It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earning points....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
OK, I've tried to find every mention of earning points I can find, but surely, there must be an easier way to getting to the 5,000 mark. Can anyone help advise? At this rate, it's going to take at least a year. I'm in awe at how many points some people have, and think they must live on this forum! LOL!

Seriously though...please advise?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

Yes you join Twitter and contact a certain MOD.
I will have to see if I have the U2U from which one.
You get 5000 pts.

Edited to add:

Sorry I do not have the U2U message.
Just search Twitter ATS points.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by cindymars]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm in totally the same boat! We've been members since last year, have similar point levels- after we've spent some. I personally have also been getting frustrated with how others can accumulate points so fast- one liners maybe? Some people just know how to start discussions. Sometimes this only requires posting the newest Ron Paul stuff or a youtube video.
I too wonder what's in the 5k board.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
To Get 5000 points, You can join up to Twitter and follow ATS, u2u me (asala ) with your twitter name and make sure you follow ATS twitter.com...

what its all about...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Over the years, we've had lots of queries from members and even well-informed outsiders as to our overall lack of presence on mainstream "Social Networks" such as MySpace, FaceBook, Friendster, etc. For the most part, I've never come across a useful feature, function, or reason for ATS to adopt one such service over another. However, after some preliminary experiments, I believe Twitter provides our community with a unique additional method to expand awareness of our topics, our members, and what our members are thinking.

For those who are unaware of Twitter, it's a slightly different twist on the concept of social networking that encourages participants to contribute short blurbs about what they're currently thinking and doing. It's gaining popularity in many circles, especially since it integrates mobile devices, IM, and email into the mix. To many, this might seem excessive, if MySpace were coffee, Twitter is like crystal meth in comparison! But then... it hit me... the genius of something like Twitter may not be what one person is thinking/saying/doing, it's more likely going to be what a large group of like-minded people are saying, doing, thinking, and hoping for.

The AboveTopSecret.com Experiment With Twitter

AboveTopSecret.com On Twitter

AboveTopSecret.com and our Twitter Friends

As you can see, we've developed a method to automatically feed Twitter new topics that quickly generate several replies. We've been at it for a couple days as part of our initial test.

And as you can also see, a few astute ATS members have noticed our Tweets (that's what a Twitter update is called) and have decided to follow our updates, and we're following them. The resulting with-friends page is an aggregate list of everyone's tweets.

Hrm... now that is where ATS can take this concept and push it someplace truly different.

The AboveTopSecret.com Firehose Of Consciousness on Twitter

Imagine, if you will, an AboveTopSecret.com & Friends Twitter page with dozens, or even hundreds of ATS members providing one or two tweets a day, along with the regular hot new topics. This becomes especially valuable if your contributions are meaningful and not the typical "waiting for pizza dude" type tweets that seem to be prevalent. We'd end up with a running relevant commentary of what's important to us for all the world to see. A firehose of what we think, as we're thinking it.

Starting The Experiment

To encourage our members to join and participate with relevant tweets, just do one of the following:

1) Already On Twitter? Follow our page, then U2U me with your Twitter username.

2) Join Twitter With Your ATS Username then follow our page

3) If your ATS Username is taken on Twitter use a different name to join Twitter, follow us, then U2U me your username

We'll award ATS members that follow our page with 5,000 ATS points. (Not to worry, membership in Twitter requires a minimum of information.)

If all goes well, the ATS & Friends page will be a stunning stream of consciousness on a fast-rising social network.

DISCLAIMER
There is no relationship between Twitter and The Above Network, LLC. This idea is purely born out of us noticing the potential that exists with integrating such a service. If any relationship between us and Twitter were to develop because of this initiative, we'll be sure to provide full disclosure.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
My only question is why are points important?

personly i have no clue as to how many i have or what they mean, thats not why i come to the board. I could care less about points or all of that i come for the inteligent conversation and news and info that you cant get anywhere else.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This link, though a bit dated, might help.

All about points.

wupy

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Also posting a good thread gains points the good old fashion way.

A great post will earn points quickly and maybe some applause points if you did some good research.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I hear that at 100,000 points you get invited to the real above top secret forum not listed on the board, where you will have access to many untold truths and great wealth.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Wow! Well, apparently my joining Twitter kicked in, because my points shot up!

Thanks for the head's up everyone! I do try to post interesting things, but some people are just better at it than others, and what interests me may not be what interests the majority. But I'm honing my skill, so we'll see! Maybe I'll hit the jackpot one day, and I'll start a thread that goes crazy! LOL!

And I really don't care about points, except I'd like to pop over to the RATS forum and see what it's all about.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I never really paid much attention to the points. I do know that my old account that I lost my password for I had over 3000 in that. But it took a good 2 years to get there. But anywho's I prefer this user name over my old one, since this one fits me better then my old childhood nickname. It also says you can buy stuff with points?? Never knew that. I guess I better get busy posting more. Who knows maybe about 2011 I will have enough to get something. Other then a swift kick in the pants. Ok I am off to watch the skies now with all the warnings they have out.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
My only question is why are points important?

personly i have no clue as to how many i have or what they mean, thats not why i come to the board. I could care less about points or all of that i come for the inteligent conversation and news and info that you cant get anywhere else.

yes i do concur, i've never used points, i've never really cared about it one way or the other, i'm not on a quest for points, i would rather bring news, and discussion to people.

Cheers mates!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If the points are what motivate your discussions and actions, then I feel bad for you(no offense meant, of course).
I see so many people start totally worthless or provocative threads as an obvious effort to boots their little point tallies, it saddens me.
Thankfully, there are some truly intelligent contributors on this forum and some rather enlightening discussions take place, but as I have been a member, it gets harder and harder to wade through the river of (snip).
Slayer69 makes a great point. Earn em the old fashioned way. Submit valuable contributions and yee shall be rewarded.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
What's the fastest way to get point? Most of the highest tallies seem to be from members who have either been here for years or make it a habit to post outrageous statements that tend to elicit swift, but passionate responses from polar opposites (where oppinion on the subject is concerned). The more nerves you step on, the more points you get.

I would personally feel guilty about posting such tripe here on ATS but it doesn't seem to bother most people. You learn a lot my clicking on other people's public profiles. I would suggest poking around in them to see what kind of material they are posting to get all those points. I found it to be quite informative!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

i haven't joined twitter or used anything else ... all you've got to do is make excellent posts and produce reply/flag-invoking threads

[edit on 5-5-2009 by baseball101]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I joined twitter and I am still waiting....sigh.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nolongerindenial

Did you U2U Asala?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

If you want to earn points then write thought provoking articles or bring current events to the forum.

Up the following:
Flags: 15
Stars: 222

Those numbers need to go up and writing articles helps. Especially since if admins applaud your effort for 500 points each. Note my flags, stars and applause for my post count.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
ok sorry if this is a little off topic, but whats the little green line under BTS points that looks kinda like an EXP bar on a video game?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

Length is post count, full bar = 10,000 posts.

Color is an ATS mystery, it is a combination of forums one posts in, applause, and magic.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It is not that hard once you start jumping into discussions.

One post a day aint gonna cut it

reply to post by X-tal_Phusion

I love your avatar pic. Friggin awesome!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join