It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New colored tags to replace the mystery colored bar...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Yes I would, I work hard to contribute to this site. Not because I have to but because I want to.

I really hope they dont take this away like they did the other.

WHY CAN'T EVERYONE JUST BE THANKFUL AND USE IT AS INCENTIVE TO REACH A "GOLD " OR COSMIC" LEVEL??

LOL, That is my goal now, the old "Cosmic Top Secret",lol.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
How can a meer novice post anything worthwhile? That's why they are a novice. And we solids aren't much better. I doubt if I will even read my own threads.

But I have a cunning plan.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks that part of the upper tier of rating should be tied to applause? Granted applause is subjective to the mods/subject matter experts/etc, but most of the quality posters here have plenty of applause to go around.

Just saying ...

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Will the spiffy "cosmic" badge ever be available to regular members? or is that something reserved for site owners and such?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Before this was implemented, I was trying to contribute more content. Searching the web for alternative matter, but ATS'ers i'll hand it to you, your good, you dont miss much, and I am almost always beaten to the punch! Bravo to you members, bravo to the staff for encouraging better quality and less trolling.

This system is not condecending or meant to group ppl together, it is mearly somethign to make you proud for contributing to this site!

Hazaa to the shopkeep!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

I do! .. Been sayin so since page one.. Mods do a good job at only awarding truly good posts with applauses, and you will find that the vast majority of those who post often, have a large amount of points and are most recognizable have plenty of applauses. Doesn't make em better, or better posters for that matter, but it should be recognized.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Admin will end up taking this away from us because we're not mature enough to handle it.

This is sad but true, you sure can't make everyone happy, even when it's based on there own level of participation. They decide what level to be, but for some thats just not good enough.

Funny though when Admin does come up with something cool like this, they [the whinners] don't hold back letting us all know how they feel, if only they would do this daily in threads.......

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by kinda kurious

Groucho said it first:
I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.
www.brainyquote.com...

I said..... "As Woody Allen would say...." NEVER who "coined" it or said it first. Geez.....picky, picky.

It was widely popularized in Annie Hall. I suppose your single source trumphs my 3. I'm OK with that. I suppose you and JSO have a few years on me........

"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough." - Groucho Marx

Regards...KK

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Wish I could star that man!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

See!
Thanks for confirming my argument.

You probably meant what you just said.
Thanks!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
I think some people are entirely missing the point (big surprise):
This is and has always been (the old bars) about CONTENT contribution not seniority.

Glad it is linked primarily to the flags and not the number of new threads one starts.

I think it is somehow weighted because I am ranked as a solid contributor, yet I am NOT seeing ads.

The bronze baseline says 300 posts, 300 stars, and 300 flags. I have 3000 posts and 2500 stars but only 56 flags because I don't start new threads much. Then again contributing to existing threads is equally important in my opinion, as there certainly is NOT a shortage of new threads on this forum.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by whatukno

I think you should post the story as to how you became Captain of the USS Enterprise..

Now now

I think the ranking system is fair. I was closing in on my first full bar across the bottom though.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I think the ranking system is fair. I was closing in on my first full bar across the bottom though.

Well realize many did not even notice that bar. I have been here a while and never noticed it, much less wondered what it meant. The new classification is MUCH more obvious.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I like this system a lot better than the bars, they were just confusing.

Good job on the new system! It's a great improvement.

*sigh*

If only I knew of a good quality topic for a thread, I might be able to get some flags. Oh well, it'll come when it's supposed to.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Looks as if I need flags too.

Ill have to work on bringing topics to the board that people will like and flag. :Sigh:

I look at it this way.

I spend a lot of time on ATS because it kind of feels like home to me.

Nobody pays any attention to what I say at home either.

So it doesn't matter. I will still enjoy having a place to hand my hat even if I don't don't have flags like those with stars upon thars.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I don't start new threads much either.. Usually people flag the "topic" the post getting flagged could be complete rubbish.. in fact many news stories that receive huge numbers of flags don't even have much personal opinion attached..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Simple semantics. Must keep that in mind when I post the next thread. I will read more carefully in the future. Being a long time Groucho fan I wanted him to get the credit.

An idea for a BTS thread... who said it first? Nah. I like being a novice

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Blogstalker]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I haven't laughed today but this did it.

LOL!

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by whatukno
are you gonna finally give out the secret to them?

No... because I forgot what it was.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Huh, doing a lot of spring rollouts there aren't we SO?

I for one enjoy the changes.

Well done staff.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join