It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple's 'buy black' experiment becomes a movement

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pizzaguy

If it is a scam as you say the majority would be blamed for all the decent media attention they received.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by blueorder

To answer a previous question what if whites only shopped at white stores yes there would be an uproar. but thats only because white people control the united states and most of the first world countries. i think its safe to say white people have nothing to fear from black people buying black. you should be more concerned with how your getting screwed by the government.

now i dont agree with that, white people arent the only ones running our # as you said the rich arent racist

and yes i agree that many jews are racist but so are many white people black people and any other ethnic group

i think everyone needs to just get the # off this whole race issue sure there is still racism but racism is going to stay until we race aside

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hi all

I was going to explain my view on this but it kinda moved off on a tangent and the result is here:

My Experence with the Local Food Movement

One of the greatest benefits of actively pursuing a lifestyle diet of this kind is the social networks it open up for you.

Yes, this one is based on race, but it doesn't mean it's racist.

Simply because I don't include Mcd's in my diet doesn't mean I hate Mcd's.

Definition of Racism:

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Merriam-Webster definition of racism

Now, the people in the OP do display racial discrimination, but only towards their diet (as we ALL do). They still have to go to the shop and buy items that are made in a foreign country and by other races. Trust me, unless you really plan out everything and change your life dramatically, you will still end up buying resources that are made/sold by people outside your race/country/whatever. Globalism works that way.

Thanks
Shane

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
if they are racist then

remove the "IF", they are confirmed racists, and have come out publicly to confirm their racism

so are 90% of the jews and most other industrious races.

anyone else, be they jew, white asian or black announcing a similar racist purchasing policy is racist

why isnt there a thread on how racist they?

If anyone else goes to the news and announces their racism and gets an article printed I will say the same

the only difference is that these people have openly admitted what millions of people are doing and have been doing for decades. does it make what they are doing right?

They have publicly admitted their racism, so are getting public acknowledgement of their racism- I am not really bothered, they can burn their money for all I care, but I will not pretend it is not a racist decision

probably not but they dont HATE white people,

many white separatists do not HATE black people

they are just trying to help their people.

the very fact that they see "their" people purely on the basis of acceptable skin colour is racist- that is their "right", but it is racist

why cant you see that.

It is crystal clear

you need to get out of this us or them mentality.

erm, what sort of acrobatics are you indulging in- this couple is indulging in "them or us" mentality- to them "us" is anyone they deem as black

there are way more white people in the US than there are black so look at the statistics. all these people are trying to do is give their brothers and sisters a hand.

they are being racist- they see their "brothers and sisters" as those of acceptably dark skin and african origin

look at the end of the day racism is a bottom dweller issue anybody earning more than 5 or 6 million a year wont have to worry about it. well maybe a little. but the rich dont care about the colour of your skin. all they care about is how big our wallet is. they look down on people because they are not as rich or powerful as them. there are just as many elitist power mongers who are black as there are white. so lets not forget whats important here. be it black white or blue we are all in the same boat. bickering about who shops where seems trite and pointless.

this is EXACTLY my point- this couple are PERPETUATING this state of affairs by indulging in identity and group politicis- their "brothers and sisters" are black- there are many poor whites and asians, but they are not "acceptable" to buy from for this couple

To answer a previous question what if whites only shopped at white stores yes there would be an uproar. but thats only because white people control the united states and most of the first world countries. i think its safe to say white people have nothing to fear from black people buying black. you should be more concerned with how your getting screwed by the government.

separate issue- still does not make a racially based shopping decision anything other than racist

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
May they have a point. Just a little one 'our peeps have been here for 400 years and dont have a walmart to show for it' Is it possible through the bias new channels, newpapers and the social ethno segragation that exist in the US dat some of these people are just rying to get them selves up out pile of dung. Give peeps a break. Black peeps shopping in blk shops.... So wat stop cryin and get on with ya lifes, theres nothing wrong with dat.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
May they have a point. Just a little one 'our peeps have been here for 400 years and dont have a walmart to show for it' Is it possible through the bias new channels, newpapers and the social ethno segragation that exist in the US dat some of these people are just rying to get them selves up out pile of dung. Give peeps a break. Black peeps shopping in blk shops.... So wat stop cryin and get on with ya lifes, theres nothing wrong with dat.

I'm not crying, just pointing out to people denying they are racists that they are wrong

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
My $.02. This is complete racism.

I'm white, so I should just shop at white owned stores. Tell me that isn't racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join