It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Push to Revolution

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Are you plain ignorant or just looking to start a row? Thoughts do bring forth solutions when they are spoken and considered by others. Is this concept foreign to you? I guess when your educated by the system now in place in America, I can understand how hard it is to think and attack those that understand a concept. Good luck in your endeavor. Wasting time on your perceptions isn't worth the effort to educate!

Zindo

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Dreamers and screamers. How many people do you need to start a revolution? Jesus started one in the face of Rome with 12 fishermen. Truth is, talk IS cheap. Guns, ammo and food? Got them all, so now what? Wait till what? Wait till when? Wait for hell to freeze over?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The pit of our problems is the legislation that was started 100 or so years by politicians wanting a 'larger piece of the pie'. It is enevitable that power corrupts and our Constitution was written to enable moral and ethical men to restrict the more powerful from usurping those rights and liberties from the people.

However 'Entitlements' were established under the merit of 'special needs for special folk'.... Our Constitutions premise of Liberty, Freedom and Justice was corrupted the second the first entitlement was passed and directed toward a person or group designated as special.

There is only Man, Woman and Child. Politicians have given us the exception titles African-American, Asian-American, Anglo-American, blah, blah blah ..... Just American please.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffsmathers

Amigo,
Just exactly right!! You defiantly qualify as a patriotic American who understands the true nature of our nation! Congrats!!

Zindo

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Earthman has been alerted for political trolling.
Here we were having a good conversation, then the trolls came running. Then again, having ATS points in the negatives already indicates this.

not all of us with negative points are trolls, count me in fellas

semper fi

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Are you plain ignorant or just looking to start a row? Thoughts do bring forth solutions when they are spoken and considered by others. Is this concept foreign to you? I guess when your educated by the system now in place in America, I can understand how hard it is to think and attack those that understand a concept. Good luck in your endeavor. Wasting time on your perceptions isn't worth the effort to educate!

Zindo

You give up too easily. I know a little about revolutionary action. I was probably on Nixon's enemy's list. My gereration through "street action" brought a war to an end that had no end in sight. We were instrumental in bringing down a despot (Nixon) and sending him home in shame. But people were willing to take to the streets and in the case of four at Kent State U give up their lives to stand for freedom. We stopped the NWO in their tracks. All I am saying is, revolutions involve action and that requires risk and courage which is in short supply today.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by romanmel]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks
I've been watching the American people get harassed and picked on and badgered to death by cops and laws and taxes and betrayal by their government, more and more each passing day. In my opinion, the government seems by all measurements... to have gone mad.

The government does have the appearance of a rabid animal. The fear mongering by media and the government makes me wonder if we have already had a coup.

It's clear something is up. I can't help but wonder if our representatives have been blackmailed, threatened or bribed. Surely someone is going to spill the beans.....

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You actually believe that we who where demonstrating and getting our heads bashed in changed anything and stopped that war? Wow, What stopped that war was the agreement between China and the Soviet Union at the time to give Washington an ultimatum stating that there was only one way to stop the Norths incursion and that was to leave. Kissinger himself has been vocal on this point many times. It is a fallacy that the demonstrations had any sway in the decision. As much as I would love to believe the six inch scar on my head I got in the '68 Chicago police riot was worth it, I can't. It just ain't so!

Zindo

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Funny your bring up the "street action" that was the embarrassing hippie movement. My father was one as well, and even he admits that the war didn't end because of the hippie movement but because of things behind the scenes. Fact is, the war ended because somebody behind the scenes (no, not the hippies in the streets) wanted nixon muzzled as he was probably going too far too soon. The obvious dislike people had for him made him the perfect fall guy in order for them (the powers that be) to continue on as planned without starting a violent conflict too soon.

While it would be great if things could always be solved through talks and diplomacy, that only works for so long, after a while, the people in power will simply ignore you Like they are doing now) and keep on with their plans regardless. Sometimes the only language these people understand is violence, why? because they know that once we get to them, they can't escape, they can't even hide behind the military as they will turn on them too.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Your Revolution will never happen. Ever.

Sure, there may be a few isolated "uprisings" that quickly get squashed by swift military force immediately followed by comprehensive mainstream media/psy-ops to spin the government's victory into a defeat of domestic terrorism. Yes, that might happen here and there.

But your revolution will never happen.

Sure, you might feel the burning rage rising but the Government and the mainstream media will quickly starve your fire of oxygen by loosening the reigns for a few years, by giving back a little from what they have taken. But then years will pass, a new administration or two will come and go, and their slow and almost imperceptible march towards a total fascist police state will progress a few more steps.

Then talk of a revolution will stir once more...

Again, you're kids will get angry, but with each passing generation, a little less angry than their parents were. And the puppeteers of our nation will make slight adjustments to the strings, enough to calm the masses into acceptance and even gratefulness to receive some "privilege" our grandfathers once called a "right".

So you see, your revolution will never happen. But theirs is, ever so slowly...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

I think romanmel has a valid point. That is there are more avenues to be pursued. In fact we have no other choice to maintain trying peaceful mean by which to bring about the necessary change we all agree upon.

Even when they declare martial law, we must peacefully resist their orders to turn in our arms as afforded to us by constitution.

If shots are to be fired, as SGTChas has said over and over, it must first be fired by 'them.'

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I think you consider yourself a bit too important. I doubt Nixon gave a tinker's damn about you.

I was in Special Forces in those days, killing every NVA and VC I could, as fast as I could, while you were doing your "thing."

You didn't end the war, and if that's what you want to tell your grandchildren, tell them all the lies you want.

Ran into some of your ilk at the San Francisco International on my way home.

I went home with all my teeth, they didn't.

Sure wish we could have met. Could have been lots of fun!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Indeed this is a possibility. Truly it will all depend on how far the Government is going to push this...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I would not forget than romanmel is on the same side as us, and is entitled to a difference of opinion of how to handle the situation.

The pacifists and the more aggressive of us will all need each other sooner or later as long as we have a common goal.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Anonymous, you are free to speak for yourself.

He will not be on my side, and I damn for certain wouldn't be on his.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I doubt a revolution is possible. All you need to do is get an analysis done of the US drinking water supply. It is full of antibiotics, anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, flouride. The US public is drugged on a massive scale. How can this be undone?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm not a Democrat, nor am I a Republican.

I'm not a redneck, nor am I a right winger.

I don't own a gun.

I AM a pacifist.

I will fight, however I can, when it happens.

I will fight, and most likely die, for what this country was supposed to be.

For the Constitution, I will fight.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
He will not be on my side, and I damn for certain wouldn't be on his.

So, in the event of some kind of civil unrest, uprising , whatever...are you saying that you will stand not only against the fed, but also against Americans that have different political views than yourself? Or is this just a personal anger toward those who protested nam? For the record, I respect and thank you for your service. All soldiers who fight with honor should never be held responsible for bad policies that put them where they fight.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

You give up too easily. I know a little about revolutionary action. I was probably on Nixon's enemy's list. My gereration through "street action" brought a war to an end that had no end in sight. We were instrumental in bringing down a despot (Nixon) and sending him home in shame. But people were willing to take to the streets and in the case of four at Kent State U give up their lives to stand for freedom. We stopped the NWO in their tracks. All I am saying is, revolutions involve action and that requires risk and courage which is in short supply today.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by romanmel]

You probably claim to have been at Woodstock, also. Yeah, I'm sure Nixon gave a flying leap at a rolling doughnut about you. You people didn't stop the NWO, you became part of it. Every single so-called hippie, yippie, whatever the term was or is remembered to be, all turned out to be the biggest capitalist pigs to come down the pike, eclipsing even those they railed against before they sold out.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Thelooney, the bravest man I ever saw was a Medic who was a conscious objector, and didn't carry a weapon.

Holy Crap! He had more guts of conviction than any other man I ever met.

So don't you worry about pacifism.

All good Americans come from many gardens. Welcome, and eyes front.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join