It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to those who believe in the ark and flood story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
When Jesus built his massive wooden ark and took a pair (or something like that) of all animals aboard he didn't take any fish inside, right? I mean he didn't take any of them inside cos he knew they'd survive in the water too, right? So my question is. How come we've found lots of fish fossils representing species that clearly do no exist today? What happened to them? Also why didn't Jesus allow any dinosaurs aboard? Or did he? If so, are you telling me that we killed the dinosaurs?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
jesus was a carpenter but he didnt build an ark. noah built it and he was only 600 years old. i dont think you have a real question. fish fossils. there are many species which no longer exist. dinosaurs expired 64 million years ago right? jesus died 2008 years ago. pyramids were built 4000 years ago. intelligent man existed perhaps 10,000 years. are you kidding me with this thread?

[edit on 28/4/09 by Brain Damaged]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brain Damaged
jesus was a carpenter but he didnt build an ark.

I do remember Jesus having something to do with the ark. Perhaps he helped Noah? Or maybe it was that other ark that was made by some Egyptian jew earlier? Maybe Jesus helped him? I think it was like the other ark, except it was painted golden.

noah built it and he was only 600 years old. i dont think you have a real question. fish fossils. there are many species which no longer exist. dinosaurs expired 64 million years ago right? jesus died 2008 years ago. pyramids were built 4000 years ago. intelligent man existed perhaps 10,000 years. are you kidding me with this thread?

This question is for believers only. What can possibly explain the disappearance of all those fish species?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

So my question is. How come we've found lots of fish fossils representing species that clearly do no exist today? What happened to them?

I was thinking about this the other day actually. My theory is that after the water began to recede and the earth dried up, some aquatic animals were left stranded on land/mud and fossilized. Also, don't assume that those fish aren't around any more. I remember a couple years ago, they found a fish that was thought to have been extinct for a while, off the Madagascan coast.

Also why didn't Jesus allow any dinosaurs aboard? Or did he? If so, are you telling me that we killed the dinosaurs?

I believe that dinosaurs were on ark and that some are still around today and we know them as different names. Not all the dinosaur speices survived after the flood because the climate of the Earth had changed so much after the flood that they couldn't survive anymore and became extinct that way.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Siuzudra build the Ark (Noah) and he did take Dino's on the ark, baby dinos. the pyramids were here when 'gods' put Adam here, adam was 900 years old...Where they made him Im unsure of, maybe Mars, or the Moon.
Ancient artifacts show that two beings are 'waving' at eachother, EArth and Mars, and in the middle there is a spaceship.

I think the EArth may have had some ice sphere around it back then, not sure ofcourse, but how else can there be any Waters Above ??
I think 'they' moved EArth closer to the sun to get the right temperature here, it was Heaven here in those days, but the Sun melted the ice, and it came raining down causing the global flood of Noah...

Well, who killed the Dinos is another matter..Food source, kill the enemy by removing the foodsource .. ??

The dinos didnt die of an huge astroid 65 mill. years ago. Men walked with the Dinos...There is no evidence that life has been on EArth for millions of years...
atleast show my some evidence, and Not a school aproved text book...

.. As in the waters above... ??? ... no water in space?? The waters above is gone, it came down,

[edit on 28-4-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
you mean the ark of the covenant? the only pair of things in there were 2 stone tablets. no fossils to be gathered or seen. oh. jesus had nothing to do with the ark of the covenant either. google is a pretty cool site. research is easy to do with a couple button clicks.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Troll alert!!! My alarm is screaming at me!!
You'll get no Bible based history lessons from me about Jesus, Egyptians, arks and what have you.
If, on the other hand this is a serious OP, then you have my apologies and my sympathies.
Have fun.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
I do remember Jesus having something to do with the ark. Perhaps he helped Noah? Or maybe it was that other ark that was made by some Egyptian guy? The one with the 10 rules for Jewish slaves perhaps? Or then it was something about fish. Eh, I might be wrong.

yeah, you might be.

it might be a good idea to get a basic understanding of a belief system before you try to tear it to pieces. just a thought.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Okay I see. It was Moses that built the ark and Noah who sailed it. Now let's get back to the question. What do you think of Octotom's answer? I don't see it as a very plausible one as there are like a billion trillion million fish in the sea. Surely some of them should have managed to not end up on dry land?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The reptilians had by this time moved underground into the ET hollow earth via the great pyramid so there were no dinos to go in the ark.

Easy. Ask me another...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Okay I see. It was Moses that built the ark and Noah who sailed it.

um, no, wrong again. go back and have another go with google and actually read the results this time.

flood myths are common to many cultures, a massive flood of some sort is plausable. could have been a massive tsunami. could have been an asteroid strike on the oceans, caused a tsunami as well as prolonged rain from all the moisture pumped into the atmosphere. who knows.

as for all the fossil/dinosaur silly questions, they're just bear baiting.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

This question is for believers only. What can possibly explain the disappearance of all those fish species?

As the Ark sailed the flood waters it ran over most of the evil fish species. The few that survived suffocated when the Red Sea seperated right over the site of their NFO Bilderpike picnic.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Let's see here.

Noah, a 600 yo, and his sons built an ark of, how large was it again?, in six months? (Super carpenters?)

Then he gathered all the beasts of the Earth, and they entered, either two by two or in groups of seven depending on which version you read. (So, every beast of the Earth was within walking distance of the construction site? Koalas? Llamas?)

Then he put them aboard and it rained. Rained so hard and so long that the surface of the Earth was submerged? Where did all the water come from, and where did it go? (Mt. Everest is about 5 miles high, right?)

And he kept them alive for 40 days on the provisions on board? Wait, after the rain they sailed for 150 days before the waters receded. That's a 190 days on the ark. (With associated poop, of course.)

Then he lands and everything is fine. Except, of course, that the carnivores need a herbivore every few days to live and there are only 2, no wait, maybe seven, of each kind. To keep the meat eaters alive they have to reproduce hourly. And, of course, all the rich grazing available after the Flood had receded would be . . . erm . . . non-existant. But that's okay, the food supply in the ark would have continued to magically reproduce to feed them while the entire Earth recovered from the Flood.

AND THEN, the koalas and llamas would have to walk back to their respective territories and reproduce like crazy to re-populate the areas to their current levels.

AND THEN, Noah's sons and daughters would have to have their children incestuously reproducing as there are no other humans around.

I'm weak on parts of the above. Anybody that can unconfuse me on all that?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

reply to post by pieman

Okay I see. It was Moses that built the ark and Noah who sailed it. Now let's get back to the question. What do you think of Octotom's answer? I don't see it as a very plausible one as there are like a billion trillion million fish in the sea. Surely some of them should have managed to not end up on dry land?

You have a bit of a mix up. Noah built the ark (the "big boat") to survive the flood and Noah "sailed it". Moses built the Ark of the Covenant (the artifact Indiana Jones searches on Raiders of The Lost Ark), which is NOT related to the flood. It's a different artifact and different story.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out if the OP and other posters in this thread are serious...

If so, this is scary

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
none of us know, none of us were there, youtube and google are not reliable sources for information.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkElvis

reply to post by pieman

You have a bit of a mix up. Noah built the ark (the "big boat") to survive the flood and Noah "sailed it". Moses built the Ark of the Covenant (the artifact Indiana Jones searches on Raiders of The Lost Ark), which is NOT related to the flood. It's a different artifact and different story.

Are you sure? I think Jesus had to be there. After all he didn't drown, right? He died on that mountain in Israel or Vatican or something. Is it the same mountain that the other ark was built at? Either way this has really nothing to do with my question: what happened to the fish?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Either way this has really nothing to do with my question about what happened to the fish..

the dolphins ate them right before they left.

this is a stupid thread, i wish the mod's would close it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkElvis

reply to post by pieman

Are you sure? I think Jesus had to be there. After all he didn't drown, right? He died on that mountain in Israel or Vatican or something. Is it the same mountain that the other ark was built at? Either way this has really nothing to do with my question: what happened to the fish?

This Happened to the Fish :

Q: Noah was instructed to take land animals on the Ark, and that's how they survived. But how did fish survive, particularly in those churning waters?

A: Well, most fish didn't survive. In fact, if you'd been a diver in the oceans before the flood, and then you'd been saved on the Ark and had started diving again after the flood, you would've said something like, "What happened? Where's everything gone?" You see, most marine species were killed during the flood. Now certainly some fish did survive, and we see their descendants in the oceans today. Some people then ask a related question; "How did freshwater fish survive in the saltwater oceans?" There are two possibilities. First, there are many areas in the world today where we see freshwater and salt water together, and the two waters don't mix. So it's possible that certain organisms survived in pockets of fresh or salt water. Second, because of natural selection, which creationists accept, organisms today have become very specialized. Organisms at the time of the flood, however, would've been much stronger and able to tolerate many more changes than they can today. There's really no problem at all in answering this question.

Personally I think the salt waters have slowly become salt, thats how the fish would 'adapt' to the salty water.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Many areas in the world where salt water doesn't mix with fresh water? Excuse the heck out of me, but where would that be? You're not channeling Hovind by any chance?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join