt be a teacher in a public school for a million dollars a week. All the sudden you are expected to teach a bunch of kids who were never taught discipline, dont get fed, and are raised by a bunch of people that are the mental equivalent of kids. If there is ever one day in my kids life that they dont eat, I would blame myself and fix the problem, not go runnng the government begging them to do my job for me.

Maybe instead of spending that money on feeding kids lunches at school we should spend it locking up their parents for being a pain in the rearend of society. Back in the day if your kids went hungry the people around you would scorn you and you would figure out how to get your crap together. Now, we just say look at those victims of this world we live in, what can we hand them. The point is, sometimes getting your head kicked in by life is a good wake up call that you might want to look at changing your stupid decisions. Sometimes reality is a good thing!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Well I am proud of you that you stood up for you and your daughters rights. You handled it so well. I would have probably flipped my nut and said some things I would later regret.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Raven Shadow sums it up in her first post.......

No need for second line.....

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Responding to Trolls only encourages them. They usually don't even believe what they are saying. They get off on pissing people off. It's like a drug to them.

Feels good to go after them though

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Now you see why New Zealand voted out it's labour (Nanny) Government and voted in a National (Right) government. We got sick of Mother Helen (Helen Clark ) telling us what to do.

Then our neighbour votes in Kevin (I Know Best) Rudd. Good luck Australia... not long to vote again

top topics

<< 1   >>

join