It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take My People to the Mountains [End-Times]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Since I have seen several questions as to where we should go to escape the coming collapse, I thought I might offer a Biblical perspective on survival during these end times; the operative term being: BIBLICAL, so as in no way to offend or start arguments as to the validity of the scriptures.

From the start of the Church, Christians have recognized that if the Word of God is taken literally and its warnings applied, that God’s provision and protection would be the result. Indeed, when the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed as prophesied in Mark 13:1, 2 in 70 A.D. by Roman General Titus, it is recorded by the Jewish Historian Josephus that almost no Christians died because they had evacuated to the mountain fortress of Petra. Then again, when the Muslims invaded and conquered Spain in 715 A.D., the Christians escaped to the Cantabrian Mountains in northern Spain; taking heed to the ‘surrounding armies’ and fleeing to the mountains rather than the geographical location of Jerusalem, or Judea, they escaped the horrors Spain’s Jewish population suffered at the hands of the Muslim conquerors. Then there were the Waldensians, who survived numerous attempts throughout the Dark Ages to wipe them out by Catholic Inquisitor armies with the supernatural intervention of God protecting their hiding places in the Alps.

Numerous Early Church Fathers had recognized hidden scriptural promises of protection and provision for Christians in the mountains once they saw the spirit and the armies of the Anti-Christ begin to attack the true Church and uncompromising Christians. However, these promises of protection and provision have been largely ignored by today’s Church due to the false sense of security and collective sleep that the ‘we’ll fly away before the tribulation of the Anti-Christ’ delusion of the pre-tribulational rapture teaching. This secret (Only Christians will see Jesus) part way return of Christ was so secret the Early Church Fathers never saw it in the scriptures; they warned that the Christians who are not under strong delusion to flee to the mountains:

Hippolytus (160-240): "...the one thousand two hundred and three score days (the half of the week) during which the tyrant is to reign and persecute the Church, which flees from city to city, and seeks concealment in the wilderness among the mountains" (Treatise on Christ and Antichrist, 61).

Lactantius (240-330): "And power will be given him [Antichrist] to desolate the whole earth for forty-two months....When these things shall so happen, then the righteous and the followers of truth shall separate themselves from the wicked, and flee into solitudes" – The Koine Greek used here literally translates ‘high remote wilderness’ - (Divine Institutes, VII, 17).

Isaiah 13:2 "Lift up a banner on a bare mountain; make the voice rise to them; wave the hand that they may enter the gates of nobles. 3. I have commanded My holy ones; I have also called My warriors for My anger, those exultant at My majesty. 4. The noise of a multitude in the mountains, as of a great people! A noise of tumult of the kingdoms of nations gathered together; Jehovah of Hosts is calling up an army for the battle."

Interestingly, the ‘enter’ or ‘go’ translated from the Hebrew bô' in Isaiah 13:2 and the grammar of the sentence carries the idea of being offered to obtain, or being granted, nobility to any Christian who joins God’s army in the mountains. Since the idea of the ‘go to the mountains’ verses in prophecy also carry the underlying promise of provision and protection, this then dovetails perfectly with Matthew 24: 45-47:

"Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his Lord has made ruler over His household, to give them food in due season? Blessed is that servant whom his Lord shall find him doing so when He comes. Truly I say to you that He shall make him ruler over all His goods."

This because the Koine Greek word trophē translated as ‘food’ in verse 45 is used in the aorist tense here, with a sentence structure that implies both the literal and figurative; i.e. nourishment or rations of both ‘food’ for the body and spirit. Thus, if we are in the mountains prepared to feed and spiritually prepare God’s army, we will be granted the nobility of rulers.

Be assured that this is an offer very few Christians will even recognize, let alone take, due to the prevalence of ‘itching ear’ teachings in the Church. Which means the vast majority of Christians who escape to the mountains when they finally recognize that they ARE “…passing through it, hard pressed and hungry…” will do so with only the clothes on their back (See Isaiah 8:20-22).

Now since we know that in Ecclesiastes 1:9 it says “That which has been is that which shall be; and that which has been done is that which shall be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.’ 10. “Is there a thing of which it may be said, See, this is new? It has already been in days of old, which were before us.” and again as a second witness in Ecclesiastes 3:15 “That which has been is now; and that which is to be has already been; and God requires that which is past.”, is there historical documented proof of a whole body of believers that God “keeps (tereo) them from (ek) the evil” while they are on earth? There are; I will present two times (2 Corinthians 13:1) in history God did exactly that:

[edit on 4/28/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
“Whereas a damnable heresy has for some time lifted its head in the parts about Toulouse, and already spread infection through Gascony and other provinces, concealing itself like a serpent in its folds; as soon as its followers shall have been discovered, as soon as its followers shall have been discovered, let no man afford them refuge on his estates; NEITHER LET THERE BE ANY COMMUNICATION WITH THEM IN BUYING AND SELLING; so that, being deprived of the solace of human conversation, they may be compelled to return from error to wisdom.”

Pope Alexander III Decree at the Council of Tours; AD
1163. Bull against Peter Waldo and the Waldensians for
passing out copies of scriptures with a call for the return
to the Christian life as commanded by Christ.

Called the ‘People of the Valleys’, the Waldensians throughout the Dark Ages maintained the truth of the Word of God from the on slot of the errors of the Roman Catholic Church and the Papacy. As one Waldensian historian wrote "Through the long night of the Dark Ages these people were a sanctuary for the Holy Scriptures. They were the ark in Europe which safely carried the Bible across the stormy waters of medieval persecution." Facing that persecution was a threat they lived with every minute of every day. The Popes Armies hunted them relentlessly for several hundred years; practicing Revelation 13:17 in their persecution of the Waldensians, just as the future Anti-Christ will. Truly, there is “nothing new under the sun”.

Though they had suffered numerous periods of persecutions, they were able to live with some normality hidden in their mountain valleys. With Pope Alexander’s Decree, Pope Innocent III began the hunt for them without mercy after 1200 A.D. However, the Waldensians had taken the Lord’s warning in Matthew 24 and Luke 21 literally, and every time they saw the Pope’s Armies attempting to encircle their valleys they fled into the mountains. As J.A. Wylie noted when writing about the Waldensians "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. (Psalm 121:1)

"Many times the mountains have provided refuge for God's people in times of danger. Lot and his daughters fled to the hills surrounding Sodom to escape the destruction of their doomed city. We know that David and his men often hid in caves to hide from the murderous plans of King Saul and his army. Jesus spent long nights in prayer in the mountains as He communed with God for victory over Satan's temptations. ‘The book of Revelation tell us that God's Church (the woman) would have to flee into the wilderness where God had prepared a place for her to be safe from the dragon (Satan): "And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days." (Revelation 12:6).

Repeatedly they would flee to their mountain refuges in the Alps, and God supernaturally would defend them. Once a child beating on his drum in the mountain mist sounded to the Pope’s army as if the Waldensians were mounting an organized attack against them from their mountain strong hold, which threw them into confusion and disorder allowing the Waldensians to defeat and chase them down the mountain. Another time an arrow flew down the mountain to strike Black Mondovi, the commander of the Pope’s army right in the eye, killing him just as he had lifted his armor’s visor to mock the Waldensians as they visibly knelt in prayer in the passes above him. The army he commanded lost heart and fled. Again, as the Popes attacking army climbed the mountain passes to attack them, a small cloud began to form as they prayed and grow as it descended down the mountain. Taking this as a sign from God, the Waldensians began to rain rocks down on the attacking army just as the cloud engulfed them. The Pope’s soldiers began knocking each other off the cliffs until most of the army lay broken in the valley below, while numerous of the rest had been crushed by the falling rocks. There were many more examples of God’s supernatural protection of the Waldensians because they literally applied His warnings to “… flee to the mountains”.

The first example of Christians taking the warnings of Matthew 24 and Luke 21 in a literal application for the Church is recorded by Jewish historian Flavius Josephus. He documents that the reason that very few Christians were massacred with the Jews by Roman General Titus when he sacked Jerusalem in 70 A.D., is that they fled to the mountain strong hold of Petra. They obviously had not been taught about, nor expected a ‘rapture’ when they saw Jerusalem being surrounded by Roman legions, or they would have been slaughtered with the Jews.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well done! Glad to see someone reading and understanding their scriptures. Also, sorry to say, I kind of wish you hadn't mentioned it. Christians are going to be hunted more fiercely and with a very unlevel playing field so the mountains might have been a nice little secret.

The Romans, Catholic church, etc. didn't have scud missiles or IR or thermal imaging or HAARP or any of the other things that could locate and blow to smitherbits the Christian community hiding in the hills.

That bit about not casting pearls before swine is for our protection. Now that the cat's out of the bag, though, star and flag for your post.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the nice reading but I do not understand your point.

It was a natural reaction to hide on the mountains when people were chased, even during the WWII the partisans in northern Italy were mainly hiding in the Alps, the terrain conditions give of course a superior defensive and strategic advantage.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Thank you Whitewave, but do not fear ousted ‘cats’. The growing Christian Sanctuary movement has already shown signs of supernatural protection and provision. It is this movement the grand conspirator has been copying for some time; ever notice how many cults have moved into the mountains. God has our ‘6’.

Indeed, for any interested just contact me and I will provide further details of the sanctuary movement. No one will enter in that God does not allow.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxit

The point is that in several places in the scriptures God promises supernatural provision and protection for those Christians who flee to the mountains in obedience to His Word.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Well done! Glad to see someone reading and understanding their scriptures. Also, sorry to say, I kind of wish you hadn't mentioned it. Christians are going to be hunted more fiercely and with a very unlevel playing field so the mountains might have been a nice little secret.

The Romans, Catholic church, etc. didn't have scud missiles or IR or thermal imaging or HAARP or any of the other things that could locate and blow to smitherbits the Christian community hiding in the hills.

That bit about not casting pearls before swine is for our protection. Now that the cat's out of the bag, though, star and flag for your post.

I very much doubt that the PTB would employ such measures.
Sweeping through the cities and towns will be difficult enough for them, without trawling the countryside chasing shadows,

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Star & Flag my friend.

Excellent reading.

I might add this; unfortunately too many Christians are deceived at many levels and many many more have nothing spiritually.

As spiritually bankrupt as our nation.

Satan works in mysterious ways too...

Remember that many aren't given "ears to hear and eyes to see" so they will never understand. Greene's Interlinear, Strong's Concordance and King James 1611 version. No worries.

Excellent post!

[edit on 4·29·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hey

guess then i am really safed here in the middle of the alps or?

nice tread btw

Nia

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have to say, even religion aside, the 'mountains' are my choice of hiding as well. If things don't work out well in Texas, I will make my way to a particular spot in the rockies. Conveniently there are many man-made shelters dotting the particular area I would go to where many people dug hundred if not thousands of small mine shafts all over the place in the 1800's in hopes of striking rich and finding gold.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

I have not heard of the Christian sanctuary movement before but a quick google search shows it to be an underground railroad of sorts for importing more illegal aliens. Is that the movement you're talking about?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Thats why you have to learn to adapt to your surroundings. The best way to defeat your enemy is from with-in. Walk in lock and step with your enemy even making your brother question your faith and when the right moment presents it's self strike your enemy with fury. Christians are not running for the hills we have no where to run now we join the masses of technology and death and doom and we wait. We sit in their circles and sing there songs and praises waiting for the right time to strike from within.
We are infultrating the enemy as one of them. We have changed our tactics we no long walk with a cross and crown of thorns. We par take the sins of our enemy to blend in society alike. The new christians might not make the old believers happy but our tactics position our soldiers in a much more leathal manner to strike when called upon.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ok so there are are just a few problems with this idea ..

One is NO ONE will escape the end of the world scenerio ...Scripture even says they will flee to the mountains and pray that the rocks fall on them so they can escape what is coming on the WHOLE WORLD.....which there is no escape except PRAYING for the Lords PROTECTION and the bible also says SEEK NOT what you will eat drink etc ...because as the Lord fed the Israelites in the desert he will also feed you ......and if it is NOT your time to die he will supernaturally protect you as you go about seeking the lost who are NOT in the mountains .........
Two is if all christians go and hold up somewhere no one will be out here telling nonbelievers they need to give their hearts to the Lord Jesus Christ before it is too late ..I believe that is our first and foremost MISSION way before trying to save our own lives ..(In fact scripture says he who seeks to save his own life will lose it ) ................

Thirdly ...I personally would rather die early before chit really hits the fan ...so dieing would more than likely be better than all the suffering that will go on the further in the trib we get ....(if you are indeed a true Christian dieing is not anything to worry about as we will then be with our Lord sooner than expected )

Just a couple of things for yall to think about ..

PS Just thought of another one ...If lots of people do end up in camps...and Christians have all hidden themselves in the mountains ..who will be in the camps to tell the lost what they need to do now ?
Also scripture says ..some of us will be called to go before Kings and Queens to TESTIFY ...how will you do that if you all holed up in the mountains ?

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone

Two is if all christians go and hold up somewhere no one will be out here telling nonbelievers they need to give their hearts to the Lord Jesus Christ before it is too late ..I believe that is our first and foremost MISSION way before trying to save our own lives ..(In fact scripture says he who seeks to save his own life will lose it ) ................

PS Just thought of another one ...If lots of people do end up in camps...and Christians have all hidden themselves in the mountains ..who will be in the camps to tell the lost what they need to do now ?
Also scripture says ..some of us will be called to go before Kings and Queens to TESTIFY ...how will you do that if you all holed up in the mountains ?

No offense to your beliefs, especially given that I have a lot of respect for the OP of this thread. However, I certainly wouldn't mind if all the christians didn't go running around trying to convert everyone else. You can keep your beliefs to yourself just as I do with mine. 'IF' I ever ended up in a camp the last thing I would want is someone preaching about the bible to me. You can wait for Jesus to save you and I will save myself and help anyone else I can along the way.

So again why don't you start taking this country back by living it's foundation that is a republic, where you live your life and I will live mine and we don't have to interfere with each other.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

First of all there will be MASSIVE deceptions going on ......and just because you may not want to hear anything biblical ..does not mean that no one else wouldnt want to ....IF this really is the END END ...I am pretty sure that many people who do NOT know scripture would like to know whats happening ...why its happening and what may be next ................

Scripture says there will not only be famines ..but a FAMINE for the WORD OF GOD ...and I am pretty sure that will be because there was so many who did not even care to ever read the word and with all the deceptions going on many will believe the lies if they dont at least hear THE OTHER SIDE OF THINGS (SCRIPTURE) ....and because the Christians who do know scripture may be hiding in the mountains or something (sarcasm) ..then who is gonna explain things to them If not US who know the word ?...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
what a wonderful thread!

So we have two very valid opinions here. Should we stay or should we go?

Here is how I see it:

Short of the Holy Spirit inspiring each of us where to go on an individual basis (possible if we are open to the direction of the Lord) we must have some sort of guidance, hence our Bible.

Could it be that the word of Lord in the Bible is serving the Lord by sending us in several distinct directions? Could both be valid opinions.

Christians will not be the only people in the mountains or in camps. We must be prepared to spread the good news wherever it is needed.

Don't worry! You cannot interfere with the plans of the Lord by making personal interpretations of the word of Lord. If we are open to his will we will be where he wants us, where others need us.

Soldiers of the Lord are and always will be everywhere we are needed. The important thing to engulf yourself in scripture so your sword is sharp when it exits your mouth to slay the enemy. Lies cannot withstand the sharp sword of truth. Keep your sword sharp and let the Lord worry about where you will be stationed.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It is my hope that you are drawn to participate in these threads because you are not yet a lost cause. Please continue to show your face wherever you see Christians speaking untill the day you accept the good news and the Holy Spirit fills your being.

I pray that you keep interjecting in our conversations should you find yourself incarcerated. Don't stop being interested in the things of the Lord! You allow the pearls and seed of greatness to land in your field by hearing the word of Lord, you just need a little fertalizer and you pray you find it in the camps or the mountains or the wilderness or wherever you end up.

It is not too late!

The father loves you still and so do I. May the Lord bless you and call to be his own!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

BTW thank you for saying you plan on going to the mountains so that it is clear for all to see that we will be needed there too.

The Lord has worked through you to help us this day! Your rebellion has indeed served the Lord as sad as that may be.

Peace be with you, may the Lord will it.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
what a wonderful thread!

So we have two very valid opinions here. Should we stay or should we go?

Here is how I see it:

Short of the Holy Spirit inspiring each of us where to go on an individual basis (possible if we are open to the direction of the Lord) we must have some sort of guidance, hence our Bible.

Could it be that the word of Lord in the Bible is serving the Lord by sending us in several distinct directions? Could both be valid opinions.

Christians will not be the only people in the mountains or in camps. We must be prepared to spread the good news wherever it is needed.

Don't worry! You cannot interfere with the plans of the Lord by making personal interpretations of the word of Lord. If we are open to his will we will be where he wants us, where others need us.

Soldiers of the Lord are and always will be everywhere we are needed. The important thing to engulf yourself in scripture so your sword is sharp when it exits your mouth to slay the enemy. Lies cannot withstand the sharp sword of truth. Keep your sword sharp and let the Lord worry about where you will be stationed.

AMEN ...I starrred this post and the next one you posted ..and I concede that yes some may be called to be in those mountains ..............
I also agree with what you said to Anonymous Avatar ...and I am in prayer with you in the name of JESUS CHRIST the Lord .......for him and everyone else who thinks they do not need to even consider the possibility of the Lord Jesus Christ and the word of God as TRUTH >

PS >..I dont agree with your guns though LOL >(Your Avatar)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

I was drawn to this thread because of a different perspective on survival.

Now I see it has gone off that path to a praise jesus thread.

While I respect your belief and your choices, I ask that you respect my choice to not see the bible the way you do nor do I want to this thread into a discussion as to why.

This thread is about survival in the mountains even if it is from the point of view of the bible, if this is going to turn into an argument about Jesus and the bible, I will bow out because I have no tolerance for people who are righteous outside their own life and their choices.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join