It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Growing Discontent

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

For you to even ASS U ME that 54% of voting REGISTERED democrats (I'm sorry, not a big enough sample) somehow is an indication of the "majority" (lets not forget the illegal immigrants who voted) of Americans is laughable, there are many MANY more Americans that are a silent REAL majority, a majority that didn't vote because they can't trust either party and are upset at what is going on. But hey, you keep living in happy dream land where 54% of a small sample of Americans immediately equals "all of America"

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

My apologies. I hadn't noticed them doing anything particularly intelligent the past few years.

Perhaps a couple of questions are in order here:

1) If something is stupid, does that guarantee that no one will do it?

2) If our domestic army largely defects, and our domestic civilian population largely already has, who WILL they get to take up their side?

nenothtu out

That's the thing. Everything they have been doing has been very intelligent over the years. One step at a time, one unconstitutional law, one more tax, one more supreme court decision that sides against the constitution, etc... It's all been very, very, intelligent, and orchestrated.

If it does get to where they must bring in foreign armies, that will be the time to decimate those armies, and retaliate with full invasion. It's not just the 'illuminati', 'new world order', etc... in the United States that is the full threat. The power group is spread over numerous governments, and corporations all over the world.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

AB1 very thought provoking arguments. However, to some extent of course you have to play their game to move up. Does that mean everyone who plays the game agrees with it? I think not. While I will not even begin to pretend I know the politics that are played in the military I have several thoughts on this.

I would have to assume at some level a lot of high ranking officers do genuinely care for their men and care for their oath to protect the United States from both foreign and domestic enemies all the way to the top and might even abhor having to play the politics they are forced to play and abhor the fact they have to send their men into battle for nothing less than making some richs guys more rich.

This and the lower ranking the officer the more direct influence I would imagine he would have over his men.

So say for example a Colonel follows orders blindly from the politicians but all of his Majors, Captains, and Lieutenants all disobey who have more direct loyalty from the boots on the ground what power left does the Colonel have?

Again who knows how many officers at the top are playing it smart and waiting for the right moment and know what coming down the line and patiently preparing? Even if only mentally?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well, that's the thing, isn't it?

There's following orders, and then, there's following orders.

On our firebase, we had a mangy, scrawny dog we named Bitch that as we rotated in and out, we all took care of.

Plus, she was a help at night watching the perimeter. I think she once heard that one of the locals had her on his menu, because she didn't like the locals.

One day MP's came while we were on the firebase, they strutted around, told us that all animals had to be shot.

We kind of bowed up and a group got between the MP's and Bitch. And then, everyone's looking at me as I walked up.

I jacked a shell into my sawed off .12 guage, our eyes met, and I told them it wasn't going to happen.

They said, "hey. We don't like this any more than you. Orders."

I replied, "I understand. You have your orders, and it's nothing personal. But I'm telling you that whatever you do to that dog, I'm going to do to you."

Bitch stayed with us until I rotated out, six months or so later. And she stood guard with us the entire time.

There's orders in the military, and then - there's orders.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by dooper]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Littlebunny, thank you for asking that question, and for my other brother and sister Patriots I will attempt to clarify some issues. First, the ‘event’ everyone is looking for will happen very soon; between this summer and winter. It will be initiated by the collapse of the commercial real estate market, the beginning of stag inflation or one of several other initiators propelling our economy into the pit.

What you have to realize is that it will be because of the publics refusal to except fascist controls on our economy that the PTB will light the fuse of our final decent. The first ‘collapse’ was just to gain an emergency big enough to socialize our free market economy, shifting control to the government; now seeing the vast grass roots uprising stage two will be set in motion by which a national emergency will be declared allowing for martial law and the collection of personal weapons.

All news, including the net will be shut down, so if possible obtain a short wave radio and transmitter. Just consider yourself at war the minute communications go down and GET OUT OF THE CITIES.

SEE: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

I reckon we'll just have to agree to disagree. All the things you say are true, in that they HAVE done them. I'm only disputing the intelligence behind those moves. It doesn't strike me as all that bright to back a tiger into a corner, even if you only move one foot at a time to do it.

Eventually, if you keep moving in on him, that tiger is bound to become irritable.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Sarge, I agree that's a likely scenario, but we ought not to discount the possibility of something coming out of left field, precipitating or exacerbating the tension already present.

An example, though not limited to this, is the current situation brewing in several states, and beginning to boil over in Montana. It's my understanding that they've just passed a law, signed yesterday, that nullifies federal firearms laws within the borders of Montana, on arms entirely manufactured, sold, owned, and used entirely within that state's limits. Granted, it's more a symbolic gesture than anything else, but if the feds don't strongly challenge it now, it's likely to spread to other states. If they wait to challenge it, the matter only snowballs. That challenge COULD be the second 'shot heard 'round the world'.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I learned in my military experience to never underestimate the opposition. In the field, in civilian life, in personal and professional politics, etc... I always overestimate the opposition so that I am prepared for any eventuality. People tend to summarily dismiss my analysis, but those that have listened have never been caught off guard. Back in 1989 there was talk about terrorists attacking the United States. Most of my peers just laughed it off because to them it was unthinkable that anybody would get away with an attack in CONUS. I told them then that it would be no big feat for a small group to hijack aircraft, and fly them into buildings. Everybody just laughed it off, including my chain of command. Nobody ever listens.

So, we will disagree.

Mark this... there is something really, really, sneaky happening in the background. I watch what I can, gather available data, and can't get Sun Tzu out of my mind. The items in the forefront are of no importance, it's what's moving behind it all that makes me nervous.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

Mark this... there is something really, really, sneaky happening in the background. I watch what I can, gather available data, and can't get Sun Tzu out of my mind. The items in the forefront are of no importance, it's what's moving behind it all that makes me nervous.

No argument there, that puts us on the same page. We appear to differ only in what comes next, and how the governmental entity will act/react to various stimuli. I don't consider myself a prophet, and I presume you don't either. All we can do is project events, given our own particular experiences and observations, and of course our analyses of the opposition. I question the wisdom of their moves, but not the ferocity, and you appear to give them more credit for brains than brawn.

To be sure, I'd rather your analysis is the correct one, as that would mean they would most likely have the wisdom to back down when backing down is good for them, when calculating the odds shows the odds not to be in their favor. I'm just not betting on it.

In either event, the outcome would be the same. It's just a matter of how much bloodshed is between 'here' and 'there'. I would prefer less, but as I've said before, I probably won't live to see the end of it. I doubt if I even live long enough to see any conflict between patriot types and whoever the government decides to throw at them, nor, if it goes the other way, will I live long enough to see them back down. The rioters and looters will take care of my raggedy butt in the first 30 days of chaos.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

If you are following the timing of Legatus which I find to be beyond a HUGE coincidence, starting next week stock market will slide and inflation will begin after this week's Legatus meeting in D.C. and the Bilderberg's meeting next week in Greece until around Oct 20th when Legatus has their pilgrimage to the Vatican at which point the TSHTF officially.

I am curious why you are adamant against being in the big cities?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

I can't speak for SGTChas, but my own rationale is that cities are death traps.

It's too easy to cut off supply lines (food, water, electricity, etc).

Too many targets bunched together. A friend of mine used to say "spread out! one grenade get you all!".

Unless you're VERY well versed in urban combat (mouse holes, concealed firing ports, concealed retreat routes, etc), you would be at a severe disadvantage. Your strategy is to place yourself in an advantageous position.

All those OTHER folks in the cities, when they realize their supply lines are cut off, will be MOST unhappy, and not particularly choicy as to where or how that frustration is vented.

Vehicular escape routes are easier to monitor/ block/ cut off entirely.

In the event of mass casualties, cholera and the like will be a problem for the survivors. City dwelling tends to bunch people together in a way that is unhealthy for people, but very healthy for bacteria, and advantageous to it's spread.

The list goes on, but you get the idea.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well regardless of the bickering about what is going to happen, which outcome could be better or worse, or exactly what is going to set this thing off, what we can agree on is that it more than likely is going to happen - and soon at that.

So I'm not exactly sure about everyone here, but I feel that those who are dedicated to being a help and a backbone to such situations should definately, how to say, "organize".

While ATS is a great place and all, I feel that something like this isn't exactly something that should be openly discussed in public. While we all have our own plans and ideas, the slight paranoia is there for us all that... someone may be watching.

Two cents on the matter?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I thought now might be a good time to fill in some blanks and answer a few questions as to ‘how’ and ‘why’ we fill be soon swept up in a national Revolution. This as there have been numerous pieces of the puzzle discussed, but no one has strung them together.

First, what some of you do not realize is that the groundwork and planning for our soon coming ‘brave new world’ was first laid at Iron Mountain during the sixties. The plans were to assault the American culture, physic and industrial might from all angles as the PTB could never allow a REAL President like Kennedy to usurp or stall their plans again; his call to return the US to REAL currency and do away with the Federal Reserve was his death warrant.

From the education system to the industrial base of the United States all patriotism, loyalty to country, bonds to the past, belief in moral absolutes and the family unit were targeted for slow but steady assault; through the courts, the rewriting of history, demonizing of traditional values, the degrading of the family structure through activist social and education services, the entire fabric of America was degraded.

This incremental assault was conducted at the same time the wealth of the nation was transferred through the Federal Reserve Banks to the PTB by the continued funding of our military industrial complex at the same time we were funding and propping up our enemies. This served two additional purposes; one in the degrading of patriotism and two in the gradual movement from allegiance to America with the steady introduction of a globalist (or internationalist) view point among the general population. This facilitated the free trade movement, which allowed the continued fleecing of the American industrial base.

With social reengineering in full swing in our school system, politically correct attitudes were promoted, and any unacceptable ideals or beliefs were ridiculed and marginalized to enforce the ‘herd’ mentality. Shifting the emphasis from personal achievement and responsibility, to a more equitable equal outcome leaving no one behind, mediocrity was the new standard of achievement.

The point, or big picture, was that for world government to succeed there could be no superpowers; there could not even be a ‘first’ among equals. All nations had to be no better or greater then the other for all to except the total control and direction of the United Nations. The wealth and industrial capabilities of the United States had to be spread around the world through such mechanisms as the ‘cap and trade’ carbon tax, the North American Free Trade treaty and other international trade agreements. Thereby forcing a lower living standard on the American middle class and moving vast amounts of wealth off shores.

The target date for the competition of America’s surrender of sovereignty and the beginning of one world government has always been 2012; numerous Trilaterlist, CFR and United Nations documents and member quotes have made mention of this. Indeed, the Rangers and several other SF units have trained foreign soldiers for multinational police to be used IN THE UNITED STATES during the coming crisis. This has been already done in several areas AND REPORTED IN THE LOCAL PRESS. All of this taking place while we the sheeple have been chasing our tails playing brain dead left/right or Republican/Democrat political games as our Constitutional rights were being incrementally taken.

What is so sad about this is that with just a little research all of this can be verified; they have not even hid much of this while counting on the vast majority of Americans to remain asleep, or to be caught up playing continued stupid left/right games. NOW the final glove will fall: 1. Total economic collapse, 2. cities sealed off while gangs are allowed to terrorize until citizens surrender their arms to FEMA, 3. Armed gangs roaming the countryside while FEMA seemingly is unable to respond EXCEPT in safe areas where all will be disarmed, 4. With growing unrest and anarchy foreign/UN and US military will conduct house to house sweeps to bring order by disarming everyone.

[edit on 5/7/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Bone chilling in its calm reason. You have masterfully connected the dots. Heavy sigh. I know all of this but could not untie my tongue long enough to get out as clearly and accurately as you just did.

My deepest respect to you SGTChas.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Thanks Sarge, I have liked this thread from the beginning. I have friend from Panama. His grandfather and a group of well-armed friends were able to seal off their neighborhood and remain 'independent' during the invasion of Panama. The Panamanian troops, and U.S. troops approached them several times, and always found it easier to move on and leave them unbothered.

I am afraid I will be part of the roving gangs when this all happens. A rather large group of my friends share the same opinion as this thread and they have been mentally and physically preparing for years.

In your opinion, what is the difference between rightfully and effectively defending your community, and becoming a criminal gang?

It was a blurry line during Katrina, and I don't know which side I would have been on. "Looting" for food and supplies can certainly be justified. Defending against other looters can be justified. Keeping out authorities of questionable character and purpose will be necessary, but joining a national movement with the right groups will also be necessary.

This ethical dilemma is the only step unsolidified in my plan.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

I have to say everything I have ever read and researched and kept up with various angles (political / financial) follows the time lines you have laid down here.

However I simply try to read as much news and absorb as much information I can from the internet. Don't get me wrong I probably spend at least 5 - 6 hours a day trying to keep up with the info and sort it all out.

You knowledge seems a bit more intimate however and you seem to have a lot more of the details...

Can you please go into as much detail as you possibly can about what you see coming and how it will play out and what you would do to handle the given situation....

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
No moral or ethical dilemma.

If you find yourself helping and protecting you, yours, and those around you who are elderly, children, incapable, or unable to defend themselves, you're doing what you're supposed to be doing.

If you find yourself defending the above mentioned groups against predators, including gangs of roving men who would ruthlessly use any means to obtain what they want, then you're in the right and can probably in your later years sleep well at night.

If you find yourself a part of a roving gang who is preying on the above group, you're dead wrong, and if you wander into my carefully prepared destruction, then your blood be on your own head.

I never left a man behind, I always brought back my wounded, even under fire, and I would go to no great lengths to more ruthlessly protect those who can't fend for themselves.

And God have mercy on those who prefer ruthless violence.

Because I sure as hell won't.

Never have, never will.

I'm not going to be the great Judge. I'm just going to arrange the meeting.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This thread alone is worth the registration to ATS...

With that, I will continue.

This is the first thread that I (finally) met "like-minded individuals".

The kind of folks that you might meet on Chestnut street in Philly, circa 1775.

These are the internet voice of the people I am fortunate enough to meet EVERYDAY.

That's right. I meet people that think the same thing that We, The "Conspircy Theorists" think EVERYDAY.

Did I mention EVERYDAY???

So why is it that there are no changes enacted? No popular uprising against the status quo?

We're pretty much all chicken- $h1T... At least that's what I feel.

Where is the conviction of our grandfathers? What happened to the guys that won WWII?

The problem is, I admire the hell out of those guys, but the more I actually look into history for myself, I realize that history is written by the victors.

The point is, LEARN. READ... History provides us all the examples we need.

After all... Those that do not learn from History are doomed to repeat It...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513
So why is it that there are no changes enacted? No popular uprising against the status quo?

Where is the conviction of our grandfathers? What happened to the guys that won WWII?

They have been tempered with Flouride, anti-depressants, and shiny materialistic things they bought with their credit cards.

Oh ya, they also got obese from eating cheeseburgers and watching TV all day so they took some more anti-depressants to feel better about getting obese.

Our current societal trends are no accident.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513

Perhaps you are chicken$h1t, but speak for yourself. I'm not!
And nothing indicates "chicken$h!t" like so much bravado, macho, tough talking..... like so many adolescent boys of which I was one a few years back.

From my posts, I'm sure most here have ascertained that I believe "discretion is the better part of valor" on the other hand I have a list of a few indicators that will prompt me into a course of action. I have many choices and reactions to almost any situation I can conceive of.
And like a fool to grab a gun and go someplace to murder those that I feel are a threat to me is way down on the list. Actually not even a consideration. I'll leave that to the roving gangs and psychotic mobs of the sick and starving.

I confess, Y2K prompted me plan for what I pray never happens. I pray that next year at this time; this thread will be a source of amusement.

My plans are between me an my immediate family and those that expose theirs and wave the black flag are morons. I'm not waiting, this thread has prompted me to enact stage 3. And 2 more indicators of strife and you won't be seeing whaaa on the boards. I'll be long gone before the roads clog up, the fires start and blood starts to flow. If you wait till shtf senario is unmistakable; you have waited to long and are more than likely doomed. And may God have mercy on your soul! I'm so glad I don't have kids!!

[edit on 7-5-2009 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join