It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

`Kindy police' to patrol lunches

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

`Kindy police' to patrol lunches

www.goldcoast.com.au

May 20th, 2009

FOOD police will be patrolling kindergarten and childcare centres to eliminate unhealthy lunchbox food under strict new guidelines to be adopted by federal health officials.

Childcare representatives from around Australia will converge on Sydney today for an introduction to the national scheme set to be rolled out through childcare centres from July 1.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Huh?
So now the 'state' knows whats better for your children than you do.

Im glad I grew up when I did.
Gone are the days of a Star Wars lunchbox stuffed with,PB&J,Juice boxes,Ding Dongs,cookies etc......

What dosent government(s) want it's hands in?
I thought kids were meant to be kids,eat junk food,play with friends and be molded by the parents,not the state.

www.goldcoast.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
They're probably going after any real food that hasn't been genetically modified! Gotta get that outta there.. The governemnet has no business doing this. The government seems to be clamping down on our food at an alarming rate..

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Perhaps the toughest measure in the guidelines is banning birthday cakes and desserts from centres and replacing them with birthday badges, hats and fruit.

Wow, kids aren't even allowed to have cake one day a year for their birthday? What are they going to do, confiscate kids' meals and let them go hungry for the day? Is that really healthier?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well, this makes total sense. I'm sure everyone agrees that the state is a better parent than any natural parent could be, right? Especially in the area of financial responsibility. And if you disagree, I'm sure the state would be more than willing to take away your children and raise them themselves.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well if your not going to keep yourself healthy or your children you might as well put a bullet in both your heads and save the world a whole lot of suffering. If you want the government to take care of you... then you need to take care of yourself. do you really want these fattys wasting dollars to prolong their suicide?????

You can always move.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
do you really want these fattys wasting dollars to prolong their suicide?????

Wow. I grew up eating whatever my mom packed in my lunch-sack. I ate dessert after almost every dinner. I'm perfectly fit, slim even.

I can't imagine anyone could possibly get behind the government sending people out to determine if you're feeding your child right. There's malnourishment, and that I could get understand as abuse, but as long as parents are feeding their kids, they get to decide what to feed them.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ironic. In my high school in the USA, I was just commenting on the lack of healthy food options. The food that is there (burgers, pizza, tacos, fries) is costly, but there is no alternative. Regardless, I do not eat the food that my school sells. I would not want my children to ever eat food like that on a daily basis.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
LOL, this has to be a joke. Kindergarden Health Nazis. Sorry kid I am taking your ho-ho's and replacing them with a healthy piece of fruit. Oh you wanted birthday cake for your birthday... well I gave you a cantelope with birthday candles instead

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Actually I agree with this... I never ate breakfast and my packed lunches usually sucked (neither me or my mother really understood nutrition back then)... And then when I got home from school I basically had to wait for my tea which really did not cover my needs. My concentration and energy levels were all over the place and looking back I did suffer because of that.

A little knowledge applied in the right way can make a huge difference.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
LOL, this has to be a joke. Kindergarden Health Nazis. Sorry kid I am taking your ho-ho's and replacing them with a healthy piece of fruit. Oh you wanted birthday cake for your birthday... well I gave you a cantelope with birthday candles instead
KHNs

you said it for me.

shocking.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

You have to be kidding me. You cant honestly say that you agree that any government should be telling you what you CAN and CAN'T eat.

If they start this crap in the USA I will go out of my way to send my kid to school with nothing but junk food, and I will teach my kid that when they hand him a piece of fruit in exchange to tell them the exact part of their anatomy that they can shove that piece of fruit.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I know there has been alot of push for the food brought in cause some kids have allergies and stuff like that... but really? policing a schoolyard like it's some kind of prison camp, im sure those kids hate being trapped in there enough without some big scary dudes coming around and taking away your birthday cake or that delicious brownie your mom baked for ya.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That's right the Food police to make sure our kids are eating their asparthame, ritalyn, and flouride laced, vitamin deficient, genetically modified, pesticide grown, processed zombie food with a hint of mercury.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

So what your saying is that the whole world should be controlled because your mother sucked at packing your lunch and feeding you? So I guess she must have been retarded or blind and so she couldnt read a book on how to feed you. Lets all go get the government to hold our hand and raise us right. The perfect solution to stupidity.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Then you do not deserve children.

With this attitude it would be best if you children were taken to a foster home. Maybe there they wouldnt suffer from your constant attempt to sicken, retard, and kill them. If you ever wanted to know why there are so many stupid people in the world its because of ignroant parents who raised and fed them poorly.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well all I can say is , at least your govrnment is telling you they are doing it....

over here in the UK they got a celebrity chef to start a campaign with the tv and newspapers behind him to make it look like we wanted these controls in the first place,

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My daughter's school in the US already has the teachers doing this.

She is constantly having items removed from her possession and tossed away at lunch for being "contraband". And yes, they certainly would have flipped and blown a gasket if I had sent her with so much as a cupcake in her school lunch on her birthday!

Her school even throws fits about me sending her to school with juice because it contains fructose and they give me an angry call about it.

Never mind that they have soda vending machines on her school campus! Oh the irony!

I can understand with how commonplace it is for children to have a myriad of food allergies that can be life-threatening, or how common it is for many of their students to have diabetes, and it being a serious legal liability if children share their food with someone else that might result in a severe medical emergency. I get that.

However, wouldn't it be more prudent to police the children and make sure that Jack isn't sharing one of Ding-Dongs from his lunch with Jane rather than deny Jack the Ding-Dongs that his mother lovingly sent with him to enjoy with his lunch?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Nice try, but I am a master of taking on the insane approach just to amuse myself. Very funny. I dont deserve kids because I let them eat a piece of cake.

Thanks for letting me play in your game.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Then you do not deserve children.

With this attitude it would be best if you children were taken to a foster home. Maybe there they wouldnt suffer from your constant attempt to sicken, retard, and kill them. If you ever wanted to know why there are so many stupid people in the world its because of ignroant parents who raised and fed them poorly.

Wow, excuse me but many people I went to school with had a piece of cake or some dessert on their birthday and none of them are retarded, many are not sick, and none are on the way to being dead. Many are quite healthy. There's a difference between loading your obese child with fatty foods and occasionally feeding your healthy child something that the government may not approve of.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join