It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Growing Discontent

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

Thank you for correcting my spelling. I don't see how you equate credit cards and pay day loans with a massive NATIONAL debt. I have taught my children to live within their means. Why should I even worry about my children? To have a hundred thousand dollar tax debt on them at birth...Well that is just being patriotic..isn't it?
There is an old saying: The sins of the father shall be visited upon the son.
I guess it should have been said: The sins of the government shall be visited upon the citizen.

I do agree that the patriot act should be repealed. It DOES affect peoples rights.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

A "constitutional movement" after 8years of an already tarnished constitution left by bushies and other conservatives alike. Where the hell were you during the last 8years?

Well, I supported Bush for the first term and feel he screwed us all in the second term. I don't understand why you didn't support him, during the second term. He was more of a liberal than many Democrats, then.

Why don't you answer yor own question? Where were you for the last 8 years, when Democrats were voting for the spending, the Iraq war, and the tax cuts? Every time I read someone's challenge, to a liberal, about the 2007 - 2008 Democrat controlled Congress, I never read a direct response. We have been screwed by the lot of them. There is slime left on both sides of the "aisle", at the end of a congressional work day.

This thread has impressed me with the, relative, lack of partisanship. Believe me when I say, all the petty bickering over party affilliation must be forgotten, if this country is to survive.

Edit: Sorry. This was supposed to be a reply to Southern Guardian.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by WTFover]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Gentlemen, I know it is late, but I wish to leave you with an upbeat post. Long ago, my Grandfather gave me a light tan brown book that he had treasured for many years. Across the front, it had printed in gold leaf: Centennial Addition, Library of Congress, General George Washington’s Vision for America. It had a brief history of the vision, including the fact that it was the second book printed by the Library of Congress – the first being the Bible.

Now the Agnostics and Atheist will have to excuse this please, but the fact that it had first been copied by the Library of Congress in the late 1700’s proves that there is no way this was a fake; as well as portions of the vision (The original was taken down by General Washington’s Adjutant and was 186 pages of information that lead Luis and Clark to the West Coast and other amazing predictions of ‘iron horses’ on iron rails crossing the nation, WW1 as well as 2 and numerous amazing insights that even made the History Channels attempt to belittle it look stupid – kind of hard to ignore the fact it was first published 2 years before the civil war and included COAST TO COAST RAIL PREDICTIONS)

The point being is that we win. This nation (I’ll do a Biblical Prophecy Thread on America soon) WILL NOT PASS FROM THE EARTH! This vision is what has kept me fighting when all laughed and ridiculed me since 1991.

Plus, here is more proof of the arms collection event.

ad2004.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good night fellow Patriots!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

This thread has impressed me with the, relative, lack of partisanship. Believe me when I say, all the petty bickering over party affilliation must be forgotten, if this country is to survive.

Well then it looks as if this country is toast because the likes of Rush, Sean, Savage and lots of other GOP mouthpieces on the AM/FOX dial are continuing to fan the flames of partisanship, hatred of all that have a different view and apparently they are expanding their demographic.
There will be no concerted revolution. Just people driving around in their cars or trucks shooting people and calling their blood lust "fighting for our freedom" that will eventually result in a racial/civil war.

Even this thread shows the difference in ideologies as some seek to destroy rather than work peacefully thru, a granted flawed system and
actually work for a common good.

May God have mercy on our Souls.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by WTFover

Well then it looks as if this country is toast because the likes of Rush, Sean, Savage and lots of other GOP mouthpieces on the AM/FOX dial are continuing to fan the flames of partisanship, hatred of all that have a different view and apparently they are expanding their demographic.

Let's not forget Maddow, Cooper, Colmes and Blitzer...
Can't think of a second line to enhance this post.

Edit: Damn I did it again

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

and both of us continue the petty party affiliation bickering. You said it WTFover; this country will not survive.

I reiterate....

May God have mercy on our Souls...even if we don't deserve it.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I wasn't bickering. I agreed with you and added some to your list. My point is, We the People are the ones being taken for a ride. By all of the elitists.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

Thank you for correcting my spelling. I don't see how you equate credit cards and pay day loans with a massive NATIONAL debt. I have taught my children to live within their means. Why should I even worry about my children? To have a hundred thousand dollar tax debt on them at birth...Well that is just being patriotic..isn't it?
There is an old saying: The sins of the father shall be visited upon the son.
I guess it should have been said: The sins of the government shall be visited upon the citizen.

I do agree that the patriot act should be repealed. It DOES affect peoples rights.

I mentioned credit cards and pay-day loans as I thought financial institutions may have been one of the 'common enemies' you were possibly referring to.

I don't know where to go with the comment, 'Why should I even worry about my children." I mentioned them because in your previous post you stated that our children's children will be chained with inescapable debt, or something along those lines.

As for a theological approach in response to your sins of the father comment I would respond by saying most all the fear mongering, the sky is falling, pass the ammo the common enemies are coming down the street is all too apocalyptical and drenched in fear of some truly unknown. The entire scenario you draw of this common enemy is so speculative its nothing more than a day dream.

Yes, the average American is disillusioned and not fulfilled. We all want to explore the next undiscovered country, we want to amount to something other than the customer service rep unrecognized by our multibillion dollar company. But the world is flat all over again. Global commerce and markets have completely leveled the playing field. The average person will not, in the very harsh reality that it is, reach their full potential. We will work for a series of corporations throughout our lives and hope to retire someday. That's it. The American dream has changed. Its no longer the shinny house on the top of the hill. Its, I hope my house isn't foreclosed because my company shipped everyone's job over seas. To summarize your posts and how many Americans, including myself and most of my friends feel is that everything we have been told as we grew up is not the reality of life today. We struggle, we work over time and we can loose it all if things don't go as planned. I think this explains the sharp increase in divorce, domestic violence, crime and depression in the modern America. I think its a real possibility people can be misapplying their frustrations with a variety of things effecting them on many levels.

Who is the 'common enemy'? Specifically.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

JSO, if you'd read the context of my thread, you'd see that I specifically mentioned looters, rioters, and such that would attempt to penetrate neighborhoods to continue their mayhem.

Sorry, Dooper, I missed that. Skim reading does that to me. Please accept my apologies; I should have gone back and re-read your post. I knew that didn't sound right, coming from you.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Some of the posting on here is starting to remind me of trying to catch a pig in the mud. After a while you realize you are getting nowhere and the pig loves it. Sarge I know where yo are coming from as do others. There just seems to be way too much argument for arguments sake, that is why I dropped my posts. We have all gotten off topic and invariably someone had to bring up partisanship which we dropped a long time ago. My only request is caution on your part about the current state of te militia movement, and what may or may not be available.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I find it mildly interesting that my post of "Plan, Aftermath, Result, and Benefits" some pages ago not only has not been mentioned, but seemingly completely ignored as this topic has faded into petty arguments that I first mentioned in said post.

There are those that asked for a plan and the strategies behind it and I provided from my standpoint. This will not be a battle won on guerilla warfare or "three man teams" I'm sorry. Separated we are only as strong as our weakest link, but in mass, we are the strongest and most pletiful force in this country.

You decide to do anything with little batches of people and you are sending those people to death. People are swayed by mass approval. For those who are skeptical about which side to choose, a small group is going to look terrifying simply because they would be so easy to pick off. You can look at history for that information.

So while these debates are all fine and well, get over it. If any of you hope to achieve absolutely anything you are going to have to get over your selfish pride and views on how YOU think things should be. There will be a time and place for that in the end but you start doing it now, and the only end we are going to see is a totalitarian state where yours views aren't worth a damn.

So please, I would appreciate if someone addressed my posts at all, rather than just pass on through.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

I am sure SGTChas has not really compromised anything or anyone although I do agree with you, I must admit it is quite comforting, if not surprising to know that there is a network of 'good guys' out there that is well organized and prepared.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

gwydion, I'll address at least one element you brought up. If I understand the most elemental of your premise, it's that small groups can be wiped out by larger groups, and thus, to think about using small groups to fight larger groups would be foolish and a waste of effort.

Do not interpret my disagreement with just being contentious.

One of the most difficult concepts of warfare, proven throughout the millennia, is that numbers mean absolutely nothing. NOTHING.

This is counterintuitive. To succeed in fighting, your intuition must be counterintuitive in substance.

Guerillas don't go for a head shot; they do small flesh wounds - hundreds - and in time - from loss of blood, the larger will grow weak and eventually bleed out. You can kill an enraged grizzly, Cape Buffalo, or lion with a .22 rifle. Eventually. Hit them with enough shots, regardless of shot placement, and with enough time they will eventually bleed out.

Nathaniel Greene, Dan Morgan, Francis Marion, Claire Chenault, Chesty Puller, and hundreds and hundreds of others would agree that numbers mean absolutely nothing.

In SF in Southeast Asia, they enjoyed a 150:1 kill ratio. Think about that for a moment. Even if you count Montagnards who often decided to return home by the trails they knew, the kill ratio was still 33:1. And this was a primitive tribe who used bows and blowguns. Against heavily armed, well-trained NVA.

"There is nothing inevitable about a military victory, even for forces of apparently overwhelming strength. The Greeks at Marathon, Alexander against the Persian Empire, the success of the colonists against the British in the American Revolution, Napolean against the Austrians in Italy . . . all offer dramatic evidence to the contrary. In the absence of inspired military leadership, the (morally) stronger wears down the weaker."

Bevin Alexander

The reasons our military generals see problems as a function of numbers, is that large numbers will conceal poor generalship.

Large enough numbers will conceal gross incompetence. And our generals are not leaders. They're managers and administrators.

Give me a proven Sergeant over an unproven General any day.

I'm not going to stand in front of a tank. I'll trail it, and when everyone gets out to take a break, or set up for the night, that's when I'll pick my opportunity.

Fighters? You gotta see me to hit me.

You know those little cheap, bamboo or wicker door mats that roll up? Get one, and when you spray contact cement on one side, you push it sticky side down in the dirt you're hiding in, pull it over you, and you'll get stepped on before anyone knows you're there.

Guerillas have one thing others don't have. Time.

On my forearm is a tattoo of a spider. I got that upon completing my SF training. It was to be a constant reminder of how I should hunt. Patience and preparation. And my prey always came to me. In my time. In my place.

Numbers?

Don't worry about the numbers. This isn't a game where you keep score to determine the winner.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by dooper]

[edit on 6-5-2009 by dooper]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I liked your post. At least it's a plan. Nebulous in areas, and necessarily so, but a plan nonetheless. What you have there is a political goal, a direction to move towards. Might not be Ideal to all here, but what is? Isn't that the purpose of debate and discussion, to reach some sort of consensus?

What most posters on here are talking about is the tactical response, the 'strong right arm' to accomplish the goal, not necessarily the goal itself, other than in vague terms along the lines of 'restore the Constitution'. That's fine, and it's my goal as well, but it's the goal, not the map to get there.

Your disparagement of '3 to 6 man teams' is off base. In this environment, and indeed at the beginning of ANY struggle of the type being discussed, that's the ONLY way to organize and accomplish anything. Perhaps you are thinking in terms of frontal assaults, as most 'conventional' commanders do. They tend to disparage small teams too. I tell ya true, though, I've seen more damage caused by itty bitty 'hit and git' teams, organized cellularly so that each cell is isolated from knowing who the other teams are, receiving anonymous orders, than you could imagine. In more than one case, such organization has handed a much larger 'conventional' force's own butt back to it, on a silver platter.

Have you any idea how many american troops were on the ground in Afghanistan when the Taliban's version of Kabul fell? 50. 50 men, 100 boots on the ground. The whole city collapsed, taliban ran like hell. All 50 of those americans were Special Forces. The concept is called 'force multiplication'. Just 50 americans. We didn't get really bogged down there until the 'conventional' officers started whining because they saw their chance for glory, at the expense of the blood of their subordinates, slipping away from their grasp. They moved in their more 'massive' forces, marginalized the sneaky petes, and we got what we have today.

Yessir, there are just times when small units are the way to go. Small, tight knit units that can cause damage all out of proportion to their size. You will no doubt note that they had air support from the US Air Force. Granted, that's so. But there are ways and methods of planning around that contingency too. And no, I'm not gonna give away any procedural methodologies for defeating larger forces in a public forum. Al Qaida could be listening, eh? Besides, the folks who need to know already do.

For the folks disparaging the 'old fat bald guys', I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. I saw an old man, must have been around 80, hardly able to get around, shoot down a russian Mi8 Hip helicopter in Afghanistan, with an ancient british .303 rifle. That was years ago, but that little old guy that you wouldn't think could find his way to the bathroom got the job done, with less than optimal equipment.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Chas never said a group of 3 people is going to take on the NWO.

What he said is the militias has broken up into squads of 3 people each as to help eliminate infiltration by outside influences. What if there is hundred thousand of these 3 man groups or a million of these groups?

These guys and gals are apparently well armed too which is not hard for me to believe. I know guys in the Navy that every time a ship gets decommissioned all the Navy enlisted men go on the ship before it gets chopped up and 'takes' (steals) everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Guns, ammo, electronic equipment, hummers, you name it.

More importantly from what Chas said, these groups are organized and connected with each other and with key people inside the military and other Government entities.

That to me sounds quite effective. As anything else, networking is the key. As they say, it's all about who you know and who knows how high up their networking goes? Do you?

This sounds like quite a viable force and strategy if you ask me and good to know there are good guys making their own secret plans and strategies. Sometimes small numbers can exact a LARGE amount of influence. Hell, it's a very tiny group that runs the world right now.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Less than 650 men run this country.

Add up the Senators, the Congressmen, the White House Staff, and the Supreme Court.

650 men.

Just 650.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I think this explains the sharp increase in divorce, domestic violence, crime and depression in the modern America. I think its a real possibility people can be misapplying their frustrations with a variety of things effecting them on many levels.

The sharp increase in divorce, domestic violence, and crime has been decades in the making. The destruction of our Constitutional freedoms began many decades ago with many changes occurring slowly that have added together to accumulate into what we have today.

When I was young & went to school we started our day with prayer & the Pledge - the entire school.....together. Talk of no prayer, and those not wanting to participate in pledging allegience to our great country, did not occur. We were taught the fundamentals of our country's history - the makng of our Constitution and the idea it supported. Marriage was defined as sacred & between a man and a woman - it was more spiritual, in nature, than legally binding. More people, in my parents generation, remained married and endured despite their disagreements & difficulties - for the children & the family - for the family was the backbone of our society.

All that has changed over many decades of people slowly using our Constitution for their own covert motives. The family has been torn apart over the years which has helped to lead to the moral destruction within our country. This is not only my honest opinion - it has been my observation over the years. Marriage & family mean nothing today compared to my parents generation and, I believe, this has harmed this country greatly - the break down of the moral fabric which once made this country as great as our Constitution envisioned.

Who is the 'common enemy'? Specifically.

Those, in Government, who wish to continue to overlook the 'law of the land' and our Constutiton. IMHO, no one should be interpreting the Constitution other than those that wrote it to begin with. We have enough, quoted by the Founding Fathers, to be able to do this adequently.

Sarge I know where yo are coming from as do others. There just seems to be way too much argument for arguments sake, that is why I dropped my posts. We have all gotten off topic and invariably someone had to bring up partisanship which we dropped a long time ago.

I could not agree more!! This is no time for POLITICS. Politics is what has helped to destory this country to begin with and I, personally, am sick & tired of it! To hell with political parties - it is time to get it back to The People as it was meant to be!

I must admit it is quite comforting, if not surprising to know that there is a network of 'good guys' out there that is well organized and prepared

Yes, it is most comforting, though I am hardly suprised! Others have watched, over the decades, the same destruction of our country that I have and many are not nearly taking as many years to SEE it as some like myself did. Unfortunately many, like myself, were side tracked by the many diversions that have been placed before us over the years.

I thank God that I - finally - woke up to what has been going on, in this country, for a very long time. Thank God others were awaken sooner and they have been preparing many, many years before I ever realized what was happening.......

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Champagne

I could not agree more!! This is no time for POLITICS. Politics is what has helped to destory this country to begin with and I, personally, am sick & tired of it! To hell with political parties - it is time to get it back to The People as it was meant to be!

There is no divorcing of America from it's POLITICS. If McCain/Palin had of been elected this thread would not even exist because all the people calling for revolution would have embraced the GOP and declared us on the right course once again, spiritually, morally and ideologically.

I feel there probably will be a revolution/civilwar/racewar that will eventually look very much like the French Revolution. It worked well for them didn't it?

However.....

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

While I do agree that there is a lot of people like you who still love to play politics, most everyone I know despises our Federal Government regardless of whether the puppet is a democrat or republican. These days the difference is negligible.

Obama is simply carrying on with Bush's policies and exaggerating them for the most part.

People voted for Obama because of the promises he made of certain changes and he gone back on every single one of his promises and made them worse. He is not different than any other politician.

Lying, stealing, cheating, and treason are equal opportunity professions.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by whaaa

That is incredibly naive of you. While I do agree that there is a lot of people like you who still love to play politics, most everyone I know despises our Federal Government regardless of whether the puppet is a democrat or republican. These days the difference is negligible.

Hey, I admit it. I'm a political animal. I have served on my city council, run for other local offices and enjoy trying to help my community in the established structure of politics. I'm sure that "people like you" hate people like me that think the ballot box is for everyone and honor the rule of law established by many men and women much smarter than you or I.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by whaaa]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join