It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Push to Revolution

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
growing up i always wanted to take up boxing. it was not allowed. as a young boy my grandfather taught me to fight. not rope-a-dope... but hand to hand combat.

he was a USN Frogman during WWII. he wasn't teaching sportsmanship, he was teaching war. not how to start one but how to finish it. survival not sport.

those old soldiers and sailors saw this coming long ago. when they served aboard ships where white men gained the glory as black men cooked chow, they knew there was injustice yet to be dealt with. im not trying to draw a racial parallel here, (though i did) just pointing out that we have failed to live up to the high handed ideals set forth by the constitution, which makes safeguarding it an uphill battle. a seemingly insurmountable task.

we are required to have faith, of all things, if we expect the great experiment to pass even marginally. faith in something that never has actually existed in full manifest. sounds oddly familiar.

the problem with the 'self defense' angle is that people would probably be forced into a corner like a wounded animal with no recourse other than to lash out. the only reason we haven't seen it is because its happening. perspective is everything. just a bit more hunger, poverty, and crime is all it needs to become a conflageration.

most anyone capable of affording a laptop or desktop with high speed connection and the ability, education, and perception to complain about TPTB probably hasn't felt the full sting... therefore still too numb to engage the situation with the attention it warrants. it's not just the kids and xbox... there have been plenty of more mature distractions in place long before the video age.

right now we sit, reading and writing instead of doing.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Ahhh yes..Utopia..that place the has never existed nor will it ever exist. The rule of law is flawed but based on a Constitution that so far has been the best basis for equality in the world today, It is the elected official that wants to subjugate that document to further their own agenda. If it is yours also, then you back these crooks at your peril. Those referring to a revolution or restructuring the involvement of those in it are not violence prone but are willing to put their lives in line with the covenants they believe in as written into the Document we cherish here. Those that think that just because we are willing to be vocal in the possible threat of action does not mean that we relish it as the only solution. However, when we see that elections are rigged by both the prevailing parties and that our votes can and are ignored, we have no other choice but to put fear of the populace BACK into the hearts of those that have taken the oath to do as our laws bid them!
Zindo

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

I'm not sure how you feel your personal experiences have anything to do with the posters in this thread. You experience with a gun and your red neck co-workers are yours.

No need to project your issues on us. How can you possibly tell me why the hell I don't like a president? I will tell you why I don't like him. That is the end of your argument. There is nothing left to argue. Unless you want to continue to make up stuff and tell me what I am thinking and what I am feeling. Seriously???

I mean really you telling everyone what they "really" feel and think... you should work for our government.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Zindo! Welcome to this thread!

Always a man with wisdom, conviction, and the ability to state things clearly and concisely.

Just like the flat country where you can see the storm coming, and the squall line in the distance. You know damned good and well that you're going to have to go outside and secure those things that you value.

You know you're going to get soaking wet in the process.

You sure as hell don't look forward to it, but go you must.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with who is in office, nor his race. The same thing would be happening if it were McCain in office. Go back to your handlers for further instructions, your tactic in turning this into a race issue has failed.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Fair enough, but you also have to at least try and understand that this is by far more than just a "republican v. democrats" many here, myself included want what you're stating you say you want. We want our constitution back and we want the government to stop getting into people's business, as you say, seeing us as livestock.

My rant with you started not only because you didn't vocalize your idea more succinctly, but because you tried to paint us as rightwing nuts in your first post who will have trouble uniting the people and that "democrat" input/feedback would not be welcomed if it ever came to pass, when the reality is far from it. I will make you a bet that if you ask, you will see that this is not true, and this is not about republicans vs. democrats. This is about Americans wanting their rights back from a overbearing govt. that simply can't have enough control.

I stated it twice, and I'll state it again. We cannot lose focus of what this is about. It's not about republican policies or democrat policies. Personally I say we get rid of them all and start fresh. This is strictly and ONLY about our founding papers, our inalienable rights, which were endowed by our creator (whoever you happen to believe in). It is about freedom from an opressive govt. We either ALL join under this same banner, or not at all. Unity works only when everyone follows the same banner. If only one person has different principles, they can create a mutiny and turn the tide from searching freedom, to searching for more control.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

you should work for our government.

If he was a little more subtle, and a little more articulate, I would guess he already does.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am ready to work for the goverment if I get to take out guys like this:

Buncha whinney right wing extreemists not getting laid so they kill babies for a cause they are not even sure of. Then they call me names, Yeah I'm ready to join up with the man, the man who has kept me down. At least them man is ready for them now. 8 years of tyranny over and now they want it back. Let them get slaughtered, stupid gun nuts.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

My suggestion would be to quit running your suck, and go do it.

Just so you don't get your hopes up, with your outlook, you wouldn't be accepted, nor welcome.

Maybe the Somalian pirates are hiring.

May be worth the resume.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Fair enough. Good to be reminded there are people like you out there. It is quite sad you think anyone out there who owns a gun or disagrees with the Government is a terrorist. I guess the propaganda has worked on you.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Buncha whinney right wing extreemists not getting laid so they kill babies for a cause they are not even sure of.

Not to really get into this whole conversation, but I needed to point out something. For one, right wingers are quite against killing babies. You know, that the whole darned "Pro-Life" movement. Now the "Pro-Choice" Movement of the left is quite the opposite...maybe your confused on the viewpoints and platforms of the two sides?

And 2nd...spell check is a beautiful thing.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by DropInABucket]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well you know I 'll be the first to fight......when there's something to fight over.

I went out and spent some of my minimally taxed bonus money on some grossly overpriced 7.62x39 ammo this weekend.

The government hasn't taxed it, but my fellow gun owners sure have managed to push the price through the roof.

Right now the cure is causing me more pain than the illness.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Ahhh yes..Utopia..that place the has never existed nor will it ever exist.

Ahhh yes, the mandatory post stating the obvious and equating a place where not forcing your beliefs on others is a "utopia" and can never happen. I never said anything about utopia, ar any place close.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

How would you feel if you ran out when needed most??

I hate paying the price also. That's why I reload and have to products needed to do so! Its a lot to invest in at first, but it pays for itself if you are willing to take the time to learn the right way!

Zindo

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

8 years of tyranny over and now they want it back.

I find this the most ironic portion of your post.

While I agree that the past 8 years have been nothing short of tyrannical, you have to look past that to realize that the tyranny hasn't stopped, no no.

The idea that tyranny can not occur with a democrat in office is exactly what they want you to think, because its occurring right under your oblivious nose.

The very idea of democracy implies tyranny upon a minority, by a majority.

Also - the idea that we want to hand control over back to the people that ran the country into the ground is laughable at best.

It's clear that you're either a government crone of some sort, or very heavily influenced by the imaginary left/right paradigm.

They're all wolf in sheep's clothing.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by djzombie]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question
If only one person has different principles, they can create a mutiny and turn the tide from searching freedom, to searching for more control.

What in any of my posts gives you reason to believe I would be "searching for more control"?

Also, I never said anything about democrats. I'm not a democrat and I could care less about either party. I was actually responding to a poster that was (jokingly) bashing California and "liberals", but that was already addressed and all is good. Are you really for unity, or will you only unite with those who share your principles like you said above? That's a pretty braod statement, and maybe you should be more clear yourself...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Buncha whinney right wing extreemists not getting laid so they kill babies for a cause they are not even sure of. Then they call me names, Yeah I'm ready to join up with the man, the man who has kept me down. At least them man is ready for them now. 8 years of tyranny over and now they want it back. Let them get slaughtered, stupid gun nuts.

The only "whining" I see goin' on here 'bouts is from the left... What 8 years of tyranny are you refering to? There's so many to choose from...

Let them get slaughtered? Nice sentiment. Let me ask you question here... Who do you think goes to the wall after all the right wing gun nuts are gone? Hmmmmm? That would be you, sunshine. The willing slaves of the "man".

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DropInABucket

I said babies, not fetuses. Is a sperm a baby?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Ahhh yes..Utopia..that place the has never existed nor will it ever exist.

Ahhh yes, the mandatory post stating the obvious and equating a place where not forcing your beliefs on others is a "utopia" and can never happen. I never said anything about utopia, ar any place close.

I don't know about your interpretation of what you posted but you explained exactly what Utopia is. You have yet to allow for human nature and the world you want to live in does not take into consideration anything about the human psyche! If you know of a real way to change that short of DNA manipulating, you'd be a rich person and be the first one in line for the procedure. As for myself, I don't see it happening any time in the future, no matter how many Star Trek movies I go see!!

Zindo

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I agree totally on that one. If you can even find ammo anymore, Obama was the best thing to happen to the gun industry. I used to go shooting alot more, but now I can't cuz I don't want to waste precious ammo...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join