It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen shoot 41 at wedding party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Gunmen shoot 41 at wedding party

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

AT least 41 people have been killed in an attack on a wedding party in a village in southeast Turkey, an official from the governor's office said.

At least three others were wounded in the shooting in the village of Bilge, the official, who requested anonymity, said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What does it take for someone to not only kill someone at a wedding but massacre 41 people?

Separatist Kurdish rebels are active in southeast Turkey, where they have waged a 24-year campaign for self-rule.

Blood feuds are also frequent in the region.

I struggle to comprehend a blood feud that would warrant killing 41 people at a wedding, however why would separatist Kurds want to do something this terrible?

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well, let's see. The Kurds have been attacked and massacred by Turks, by Iranians, and by Iraqis.

For a mountain people who just want to be left alone, and aren't, then those who may have lost everyone in their family, may wish to share their misery.

The only way they know how.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This won't help Turkey's bid for admission to the EU.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Cowards.Are they alive still? I need an update.
If they have hostages I'll call Peter Covington @ Hereford.... but no way should theese guys get away with this.

Constantly people arnt honorable enough to just kill themselves. They need to kill otheres like cowards and it makes me so angry.

Somthing tells me that this will raise stats this year in sensless killings and fragngs. That idiot that ran over the people in Amsterdamn, the shooter in Azerbijan.... all of theese shootings will raise %25 percent this year... just my hypedpothosis

Semper Fi

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan

What does it take for someone to not only kill someone at a wedding but massacre 41 people?

You just have to be a human, it's in our nature.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh yeah, i think they should be accepted into the E.U. country club, i mean they seem civilized, they only killed 41 people. Oh hang on, that was at a wedding..hmm, let me re think this post....um....i think we should wait another ten years lets see how the body count reads.

No offense to anyone, but what is it with all these middle eastern nations, all they seem to know well is how to kill and kill and kill. I guess that whole region needs to time travel back to the stone age perhaps then they might learn that you need to EDUCATE your country men and woman in order to move forward.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I believe that we have had this scenario before...cannot recall exactly where though.

Alarming indeed.
One way to make a statement of hatred.

I am not sure about our world and its path.
May these victims ascend.

Peace...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I can't be the only one reminded of the Kill Bill movies...right?

on topic:

These people are going to have to sort this out for themselves. Diplomacy isn't going to help this, nor is sending in the troops. Until they get their act together the world should just ignore them in every meaning of the word "ignore." Just quit trading with them and paying them any sort of attention and they'll work it out sooner.

TA

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Its very sad to see such a gap between nations on many levels, i wont even approach the human rights issue with these middle easter nations, but it is sad. I doubt they are even aware that in afew short years man will be traveling to mars on missions, do you think they can honestly grasp what is involved.

But to your question, i feel that it would solve many many problems, but then we are left with a moral issue. Although i fear that at some point nations who have chosen to cooperate and interact for the sole purpose of increasing knowledge and culture in every form will eventually turn their back and allow them to either annihilate themselves or become slaves without any saying based on their nations leaders and history events.

Like i said that time is drawing so close that in my opinion they barely have twenty years to either fall into place or they will be taught how things should be done. As i mentioned, all they know is to kill and create conflict and issues on a global scale. In closing, the worst part is that over half of the population has a learning disability and its poverty is that similar to an isolated jungle clan. Again i mean no disrespect to anyone in my definitions of jungle clan, i am referring to a amazonian tribe.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
i mean they seem civilized,

all they seem to know well is how to kill and kill and kill.

Do you know you guys killed much more Iraqi. Nearly 1 million death.
en.wikipedia.org...

Definitely, it is a different matter. They are uncivilized, and your killing is in the name of freakdom and demoncrazy.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by redchina

Originally posted by tristar
i mean they seem civilized,

all they seem to know well is how to kill and kill and kill.

en.wikipedia.org...

Definitely, it is a different matter. They are uncivilized, and your killing is in the name of freakdom and demoncrazy.

Hello,

To begin with i never stated who is wrong and who is right, all i am showing is how stupid nations can be. Instead of listening and trying to work with neighbors or interacting with other nations for the common good of humanity we often resort to war, as war is just another form of diplomacy. What i was referring to was the level at which a nation through its academic infrastructure has failed to teach its citizens the value of a human life. No country is perfect but we do see common abuses that in western nations have ceased to exist. Its that narrow minded who are still directing the less educated and into calling one nation evil or the other good.

If humanity really wants to move forward we and i mean every nation, needs to pour some water in their wine glass, otherwise nations and its citizens will be left behind and will have no chance in displaying their heritage to the rest of the world.

I sir carry no flag, i am here to expand as much as i can within the life span that i am able to have through natural life. Its knowledge i seek, i care not about what race,color or creed you are or represent. I am on this planet for a purpose to achieve knowledge and to not worry about futile issues as i have just mentioned.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Well, let's see. The Kurds have been attacked and massacred by Turks, by Iranians, and by Iraqis.

For a mountain people who just want to be left alone, and aren't, then those who may have lost everyone in their family, may wish to share their misery.

The only way they know how.

WOW....

Coming from you that made me hit the floor!

Why don't you see the Palestinians in the same light you see the Kurds?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Does the Kurdish government launch unguided missles into Turkish and Iranian communities? Does the Kurdish government send suicide bombers into Turkish and Iranian marketplaces and buses?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
"Those to whom evil is done, do evil in return."

W.H. Auden

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
reply to post by breakingdradles

Does the Kurdish government launch unguided missles into Turkish and Iranian communities? Does the Kurdish government send suicide bombers into Turkish and Iranian marketplaces and buses?

You should read up on the PKK; they are certainly not angels.

The PKK committed numerous abuses against civilians in northern Iraq throughout 1997. For example, on August 4, five persons were reportedly kidnaped from the village of Gunda Jour by a PKK band. Iraqi Kurds reported that on October 23, a PKK unit killed 14 civilians (10 of them children) and wounded 9 others in attacks on the villages of Korka, Chema, Dizo, and Selki. On December 13, seven Assyrian civilians reportedly were ambushed and killed near the village of Mangeesh. Many villagers in Dohuk and Irbil provinces, particularly those from isolated areas, were reported to have abandoned their homes and temporarily relocated to cities and lager towns to escape PKK attacks.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
You should read up on the PKK; they are certainly not angels.

True. So how come the perceived attitude towards them here is not positive? I'd think a lot of the pro-Palestinian people here would hold the same support for the Kurds who are being suppressed by the Turkish and Iranian governments. I'm thinking it's because the Kurds are fighting the Iranians, the pro-Palestinian 'Superman'.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You got that right.

When we kill, they deserve it.

And those Wiki numbers you quoted?

The US and Britain didn't kill nearly that many. Someone is sniffing glue, and counting Iraqi on Iraqi deaths.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by redchina
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh I see, someone calling himself/herself "redchina" trying to claim all deaths in the Iraqi war were done by the U.S.... Who would have thought it?...

The only ones killing one million people from about 1949 through the cultural revolution has been your country, "Red China", and that's only the number we know...

Oh and let's not talk about the 110 million people at least who have been murdered in the name of Communistdemonizing, and that's without counting the deaths in battle....

To try to return to the discussion of this topic...

I feel for the loss of the families of those murdered.

Oh, and btw, how can someone calling himself/herself "RedChina" be posting this from China when websites like this one are banned, at least for the regular Chinese people living in China...

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The Kurds have have been one of the most abused in the middle east for a century or better. Why is it when those of you who scream about the so called 'Palestinians' continue to ignore the FACT that the Arab nations have scorned them in a manner much worse than the Kurds. Absolute ignorance!
Zindo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join