It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to those who believe in the ark and flood story

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by UrsusMajor

Wow. I now see how useless this is.

Just the answer I expected.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by UrsusMajor

Wow. I now see how useless this is.

Just the answer I expected.

Just the answer you deserved.

Whatever floats your boat.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 2-5-2009 by UrsusMajor]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotomThere is plenty of evidence for a global flood. The sea wasn't raging either during the year of the flood. If it were however, the dimensions of the Ark would've prevented it for tipping. Ship builders today acknoeledge this.

Ever hear of "hogging"? No? That's when the bow and stern of ship are on waves and the middle is unsupported. That can break the "spine" of a ship and sink her PDQ. Of course, the ark was only floating around for 190 days, so there obviously wouldn't have been any storms, they only come 'round in leap years, yes?

Feeding the animals wouldn't have been so tough because God could've supernaturally kicked in the hibernation "system" that every animal has. That is something that you'll have a hard time believing in though because you don't want to accept anything without proof--except evolution.

EVERY animal has a "hibernation system"? So you don't know anything about biology, either? *snip*

Courtesy is Mandatory

[edit on 2-5-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
And the whole five loaves and two fishes and easily apply to a large pile of animal feed.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

That can break the "spine" of a ship and sink her PDQ.
Ships that are designed to travel through the water have spines. A boat that just bobs around in the water would not have to have that weakness.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60Ships that are designed to travel through the water have spines. A boat that just bobs around in the water would not have to have that weakness.

That is absurd. The keel is integral in the strength of a ship. Major rationalization fail.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

from: Boat Building in the Viking Age: The Sea Stallion from Glendalough

“Backbone” of the ship
Needs to be strong, but also flexible

Let's say you have to have a keel. The Vikings figured out how to build a ship that could travel the North Sea and not be destroyed by "hogging".

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

When Jesus built his massive wooden ark and took a pair (or something like that) of all animals aboard he didn't take any fish inside, right? I mean he didn't take any of them inside cos he knew they'd survive in the water too, right? So my question is. How come we've found lots of fish fossils representing species that clearly do no exist today? What happened to them? Also why didn't Jesus allow any dinosaurs aboard? Or did he? If so, are you telling me that we killed the dinosaurs?

To answer this question with my opinion on how things happened...
First of all lets get this straight, Jesus is God is Holy Spirit is Jesus (Trinity)
God had noah bulid an ark and fill it with two of each kind (not two of each species) all you need is a horse and a zebra and you can get a huge variety of horse species thereafter.
Noah did not have to take fish on the ark because they already live in water and the earth was going to be flooded. no biggie. also notice that the salt content of the ocean is only around 3.5% salt. i would imagine that 4400 years ago it would have been a lot less. (but according to the evolution of the earth as stated in the text books, if it did rain on the rocks for millions of years, the oceans should be a lot more saltier) what im getting at is this. i think its safe to assume that there was a very minor difference between fresh water and salt water. so little that it wouldnt have killed the fish when the mixture occurred.

The bible says that the fountains the the great deep broke open (meaning water from under ground (which btw there is still a lot of water under ground, ex: well water) it is very logical to assume that since water from underground (which was probably under a lot of pressure) came shooting to the surface cause a lot of fish to die and be buried alive due to very hot temperatures and erosion. high temps killed the fish from shock or just paralyzed them, or even just buried them alive and the erosion (the dirt) was the actual material they were buried in.

why do we find these species fossilized and why dont they exist today?
thats easy to answer, micro evolution is a fact, speciation happens, and perhaps that specific variety of fish do not exist anymore simply because that part of the gene pool is lost.

why didnt noah take dinosuars on the ark? who says he didnt? the work dinosaur is fairly new. people used to call them dragons, and who says he took big dinosaurs? take small ones, or baby ones. he didnt have to take the biggest ones he can find.
dinosaurs have been disappearing from a change in environment. not an asteroid that hit the earth millions of years ago. even if you believe in the geologic column, lower layers with petrified tree sap have higher contents of oxygen in them leaving you with the logical assumption that earth used to have more oxygen and now we have less.

if you look at the lung capacity of the bigger dinosaurs and the airways, you will conclude that it would be impossible for them to survive in todays atmosphere. if you use the logical assumption I presented earlier about the earth have more oxygen in the atmosphere, you will logically assume that dinosaurs died off or perhaps have not grown to be as big due to the change of environment over time.

do did we kill the dinosaurs? in a sense yes, man did kill the dinosaurs due to the flood caused my mans wickedness.

it all makes logical sense to me, yes there are a few assumptions but they are logical.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Methuselah

Been to the Creation Museum, have we? People who believe the Flood story can't do math. The platypus walked to the Middle East from Australia, did it? The llama from Peru? The animals were on the ark for 190 days. The carnivores ate meat, no carnivore skeletons with herbivore teeth have been found in the fossil record. So, did Noah have a freezer system on the Ark? And, if you please, tell me how three men built the ark with HAND TOOLS in six months. How many board feet of gopher wood would it take? How long to cut it down? Cut it into boards and beams? WHERE would such a forest of gopher wood be?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
now see, you are already assuming way too much.
you are assuming that earth was covered with the same amount of water as today. you are assuming that there earth only had as much vegetation as there is today. you are assuming that these animals are stuck on there own little islands of the world and could not possibly made there way to the ark (led on by a previous assumption btw) and you are also assuming that noah took each species when he didnt have to.
you are assuming that all animals didnt eat plants. (there are animals with carnivore teeth that are vegetarian)

you are assuming way too much with a closed mind. it makes perfect sense to me how this could have happened. yes there are some assumptions and some faith involved but it doesnt make it impossible. does it?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah
now see, you are already assuming way too much.
you are assuming that earth was covered with the same amount of water as today.

Where would any extra water come from? Some miraculous firmament? You assume it came from somewhere. I don't assume there was any more then than now.

you are assuming that there earth only had as much vegetation as there is today.

How much vegetation do you assume there was? I don't assume there was more or less than there is now.

you are assuming that these animals are stuck on there own little islands of the world and could not possibly made there way to the ark (led on by a previous assumption btw)

You are assuming they were within walking distance of the ark. I don't assume they were in any place other than where we've found evidence for them.

and you are also assuming that noah took each species when he didnt have to.

You're assuming the species that didn't ride on the ark have evolved since then. I don't assume any such thing. I go with the evidence that they've been around a LONG time.

Massive fail. Do better or go home.

you are assuming that all animals didnt eat plants. (there are animals with carnivore teeth that are vegetarian)

you are assuming way too much with a closed mind. it makes perfect sense to me how this could have happened. yes there are some assumptions and some faith involved but it doesnt make it impossible. does it?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Where would any extra water come from? Some miraculous firmament? You assume it came from somewhere. I don't assume there was any more then than now.

there isnt any more now than then... its just all in a different place.
scripture tells us that it came from underground, evidence shows us that there is still water under ground. this is not a faulty assumption.

How much vegetation do you assume there was? I don't assume there was more or less than there is now.

I think there was a lot more vegetation, being that most of the water we see today used to be underground... its safe to assume that there used to be more land for vegetation to grow on.

You are assuming they were within walking distance of the ark. I don't assume they were in any place other than where we've found evidence for them.

walking distance? you gotta remember that the earth was still perfect, atmosphere and all. they didnt have to walk, they could probably run for miles and miles because it was the flood that made the mountains and valleys and canyons and crazy terrain.

You're assuming the species that didn't ride on the ark have evolved since then. I don't assume any such thing. I go with the evidence that they've been around a LONG time.

evidence shows that noah didnt need to bring each species, interbreeding species can be done within the same kind of animal.
horse + zebra = horse type animal
dog + wolf = dog type animal

its easy.

and my massive fail wasnt really a fail... I didnt see any evidence against my claim...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Methuselah

That reply was totally Hovindized. I take it lying for Jesus doesn't break any commandments?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I dont need Dr Hovind to display common sense through logical thought processes. ive been where youve been, its not worth being there in my opinion.

why deny what is so obvious?
&
why attempt to make sense of what we already know is impossible?

anyone who does this is trying to escape accountability, plain and simple.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Methuselah]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah
I dont need Dr Hovind to display common sense through logical thought processes. ive been where youve been, its not worth being there in my opinion.

why deny what is so obvious?
&
why attempt to make sense of what we already know is impossible?

anyone who does this is trying to escape accountability, plain and simple.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Methuselah]

Your theories are based on Hovind's fantasies. Deny that if you wish, but the source is obvious. Or the delusion is infectious, same difference.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
wrong thread >_>

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Revolution-2012]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join