It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

synchronicity / coincidense - driving me to insanity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is kind of on same line, but has any of you had a synchronicity of instant Karma.
This has happen to me several times, and is kind of wake up call.
But like you do something does not have to be totally evil, but you do this thing and it kicks right back in your face from nowhere.
I nolonger laugh when something happens to someone else how ever trifle.l

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I am terribly sorry if you are developing schizophrenia. But, if you are not I think if you actually said these instances of synchronicity aloud, that is if you can remember them. It think you might find them a little trite and obvious.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Why not test this synchronicity out, see if it has a pattern, see if it's something more. You may be more lucky than you think really it may have a personality attached to it. Guardian Angels maybe the same thing, maybe someone is trying to wake you up or protect you from somthing, so it may seem confusing but maybe there is a meaning.

1 John 4
Test the Spirits
1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
4You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit[a] of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Text

[edit on 4-5-2009 by The time lord]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Time Lord is correct....test the spirits......

This is part of what I hinted at when reference to E.W. kenyons observation concerning two types of Knowledge,,,,,earthly sense (5 senses) and spiritual sense.......in my very limited perception any thing that one would consider to be true must be proved true both in the realm of the 5 senses as well as the "spiritual" sense.....so before one should take oneself to seriously ...relax and discover yourself in the expieriance....since at the very best the observation of yourself is really all you are doing.....do you see that?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It is you directing yourself. Chances are you are a Star Seed, lost in the world trying to live life as you were meant to until this time. Energies are such that although you are caught up in life processes, your higher self is forcing itself through. The coincidences might be of importance, or just the red flag to get you to post, so you can make better contact.

Send me your questions offline if you require direction and I will do a starter video from my perception for you. Your higher self is outside time. Time is fluid. Accept this. You might be in a time line rework as we speak from a future decision.

Originally posted by JustMy2Cents
I would just like to know if others have experienced SUCH A DEGREE of synchronicity that you SIMPLY CAN'T GET PASSED IT, you have found NO EXPLANATION FOR IT, and have almost been driven to the point of insanity?

[edit on 5-5-2009 by SoulOrb]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hexagramfifty
I am terribly sorry if you are developing schizophrenia. But, if you are not I think if you actually said these instances of synchronicity aloud, that is if you can remember them. It think you might find them a little trite and obvious.

I have compassion for you, join us.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am not suggesting people are stupid by putting this verse up but sometimes your spirit may know the truth and the mind does not connect or it seems irational and people look for endless answers which turn into self pain of unknowing.

Romans 1

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Text

[edit on 5-5-2009 by The time lord]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I wish to thank everyone that has TRIED to provide their "HOW/WHY" explanation regarding my synchronicity experiences. The ideas certainly gave me something to think about, though truth be told, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I simply wanted to learn about other's experiences, to compare, and judge for myself, whether or not the stuff I went through was or was not a "big" deal.

I'll comment a little about different things mentioned in the thread, I won't reference names.

At some one's suggestion, I rushed out to purchase a copy of "The Holographic Universe", mainly because I remember reading about the theory in the past and being curious about it. So far it's an interesting read. I'm not done reading it yet, but some thing about a universe, and a brain, being composed of just waveforms, doesn't sound completely right. I mean, if my stomach is only an illusion, then why do I die from starvation if I fail to feed it illusionary bananas (there is NO banana). Maybe the answer is in the book and I just haven't gotten far enough into it.

Some one asked if I lost my faith; I did not LOSE it, it was shattered by an 800 pound gorilla. Regarding faith, I will tell you this: My wife and I purchased our first home in late 2003. The thing took about 5 months to build; we would come by 2 or more times per week to watch the progress. When we finally moved in, around April of 2004, I did not feel as I should have. Throughout the entire process; the shopping, the purchase, the closing, the selecting of sinks, tiles, etc, the painting, the moving in; I was never phased by any of it. My first home meant nothing to me, WHY? Because I did not expect to live in it beyond a few months. Every ounce of blood, every cell in my body, was convinced beyond ANY doubt, that Christ would come in June of 2004. What led me to believe that? HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS of reading the bible; studying the prohecies, studying the symbology, studying history. I prayed LOTS! I fasted. I did ALL the "good" things, like helping my neighbor. I FELT the inner peace. I FELT the LOVE. I thought I had a FATHER / SON relationship with my MAKER. I thought MY MAKER was revealing things to me. Preparing me for something. It was all VERY SPIRITUAL !!! Even with DREAMS. Well June 8th, 2004 came and went, nothing happened. But I couldn't let go; ALL THAT STUDYING I DID, ALL THAT STUFF I LEARNED; ALL THOSE TIMES IT SEEMED MY MAKER WAS GUIDING ME. I reasoned that I was simply off by one year. So, then I studied MORE, and learned MORE, and it seemed as though the guidance CONTINUED, it felt like SPECIAL treatment. ESPECIALLY AFTER THE SYNCHONICITIES BEGAN IN JULY OF 2005. And EVERYTHING pointed to Tisri 22, the Day of Assembly on October 2005. My older brother, with whom I shared my studies with (but NOT the "coincidenses"), was in agreement with me. Well, October 23, 2005 came and went. NOTHING HAPPENED. AGAIN. I WAS DEVASTATED !!!! And yet, I STILL HELD ON TO MY FAITH !!! And then the synchronities just became RIDICULOUSLY LOUD AND OBVIOUS MESSAGES.

So you see, it does not matter WHAT your response is. Maybe "nobody is suppose to know the day", Maybe the "Devil" did mess with me. Maybe, Maybe, Maybe, Maybe. In the end, it STOPPED BEING ABOUT THE FAITH. IT BECAME ALL ABOUT THE IMPOSSIBLE COINCIDENSES. Till this very day, THOSE CONCIDENSE SPEAK WITH A MUCH GREATER INFLUENCE THEN ANY VOICE IN MY HEAD, OR IN MY HEART, OR IN MY SPIRIT if such a thing exists !!! To me, they are the equivalent of seing a man feed 5000 people having only 2 loaves of bread and some fish, the equivalent of seeing Lazarus come back from the dead, the equivalent of seeing Jesus walk on water. WHY do I say they are the equivalent, SIMPLE. CRAP LIKE WHAT I'VE GONE THRU DEFIES REALITY. THEY DON'T HAPPEN. THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSE TO EVER HAPPEN. I may as well win the lotto every day of my life and then just MAYBE I would have approached the degree of improbability of these damn coinsidenses.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb
It is you directing yourself. Chances are you are a Star Seed, lost in the world trying to live life as you were meant to until this time. Energies are such that although you are caught up in life processes, your higher self is forcing itself through.

I don't know if I'm "directing" these things to happen or not, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that I am any more (or any less) special then the next guy. If I'm star child, then EVERYONE is a star child. In any case, I feel more like a rat in a mouse trap, a guinea pig in a lab. In both cases, whoever is in control, is probably trying to make me snap. Maybe it's how they get their kicks. Maybe our psych wards are filled with peopl who were DRIVEN to insanity by these "gods" in lab coats. Or maybe none of this is even real, a sick nitemare, a really bad dream. DAMN! Are my children even real?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMy2Cents

Well then, what exactly are these instances pointing to. And if you mention jesus christ again, I'll just move on.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Well then, what exactly are these instances pointing to. And if you mention jesus christ again, I'll just move on.

Pointing to? So far, they've only been good for pointing me to the loony bin. Seriously though, they point to NOTHING AT ALL. The only meaning I have been able to get from this experience is that there IS something OUT THERE.

Anyway, I gotta go for an hour. When I get back, I'll say more about what THEORY I've come up with regarding all this.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
When you really try hard to get to the Good force, the Creator, when you fast and pray, that is when the evil one tries to sabotage you the most. The closer you are to the divine, the bigger the challenges are. Obviously, the challenge was too much for you, the temptation was too high - you like your numbers too much, you enjoy your brain ability too much.
No, you should not "give up" your brain, just don't be so impressed with it.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

If you care to know what I think, Jesus is trying to come back, that's your problem. I think you're beginning to realize what an Earth-shattering event Jesus' resurrection is, but you are still caught in the old, literal ways of interpreting the Bible. You need to change out your shackles, so to speak, trade the mental obstacles you have created for yourself now with a new, more subtle yet obvious set of mental obstacles, then you'll have a new sense of purpose and direction and will be able to actively progress towards your union with the divine.

Synchronicities show that the external world is just as alive in all its components as our bodies themselves, and can interact with us in an intelligent way that can leave us completely baffled. It responds intelligently to us. But it's waiting on YOU! Without your work, effort, understanding, etc., what you see in the universe is going to be limited.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

these "gods" in lab coats. Or maybe none of this is even real, a sick nitemare, a really bad dream. DAMN! Are my children even real?

Some people the concept of God and the bible is just what they need. For some people it is not what they need. When I was 14 my friend jumped off a bridge onto a road so he could meet God. I am so tired of this debate over God in people lives, and what it means. You cannot add the letter A to the number 10. They are not compatible, and are different systems.

Look, try this. You are not allowed to discuss anything unless you experience it. And you are not allowed to relate that to something unless you experience it. You are driving yourself into a state of confusion because you are trying to rationalize and relate to a book written in another time.

Most of the things you discuss are fear. It is time to tell the mind to shut up, and focus on the things that matter to the spirit. The love for your kids, and there love for you. The love for your wife. Go for a walk and connect with a flower.

You are having the experiences. You are trying to fit them into a framework. Your framework is incomplete. Start over, make a new framework.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by greshnik
Obviously, the challenge was too much for you, the temptation was too high - you like your numbers too much, you enjoy your brain ability too much.

For the record, I am not one that believes that numbers have special meaning. I am a math buff, and I recognize that a number serves only to quantify something. However, my thing is not so much numbers, but formulas.

Without math, there's no computer, no TV, no cell phone, no microwave, no car, no buildings, etc. We would be living in caves, our bodies covered by the furs from the animals we killed for food. And when one of us gets sick, we better hope the witch doctor's juju beans can cast away the "evil spell" put on us by the other clans witch doctor.

Math is EVERYTHING. It is simply impossible to like MATH too much !

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

i KNOW this, call me crazy but its our brain that is intune with the 4th dimension, the 4th dimension being, the movement in time. your brains ability to "play back" previous and future information.. but its not actually playing back information because it would be the same everytime you thought about it, but with our minds we are able to make ourslefs a fly on the wall over looking our memory, or another persons perspective on a memory, so its not so much as thinking back to it, but actually going back to it. now that having to do with your, constantly puzzle piecing mind, or "synchronocity" is only as coincidental as you make it, how many events you put together.
my idea of real synchronicity, is like me, waking up with the fresh dream, of time travel and our dreams. to wake up and randomly surf through videos on youtube until i came to one describing my dream in the fashion i explained to you, continuing my day until i read an article about my superstion mountains, which i just HAD to reply to, so i made a login name TODAY! replyed and stumbled apon your post which seemed to be asking a question that i so happened to aquire an answer to in just 24 hours.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

AND

You are driving yourself into a state of confusion because you are trying to rationalize and relate to a book written in another time.

I guess it's me; I must not be doing a good job at conveying my story. So let me say this once and for all. I DO NOT BELIEVE THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD. AND, I DO NOT BELIEVE JESUS IS GOD.

hexagramfifty & SoulOrb, when I mention Jesus, the bible, the christian belief, it's only to supply the reader with the CONTEXT of the synchronicities I am trying to understand.

Most of the things you discuss are fear. It is time to tell the mind to shut up, and focus on the things that matter to the spirit. The love for your kids, and there love for you. The love for your wife. Go for a walk and connect with a flower.

You are having the experiences. You are trying to fit them into a framework. Your framework is incomplete. Start over, make a new framework.

That sounds excellent, all I have to do now is figure out how to start over

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

That sounds excellent, all I have to do now is figure out how to start over

I always try to remind myself to do the same, but usually I only remember when I have become confused and NEED to destroy and re-create certain ways of thinking.

There is a very simple way to do this: assume you know NOTHING. Because you really don't! It's not hard at all. You are faced with an impossible mystery every single second of your life, no joke, no exaggeration. Every time you think you understand something, you only understand it up unto a limited point, so really you don't understand it at all. This is a universal truth for every being except the highest forms of consciousness.

The Tao te Ching and Zen Buddhism are particularly good philosophies for un-learning things.

If you want to become whole,
let yourself be partial.
If you want to become straight,
let yourself be crooked.
If you want to become full,
let yourself be empty.
If you want to be reborn,
let yourself die.
If you want to be given everything,
give everything up.

The Master, by residing in the Tao,
sets an example for all beings.
Because he doesn't display himself,
people can see his light.
Because he has nothing to prove,
people can trust his words.
Because he doesn't know who he is,
people recognize themselves in him.
Because he has no goad in mind,
everything he does succeeds.

When the ancient Masters said,
"If you want to be given everything,
give everything up,"
they weren't using empty phrases.
Only in being lived by the Tao can you be truly yourself.

Stop thinking, and end your problems.
What difference between yes and no?
What difference between success and failure?
Must you value what others value,
avoid what others avoid?
How ridiculous!

Other people are excited,
as though they were at a parade.
I alone don't care,
I alone am expressionless,
like an infant before it can smile.

Other people have what they need;
I alone possess nothing.
I alone drift about,
like someone without a home.
I am like an idiot, my mind is so empty.

Other people are bright;
I alone am dark.
Other people are sharper;
I alone am dull.
Other people have a purpose;
I alone don't know.
I drift like a wave on the ocean,
I blow as aimless as the wind.

I am different from ordinary people.
I drink from the Great Mother's breasts.

academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu...

Ah.... I think it's about time I re-read this classic myself.

It's been translated into more languages than any other book but the Bible.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'd say keep your faith, but don't take it all literally. Personally I think that the second coming of Jesus is an emergent phenomenon involving the spiritual evolution of man unto Christ consciousness, something that may very well have begun when you pegged it. Things are changing, and something novel is emerging, slowing but surely, and some fine day, it will reach a critical mass, and become distinguishable relative to what went before, and we will come to understand and to know as we are known. The problem right now appears to be people clinging to their personal points of view, which will not make room for the truth and the reality when it comes.
I say that if you believed in Jesus before, there is no need to be denying him now. You can still start over again, and have the same faith, but in a whole new way. And in terms of Jesus I think it's less about Jesus himself, and more in terms of what Jesus was about, the spirit of the love of God, and the light of God-consciousness, and the idea I think was that in coming into an understanding of him and his teachings, we would share a type of sympathetic harmonious connection with his innermost being, and that it's there, in the core of the human being, where God lives, and that's how we were made, to contain the spirit of the living God. Jesus is to me, like an elder brother, and as he was sent by God with a God-sent calling, so to am I sent, and in the same way that he said he was in God with God the father in him, even so do we live in him with him in us.

It's not like the second coming is to be some GUY flying in and scaring the living # out of everyone. No one will be able to point and say look, there, there he is, or here, here he is, or point to themselves and say I am he. No, instead when the time is ripe, the spirit of God will come from all directions and all at once, and some people will even miss it altogether, because of their attachments, either to their lives, their material pursuits, their relationships, or their cherished opinions which they will NOT let go under any circumstances.

God is the truth and the reality, God is love, light and life itself, and within God we live, move and have our being - it's experiencial. No one can UNDERSTAND God, we can only live God and allow God to live in and through us. Your love for your children - that's God.

Blessings, and be well, and take it easy and be gentle with yourself.

Regarding looney bin insanity over synchronicities - been there done that got the t-shirt. And I am perfectly fine now, and can tell you, you don't need to go there.

Peace and Love.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

For the record, I am not one that believes that numbers have special meaning. I am a math buff, and I recognize that a number serves only to quantify something. However, my

You are of course to have that belief, however it does not mean it is correct or reality. The universe is actually geometric shapes intersection on each other, the perfect form of Numbers and Mathmatics.

If interested in stepping outside the box, watch drunvalo melchizedek videos on Google Video, there is a whole series there to show you why numerology works.

I my own life I just had an amazing nine's when my Grandson was born with complete nine's, or nine birthday, nine name, nice in vowels, and nine in Consanants. This was a very strange happening for those who follow numerology. There is a pattern, but most people miss them.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by SoulOrb]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join