It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Growing Discontent

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I do not hate anyone and commend you for your job assuming you actually tried to do what is best for the people and I have no reason to assume otherwise.

However, it is not simply about politics anymore. It is not about pro-life vs. pro-choice. It is about that no matter who we vote in to office between the dominant politic parties our rights, finances, and privacy is being dwindled at ever increasing pace by both parties.

I could care less if someone if a republican, democrat, libertarian, etc... what I care is that they do what is best for the people with in the bounds of constitution. That has not been happening for a long time in a broad sense.

That is not to say EVERY single politician is corrupt or does not care for the people because clearly there are some, but they are certainly a minority.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar.

That is not to say EVERY single politician is corrupt or does not care for the people because clearly there are some, but they are certainly a minority.

Then wouldn't it make sense for men of honor to step up and run on a platform of integrity at all levels of government and try and change the corrupt situation thru peaceful means rather than calling for blood in the streets? Forgo Party loyalty and run on common decency and honor as an independent.

The American political system is perhaps tarnished but with honest hard work it can be as shiny as our founding fathers designed it to be; With care for the citizens, not special interest and corporate greed.

From my perspective I see much more hatred, violence and blood lust in this thread than intelligent logic being applied to a situation that can be solved with honor, class, diligence and a spirit of community.

My challenge is to everyone is to change the system by running for office yourselves instead of flexing those macho muscles with weapons, blood and talking tough.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I too am a saddened veteran Or should I say a Home Land Security Threat as it exists today. I agree with something needs to be done, however, everyone has a different tripwire. I would hate to be the only one out on the football field jumping around and realizing the rest of the team is still in the locker room.......
I believe its not how long one lives, but what one does while they are here that matters......... one person asked me if I had kids would I do anything, my answer was "because I have KIDS I would do something. I do not want my kids living in fear of an out of control government........And right now Our government does not listen to the people, SO HOW CAN IT SAY IT IS A GOVERNMENT OF THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, AND BY THE PEOPLE.......... oUR GOVERNMENT HAS LOST ITS WAY.......

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

TRY TO RUN FOR OFFICE OUTSIDE OF THE 2 PARTIES? THE COST ALONE WOULD KNOCK YOU OUT. WE ARE SO BRAINWASHED. Try to get support for running on honor and integrity... We hear that from the 2 perties all of the time but actions do not match their words.. The parties have passed obstacles for people to have to acomplish before getting put on a ballet. I know in Texas you have to pay alot of money or have an incredible amount of signatures to be put on a ballot. Sooo Good luck with your Idea hope it works for you...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I don't believe this discourse anywhere has been hateful or bloodthirsty. We have openly discussed revolution and whether there is a need. There is certainly anger, but that should and be misconstrued with hate. Heaven forbid the times I have been angry with my wife and kids and someone think it is hatred. That seems to be the voice of the MSM and TPTB from what I have seen however. Disagreement and anger become hatespeech. After all isn't DHS trying to stop this? When disagreement and anger against and idea are intolerable then is there any reason to believe talk of revolution would be anathema to those with power. The time of the ballot box is gone. We have seen that in the last few presidentials. I salute you for trying though. I myself would even vote for someone I completely disagreed with if I knew that they had true integrity. It seems that it is a dying character.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

I suppose I should try to explain my thoughts better.I should also highlight my question marks and exclaimation points. Some people do tend to confuse a question with a declaration.

When I stated the "sins of the Government" I suppose I should have used the word transgression instead of sins. I hate it when I confuse people by useing to common a term. I regret any religous connotation that would offend.We must always remain P.C.

I would say a common enemy is someone or some agency that would take from you what is rightfully yours. Be it tax dollars,property,liberties or uninfringable rights.

I do so hope that the outlook I have about the days ahead are WRONG!
I hope that what you believe comes true.That instead of anarchy it becomes a utopia. Maybe I should take an anti pragmatic pill.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The people are so brainwashed and the system is already that corrupt that, even if someone could bypass the cost of running for election, they would be blackmailed or black barreled so bad that in the end they are given two choices: forget about being in office, or go the route those in power want you to go.

With that aside, I can say that my comments about 3-6 mans teams being ineffective is not from a combative standpoint, but from an overall standpoint. I don't care how networked you are, it would be impossible for 500 tiny teams to work coherently together unless they were bonded under some sort of larger group.

And while I agree that small forces can indeed take out the larger using cunning and preparedness, let us not forget classic General Custer and go running in with our pants around our ankles not judging the consequences.

America isn't going to be some place of guerrilla warfare. Once the first shot is fired, martial law is going to go down. There aren't going to be just small groups of soldiers stationed around, There are going to be fortified stations of men who all know what they are doing, who will be expecting whatever comes. Work between small groups and initial assault forces will be necessary.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Ahhh yes, true as far as it goes. Do you think there is a possibility that martial law, brought on by the riots, looters, and general chaos, would be the spark for a guerrilla war? If not, WHY not?

Those groups of men you mention, gathered into LARGE 'stations', are a guerrilla warrior's dream. Taking experience in Afghanistan during the soviet war there again as an example, these huddled groups present problems for them selves, specifically:

1)Big groups are big targets. (for rockets, mortars, etc.)

2) Huddling in base leaves the guerrillas (in that case the muj) free to roam the countryside at will, doing as they will. This effectively gives them de facto control of the situation.

3) The soviets in Afghanistan, there towards the end, were pretty much buttoned up in their bases, only sending occaisional Spetsnaz teams out, and occasional patrols in strength by the infantry. The muj would just melt away from those, and pick up elsewhere.

4) While the big groups are occupied HERE, the guerrillas pick a softer target OVER THERE, and are gone before a response can arrive from the big group. That can also be parlayed into a 'pull apart' ambush, with a minimum of coordination.

5) Massive, intricate coordination is only required for massive, intricate groups, to minimize friendly fire incidents. Small groups, operating in their own AO, already know their targets, and where friendly fire would likely come from. They usually elect not to be where friendly bullets are whizzing by.

There are other points, but I think that's sufficient to get my drift. The small groups are LOOSELY organized in having a common goal, under a common heading, but no particular cell knows who or where the other cells are.

As time rolls on, and these smaller groups gain more power over the situation, they tend to band together in larger groups, and then coordinated assaults start.

Oh, and by the way, the harder and harsher the crackdown is on the local populace, the more recruits for the guerrillas. The more frustration the bad guys feel at their inability to decisively strike against the guerrillas, the harder and harsher they crack down on the locals, hoping to smoke the guerrillas out. See how that situation kind of recycles itself?

Also take into account that nowhere near ALL of the US military will be involved on the bad guy's side. Most of them emphatically will not, although a few will. They're gonna have to import foreign armies to have a hope at all, and the guerrillas then have the home team advantage of familiarity with the turf.

Remember Aesop's fable of the Fox and the Hare. It's not always how big or mean you are. Sometimes, it's what you fight for, what's at stake for you. Like they used to say back home, "It ain't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/5/6 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have to confess that even in the dissenting post I find hope. Even those who suppose me a ‘chicken little’ alarmist are prepared to some extent. As another great American said, “I might not get there with you” but in spirit I will. I value each of you because each of you is involved; it is the unengaged whose very condition bespeaks their end.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Earlier in this thread, I posted a suggestion that some event may kick things off. Some catastrophic event that would in turn act as a catalyst.

It hit me while ago, that there are some folks losing it, and after doing their own little murders, end up popping themselves, or some have the courtesy to allow law enforcement to do it.

This trend is troubling to me as there is no telling how many Tim McVeigh's there are, frustrated, plotting, brilliant, and dedicated.

And this guy wasn't exactly a team player.

I guarantee you, there are some individuals, and likely groups who are feeling so much frustration and hatred, who just don't give a damn.

And those guys who just don't give a damn?

They scare me the most.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Fear not brother Patriot, as you can see by the several states passing unfettered gun and sovereignty laws, it will be the US Government that will have to make a move to consolidate power. We need only take a stand to back what the Constitution says.

Further, we of the militia movement have been preparing for years; have you seen any idots rushing in to START anything? We have used this time to prepare.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Earlier in this thread, I posted a suggestion that some event may kick things off. Some catastrophic event that would in turn act as a catalyst.

It hit me while ago, that there are some folks losing it, and after doing their own little murders, end up popping themselves, or some have the courtesy to allow law enforcement to do it.

This trend is troubling to me as there is no telling how many Tim McVeigh's there are, frustrated, plotting, brilliant, and dedicated.

And this guy wasn't exactly a team player.

I guarantee you, there are some individuals, and likely groups who are feeling so much frustration and hatred, who just don't give a damn.

And those guys who just don't give a damn?

They scare me the most.

Too right dooper.There has to be some out there that are near the end of their rope. Lost jobs,uncertain furture,any number of things. It worries me as well. Finding something worth living for is easy.Finding something worth dieing for ...That would be a little bit harder.
I hope the better angels prevail in any case.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

I agree... If anything, the "hoax" of the pandemic alert allowed us to all take a breath, look around, and watch. We stay vigilant, but tactical.

No need to tip the hand too soon. You said it yourself dooper, there will be an obvious Lexington Green event. We just need to wait and be ready.

All this lull does is give all of us more time to observe.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Sarge, I'm not the least concerned about the Militia and militia groups. They are good men, dedicated men, who are the same stock as our founding fathers.

The ones I'm concerned with is the lone wolf/two or three, who are brilliant, dedicated, frustrated, plotting, able, and willing to really do something to put their names in the history books.

Just think of what that John Muhammed and Lee Malvo did with a single AR-15, ice for blood, and a shooting hole in the rear of the car.

And they were doing it for the hell of it, complete with a funny first name which should be a head's up. I think he had joined the Nation of Islam a few years earlier.

But someone can be just as canny, and make something happen at a national level that will go far beyond the event itself.

And that's when the proverbial feces hits the oscillating air circulator.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

I suppose I should try to explain my thoughts better.I should also highlight my question marks and exclaimation points. Some people do tend to confuse a question with a declaration.

When I stated the "sins of the Government" I suppose I should have used the word transgression instead of sins. I hate it when I confuse people by useing to common a term. I regret any religous connotation that would offend.We must always remain P.C.

I would say a common enemy is someone or some agency that would take from you what is rightfully yours. Be it tax dollars,property,liberties or uninfringable rights.

I do so hope that the outlook I have about the days ahead are WRONG!
I hope that what you believe comes true.That instead of anarchy it becomes a utopia. Maybe I should take an anti pragmatic pill.

Thanks for the concise and laconically written response. You still don't offer any real definition or explanation of what your posting. You seem to want anarchy and any post that tries to bring a sense of reason to what your posting you offer nothing back but insults and additional nonsense. No one posting here comments on a utopia or responding negatively to any religious comments. You seem to be caught in this movie-esq desire for armed conflict in the streets. The best explanation for the 'common enemy' is someone or some agency that's taking away what is ours. Still a little too vague for any sense to be made beyond your desire for people to by guns and build bomb shelters for when the 'common enemy' comes for each of us.

I agree that laws and actions that seem questionable need proper scrutiny. Its been recently released that Thermate was discovered at the WTC locations. This has enormous indications of Government involvement. (link below) MSM has said nothing of it. So while I do strongly agree with you, as I said in a previous post. Nothing stands to be accomplished by fantasizing of shootouts with the 'common enemy' you can't even firmly identify.

I do not see any real point in even continuing this thread as its been reduced to those who seem to want armed conflict and those who want to consider reasonable solutions to imposing governmental actions.
Enjoy waiting for the end of the world, I am sorry your limiting yourselves from enjoying life and everything it has to offer.

www.bentham-open.org.../2009/00000002/00000001/7TOCPJ.SGM

www.google.com...

www.earthfiles.com...

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

They wouldn't be stupid enough to bring in foreign armies. That would cause the conflict to be instantly lost for them, and guns will sprout from every tree, bush, and rock.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas

ad2004.com...

Thank you SgtChas for posting this. I have read several books about Washington, but never have I heard this story. I have had visions of my own about our countries future, and they are not pretty. I hope like hell the things I have seen, and the last vision Washington had seen, (the first two have already happened) do not come to pass. Sadly however I know from experience... History is coming... the only thing we can change is our own attitudes when we find ourselves in any situation, and the courage to always do what needs to be done.

Once again thanks for the link.

I do have a question for you SgtChas that just popped into my head. What do you think will be the "thing" that sets this country off? When will enough be enough?

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 6-5-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Exactly. By using foreign armies, they won't have to fight only SOME of the population and some of the army, but instead they will have to face the WHOLE population and the army. I say BRING IT ON B***ES!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Question]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by nenothtu

They wouldn't be stupid enough to bring in foreign armies. That would cause the conflict to be instantly lost for them, and guns will sprout from every tree, bush, and rock.

My apologies. I hadn't noticed them doing anything particularly intelligent the past few years.

Perhaps a couple of questions are in order here:

1) If something is stupid, does that guarantee that no one will do it?

2) If our domestic army largely defects, and our domestic civilian population largely already has, who WILL they get to take up their side?

nenothtu out

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
AA,

I have read, and re-read this particular post quite a few times now, and during it something didn't sit right with me, but I wasn't able to put my finger on it.

Until now, I think I know why.... where you stated:

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

That to me sounds quite effective. As anything else, networking is the key. As they say, it's all about who you know and who knows how high up their networking goes? Do you?

This alone to ME is reason for concern if anything discussed in this thread actually ever came to fruition.

My take is simply this, the higher up the ladder you ARE networked, the more likely you are to repeat all the mistakes (because it's what they know) of the very thing you're fighting against.

AB1

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join