It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take My People to the Mountains [End-Times]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

If it was a topic about the bible ...what made you think that Jesus and salvation would not be mentioned at some point ? My post was looking at it from another perspective other than the one the OP posted ...I am sorry if my contribution offended you .....but I guess that was bound to happen in a thread that was about scripture .......................
I was mainly thinking of those who will be scared and do not know what to think ...and If for some reason we do end up in camps together ...you are free to walk away if you do happen to see me talking with others about it ....

I will bow out ...I gave my view ..thanks for listening ..

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Your post did not offend me what so ever. I was trying to have a discussion with you, all be it in the end a pointless one I am sure, since we have made up our minds on the necessity of the bible to survival.

To each their own I do not mean for anyone to not give their opinion no matter if offended someone or not. My last post was direct at cav in regards to me being saved by the Holly Spirit. I am fine thanks.

After all if somehow someones faith does allow them to survive and make the world a better place then more power to them.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

AV whats the difference if someone says may the Holy Spirit with be you (and prayer ) ..than someone saying peace be to you bro or may the force be with you ? It is really just a prayer and a blessing they are wanting to come your way ..What harm is there in that ?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I am not offended by that what so ever. I know emotional subtleties are often misinterpreted on the internet so please understand that I know you and cav mean the best...

What got me is this...

It is my hope that you are drawn to participate in these threads because you are not yet a lost cause. Please continue to show your face wherever you see Christians speaking untill the day you accept the good news and the Holy Spirit fills your being.
I pray that you keep interjecting in our conversations should you find yourself incarcerated.

I do not wish to be incarcerated no matter how well your intentions may be. As well I would appreciate for the both of you to to continue to share your perspective.

So you understand my position, I always enjoy alternate views other than my own and I put them in context with my life experiences until I acquire sufficient information from multiple points of view as to make a well rounded decision as possible.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My intent was not offend and it unfortunate that it must be that you were offended. I did not mean to argue with you, I am very thankful to you and the Lord for the insight that was delivered through you.

However much you are loved darkness and light cannot tollerate each other. It is natural for a person in a state of rebellion to be agitated or offended at hearing words of truth and love so I don't blame you if you don't want to continue in conversation that has been flooded with truth. It must hurt when light pushes against the darkness and the darkness tries to dig it's claws in deeper.

Like I or not I pray for you.

Like it or not, you are loved.

I wish peace as long as it is possible for you to have such.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I guess I need to clarify why I wrote what I did ...
For years I have sat and watched believers try to lock themselves in their homes,comfy churches (staying way far away from anyone who is not a believer and even looking down on them because they are not ) and they even keep their kids away from the evil devil out there etc ...and do not care what happens to anyone else as long as they are safe etc ........that is not what we are supposed to do ...Jesus sat with the lost and loved the lost and put them first above himself ..he did not run from satan . ..he faced him head on with authority and resisted him (which is what we are supposed to do ..not run and hide from evil ) ...and he loved not his own life unto death ..he was thinking of others (the world) and not just thinking of his own self ...

I am not saying that the OP is doing any of the above and I do appreciate his post ....it just made me want to post what I did in an effort to make sure that believers dont just run and hide when there is certainly alot that we could be doing right where we are ......................

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Again; I am not offended what so ever. You can pray for me all you want and I will appreciate your intention and anything positive that your prayer may bring about, but my view and what I have learned has led to me view the bible in a far different way which does not mean I do not believe in prayer.

I just wish not to be converted, that is all I ask, which should not deter you from giving your point of view I believe.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Now that I do find an interesting perspective, but to play devil's advocate (pardon the pun), do you not find it necessary for Christians or any other group for that matter to maintain their own survival so that they might help others?

Granted I truly think those who form communities that help each other will have a much better chance of survival.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
From my reading of scriptures it will be the religious ones that believers have to worry about.

"They will kill you thinking they do God service". I'm fairly sure the atheists aren't interested in doing any service for God, just the religious zealots.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

The Christian sanctuary movement is born out of the Malachi 4:5-6 spirit of Elijah (more on this if interested; in another Bible Study: vawatchman@hotmail.com) call of returning the hearts of the children to the Father – through a correct understanding of Prophecy and application of the Word of God. This by restoring an unpolluted (SEE Mark 7:13) understanding of the New Covenant blessings given to all Christians and building areas where Christians will be able to “give them food in due season? Blessed is that servant whom his Lord shall find him doing so when He comes.”

These Christian communities are all on the Acts 4:34-35 basis in that the land is free or at cost to those who wish to contribute to the community; no cult like leaders, no stockpiling of firearms (Psalms 34:7), just a gathering of resources to feed the sheep that will be unfed, clothed and scared witless. This is the last days ministry for those who are called. (SEE Isaiah 8:21-22)

This is not some kind of cult like hold up zone, but an area to minister to all whom God sends in need. Being an old soldier I have seen first hand that there will be no need for firearms as God Himself, through the power of His Word, will defend us.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Your problem is a Scofield pre-trib rapture view of prophecy. Indeed, there are numerous promises of provision for those who are in the mountains in the last days. If you study Isaiah 52:7 carefully you will notice it is prophetic and aimed at those survivors IN THE MOUNTAINS. Also pay attention to God’s ‘get out of the cities’ warning in Isaiah 5:8-10 while noticing its companion verse in Revelation’s 6:6.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I might try for the Sierra Nevada mountains as the Rocky Mountains will be overflowing; or you could head to the Dakota Bad Lands. But Texas will probably be a good place for you to make your stand…

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

Now that I do find an interesting perspective, but to play devil's advocate (pardon the pun), do you not find it necessary for Christians or any other group for that matter to maintain their own survival so that they might help others?

Granted I truly think those who form communities that help each other will have a much better chance of survival.

I wont be trying to save my own life ..no .....But if it be the Lords will for me to do that then I will (Not my will but his will be done) .The Apostles (who thought the end was upon them too ) just went about the Lords business (they did not store up food or gather people to the mountains etc) .......
When I dont know the direction I am supposed to go I usually have dreams that help me determine what to do ....and I do hear the Lord when he speaks so I am pretty sure he will lead me wherever I am supposed to be .
He has lead me around my whole life ...and yes sometimes I have to do things I dont want to do ...and it is possible I could end up in the mountains with ya (LOL ) even if that is not something I would choose to do on my own .....Like one poster brought up ...most Christians that I have known lately I personally would trust the men on the streets more than I would them ..dont be offended ..it is pretty obvious that alot of people who claim to be Christians are not and are wolves in sheeps clothing where there whole purpose is to lead the people astray which is what satan has worked very hard to do as he uses those who just claim to be Christians but never really were ......there is so much deception out there especially among the Christian Churchs and the believers who go to them ..that people really need to be aware more so now than ever that all is not as it seems to be .......(That great falling away is certainly here) ......
Which is the main reason why I have not attended Church in a long while ...
Just this week my best friend who is an avid church member was laughing and proud of her 30 year old son who just got out of Prison for being with a young girl when he was 18 and another girl who accused him of it the first time he got out of jail ................when he won a TIGHT JEAN contest AT CHURCH ....and won 500.00 for it ...I WAS APPALLED that this would be allowed at a church ..(of course it was a cowboy church ) ....but still ..
And I asked her ...why she thought that was cute when her son had a sexual addiction problem already (which he does) ...because she was laughing and said ..you should have seen all the cute young girls woohooing him ....I just could not believe it .........................
Not that I am against tight jeans ..or against sex or against youngins having fun .. ..(I am a somewhat liberal Christian..not alot but some ) ............but THEY PREACH AGAINST ALL OF THAT and CONDEMN THE WORLD FOR THE SAME things that they are doing IN the CHURCH ....I told her ..no wonder the world is so against Christians ...they think we are all hypocrites because the actions of the majority ............

In answer to the OP ..yes I am pretrib ..but certainly ready to go through the trib if that is how it goes down ..........I have already been in many many circumstances where my life was on the line and I survived them all so I am certain that whatever happens I will either survive again (by the grace of almighty God) or if it be my turn to die then I am ready for that too .....
Maybe some of you are supposed to just go to the mountains ...but I do not feel led to do that ....so if you dont mind I believe I will just stay here where I could be needed just as you will be needed up there ............

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Indeed I think Texas will be a good place to be as there are many well armed citizens here who do not like our current situation with the Federal Government. That being said, I chose the Rockies because my immediate family has some property out there.

Of course Chas, you know you are always welcome here in Texas as well. =)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Simply, I have taken a similar approach as you. I have found that if I let my guide or guardian angel, or whatever you want to call him do his thing and I listen, I always end up where I am supposed to be so I feel the same as you do in that regard. I am going to be playing it by ear so to speak and will be listening to my guide.

However I am still going to be well-armed and have some survival equipment. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

THIS IS NOT JUST DIRECTED AT YOU ....but others who have been posting for the last few days .....
I dont care if you are armed or not ....but why oh why does everyone have to brag on that fact on a message board where everyone reads and keeps an eye on (especially those in power who would love nothing more than all of you to start acting up and talking all nutty so they have good reason to come get you ) not to mention your ruining a place to talk for all of us ..because your bringing NEGATIVE attention to this board at this critical time where everyone is paranoid (especially tptb) and we are all just concerned with whats next ....shouldnt some of you be more concerned with your family and less concerned about weapons that you may or may not even have ? Where is your VALUE OF HUMAN LIFE and the LIFE OF OTHERS (especially those on the other end of your weapons?).....

I mean really ....cant we just keep the gun talking out of this place ?
THEY KNOW YOU HAVE THEM ....and if you choose to DIE because of a stupid weapon then you go right ahead .....or even worse if your prepared to KILL just to keep a stupid weapon (which can be replaced ) then I dont think that is very smart of you at all .................because it is just an OBJECT(WHICH IS NOTHING) ...WHY DONT YOU ALL DIE FOR SOMETHING REAL ??
Or better yet why dont you just do something HEROIC that is HONORABLE that will help someone not hurt someone ....instead of locking and loading and chit talking everyday ...

I am sorry but I get really upset with all the bragging on these boards about guns .....doesnt anyone have any kahonas anymore ? If your all so bad you would be able to take someone down with bare hands ...and would not need a weapon to make you feel all big ...
Or better yet ..WHY DONT YALL LEARN LOVE instead of HATE >...and LIFE instead of DEATH >....TOSS THE FREAKING SKULLS in the trash and GROW THE (fill in the cuss word here) UP (so sorry about my language ) but some of you need your butts whipped ..I am so ashamed of how some of this younger generation turned out that it isnt even funny ....

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Oh then I speak for most when I say it has nothing to do with the weapon itself. It has everything to do with my civil liberties and my rights as afforded to me by the constitution.

First and foremost I should be able to discuss my guns as much as I want with out any negative attention what so ever, that is my right to free speech. The fact that we would have to watch and be scared of what we say and simply accept that is a testament to how far down the hole we have fallen. Plain and simple.

Second, I will never ever die for an object, a gun or any other 'thing.' However I will not have my basic freedoms trampled on what so ever that includes having a gun. My gun is my and tens of millions of others means to ensure those freedoms do not get trampled on.

What is the point of surviving sitX only to end up in a life of slavery? I would rather die fighting than live a life of slavery.

That is only one side of this. If sitX does occur do you really think everyone is going to be simply happy to help you out? I do not believe anyone would be so naive as to not realize that the majority of the population will rather step on your face to enhance their own survival than help a fellow human being. How will you protect yourself?

I do not brag about guns. I wish I lived on a planet and in a world where guns were not necessary however that is far from the case on this planet, and I speak about guns because I believe every law abiding citizen who means well should be able to defend themselves that would do harm to them.

Plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Or better yet why dont you just do something HEROIC that is HONORABLE that will help someone not hurt someone ....instead of locking and loading and chit talking everyday ...

It could be mine or someone else gun that possibly saves your life...

I am sorry but I get really upset with all the bragging on these boards about guns .....doesnt anyone have any kahonas anymore ? If your all so bad you would be able to take someone down with bare hands ...and would not need a weapon to make you feel all big ...

I am not sure who you think is bragging. Why would you possibly thinking killing someone with your bare hands is in any way better than killing someone with a gun or what killing anyone has to do with being tough or having 'kahonas'. Quite a double standard don't you think? Killing is killing no matter how it is done and certainly no one who owns a gun is advocating killing anyone. EVERY single gun owner I know abhors the idea of having to pull the trigger to another human being, but will do so to avoid being the victim themselves.

Or better yet ..WHY DONT YALL LEARN LOVE instead of HATE >...and LIFE instead of DEATH >....TOSS THE FREAKING SKULLS in the trash and GROW THE (fill in the cuss word here) UP (so sorry about my language ) but some of you need your butts whipped ..I am so ashamed of how some of this younger generation turned out that it isnt even funny ....

Younger generation???? There is a reason the founding fathers wrote the Second Amendment.

I have a gun not because I intend to kill anyone or that I hate anyone... I have a gun because there are people I love and to protect the lives of my loved ones.

Simplynoone, your righteousness on this subject and judgment passing on a subject you obviously have very little understanding of deserves some self reflection upon your part.

Who are you to judge why I or anyone else has guns or speaks about guns?

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Look I just dont see where talking about it all the time on a board that gets too much negative attention anyway ......will do anything but harm your chances of survival ...because you will be the first one they come to get your guns from then (keep a low profile then you wont have that much to worry about unless the situation does unfold into a real serious situation) just the fact that so many are overly paranoid may give them reason to ask about your guns etc ...why even give them that opportunity ? ..

I dont understand why yall cant just sit with your guns and ammo keeping a low profile instead of always going on and on about it ...

If your not hollering that you have them and are ready to use them then they wont give you much attention which is what you say you dont really want anyway ..
Do you get my point ?

And I dont advocate any killings...I am just saying if your going to ....at least make it a fair fight ..if someone comes to steal your food and they are not even armed why not just bash em in the face instead of shooting them down ...or better yet ..offer them something to eat once you snatch em up by their collar .........
And the military men and women (which are our brothers and sisters,sons and daughters) maybe you can at least give them respect and calmly discuss with them what they need ..why they need it ...yadda yadda ..instead of waiting at the door for them all armed and ready to rumble ...
(yall are coming across that way on these boards and they are surely reading and they will come prepared for you to react just like that ..so dont give them the reason to do it this way ) just lay low .......

Your not the only one I have seen posting about your weapons in the last few days .......I dont understand why it is even being brought up so much when this latest event is about people getting sick and if it does get out of hand and they do come to your door ...dont just jump the gun and demand your rights and shoot first and ask questions later (because thats the way some of you are coming across as wanting to do ) ..................

I suggest staying calm ..not even mentioning your armed situation ..let them hand you your tamiflu and go on (or whatever) .....before you overeact about it ..............

PS >..I was raised on an Island in Alaska and we had more guns than even the law allows ....and we had no cops (it was an island) so dont think I am ANTIGUN ....we had to have one for survival .........
I also had to watch RESPONSIBLE gun owners (who have had guns in their hands since childhood) get all pissed off at eachother and the first thing they do is SHOOT eachother (just wounding of course) ...with no law things got OUT OF HAND QUICKLY on that Island .....
So dont think I do not know what I am talking about here ..because I DO ...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
reply to post by Maxit

The point is that in several places in the scriptures God promises supernatural provision and protection for those Christians who flee to the mountains in obedience to His Word.

It is odd, this has been my mantra for the last few years, always telling my kids we need to head into the mountains.
www.biblegateway.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join