It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New colored tags to replace the mystery colored bar...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Looks as if I need flags too.

Ill have to work on bringing topics to the board that people will like and flag. :Sigh:

Seems a pattern. I have 2728 posts and 1551 stars, but only 63 flags.

I think this formula might end up encourage members to create lot more redundant threads, with contrived controversial angles, rather than contributing to existing threads.

Dae

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Looks like youre solid babeh!

link   
Cosmic contributer?

Sounds like NWO to me!!

link   
I appear to be sans colored designation tag.

I'm 93% certain it's a result of some errant thing I did while recreating my avatar. So sad.

On the other hand, with all my whining the past three weeks about labels people affix to others..... maybe this is interactive irony.

pffffft.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I hope not, usually the best posts are buried inside the actual threads. The OP gives the topic, and the real discussion takes place underneath it, but the OP in this case takes all the credit.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Well well, i sympathise with your frustration.

However my opinion is that this remains a closed community, no matter how many the members around.

What this means? I guess that you become recognisable after a while and people can form opinions about you. No point system can ever value you the way another credible member can.

In my case i have seen you around a lot and you also have gained a lot of respect through your posts. As soon as i hit that reply button "down there"
i will go and add you up as a friend, something i might have done long ago.
That's irrelevant of your point status. If it were i just would add any high score members in my friends list. Remember every single post defines you in here, and even a single well put thread is potentially enough to achieve that.

Take care, keep up the good work, chill and enjoy the ride!
The rest will just happen

GTG

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Maybe Bill and the gang can not afford platinum,

Nah... too many characters for the available space.

There is, however, one level above Gold for which the numbers will remain somewhat of a mystery.

SO I see, Bill.

I love this idea, and Bill, this avatar you're using is a lot better than any, with exception to the Mr Incredible one.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
By post do you mean start a new thread?

Cuz technically, I just posted on this thread

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Very well put, we all know who the Gold contributors are, even when their badge says otherwise.

link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Na...the mods do a good job of stopping that. Whenever I see that, i usually tend to post on the thread that was posted first, or the one with the most replies.

It has to be worthwhile. I've posted many threads...sometimes i get NADA. But i only post what i feel is important and would like others to see.

I'd love to see some kind of post/star ratio as well...that would be a cool thing to see.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by David9176]

link   
I dig it!! Very cool idea admins.

I have two of the three categories destroyed, I just need a few more puny flags and I will be in the gold.

Alll right giggity giggty

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Both Valhall and BH, two of ATS' greatest contributors in quality and quantity, are presently at a "bronze" level.

Mind you this isn't a complaint, perhaps the system needs some tweaking to make sure that it more accurately reflects the outstanding contributions of such members.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
BH must have at least 2,000,000 posts by now, she deserves a special designation or some free pass.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What about those nasty little trolls ? Any chance ATS will make a toll title for those that repeatedly troll ?

link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There is, however, one level above Gold for which the numbers will remain somewhat of a mystery.

Ooooooooooooooh!!!!! tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me!!!!

Yours says 'COSMIC' contributer ....

I want platinum contributor ... or etherial contributor ... or ... or ...
A#1 - best all around pain in the butt contributor!

tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me!!!!

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

How do I get me some of that "Cosmic Level" you got Bill?? Awwwww, I'm just a Novice...

-E-

link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

WOW... Vallhall is Bronze? I would have thought she would be Cosmic at the very least.. Bet she doesn't have the flags.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
good stuff mate, your always improving this site mate

Cheers to you!

wonder if I'm Novice?

link   
Ahh - "The Highest is Cosmic" - LOL!!!

That is excellent, very savvy!

What a great new system, this is exciting

[edit on 15-5-2009 by MajorDisaster]

link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
What about those nasty little trolls ? Any chance ATS will make a toll title for those that repeatedly troll ?

Have a title for X amount of points taken away, Y amount of ponts taken away, and Z+ amount of points taken

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join