It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

synchronicity / coincidense - driving me to insanity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I don't think so. Every time I THOUGHT I could interpret the message/warning (which I ALWAYS thought was prophetic in nature), I turned out to be wrong, and looked like a total idiot in the eyes of my wife.

The term "prophetic" brings with it comfort as well as to "exhort".

Your perception or world view may alter the meaning of what you "saw".

You truly may have seen something but you may not have the tools for the right interpretation.

Thier are two kinds of knowledge. Sense knowledge which is observation made in the sphere of sight, smell, sound,touch,taste and then Spiritual knowlege which is obtained in the form of revelation.....or the "aha"...sudden awareness .... spoken to by an angel/spirit archtype.

You may not have the tools to interpret what you have "seen" in your moments.

Paul said we see threw a glass darkly......and he was very well equiped as he was told of things to which thier are no human words for.......

It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.
And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities
2ndCorinthians 12

So be of great comfort for if Paul could only see through the glass darkly then we should all relax.

Also try not to focus too much on the events as this gives the event and your interpretation of the event more power over your life.

The event will need to be grafted into your life in much the same way the earth recieves its dead vegetation.....and this takes a couple of seasons.

So do not worry to much about the event......forgive yourself.....and relax...work with your hands....plant some veggies in the earth or some flowers.

Relax.

Breath in. Breath out. Nobody is perfect.

Breath in. Breath out. Begin to forgive.

Breath in. Breath out. This was the first act of life your mother/figure looked for....your breath...

Breath in. Breath out. This was probably one of the first things you looked for in your Childrens first moments.

Breath in. Breath out. Remember the joy you felt watching your childs breath as well as his/her crys after the initial breath.

Breath in. Breath out. Now learn to enjoy in your own breath in....breath out.

edit for the blinking icons that appeared after God Knoweth.....I did not mean to include those in the quote???How they got there I do not know

[edit on 3-5-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
A spreadsheet with exact dates sounds like you're trying too hard to connect stuff that's already connected. It's more like the message of synchronicity is to pay attention to the patterns of ebb and flow. The actual symbolic content of the events is irrelevant, and that's what will drive a person to madness, the feeling that your existence is a machine you can't control.

It's like the tide. The moon affects the tide, the moon is affected by earth,s gravity as well as the sun's gravity, and is also affected by it. The sun is affected by the galaxy's gravity, and out of all this we get tides. Ebb and flow. A complex web of causal interactions of celestial bodies and forces of the universe manifest itself in an ebb and flow, back and forth, ying and yang.

The events of synchronicity are more like marks on a stick that measures the tide. Ebb and flow. Just like the tide when the tide is ebbing or flowing, there's forces at work. Eddies, currents, ripples, and things happening. They happen in a complex interrelationship that a spreadsheet running on a planetful of supercomputers couldn't predict. Yet, the relationships are there. The feeling that you have no control comes from the misunderstanding of ebb and flow.

When synchronicity event clusters happen, be mindful. Pay attention. Dropping a thought into the ebb and flow is like dropping a pebble into water. It will change the course of the current slightly. Drop a larger thought, it makes a bigger splash. Try throwing handfuls if thought into the flow, and watch what becomes of what you cast when the ebb brings it back to you. How about throwing something as huge as a whole mindstate or your entirety of being. It makes a substantial impact, but you must be committed, and your timing must be right. When the ripples of synchronicity form harmonic patterns of resonance, your thoughts, conscious or otherwise, contain the power to alter the current.

During slack tide, the waters are still and quiet. Not much is happening, but it will soon. Potential energy will become kinetic again, and the cycle will repeat. The cycle will repeat. The cycle WILL repeat. Learn from this that as tempting as it may be, trying to read into the actual details of the events is like chasing shadows. You're only experiencing the results from the effects of what thoughts have been cast into the current, and reacting to them as if they are otherwise and casting your reactions into the current only cause your reactions to come back to you during another cycle.

The most important thing is to pay attention to everything, and be mindful of the thoughts you cast. Every breath is a prayer whether you know it or not.

You want synchronicity?

Yesterday, i thought of someone i worked with 10 years or more back, and wondered how and what he was doing. A short while later my boss yells over to me and tells me that he talked to him, and tells me he told him a joke on the phone. My boss told half the joke,and i finished it, then told him that i was the one who told our friend we haven't heard from in years that joke, in the same spot we were standing, 12 years ago. That's just an example of how what you cast will return someday.

You know what really was making me insane? For quite a while last year, i knew what time it was exactly, down to the minute, no matter what. It was threatening me with madness. I'd wake up out of a dead sleep and my first thought would not be "what time is it?" but it would be a number, the time, the exact time, all the time. I couldn't miss if i tried, and i did try lots, because i didn't want to know that it was exactly 2:31 or 12:34 or 7:00 or whatever, no matter what i did to try not to know, i knew what time it was. I even tried yelling at clocks but that just made me look batpoop crazy to outside observers, and it didn't work. I finally just denied the reality of the whole situation by letting the clocks tick without me to observe them unless i was looking at it. I'd just deny that the concept of time even existed, and the clock went from the impending doom indicator to a strange device with funny looking alien symbols. I denied the reality of the symbols on the clock being numbers with meaning, and since then i have little idea what time it is and that's just fine. It can make it's funny patterns at me and i'll only recognize 'em when I want to know. Of course it really didn't matter what time it was, i wasn't going to be late for anything, but knowing and not knowing why you know can mess with your head pretty good, and can leave you chasing shadows, distracted from paying attention and being mindful of the thoughts you're casting.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I woke this morning very late after a disturbed night. Switched my lappy on and Twitter brought me to this thread. Just realised my clock was at 11:11 when I woke up.... weird

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yes, my life is full of those. I have events, people and numbers in synchonicity. Too me, it is too obvious and unexplainable. I used to tell my wife, and she just gets scared...and I stopped. You cannot learn anything. Those leads are for another reality, not this one. If you start to follow them daily, you will drift out of this reality...and I am not sure where it all leads. You cannot be sure who or what is at the other end of this game. Is it Good or Bad?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Every turn there is some synchronicity these days for me, the only explantion is God is at work, he is trying to wake people up slowly without freaking them out. Through faith that I add to those experiences makes it so much more real but my mind is in complete denial if not scared or if not forgets out. Trust me it's all God's plan, so wake up to it, touch faith and you will see it's one of the same and the spirit of Christ is at work. We could be becoming one with the Christ as a people.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMy2Cents

Originally posted by foremanator
Are you seeing the 11:11 ?
I ask because a lot of people including myself have been blown away by it

I wish it were as simple as seeing 11:11 everywhere.
It's more like an 11.11 pound hammer falls on the television remote at precisely 11:11 am on a November 11, turning the television on, which is tuned to channel 11, and hearing the news broadcaster mention that "1111 persons were killed this morning when 2 aicrafts, flight 11 and flight 1111, collided in midair"

That would come CLOSE to the statistical coincidense that I have experienced. Now take that, and consider coincidenses of that magnitude happening to you, not once, not twice, but 5 times in the last 4 years. I mean, I'm pretty good at math, and mathematically speaking, I would expect to have a MUCH better chance of winning the lotto every weekend for the next 6 months, then the stuff that has happened.

JustMy2Cents
I know you don't want to talk about what happened. But honestly are you so scared about what people think that you are willing to lock yourself down?
I mean lets face it, no matter what weird experience you have there will always be some clown wanting to make fun. You have enough life experience to know this.
There are enough people in here with weird happenings they wont judge you. Be honest with yourself and others you learn a lot more that way.
Deny ignorance.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMy2Cents

There is a book by a founder of modern psychology, Carl Jung, called "Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle." It goes into detail about a theory explaining synchronicity.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yep, I have.
I work with vehicles and have to record the mileage of vehicles all day long. The amount of synchronicity that occurs just in those numbers is truely unbelievable. Let alone the synchronicity that is becoming more and more prevalent in every other aspect of my life too. And I'm a victim of this 11:11 phenom as well, EVERY time I see a clock it's something:11 or a sequence of numbers 12:34 or something like that.
It seems to me that something is happening.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Too right, but like my story i have written elsewhere, i am monitored with mind control 24/7, by loony uk government so my life is weird anyway.

Synchronicity, is a funny thing, but being paranoid is right is they are really out to get you.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The first 3 digits of my first love's phone number was 725. I can't tell you how many times that number has popped up in my life. That, however, begs the questions, "Is this randomly occurring or am i actively looking for this pattern."

It might be that when you look for the pattern it influences your perception of reality and you will work, subconsciously, to fulfilling that pattern. Synchronicity is an amazing thing, but I think too often it is self-fulfilling.

-Space_Fetus

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Making connections and deriving startling conclusions is not nearly as bad as trying to figure out what to do with it.

Most people are afraid of appearing crazy to others, so they remain in a self imposed trap, where they feel as if they are alone.

That is the dilemma, move beyond it and you will be fine.

It is not the things in life we cannot change that should be your ultimate point of concern, rather you should focus on those that you can.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I do not know what you have been experiencing, but if it is not negative why then worry. Why not accept it as a part of you and your life? There are many people who only know of the concept of synchronicity and would like to experience it and never do (or never recognize it).

I can't believe that there is not a certain theme to your experiences. I guess this theme is strongly connected to you.

I will have to check the total thread to see if you reveiled a few things that happened. I am very open and don't dismiss things fast. Why don't you write about your experiences? Who cares if some people are going to say: nonsense? If you can't discuss it here, where can you?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneinthesame
What is this 11:11 you speak of? I know of Veteran's Day... Just curious.

It's not my intention to be rude when I say the following:
I have no intention of sharing what has happened to me. I already feel confused, frustrated, and abused by what has happened, I am not about to also feel stupid because of opening up on a forum only to be ridiculed, because I KNOW full well that not even one of you will believe me. IF ANY OF YOU WERE TELLING IT TO ME, I WOULD NOT BELIEVE YOU, HOW ON EARTH CAN I EXPECT YOU TO BELIEVE ME !?!?

O please! Now STOP! Even if people will not believe you and just analyze your experiences for the sport of it, you might benefit from their insights.

If you are that feeble, you really need to get rest like 24/7 and stay away from stimuli like internet. Are you truly that agitated?

By the by, I saw this white winged horse (a painting) when writing this post. Does that mean anyhting to you?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

At times it did indeed feel as though I HAD TO BE LOSING MY MIND. Especially because there is no rhyme or reason to any of it. There's no grand message from the spooky beyond attached to this stuff. There's nothing, nada, zilch, to explain WHY.

I have had a lot of terrible things happen in my life, things that 98% of people would consider "life ruining" experiences. Though some of these events were tough to get through, I always did, and I am here today with a smile on my face.

But what is important, is that there really is a message every time, and if you feel there isn't then you just haven't looked at the situation in the right light yet. Not sure if it was you or someone else, but someone said that these statistical impossibilities seem to be by design some times, and that I can definitely agree on. I wish sometimes I could actually apply the odds to things cause several times in my life I have sat there going, no way, the odds are trillions to 1....

life is a mystery, but lessons are always there to be learned.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It's not THAT big of a deal, they just happen from time to time, and are happening more frequently as we approach the omega point of a global transformation in conscious awareness.

Do some research on quantum reality and read up on Jung's interpretations of what it is and what it's for.

For everything there's a slight crack I think, and sometimes, within the "matrix" or the universal wave of probability, a self referencial synchronistic occurance can manifest itself at any time, and even for no reason at all, though they often contain archetypes relating to some inner process, particularly when the psyche is undergoing alteration.

I take them in stride as good omens that I'm on the right path, since I was obviously at the right place at the right time when they happened. To me it's like God saying to me "hey bud I've got ya covered, no worries".

From what I can tell from the OP, these recurrent events seem to indicate that something or someone is seeking to get his attention, as if to say, you want PROOF, then here, here's proof there more going on than meets the eye and that there is a higher realm or domain of being and therefore a power greater than one's self.

Your inability to reconcile it with your perception and understanding of reality and the way you think the world is supposed to work, demonstrates how firmly entrenched you are in your materialist causal worldview, which needs to change.

There's no need to go insane over it, just stop resisting the idea that miraculous things can and DO happen, from time to time, and you are participating in them happening. For you I suspect that they don't have to have ANY archetypal meaning or significance imbedded within them - for you it appears that the events themselves ARE the meaning, the point being that you live in a reality within which anything is possible, and are a co-creator within it. That's awesome - just think how things would go for you in your life if you could get into a harmonic resonance type of FLOW with that kind of thing..!

I would also suggest that something deep in your psyche is unreconciled, or, is highly unified, such that these things are manifesting outwardly with no apparent meaning or signifance.

Whatever it is, it's a gift and no reason to go insane over it. Your so-called insanity is just resistence to the shift that would be required in your worldview, Go research Quantum Reality and Synchronicity, and you may discover that it's not so unusual after all.

Peace.

P.S. You may wish to share one of two of these experiences with us, and maybe recieve an interpretation in return.. I'm pretty good at reading, like a detective, these kinds of things and dream symbols.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tadarida
Listen... it's gotten absolutely crazy since late 2005. So much so that I have stopped enjoying it... I used to get a kick out it. Now I have just let go and am going with it. You are not losing your mind --- things feel like they are speeding up and coming together. But not always in ways that make sense!

My first HIGHLY INTENSE incident occurred on July 10, 2005.
Several more incidenses, of lesser intensity, occurred that year as well.
My second EXTREMELY INTENSE incident occurred during the month of October that same year. It was on and off 2006 & 2007, then August 24, 2008, what occurred can ONLY be described as either positively impossible, OR, manipulation (NOT BY ME) of Reality (Time and Space). And then it happened again January 20th of this year.

At times it did indeed feel as though I HAD TO BE LOSING MY MIND. Especially because there is no rhyme or reason to any of it. There's no grand message from the spooky beyond attached to this stuff. There's nothing, nada, zilch, to explain WHY.

Interesting... for me I started to notice it in October 2005... escalating into 2006 and 2007. And then really intense in January of this year. Sometimes I feel like I stepped into a parallel world. Sometimes I think I died and don't know it and am some kind of a dream. Sometimes I think I need more coffee. Or less coffee. I don't know. Like I said, I am just going with it.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
One more thing, based on my own past experiences. The only possible insanity which can arise, is not the synchronistic occurance itself, which happen from time to time, but the habit of mind or loop of thought born of paranoia which would seek them out everywhere and all the time for continuous affirmation of some ego driven need to think one's self "special" or especially chosen - or the unending search for an answer to the question of "why me?", in which case, they could manifest in a series, and begin to blend into a psychosis with the loss of ability to reasonably differentiate a legitamet synchronicity from a projected one (let's face it, you can find deep meaning in anything and EVERYTHING).

In other words, so long as every song on the radio, and every TV commenrcial, overheard conversation and newspaper headline, doesn't have something to do with you personally - then you're AOK!

Best to just let them happen and say to yourself that they don't neccessarily mean anything, unless you CHOOSE to haave them mean something for you.

The implications of them however, for psychology, and even spirituality or theology, are quite profound to say the least. They demonstrate that if a person was one with the all, and who's consciousness was like a sphere within the outer sphere, fully individuated with the unconscious having been made conscious, that performing a miracle would indeed enter into the realm of what's possible, however improbable. Fish and bread anyone..?

[edit on 3-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i reckon that when you are on the right path to something your coincidences and synchronicitys become more frequent, sometimes driving you to madness or if you relax about them they become stepping stones.
Maybe if you are feeling the madness then you just haven't worked out yet where you are being led to...

by the way
Queenofweird , talk about coincidence, its the white winged horse that i have been following for a project i am undertaking that keeps popping up for me,
it is my coincidence barometer, if you like, and it was what i was thinking about( again) whilst reading this thread!! i am so used to it now that i don't care to be mad.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator

JustMy2Cents
I know you don't want to talk about what happened. But honestly are you so scared about what people think that you are willing to lock yourself down?
I mean lets face it, no matter what weird experience you have there will always be some clown wanting to make fun. You have enough life experience to know this.
There are enough people in here with weird happenings they wont judge you. Be honest with yourself and others you learn a lot more that way.
Deny ignorance.

Ok, I'll talk, but I still do not expect anyone to believe me.

Originally posted by Space_Fetus
It might be that when you look for the pattern it influences your perception of reality and you will work, subconsciously, to fulfilling that pattern. Synchronicity is an amazing thing, but I think too often it is self-fulfilling.

-Space_Fetus

I've considered all soughts of explanations, including the possibility you mention above. I've also studied this entire topic quite a bit, looked into things like confirmation bias, but the stuff that's happened to me does NOT fit any explanation, other than, an OUTSIDE manipulator CAUSED the events.

Ok, so back to me talking about what happened; here goes nothing:

First, you should all know, I was raised Christian from the age of 5, so obviously that would have a great influence on how I interpret things.
Now when I turned 20, I "backslid" (turned away from "God"). In reality, I did more than just turn away, I was actually pissed off at "God". I remained in that state for several years, until there was no more anger left, and the only thing that remained was total DISBELIEF. Now PLEASE note: for all you religious folk who SWARE there's no such thing as a true atheist, I beg to differ with you: I was there, you were not. Every cell of my body was atheist, and I was PERFECTLY at peace with the idea of no life after death. UNTIL ...

August 1998, my first child was born. As an atheist, I believed that "love" was a chemical thing, a hormonal thing, something that happens over time. WRONG ! Any parent would tell you, from the VERY MOMENT a child comes into the world, they would, without ANY hesitation, sacrifice their very lives to protect that child. IT IS UNDESCRIBABLE. And bio-chemical/cellular programming, just does NOT explain it. Back to the point ...

When my daughter was born, no life after death became a huge problem for me to live with. Especially BECAUSE of HOW I lived my life; I was ENVIED for my worry-free lifestyle. My secret, I ALWAYS "lived" in the future tense. Meaning, it didn't matter one iota what state my life was in today, I knew with ABSOLUTE certainty that my life would NOT be in that same state sometime in the future, so I LIVED there, in that future moment. Financial problems, relationship problems, any and all problems, eventually become a thing of the past. BUT THIS WAY OF THINKING ALSO MEANT THAT MY PRECIOUS DAUGHTER WAS ALREADY BURIED UNDER 6 FEET OF DIRT, WITH WORMS EATING AWAY AT HER ROTTING CORPSE. I spent MANY showers crying uncontrollably at the vision of my daughter's unescapable end. I couldn't bare it ...

So I did what EVERYBODY does, I sought "GOD". (Though not at the very first; the first thing I considered was cryogenics. I've ALWAYS believed that man would one day figure out how to stop our bodies from dying, if he didn't blow him self up first in a nuclear dooms-day). Then it happened ...

June 2002, it seemed "God", and more specifically, the "christian God", responded to little-ol me. Now, whether or not there is a god, or which religion MIGHT be true, is NOT what this long winded post is about, so let's PLEASE not go there. In any case, God "Proved" himself to me from the christian bible, more specifically, the book of Revelation. Between 2002 and 2005, I EASILY spent over 8 hours per day studying prophecy and history.

continued in next post ...

[edit on 3-5-2009 by JustMy2Cents]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's as if "God" was opening up the ancient texts to me, little-ol "special" me (how special indeed I felt, of course, now I only feel specially stupid). The symbolic language became easier to interpret, and I could find historical fulfillment of about 95 percent of the book of Revelation. (Yes, I know many christians believe the book is about FUTURE predictions, but this isn't a debate about that !) As my studies progressed, I eventually "found" where our present time is in the book, and began to try and look BEYOND our present time. THAT'S WHEN THE SHTF ...

So now that you've been patient enough, I'll get to the meat and potatoes. WARNING, this could take me DAYS to complete, so I'll give you as much as I can each day. WHILE READING, THIS IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE: The degree of ridiculously absurd coincidense only INCREASES. So the first incident may NOT seem like much to you, that's ok, if you keep reading, you'll eventually get to the point where you'll say to yourself, "ok, enough is enough, this guy's gotta be lying, there's NO WAY IN HELL STUFF LIKE THIS HAPPENS !!!" Remember, it all originally stems from "SEEKING GOD".

First, because this is ALL ABOUT DATES, I must share with you the following PIVOTAL moment in my life. On November 12, 1997, I had an ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, COMPLETELY inexpressible emotion totally overwhelm me. Till this day I believe THAT was the day my daughter Jerilynn was CONCEIVED! I remember that on that day, while having intercourse with my wife, I could SEE flames in her eyes, and I could FEEL an overwhelming DESIRE to jump RIGHT INTO THE FLAMES, and I could remember one more thing, she said, "I want to SHOW YOU MY WORLD". Till this day, I know for a fact she DID NOT FEEL ABOUT THAT MOMENT as I did. I believe WHOLEHEARTEDLY that though it was her lips moving, it was Not HER Being that was expressing itself, but SOMETHING ELSE!!!

4/14/71 - I was born April 14, 1971
11/12/97 - The Moment described above
06/08/04 - The date of my first "prediction".
10/23/05 - The date of my second "prediction".

Ok, so before I explain what the big deal is about the dates above, and how they became the beginning of this freak show ride I've been on for 5 years, I want to stress that there were THINGS, EVENTS, other smaller, NUMEROUS, coincidenses which LED ME TO BELIEVE the things I came to believe, namely, the dates mentioned above. I could discuss with anyone in GREAT boring detail WHY I thought/targeted those specific dates, but that would be another discussion. Sufice it to say, when I realized the Venus Transit on June 8th 2004 was the WRONG "angel standing in the sun" (Revelation 19:17) I did feel stupid, but everything else I studied "couldn't" be wrong, so it must be I counted wrong (starting at zero, inclusive, or exclusive of a year, that sought of garbage). Hence, I could only be just ONE year off, so it had to be the Jupiter transit of 2005. I believed fervently, body, mind and soul, WITHOUT ANY DOUBT WHATSOEVER !!! that Christ would come back. After nothing happened, you have NO IDEA how this shattered my very core, I was NOT "ok with it".

Ok, a little math:
Between 11/12/97 and 06/08/04 is 2401 days, inclusive. This is exactly 343 weeks, or 7 * 7 * 7 * 7 days, or 7 cubed weeks.
Between 11/12/97 and 10/23/05 is 2903 days, inclusive. This is exactly 414.71 weeks (my birthday, 4/14/71)
414 - 343 is 71, my birth year.

Ok, like I said, seems like small potatoes now, but things GET STRANGER !!!
Maybe I'll come back later to discuss the progression, or maybe I'll come back tomorrow. Don't know yet.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by JustMy2Cents]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join