It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans-- if the USA came under control of a tyrannical govt would you save us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

The commonwealth were losing.
How can you say that they were winning?
Are you basing that on just the Battle of Britain?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian

It wasn't England who came and stopped the Japs from taking over Australia it was the USA.
So they saved us.

And if your granny had testicles she'd be your bo*****y aunt!!! SO what? All your doing is proving my point. America only got involved after Pearl Harbour. Seems to me you don't have much faith in your own countries armed forces? Don't you think the Australian airforce and navy could have stood up to the Japs?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The commonwealth were losing.
How can you say that they were winning?
Are you basing that on just the Battle of Britain?

The commonwealth were losing up to the Battle of Britain. That was the moment Hitler made the mistake of turning on Russia and fighting a war on two fronts. After that there was no way Hitler could win the war unless he brockered a truce with either of his enemies and he clearly was too proud to do that.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

No i don't think that our forces would have been any match for the battle hardernd troops of the Japanese empire if they had of invaded Australia.

Hence why I am saying that the USA did in fact save Australia from being invaded by the Japanese.

British, Australian and Dutch forces, already drained of personnel and matériel by two years of war with Germany, and heavily committed in the Middle East, North Africa and elsewhere, were unable to provide much more than token resistance to the battle-hardened Japanese.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

No i don't think that our forces would have been any match for the battle hardernd troops of the Japanese empire if they had of invaded Australia.

Hence why I am saying that the USA did in fact save Australia from being invaded by the Japanese.

British, Australian and Dutch forces, already drained of personnel and matériel by two years of war with Germany, and heavily committed in the Middle East, North Africa and elsewhere, were unable to provide much more than token resistance to the battle-hardened Japanese.

en.wikipedia.org...

But that wasn't their intention. The USA went to war with Japan because of Pearl Harbour not to save Australians! Similarly, they didn't get involved in the European theatre to save Brits, French or anyone, they got involved because of Pearl Harbour. They got involved because American servicemen had died. If Germany and Japan hadn't been allies I sincerly doubt whether American soldiers would have been present on D-day.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

But the Germans had nothing to with Pearl Harbor.

It was the Germans and Italians that declared war on the USA after Pearl Harbor not the USA declaring war on the Axis powers. They had no choice in the matter.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

Hey guys the topic was

"Europeans-- if the USA came under control of a tyrannical govt would you save us?"

So lets not fight WWII all over again and let's get back to America bashing!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

If if wasn't for Americans, you'd all be speaking GERMAN right now!

Oh dear. What do they teach you people over there in the US of A? Whatever it is it certainly Isn't history, or at least fact based history. Mind you this is the country that makes films full of historical inaccuracies and then releases them to its own people who it knows gains their knowledge from Hollywood and not from school.
Yes, America did help us out but only after, quite some time after, it realised that the UK and it's commonwealth friends had turned the tide of the war. Once Hitler knew he couldn't invade the UK he turned his attention to the east and Russia and this was his downfall.
In no way, shape or form did America save Europe. In fact you could argue that America, since WW2, has caused more harm and destruction to Europeans as it continually spouts this, "We saved you from the nasty Germans", nonsense to blackmail countries into joining your ridiculous wars.

Okay, so now you're saying we DID help the war efforts, cuz I could've sworn you said the opposite earlier, posted above, first sentence.
Now I'm confused.

So you're agreeing about the Russians too now? Make up your mind dude.
Btw, it was the COLD that made conditions unbearable for the Nazis to defeat the Russians. So you can say the WINTER was a main element in this defeat. What history are you being taught?
If anything, it seems like you're the one drawing historical conclusons from movies here.......
Battle of Britain did not win the war......so stop sticking your chest out and trying to flex like a meat-head.
If anything D-DAY was much more significant because IT CUT SUPPLY LINES to the Nazis, which is crucial in ANY war.
Most of those soldiers at that beach were Americans I should add!
*they actually staged a fake attack on the other side of France, English Channel with rubber boats and all.....pretty amazing part of the war that's always overlooked. It's why the surprise attack was more successful.

It seems like you're just trying to bash Americans right now, no?

I'm not going to deny that our education system is fu**ed up.
True dat.
Most Americans think Central America is Kansas....

ANd I won't deny that most Brits have nasty looking teeth!

Like I said if it wan't for Americans coming to Europe to "bail you out", late or not, we changed the dynamics of WW II.

Hollywood or not.

And if it wasn't for D-Day, you'd be speaking German right now.

Or wearing sandals with black socks up to your knees.
*Dash is good YA* Dashish good!*

Listen, if you wanted to dig deep enough, you'll see that Amricans AND British funded both sides of the war. It's not hard to overlook, just "follow the money......
Rothschild family, and friends.....Prescott Bush even fueled Nazi tanks and planes with his oil company.
So this is like drilling a hole in water, isn't it?

Let me remind you, 400,000 American soldiers lost their lives.
I'm a veteran, and it's maybe why I'm taking this a little personal.
You're crapping on these lives right now,

It's not right if we're trying to unite for a better world.

You're letting THEM win right now by allowing them to divide us even more.
It's what they want!

*make me a sanguich, and sit down.*

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

But the Germans had nothing to with Pearl Harbor.

It was the Germans and Italians that declared war on the USA after Pearl Harbor not the USA declaring war on the Axis powers. They had no choice in the matter.

Okay, but it still doesn't change my argument. In fact it strengthens it even more. Americans who say they joined the war to save Europe are simply not being truthful. Would they have joined the war if Italy and Germany had not declared war on them? I don't think so. They certainly had refused to get involved up to that point.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Why do you ask the question 'would we save you'?

An answer as well as my question.

No we wouldn't and you know why (don't you)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I want 2 apologize 2 every1 for getting off topic.

If it was the other way around, I would help in a heart-beat.

As long as you had the similar interests of preserving our given rights and freedoms, and you were willing to DIE for them!.

1776 baby!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

It seems like you're just trying to bash Americans right now, no?

I'm not trying to bash America. I holiday in New York every year and have many friends there. I'm just trying to set the record straight that America didn't join the war to save anyone, they joined because they had been attacked. I'm also saying that the tide had turned after the Battle of Britain. Hitler had rolled across all of Europe until he reached Britain where he was stopped even though he out numbered us. Thats when he changed his priorties and decided to attack Russia instead.
Honestly, I'm not attacking America just the idea that some of you have that you saved us all in the WW2.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just some quick thoughts on this topic :

- there is no unity within Europe to set up any big scale military operation resembling the operation the Allies performed to liberate Europe 65 years ago.

- there is a huge difference in the way wars are conducted now compared with 65 years ago. Nowadays highly advanced technologies rule warfare, 65 years ago it was more like brute gun- and manpower.

- if you talk about "a tyrannical government" as being American government behaving in a tyrranic way, i would suggest 'no chance'. If you talk about being "occupated" by foreign powers i would say theorethically yes, but i have no idea on how Europe would organise a military operation that would match the situation.

I live amidst Flanders Fields (from WW1), and driving by all the cemeteries it's harsh to realise that the soldiers burried here changed the future of the world. And yet with them, burried alot of grieve and a lost future for the families that received a letter 'your beloved died in the line of duty'.......

This week twice allready, whole sections of a city had to be evacuated to detonate huge bombs that are unearthed from WW1 and 2, so we still get regular reminders of what happened back then. Ironcially these events took place in the "Bombardment Street" as it is officially called.

To say that we are not gratefull would be unfair. Still many people visit 'the Last Post', every single day at the Menenpoort at Ypres. It's a salut to all fallen soldiers, even after all this time.
And we all feel alike on one point, we hope nothing of this scale has ever to happen again....

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You are one hundred percent correct! The USA would not have joined in the fight for Europe if they didn't have too. They were making so much cash of it why would they.

Mate just admit it, they saved your tiny little island from becoming a province of the Third Reich.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

when the British declared war , which country joined in the next day??

Canada

Would ya lend us a hand Mint ?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

when the British declared war , which country joined in the next day??

Canada

Would ya lend us a hand Mint ?

Of course I would. The only problem is is if this scenario does happen I think we will all go under at the same time. I dont think it will be a matter of Europe watching America become a dictatorship under military rule, or the other way around for that matter. When it happens it will happen everywhere simultaneously.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

None of the countries within the “Empire” had a choice, just the same as world war one. More cannon fodder for the British meat grinder.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Seany

None of the countries within the “Empire” had a choice, just the same as world war one. More cannon fodder for the British meat grinder.

I was earlier accussed of American bashing which I wasn't. However, I don't think there's any way of mistaking the fact that you're British bashing. But if it makes you happy. . .

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Seany

Canada had a choice, we are and still want to be within the British Empire

But we are very much a separate country.

Do to the fact that we are closely tied to England and most of Europe

there was no hesitation on our part.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emipie
I live amidst Flanders Fields (from WW1), and driving by all the cemeteries it's harsh to realise that the soldiers burried here changed the future of the world. And yet with them, burried alot of grieve and a lost future for the families that received a letter 'your beloved died in the line of duty'.......

This week twice allready, whole sections of a city had to be evacuated to detonate huge bombs that are unearthed from WW1 and 2, so we still get regular reminders of what happened back then. Ironcially these events took place in the "Bombardment Street" as it is officially called.

To say that we are not gratefull would be unfair. Still many people visit 'the Last Post', every single day at the Menenpoort at Ypres. It's a salut to all fallen soldiers, even after all this time.
And we all feel alike on one point, we hope nothing of this scale has ever to happen again....

exactly my thoughts!

I'm in Flanders aswell and saw that spectacular show in bombardement street on tv. When I was a kid a bomb like that was found on the corner of my street when they started to build new houses. My town is surrounded by woods with wwII bunkers and graveyards... statues of "soldiers without names" etc...

I hear the stories from grandparents, people who seen it all happen when they where kids. My mother's uncle was in the work camps for a few months.

we say that we hope nothing like that will happen again, but look at Irak, life in Bagdad, Congo, etc... is it that much different?
the thing is, that UN-humanity in some parts of the world never changed.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by GypsK]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join