It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity may be targeted by predatory Reptilian extraterrestrial species

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

That's why sometimes you look at something and can't tell what it is until someone points it out for you. Your brain can't match the pattern.

Note that the opposite is also true. Because the brain is always searching for patterns, it can project patterns that aren't there or misinterpret patterns which are.

If you get a paper cut on your finger and you feel pain, it isn't actually your finger experiencing the sensation, it is your brain.

There's ways to training your mind to operate which intentionally obfuscates or misinterprets sensations. Some people can mentally "isolate" the pain response and mitigate it, or change it to an entirely different sensation so that they still know they're in pain - but it becomes more an acknowledgment than an agony. The art of meditation does have real and applicable effects on your perception, and by extent your body's response. I don't think this means there's any real substance to claims such as astral projection, but I'm sure the person meditating honestly perceives that it's real. I can certainly understand how those who developed meditation would have thought they were ascending realities, but it gets corny when those of us who know better still resort to mysticism. Some Native American cultures practiced perception altering techniques, though usually by putting the body through extreme stresses and ritual tortures until their mind evoked a vision. The Sun Dance or Sweat Lodges come to mind. However the visions of Native Americans through ritual and the visions of Buddhist monks through meditation describe extremely different experiences which are shaped culturally.

It can be useful tool, but requires a lot of practice and training.

Oh, and about reality being different than what we perceive. . . that is actually true.

You are correct. For example, light doesn't have color. The rainbow is merely your brains way of organizing and separating wavelength patterns. Many animals are colorblind, so their entire world is in shades of gray. In our own human population, studies suggest that we may be seeing the emergence of tetrachomacy in some people, allowing those who possess it to see a part of the normally invisible ultraviolet spectrum. On the other side of the spectrum, we can all detect a part of the infrared spectrum, though not visually. We sense it by the heat it generates.

We no more have the "truth" about "reality" than does the average houseplant.

I would say the same in the context of absolute truths. However since we all seemingly share this same reality together, we can come to general agreements and make certain true statements that apply across the board to all (or most) of humanity to explain what we observe the world.

reply to post by Diplomat

but what do you mean by "hear only a portion of sounds" and "have very limited sensations?"

Like our eyes detecting only a narrow range lightwave frequencies, our hearing only detects a narrow range in sound waves. Sound waves don't actually emit anything for us to detect. We can only hear because of the vibration of air molecules. Turn the vibration of the molecules up or down too far - and our brains don't acknowledge their existence.

When was the last time you heard someone blow a dog whistle.

You might be catching yourself here because you likely made the immediate correlation with the visual image of a person blowing the whistle - but in reality, we can't hear the tone dog whistles produce because it's too high pitched.

It should be noted that our senses are all connected in a full body experience within perception. Altering one sense have effects on others. Taste and smell are closely linked in your perception, which is why when you have a stuffed up nose things often taste more bland.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
posted in the wrong thread

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Phlegmi]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Hey, the S-Dog in the Aliens forum. Interesting indeed.

Not a bad post, Dolan has some interesting views and he thoroughly researches his own work. So his "endorsement" of Laura is interesting to me.

First off, let me say that Laura Knight Jadcyk claims to be a channeler. I just can't take them serious. I mean, I think Blossom Goodchild and GFL when I hear Laura Knight Jadcyk and her channelling in the Cassiopaean Appocolypse Cult.( ahh you can write a book, but you can't re-write your history).

When Dolan talks about Reptilians, I wonder if he understands that Laura channels this information via Ouija boards.
There are many tales from ex members of her cult out there, I won't link them, but simple search will do on Laura or Cassiopaea will do and you can form your own opinion from them.
I for one am sceptical of her claims and will not be looking at this book, yet another in a long series.
I like Dolan, this is a blight on his work to be associated with Laura' "work" IMHO.
Its like Jim Marr saying Harry Potter opened his eyes uo to the fact that Wizards and Magicians are running amuck in London and are controlling us poor muggles.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gdc934
The only people who could possibly look at claims like these and believe them are one's who are desparately wanting to believe reality is different from what they perceive it to be themselves. They will gladly accept such theories and convince themselves that they might be true. There is absolutely NO real hard evidence to back ANY of these types of "stories". We can't even learn to accept that maybe UFO's are alien visitors, Even with video/physical evidence, and yet some people will try and spread theories like this with absolutely NO legitimate proof.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Gdc934]

Dont make me laugh, Ok, so why dont you tell the billions of people on the planet to stop worshiping Jesus?

In your own words.. "There is absolutely NO real hard evidence to back ANY of these types of "stories"."

"Even with video/physical evidence, and yet some people will try and spread theories like this with absolutely NO legitimate proof."

Ok tell me, are the billions of people on the planet also spreading theories when they preach Jesus? Of course they are..

Just because this praticular story is in comprehendable for your 5 sense brain, dont make it sound like its any differant to all the other stories that are told.

Peace.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My question is this:
IF it is such an epic situation we're in and (in her words), "Knowledge Protects; Ignorance Endangers," why is she selling this book?

If it is such a big deal, wouldn't she want to hand it out for free? Or at least charge a minimal expense (I realize she, like most, needs money to for living and, perhaps, research expenses).

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Its impossible for a race that is predatory and evil to handle the technology required to venture out into space without distroying themselves.

We truley have nothing to fear but fear itself.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have personal experience with this woman and her group. She does indeed run a cult although she would argue you this point to the end.

That being said, she is a very good researcher and writer. I won't say all her research is totally unbiased but then is anyone's? She is actually backed up by the likes of Rudolph Steiner, alchemists and ancient religious teachings which do indeed imply we are controlled and our thoughts are not our own. Whether this be by ET's or spiritual beings is a matter of interpretation I think.

If you choose to read the book you may well be convinced. If it seems unbelievable then simply do the research and prove it wrong.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Maybe they are what "demons" really are?

and why people seem to live in such misery and surrounded by such evil, even though most of us are seemingly good at heart?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You should watch Micheal Tsarion.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I really can't believe that creatures such as these
exist. Scale-skinned creatures that manipulate the
ways of humans? no... surely outlandish.

I think that most of us tolerate the idea that some
of these 'snake-oil salesmen' come onto this site
to 'sell' their wares, but it seems there are more and
more of them every week.

There is no such thing as these creatures, I can't prove
it, but common sense whispers that it's silly.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You can't trust anything "channeled".

Anything channeled can claim to be anything and anyone.

The One thing that is consistent with Channeled "entities" is lies and manipulation of the truth. This is especially true of false prophecies.

Jacques Vallee has a very good book on UFO cults and "channelers" called Messengers of Deception which goes over this.

Humans like myth and this space opera is no different than cave men wanting myth to explain natural phenomena. It makes us feel comfortable as if we have power over it.

The truth is that we don't have any power over it and we have no idea what we are dealing with.

[edit on 8/5/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Knight-Jadczyk is not the originator of this "story". It has been put together piece by piece from many sources in the last 10 years or so. Info from abductees, other researchers, etc. So you cannot dismiss the story just because she may be questionable. On the other hand, that does not mean its true either. It is certainly our "mythology" if nothing else. Whether it is true in a nuts-and-bolts consensus-reality 3D sense, remains to be seen.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If a Repitilian extraterrestrial species want to take over
the world why havnt they done it by now.

What they waiting for?

2012 almost here they dont have much time
before were all gone!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Hmm... Well we are Cannibals, whose to say that somewhere out there, that a race such as this could have evolved and learned how to travel through space on a giant picnic... It's plausible that a cold blooded species would probably adapt to space travel easier than a mammalian race would.

The only problem with this concept, is that for all our examples here on Earth, reptiles have very small brains, and as a matter of fact there has been no reptile with a brain much larger than a peach... So from our own lavish examples of different forms of life here on Earth with it's abundant assortment of lifeforms, there is no example of anything remotely advanced or with the capability to become advanced, from the reptile species...

I'd be more inclined to believe a Race of Space Monkeys with an appetite for meat than a Reptile Space Faring species...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
In reply to those concerned about the channeling, you won't find a lot in her books. Any that is in there is usually backed up by legitimate research.

I don't want to appear to be promoting this woman as on a personal basis I loath her. This is just my effort to be fair and objective.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I should say.... what is quite unbelievable in this thread is the amount of people screaming impossibility, certainly deciding to be imprisoned once more. Pretty big Universe, one small planet, my reality has been decided.

There is danger in choosing to say its impossible for something of this nature to exist, but there is nothing wrong with beginning to open more doors to increase ones perception. If one is too concerned what other people may think, life is going to be very difficult if certain "impossible" situations arise.\

There is only crazy in basing reality off of your 5 senses, but that is ones personal choice journey, full with their own unique learning experiences. Many of you will be in for a treat at some point in your journeys. Humans have difficult enough time getting along with people that havr the same color skin as them...or perhaps, people on a message board they can't even see with their physical eyes. Endless possibilities, boundless universe, best of luck to many of you.

Be In Peace.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Hey, long time no see...

Last month I saw David Icke on his boston lecture (7 hours!!!)... just
incredible... and I was a harsh reptoid critic... I mean... the man show
us the door.

check the "Beyond the cutting edge" dvd´s... it WILL change your
perspective.

To answer your post Wertdagf, the reps stay as etheric form and suck
out emotional astral energy from the chakras from people who are in
very emotional distress (fear, anger, survival)...

They have interbred with some of us to change the DNA (royal families)
and to push out their agenda... they can interact with those people.

Far out I know.... I took the steps of Mr. Icke and Im convinced.

(I think the picture of Bush doing the hand sign was the last drop for me)

7 hours... I couldnt stop watching.... And fitted what I had discovered
about me (PK and astral projection)

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
this guy may be a professional researcher, but he may just be professionally researching garbage.

garbage in garbage out..who knew

why would they wait until 2012? they've had thousands of years and they just wait until then? why would you try to corrupt people after they've already modernized? why would you not corrupt people from the dawn of civilization and cut the work by 10 fold. damn these reptilians are real brilliant!!!
They are probably these aliens crashing all over earth because they took the most inefficient way around the galaxy and ran out of fuel. Oh it all makes sense now.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I mean no disrespect to OP in typing this, none whatsoever. Kudos to him/her for bringing this information to the forefront. As a matter of fact I gave this thread a star.

In my honest opinion, this whole alien reptilian thing is the biggest bunch of bull that I have heard in a long time. It sounds to me like some classic scenario orchestrated by the powers that be.

Fear mongering(AKA terrorism) at its finest. It would be pretty frightening to be invaded by an alien reptilian species. I'm sure many others would agree, snakes freak me out! In a situation like this the PTB know who the general public would turn to, the same ones that created the problem...................them. Much like what happened with 911.

Life is just a big game and the powers that be know how to play it.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Well its just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions, but this sounds like a bunch of sci-fi bull crap passed off as the truth to sell some books. I have read some other stuff from that Dolan guy and he lives in lala land.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

I have to agree in a way but what I don't understand is even if all you are doing is trying to sell the story why just put it out there and say, "Hey this is what's going on." Would it not be a better move both investment wise and to gain more credibility to say something like, "We don't know what's going on here but it seems really fishy that..." And then present possibilities? Just seems to me that you could reach a larger audience and sell more of whatever it is your selling. Otherwise to me it just comes off as another pushy "I know this and you better too"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join