It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen shoot 41 at wedding party

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
The Kurds have have been one of the most abused in the middle east for a century or better. Why is it when those of you who scream about the so called 'Palestinians' continue to ignore the FACT that the Arab nations have scorned them in a manner much worse than the Kurds. Absolute ignorance!
Zindo

They have been one of the minority groups who have been abused, but there have been many others unfortunately.

However, the fact that other minority groups have been abused in the Middle East does not diminish what has happened, and keeps happening to these people.

Then again, what do you think will happen?

You think the UN is going to go after the perpetrators of this crime? Unfortunately they won't, and noone else will.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

That was my point. No UN or siting government will do anything to alleviate the problem. The Kurds have always been a problem no one wants to tackle and no Arab nation wishes to change that. Its the same with the 'Palestinians'. No Arab government wishes to do anything to alleviate the problem because they use them to further their own agenda!

Zindo

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

The thing is that if some government tries to help these people, many people with their own agendas will claim that country is invading them.

The United States used to be one of the countries that would try to help others decades ago, and many people around the world, and even many Americans, were bashing and blaming the United States for doing this.

I remember many times in history when other countries have helped others gain independence, but now, and for many decades this has been seen as "invading other countries for monetary reasons, or political reasons".

If any country, even with really good intentions, tried to stop things like this, there will be many people, and countries, not to mention the UN who would claim it is for other reasons, and will claim it is a crime against humanity.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The Kurds remind me of another mountain people who just wanted to live in peace. The Montagnards.

The most fun-loving, best natured, almost childish people who were hunted by their enemies from the "low country." Hunted almost to extinction.

Damned shame, really.

I think the Kurds and Montagnards had a lot in common.

Just not their music.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by dooper]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I had forgotten about those folks. the Hmong also had the same problem from the ethnic Chinese and Viet Namese! Best damned trackers in the mountains.

Zindo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join