It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to those who believe in the ark and flood story

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by UrsusMajor

The water would come onto the surface and work it's way down through the cracks, spreading the plates apart.

So the pressure of the water is greater than the pressure of the molten core below? Is that why volcanoes work "backwards" when they're underwater?

I assume that any superheated gas pressure from the water contacting the lava would be nullified by . . . (something Hovindized here, please) . . . and thus the water would continue to pour down the cracks into the . . . voids? . . . left by the liquid lava.

Does ANYBODY believe this stuff?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Christians do have a problem with killing babies. That's why we're anti-abortion.

The lesson from the story is that sin can affect others, and that is something that you're not bringing into this arguement. God gave the people on Earth to go into the Ark and receive salvation from the flood, but they didn't, and wouldn't let their kids either. [Much like is going on in the world today.] The affect of the parents sin transferred onto the children because they didn't go into the Ark to be saved.

God isn't the one to blame. The parents are.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The water would come onto the surface and work it's way down through the cracks, spreading the plates apart.

OK, I'll bite, where is this volume of water coming from. Think before you answer. You realize what kind of displacement you are discussing? Unless you can prove a planet sized volume of water suddenly appeared on this sphere,..which introduces another host of problems, but hey, I've got time.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

So the pressure of the water is greater than the pressure of the molten core below? Is that why volcanoes work "backwards" when they're underwater?

No one mentioned volcanoes. The force of the molten lava under the crust isn't what drives the tectonic plates to move, it's the fact that they sit on the moving lava. Just try to sit back and think about what a ton of water moving into the faults would do--the plates certainly aren't going to just sit there like it's no big deal.

Does ANYBODY believe this stuff?

Why is it that evolutionists must resort to ridicule.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

According to Scripture, there was water above the Earth, in the form of the firmament [which was different than our current atmosphere] and water below the Earth. Those are the two places that the water came from.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotomWhy is it that evolutionists must resort to ridicule.

Your theories are ridiculous. Surely you've realized this already?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

"No one mentioned volcanoes. The force of the molten lava under the crust isn't what drives the tectonic plates to move, it's the fact that they sit on the moving lava. Just try to sit back and think about what a ton of water moving into the faults would do--the plates certainly aren't going to just sit there like it's no big deal."

Okay, so you don't know what causes tectonic plate movement. You should have said so, it would have been quicker.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

According to Scripture, there was water above the Earth, in the form of the firmament [which was different than our current atmosphere] and water below the Earth. Those are the two places that the water came from.

There are several definitions for firmament. My translation is:

The flood myth was "created" when the nomads still believed the earth was as a mound or island in a stream and the firmament (or atmosphere) protected the earth from being flooded. Kind of a cool idea for nomads from 2000 or more years ago, but hardly a believable idea with current knowledge,... I had hoped.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Yes, I do know what causes the plate movement. Volcanic activity and earthquakes. The build up of pressure under the Earth doesn't cause the plates to move, the release of it does. So, the pressure of the water on the crust needn't be greater than the presure under it to cause the plates to move.

Maybe you should actually read what I write instead of making it say what you want it to say.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Your theories are ridiculous. Surely you've realized this already?

Equally ridiculous is the theory of evolution.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Yes, I do know what causes the plate movement. Volcanic activity and earthquakes. The build up of pressure under the Earth doesn't cause the plates to move, the release of it does. So, the pressure of the water on the crust needn't be greater than the presure under it to cause the plates to move.

Maybe you should actually read what I write instead of making it say what you want it to say.

Sorry, but you're not making sense there. The pressure of the molten lava forces the plates apart. Eruptions are caused by the release of the pressure. I see you don't have a grasp on fluid dynamics either. You should read what you write, you might delete more of it before hitting the reply icon if you did.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The firmament didn't protect the people from being flooded.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The firmament didn't protect the people from being flooded.

The firmament had nothing to do with the isolated flood that caused them to "think" the firmament was responsible.

This is a myth.

The evidence against a world wide flood is staggering. The logistics of floating AT LEAST 50,000 animals on a raging sea and feeding them is beyond staggering, it is absolutely ridiculous. Your blinders are thick.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The pressure of the molten lava forces the plates apart. Eruptions are caused by the release of the pressure.

I wasn't aware that, when an earthquake occurs in California, the ground at San Andreas fault moved apart before the Earth actually shook.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I wasn't aware that, when an earthquake occurs in California, the ground at San Andreas fault moved apart before the Earth actually shook.

See, there you go again. The plates in California are not moving apart, they're moving past each other, not away or subducting. Pressure elsewhere is causing them to "slip" at that point.

You're really out of your depth here. Are you sure you want to continue on this course?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The evidence against a world wide flood is staggering. The logistics of floating AT LEAST 50,000 animals on a raging sea and feeding them is beyond staggering, it is absolutely ridiculous.

There is plenty of evidence for a global flood. The sea wasn't raging either during the year of the flood. If it were however, the dimensions of the Ark would've prevented it for tipping. Ship builders today acknoeledge this.

Feeding the animals wouldn't have been so tough because God could've supernaturally kicked in the hibernation "system" that every animal has. That is something that you'll have a hard time believing in though because you don't want to accept anything without proof--except evolution.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Let me correct myself. I didn't know that in California when the plates move past one another, the plate moves, due to pressure under it, before the earthquake happens.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Let me correct myself. I didn't know that in California when the plates move past one another, the plate moves, due to pressure under it, before the earthquake happens.

Geologists do know. You can see the side slip of fences, sidewalks, walls, streets, etc. The shear is well documents. Not at the Discovery Institute, but CalTech is familiar with the process for some reason.

While we're at it, we have two plates in contact with each other, grinding against each other, or being forced apart by lava being forced to the surface. How then, would huge volumes of water find a way down under the plates? Magic?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The evidence against a world wide flood is staggering. The logistics of floating AT LEAST 50,000 animals on a raging sea and feeding them is beyond staggering, it is absolutely ridiculous.

There is plenty of evidence for a global flood. The sea wasn't raging either during the year of the flood. If it were however, the dimensions of the Ark would've prevented it for tipping. Ship builders today acknoeledge this.

You have to be kidding. The volume of water on the planet at least doubles. In your theory, the plates are moving around like crazy, but the surface is still and calm?

Feeding the animals wouldn't have been so tough because God could've supernaturally kicked in the hibernation "system" that every animal has.

Wow. I now see how useless this is.

That is something that you'll have a hard time believing in though because you don't want to accept anything without proof--except evolution.

Where have I said anything about evolution?

Good luck with that.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

How then, would huge volumes of water find a way down under the plates?

How does water find it's way into the crack of a rock? It's physical properties. As more water would come down, and make it's way into a crack, it would soften up and move apart. The fault lines in the Earth aren't vacuum sealed you know.

I'm gonna have to split, my wife wants to go to the store. Perhaps we can pick this up again tomorrow? It's been fun! Have a nice evening!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join