It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take My People to the Mountains [End-Times]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If you live in Judea then yes more than likely you will have to flee to the mountains ....Because Israel is about to be dealt with ..(the worst times in history is about to start for the entire state of Israel and Palestine)
Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Judaea = "he shall be praised"
1) in a narrower sense, to the southern portion of Palestine lying on this side of the Jordan and the Dead Sea, to distinguish it from Samaria, Galilee, Peraea, and Idumaea
2) in a broader sense, referring to all Palestine

Context people ..context ...
This was a warning for the NATION Of ISRAEL and the surrounding areas ..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Now I have a question for you ...Even if this was for all believers to flee ..
Where in these verses does it say to stock up and take your ammo etc ?

Mar 13:15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter [therein], to take any thing out of his house:

Mar 13:16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.

I believe it actually says the opposite does it not ?

PS I do believe there are clues in here as to when this may happen ..
On The Feast of tabernacles (Or ingathering) Israelites built booths and stayed in them for a few days signifying watching and waiting ....which could be why it says they are on housetops ...
Also it says when they are in the fields (sounds like a harvest season when they are in the fields working) ..............

Ingathering is the last of the harvest seasons at the end of the year ...

Here is some info
jewishencyclopedia.com...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Context is correct, the question is as to which language to apply contextual scrutiny; the Koine Greek of the New Testament has 8 tense verbs and has interconnected sentence structures with prepositions that set the topical formation of the following paragraphs. This is not to suggest that the immediate context of a given English passage is not of import in its understanding, but rather that the harmonization of the topic of a passage with all scriptures in the Bible that speak on the same subject is a necessity for the passages correct understanding and application. If one scripture clearly contradicts what a passage of scripture is alleged to mean, then there is a problem with what one has understood the passage to mean.

Let me once again state, “…that we in the Body of Christ have lost sight of one of the main principles of Bible study and the Word’s correct application. It was the guiding principle of the Protestant Reformation, and we would do well to return to it. It is “sensus literalis”, or the principle of the literal interpretation of the scripture as first defined by Martin Luther…. ‘Therefore, any attempts at “harmonization” must be foremost in the resolution of any clear contradictions of a proposed supposition of a scriptures’ meaning by another scripture. Failing this, any understanding of the intent of scripture becomes one of a reliance on human supposition only.

Please consider that Psalm 72:3 has a JUST BEFORE the return of the Lord prepositional format in the LXX that modifies verse 4; this transitions into judgment of the nations AFTER His return. Also notice in Isaiah 13:4 & 5 the Lord GATHERS an Army in the mountains; these verses would make no sense if referring to the armies of the Anti-Christ as that would mean the Lord would be sending them right to the mountain hideouts of His people.

Further, the verses you reference of not returning to gather anything DO speak directly to those in Judea who see the Abomination of Desolation, but NOT to the Armies God has gathered in the mountains. Your problem is with the aorist tense translation into English; the same problem that allows many scriptural mistakes that lead to numerous false teachings, such as Satan having already been cast to earth at the fall. This contradicts numerous verses that pictures Satan in heaven as when he accused Job; Satan is NOT allowed back into heaven once he is cast out, which creates the contradiction.

How so? The aorist tense is timeless in place or time, thus when Jesus said “and I saw Satan cast down…” He was stating that as GOD IN THE FLESH who CREATED time, and is therefore not subject to it and outside of it. ALL of time is to Him like a fish in a fish bowl as He is in the past, present and future at the same instant.

[edit on 4/30/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Cavscout, the problem is that all of God's promises are directed to the Armies He gathers IN the mountains. He gathers HIS armies in the mountains in Isaiah 13:4 & 5; whose army do you want to be in? Of course many Christians will be in big trouble else where, but "... a wise man sees trouble and flees..."

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It would appear God is calling you to the mountains, it would be wise to listen soon. Let me be perhaps a bit more direct; RIGHT NOW.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What about all the verses about not fleeing to the mountains because they will all die of the sword and they will find you. Sounds a lot like FEMA. I personally want to be here to teach people, but if I have to hide out I will. I'd rather just pray with others through the times though(love does conquer all). Even if we must face persecution we must face it in the Lord.

EDIT

Though I must admit I find myself going to the mountains more and more now and its like a calling or something. My step mom had a dream about Moses handing out blankets after we made it to the mountains out of the city mall. Walking. This is the most vivid dream she's ever had. Oh and there's this too.

home.flash.net...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Again context; to whom are the verses directed by sentence format and chapter contextual clues; the verses you refer to are referring directly to the unsaved in Isaiah. You must harmonize by searching out all scriptures within the context implied.

It would seem God has been speaking to you and your family, perhaps you should ask Him for direction.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

I believe you are right. Martial Law could be days away and America is going to fall inside out just like Babylon did in the old days. Only this time her water is the economy.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Anytime God speaks to someone in that clear a vision, it is time to listen. My take on the vision is that God is providing for you at the END of American consumerism; time to beat feets, as it were.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
No matter what you say ..if the whole purpose of the trib is to purify by fire the hearts,souls and minds of all .........then being in the mountains will not get you out of it ..............
Testing and trials is what purifies ....whether your in the mountain or in valley you cant get away from that ......

Luk 23:28 But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children.
Luk 23:29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed [are] the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.
Luk 23:30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.

Now notice this is the WRATH OF GOD they are trying to hide from which the wrath of God is not until the very last end of the trib (I figure sometime right after midtrib) ............also notice it names everyone ..not just the elite (rich etc) ....
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Now scripture says we are NOT appointed to WRATH so I do not believe any Christian will be here during that time .....remember the wrath of GOD.......comes AFTER Christians are hunted down and beheaded for not taking the mark......

I do believe there will be tribulation saints that will be hunted and killed (and they will find you in the mountains too since they will know that is where you went anyway ) .........it is written and it will happen ..so you cant change it ....

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yeah but Paradise is worth more than just a few bullets or being beheaded by some crazed spiritual teacher. I trust in Yeshua more than I trust my family. Because of Him my family trusts each other and because of love. Love prevails over all things.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Again your application of the Word is tainted by the pre-trib rapture error. The first six seals are not God’s wrath, they are controls on the wrath of the Anti-Christ.

This is the primary argument of the Pre-Tribulation Rapture theory in that the seven-year tribulation period starts with the opening of the first Seal of Revelation 6:1; this also is the point at which the Anti- Christ (beast) rides out “conquering and to conquer. However, this teaching is a clear contradiction of the numerous scriptures that plainly state that GOD ALONE will be exalted on the day of God’s wrath, and that ALL men will be humbled: Isaiah 2:11, 17; 5:15, 16; 23:9; 24:21; et, et, el. This contradiction can only be resolved by the Beast “who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he SITS AS GOD IN THE TEMPLE OF GOD, SHOWING HIMSELF THAT HE IS GOD.” (2 Thessalonians 2:4) being loosed on the earth BEFORE the wrath of God starts. Which also means that since the point at which the Beast sits in the “temple of God as God” (also known as the “abomination of desolation”) occurs at the mid-point of the tribulation’s seven years (according to Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:3), God’s wrath can only start AFTER the mid-point of the tribulation. This is especially true as Paul makes this statement to a Gentile Church.

As it clearly states in I Corinthians 14:32, “For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints,” AND the Greek word that is translated as ‘confusion’ MEANS: “instability or disorder; commotion, confusion, tumult”, God could not be the author of the disorder, commotion, confusion, and tumult brought on the saints and soon to be redeemed Jews, BY the Anti-Christ. Which means that the Day of the Lord cannot begin with the Anti-Christ being unleashed.

One of the strongest arguments against “The Day of the Lord”, “Day of Christ”, or the “day of wrath (God’s) starting at the beginning of the tribulation with the opening of the first seal (along with the rapture of the Church), is that everything that followed that point would have been initiated by the Lord; caused by Him and therefore His responsibility. This then means that God would be directly responsible for martyrdom (Revelation 6:9) of His children for remaining faithful to Him. Remember that the if the beginning of the Lord’s wrath initiates the ride and rule of the Anti-Christ (Revelation 6:2), that would make him an authority ordained by God as HIS servant! (SEE Romans 13:1-4)

This is unmistakably such a clear contradiction of the whole of the Word, as well as the nature and character of God it reveals, as to approach blasphemy (Proverbs 13:21; 1 John 4:8); for certain God uses the persecution that Satan INCITES to refine His people and children, (1 Peter 1:6-7) or allows the accuser to sift them because they have stepped out of His hedge of protection for some reason, but He NEVER SENDS the satanically empowered to persecute and torture to death His obedient and faithful children. (Lamentations 3:22)

The Greek word ‘sphragis’ translated as ‘seal’ in Revelation 6 means a signet; as fenced in or protected from alteration; an implied stamp of authority or impressed mark of privacy. Further, the Greek word that reinforces it (phrasso) literally means to enclose, or specifically to surround with blocks. Indeed, the figurative use of the Greek word anoigo (opened) in verse 1 implies a ’letting go’ or ‘release’. The Greek wording of Revelation 6:1 therefore does not allow the implication of ‘authorship’, as it would have to if this ‘seals’ opening initiates the day of the Lord, but rather that the Lord ALLOWS the RELEASE of the Anti-Christ within set boundaries; with measured limits to the damage and destruction that can result from HIS actions. An example of this is the Roman ‘seal’ on the tomb of Christ; while Pilate had allowed the Lord to be buried there, he obviously had had nothing to do with the Jewish rituals involved with the burial, or with the Lord’s actual placement in the tomb, his seal merely limited and controlled what happened with the tomb.

The verse that is the primary alleged proof of a pre-tribulation rapture is Revelation 3:10. While in a vague way the English rendering of “… I also will keep you from (tereo ek) the hour of trial …” could be argued hints at a pre-tribulation rapture, there is no clear statement of this theory found
here or anywhere else in the Bible. Even Dr. John Walvoord (former president of Dallas Theological Seminary and a leading scholar of the pre-trib. rapture theory) admitted, "it may be debatable to what extent this (verse, Rev. 3:10) constitutes absolute proof for pretribulationism." (The Rapture Question, on pages 70-71). Indeed, numerous great Greek scholars of the last several hundred years; including Zahn, Alford, Moffatt, Swete, Fausset, Beckwith, Tregelles and Trench, have argued that the Greek grammar of this verse denotes protection from danger with an “out from within” or “out of” eventual removal. These and other renown Greek scholars point out that HAD the idea been “keep completely from” danger, the Greek preposition used in this phrase would be 'apo' and not 'ek'. ' Amazingly, the Word of God itself proves the correct application and understanding of the Greek phrase ‘tereo ek’ as it is used only one other time in the Bible (John 17:15); “I do not pray that You take them out of the world, but that You keep (tereo) them from (ek) the evil.

Therefore, God is calling His children to areas where they can be protected; some however will be "...destroyed for a lack of knowledge".

[edit on 5/1/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You are right that nothing is worth our salvation, we gain everything by loosing what we cannot keep anyway.

Trust in Jesus is the way to hold on to your family, HE is life to those who except His gift.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Daniel chapter 11 list five types of Christians: 1. Sheep, 2. Sheep that get sheared, 3. Sheep that get sheared and cooked, 4. Wolves in sheep’s clothing, and 5. The sheep dogs who protect the sheep from the wolves. It also points out that the Anti-Christ does not go around doing in Christians at first as Satan is incredibly more intelligent then that; HE “will defile by flatteries those who do evil against the covenant”; meaning New Covenant Christians. THESE defiled wolves in sheep's clothing 'Christians' are the ones who will persecute (“do evil against”) REAL Christians.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Why Sierra Nevada Chas?

Seems to me Rockies would have much more water and food available.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I am pretrib yes ..but I agree that the first part of the trib (the seven year period) chaos happens and yes many plaques famines etc ....
Even if there is no pretrib rapture ..scripture is clear that the wrath of God does not come till AFTER the beheading of believers and AFTER the Mark of the beast ....(Which not all will be called to be beheaded some will die of the other stuff in the first part of the trib) ....and some will be hidden from his wrath (THE WHEAT go to the barn ) There are THREE HARVESTS (Barley wheat and fruit of the vine (Grapes etc) .......I believe these represent different classes of people ..BARLEY will be taken at pretrib rapture ..Wheat will be seperated from the chaff and HIDDEN in the barn shortly after (Midtrib) ..the FRUIT (Grapes ) will endure the WINE PRESS >....(at the end end) .......
When the AC is demanding the mark that is when everyone will know then that they are indeed in the end times and MANY will flee the AC and the mark .And some will turn to the Lord Jesus Christ .......

The WRATH OF GOD is the very last plaques on those WHO HAVE THE MARK only .....................

There will be Jews who will not take that mark ...and I believe those Jews (and those who do not get killed and believe after they see the AC in power for sure) will be the ones who are hidden during that time .................
I believe these are the WHEAT ....they are winnowed and fanned (endure terrible hardship during trib ...
The Barley are the FAITHFUL ONES NOW and the BRIDE (they have been and are already being tried and purified right now before trib) ......
The Fruit will go through the winepress (be killed etc ) .........

Agree disagree ....no biggie to me ..I believe what I believe after studying for years and years ..there are THREE HARVESTS .....Jesus was the FIRST of the firstfruits (there are TWO Barley harvests ..Jesus was the first the second will be before trib or right as it starts)

Do some studying on the Harvests of Israel ...the Lord uses them for his example .....it is not that difficult to see it all after studying it ..

Here is a link about the HARVESTS >......This is only a snip ..take a look at the link to see the rest ...

"Harvest" is always the bringing in of those crops that have been planted, have grown, and have matured during that year’s harvest season. Ancient Israel had a harvest season that ran roughly from April through October. Most countries today in the northern hemisphere have a harvest season which runs through those same months.

Not all crops are harvested at the same time during the harvest year. Some crops are such that they can be harvested early, because they come to maturity early. Others are harvested late, because they mature late. Sometimes the time of the actual planting varies as well, and affects the harvest time. But regardless, the time at which each type of crop comes to maturity directly determines the time of harvest for each. You don’t harvest crops when they are half grown. You wait until THEIR time.

Israel had THREE phases to their annual harvest cycle. These three phases were directly related to the annual feasts which God commanded Israel to keep. God gave Israel SEVEN annual feasts, or holy days. These SEVEN feasts were divided into THREE groups, each of which corresponded to one of the THREE harvests of Israel’s annual season.

www.goodnewsarticles.com...

I am convinced that PRETRIBBERS are taken before anything happens .(They are taken ALIVE) ..........
and then the WHEAT and the Grapes go together prior to the Lords Return (Possibly even when the two witnesses go even though it says nothing of anyone else but them going ...I still think it is possible that others are harvested with them at that time ) .
This explains why no one GETS IT from scriptures and there is so much confusion about who why and when the rapture occurs .............

The very last HARVEST is the BIG ONE >>after the thousand year reign of Christ ...where ALL THE DEAD ARE RAISED >.................

That makes THREE HARVESTS >.........................

This is of course in my humble opinion just my personal view on it...it may no be exactly as I posted but I believe I am close to understanding it ...it is very time consuming digging into those feasts and harvests etc ..and how it relates to Jesus and the End Times etc ...so I am still working on it ......lol
I found it very interesting though that Jesus said he was the FIRST of the firstfruits and that means MORE THAN ONE .....and then to find out that Barley can have two phases to the harvest is even more interesting

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Sierra Nevada mountains my friend because the Rocky Mountains will have many hungry people roaming them, plus California is going to have a GREAT earthquake soon. Things will not be good in that area – remember Yellowstone too.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Isa 8:20 To the Law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because no light is in them. 21 And they shall pass through it (AS IN THE TRIBULATION), hard-pressed and hungry; and it shall be, they shall be hungry; They shall rave and curse their king and their God, and look upward (AS IN LOOKING FOR THE PROMISED PRE-TRIB RAPTURE). 22 And they shall look to the land; and behold, trouble and darkness and gloom of anguish! And they are driven away into darkness.

The saddest verses in the Bible detailing what causes many Christians to be driven from the Lord – the false pre-trib teaching.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Shame shame ..context again ..

Isa 8:17 And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.

Isa 8:18 Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me [are] for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

[[[[[[[[[[[Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.

Isa 8:21 And they shall pass through it, hardly bestead and hungry: and it shall come to pass, that when they shall be hungry, they shall fret themselves, and curse their king and their God, and look upward.

Isa 8:22 And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and [they shall be] driven to darkness.

Verse 8:19 explains the verses you quoted and has nothing to do with any beliefs in rapture timing or any such thing ...................Verses 21 and 22 are talking about the people who were SAYING the things that VERSES 19 says to the people ..(They were teaching them to seek familar spirits (spirit guides etc ) ......................Which looks to me like the tribe of Jacob (as it says in verse 17 ...he hides his face from them ..THE TRIB IS THE TIME OF JACOBS troubles ....
Isa 43:28 Therefore I have profaned the princes of the sanctuary, and have given Jacob to the curse, and Israel to reproaches.
Jer 30:7 Alas! for that day [is] great, so that none [is] like it: it [is] even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.

I dont believe we are of the tribe of Jacob ..do you ? ..........
And them looking upward does not mean they were looking for the rapture .
I never look upward ..I keep my head downward in obedience to the Lord ..
Besides what it is saying is they were looking upward CURSING THEIR GOD .
Do you really believe pretribbers will be cursing their God ? ...the same faith that you think you have to get you thruogh the trib ..>WE PRETRIBBERS will have that same FAITH .our LORD will make sure we have the strength to endure whatever ......we are all aware that we may be wrong and may be called to die for him ....so dont even go there ...........

you took it completely out of context and even added unto it .....you know what the book of Revelation says about taking away or adding unto the word of God dont you ?

We are getting off topic anyway ..so enough ..
I am set in what I believe and so are you ...so lets leave it at that ..

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
You know I could say the same thing about postribbers and prewrathers or non rapture believers .......You could all get so upset if we all do get raptured pretrib and you do not that even yall could end up cursing God for it too you know ....
And possibly even lose your faith ....so why dont we just agree to disagree here and stop this right here before it gets ugly ..

If you are darn sure you wont be raptured ..then you may be one who is a blessed one who will be beheaded for him ....and that is great ...
So we could both be correct .......
Not everyone is called to die for him ..
Remember John was not killed for the Lord he died in prison ........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join