It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans-- if the USA came under control of a tyrannical govt would you save us?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

We saved you all during WWII...

We even helped you Brits out...

Really all of us?

1. Soviet Union attacks my country.
2. Nobody helps my country and we fight them off ourselves.
3. Soviet Union attacks us again. Meanwhile America is their ally as is UK and France etc.
4. Who helps us? Oh yeah, nobody.
5. Last option. We ally ourselves with Germany. They're the only ones willing to help us fight the Soviet Union.
6. UK declares war on us.
7. We manage to make peace with Soviet Union. They understand it would be too costly to invade.
8. We fight Germans away from our soil.

So really. Did you save *all* of us? No you did not. You were allies with the aggressor. Nice going and thanks a lot!

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Of all the European countries fighting in World War II, only three European capitals were never occupied: Moscow, London and Helsinki. Imagine, a country of some 160 million people did not manage to invade a country of 4 million people. Soviet Union sucked hard

Anyways would Europe help bring down American tyrant? Doubt it. You guys have quite a few nukes..

[edit on 27-4-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
LOL... interesting thread though personally I believe that Europe will fall under the boot long before the US.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

In the end: The United States will stand alone

strategygamersworld.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I'm gonna have to say no.. to many of you yanks insult us brits. so imo you can all get stuffed!

on the other hand if you stayed with the empire and allowed us to continue..chances of this happening would be so slim right now..

you made your bed..now lie in it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Ok I’m from Australia just to clear things up.
But that still means you saved us in ww2 and I am grateful for that.

I can't believe you are saying that! You must have heard Americans say "we saved your ass in WWII" and seen so many Hollywood propaganda movies where America did all the work, that you have just decided that it must be true.

I can't believe you, an Aussie would say that!

The USA did NOT save us! They helped us!

Please, please, please go and read some real books about the war, instead of learning from American films!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

It wasn't England who came and stopped the Japs from taking over Australia it was the USA.
So they saved us.

Erm, yes it was Britain as well!! Please read up properly!!

Here is a quick quote for you from Wiki...

"In effect Australia fought two wars between 1939 and 1945,[1] one against Germany and Italy as part of the British Commonwealth's war effort and the other against Japan in alliance with the United States and Britain."

Because America have gone on so much about how they fought the Japanese, people have completely forgotten that the Brits and Commonwealth countries were fighting too!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

Because America have gone on so much about how they fought the Japanese, people have completely forgotten that the Brits and Commonwealth countries were fighting too!

Not all of us "Mate" But everyone here always tries to downplay the role the US played in WWII.
US landings

If somebody had no knowledge of WWII and were to read some of the posts around here they would come away with the idea that the US played either no role or a very small part of WWII.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben Niceknowinya

Let me remind you, 400,000 American soldiers lost their lives.
I'm a veteran, and it's maybe why I'm taking this a little personal.
You're crapping on these lives right now,

You are joking!!??

You hypocrite!! This is exactly what has angered us Brits for so many decades! This is exactly why we are arguing against it now!! Because people like you totally belittle the Brits role in the war. We spent so long fighting them alone and continuing to the end and then you get an American telling us that you saved us! If I were a boxer and had been fighting someone for 8 rounds and then someone else jumped in and started fighting my opposition with me, then at the end claiming he won it, how should I feel?

It is you who is "crapping" on the lives of the Brits who fought and died against the Germans and their allies alone! That is WHY we get fed up with it!!

I want to go through your obnoxious post sentence by sentence but as you can probably tell, I am far too tired and annoyed.

No one would ever deny that the USA was a massive and important help but for you to claim that you saved us is absolutely disgusting!! You tell my grandads that who fought since 1939 till 1945!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

when the British declared war , which country joined in the next day??

Canada

Would ya lend us a hand Mint ?

Yep and Canada has all the respect in the World from us. You fought by our side from the very beginning in both wars and you fought like true warriors and have never once, over 60+ years claimed we owe you something or that you saved us.

That is true dignity and respect!!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben Niceknowinya

What a hypocrit! Mint, seriously, now you're just making yourself look foolish.
Read alllll your posts. Everyone of them bashes US, and Americans.
(unless you edited them)
You're a hypocrit. No offfense, LAD!

I like when you said: "I like America, I "holiday" there once a year, and have American friends."
Gimme a break chauncy|!|

Like saying.....

"I DO like black people! I had to sit next to one on the subway the other day." same logic.

This got off topic by your BASHING of Americans and the comments you made. Press rewind.

Again (you) with Battle of Britain. This is like beating a dead horse....

Britain was broke! London was demolished from all the bombarding!
WHo are you kidding?
You barely had pilots and even planes left to fly!
How, when and where were you going to defeat the Germans??????

Answer this then. If America NEVER got invloved in WW II, would the results be the same?

Yuh. Thank You.

I sniff a turncoat. You serve your own purpose in life. Period. .

......someone who would do anything to save his own skin, even if meant fighting for the right causes, freedom and rights! But you're more important than most people, or Americans, right?

That's what separates me from some1 like you.

Even if I had animosity, hatred towards you, I would still fight beside you, and spill blood for the cause.....Freedom......and rights, kid!!! It's what OUR country had to endure to become America! Brothers killing their own brothers, for the right cause.
Can you fathom that? Didn't think so.

I took an oath in 95, to protect this country from foreign AND domestic enemies. To this day.....I'm sticking to my guns, even if it costs me my life.
For me, it's a good death. F**k it. Atleast I'll die knowing I cared. That I cared about others, and the future of my children, and their children.....

you see......That's the part you'll never get to understand, completely, because you (like most Brits) don't have the "heart" to open your doors, to help others, or to break bread with your neighbor!!!!!!!

Just ask the Irish.

Complacent and self-centered like most of the sheeple.

The sooner you realize the UN is the cancer of the world, the better off you'll feel about your neighboring, or trans-Atlantic countries. Brother.

I really hope you have a change of heart.

*holding up IRISH whiskey...*

Cheers!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Ben Niceknowinya]

You really are one of the most obnoxious, ignorant and ugly posters on this forum!

You really haven't a clue. I am going to reply to your posts properly tomorrow because I am far too tired and frustrated to do it now but your attitude really stinks and I really should just ignore you as a troll because that is exactly what you appear to be.

It is precisely because of Americans with your attitude that Europeans have began to really hate Americans. You're fellow Americans should feel embarrassed by you because it is you who gives them such a bad name.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by triplesod]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by triplesod

Not all of us "Mate" But everyone here always tries to downplay the role the US played in WWII.
US landings

If somebody had no knowledge of WWII and were to read some of the posts around here they would come away with the idea that the US played either no role or a very small part of WWII.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

No, definitely not all of you, mate and it is a shame that we have become so defensive with Americans now regarding the war but can you understand that it is all because of people like such obnoxious people as Ben?

We always gave you your due, respected what you had done and were grateful but then we suffer another Blitzkrieg of people like Ben who post such disrespectful garbage as the above and we, naturally, get angry about it.

Do you see the respect and gratitude that Canada gets from us for everything they did in WWI and WWII? Well you would deservedly get the same if it wasn't for idiots telling us "we saved your ass!!" and "You'd be speaking German if it wasn't for us!!". Can you see how ugly, disrespectful, obnoxious, arrogant and ignorant that is? It really is a disgusting attitude and it makes us sick, especially after everything we did to fight those Nazis, for so long, losing so many lives both civilians and soldier. I'm sure you can understand that. I know that there are plenty of Americans who hate that attitude too and feel completely embarrassed by it.

I'm sorry but you really need to sort this problem out with the Americans who have given you all such a bad name in Europe.

EDIT: I'm sorry that all my posts read so poorly tonight. I didn't sleep last night and it is currently 3:35am here now. I am really shattered. Y'know when you get so tired that your brain just completely slows down. Like the way your computer runs when an application is using up your RAM and processor? Well that's me right now

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

No problem understandable.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You are kidding arent you? Would the UK go save America from 'tyranny'?

THe UK is the most under control sheep-like nation on earth. The NWO dont have to do anything more there - they have total control.

UK has NO guns at all, camera's everywhere, martial law whenever they want to use it and total media control.

If the US leaderships consolidates its position as the 4th Riech, and comes out openly - then the UK media will be trumpeting how great a political advance the US has made, and everyone will believe it.

The trick with the UK is that they already have a tyranny - but its running perfectly without any need to enforce - they have trained the cattle well.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Would I help save the US?
I would probably want to.
But not because of any misguided sense of debt for 'saving us in WWII' but because it was the 'right' thing to do.
Would Europe as a whole help?
No.
It simply wouldn't have the resources to.

As for WWII, it is becoming very tedious.
The plain fact of the matter is that despite some influential American's who wanted to aid us there were a lot more influential American's who didn't want to and they prevailed and subsequently made obscene amounts of money out of the suffering of Europeans on both sides and our Commonwealth Allies.
We paid for that support dearly; it cost Britain it's Empire and we didn't finish paying for US 'help' until 60 years later.
Some help.

The US entered the war because it had to due to Pearl Harbour.
End of story.

Would we have won without US 'help'?
Probably.
Once Hitler invaded Russia he was beat.
However, it would have taken us much longer and many more innocent Europeans, from both sides, and from allied nations, would have died.

I will not insult the memory of the US soldiers who died.
They were brave men and deserve our utmost respect.

I would support our friends from Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
They have always been steadfast and resolute in their support of the UK and have my gratitude, for what little that counts for.
It is to the UK's eternal shame that we have turned our back on them in support of some illusionary European super state.

But at the end of the day what have we learnt?
72 million dead from numerous nationalities!
en.wikipedia.org...
The vast majority, on all sides, were just normal people who simply did what was expected of them.
And we sully their memory over petty arguements best left in primary school playgrounds!

Here we are over 60 years later still talking about tyrants.
I say stand up for ourselves and stop the tyrants from taking over in the first place and make sure that nothing like this happens again.

We have learnt nothing from history.

I know I can be naive and simplistic at times but......????

[edit on 27/4/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
For the record,

The invasion of Normandy Beach could not have been pulled off without the help of the American and Canadian forces present, who made up approximately half of the beach invasion force. Two beaches were assigned to the Americans and Canadians, and two beaches were assigned to the British. The beaches that the North Americans landed on coincidentally were the most heavily defended -- I don't say it to boast, just stating facts.

So the British advanced initially quicker than the Americans because of the stiff resistance at the beaches which the Americans landed on. Eventually the Americans broke through and caught up with the British. From thereon, I'd honestly say American forces liberated about 50% of occupied West / Central Europe, and the British liberated the other 50%. The British stayed toward the northern fronts, while the Americans cut southward deep into France, liberating Paris if I am not mistaken.

While this was going on, Americans were invading and defeating the Germans and Italians in Sicily, Italy, and the surrounding areas near the Mediterranian. Not to be outdone, the British defeated the Germans in Libya and Egypt.

I'd honestly say that the Americans and the British had equal influence on the outcome of the Western and Southern fronts. Often times they fought side-by-side under the same command.

This is leaving the Eastern front and Russia completely out of the discussion. Russia did more than Britain OR America did when it comes to sheer damage inflicted on the Nazis.

This is also leaving out the Pacific theatre, which was almost entirely American fought, after Britain lost numerous bases in the Pacific including Singapore, most notably. So .. America didnt single handedly save the day, but they did have at least equal influence on the outcome of the war, suffered roughly equal casualties percentage wise, and neither nation could have single handedly defeated Germany on the Western Front.

So unfortunately, I do have to say that America entering the war, fortifying the British isles with troops, and invading from Britain over the English Channel essentially saved Britain from facing an invasion on the homeland herself. Because Germany was poised to make a move and in my opinion would have overrun Britain through sheer numbers. The fighting would've been quite bloody and heinous, much like the fights between the US and Japanese troops. So America didnt do it all but was INTEGRAL in winning the war.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
To my knowledge the real precedent that should be cited is that of the US invasion of Afghanistan. Because that is the first time in history any country has invaded another to save it from it's own government.

Afghanistan was accused of sheltering an Arabian man accused of plotting the 9/11 attack in New York. When the Aghans demanded that the US produce some kind of evidence against this man, before they would hand him over, the US took umbrage and invaded the country.

They (the Americans) then allowed the Arabian man to escape to Pakistan because he needed treatment on kidney dialysis machines and decided to stay and wreck the country, put their own nominated oil business crony into power, ramp up opium production and "nation build" to bring Afghanistan up to our own standards of order and good government.

It's hard for me to envision a set of circumstances that would be similar enough to lead to a similar result in the US.

Starting a lucrative greenhouse based opium industry might help matters.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I say hell yeah
without a doubt
but its not like I myself can do anything.although I would wanna fight!!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I would like to come over to the US and help fight a Tyranny...however...Some redneck will probably start shooting at me as soon as I try to find my way around by looking at the back of roadsigns

And i'm pretty sure nobody in this thread personally fought in WW2. So lets just wait for WW3 and then decide who gets to save who...ok?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorfl
soon as I try to find my way around by looking at the back of roadsigns

shoosh,not to many people know that secret yet..

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
nope... even if i felt in anyway tied to my british nationality (i don't, nationalism is about as dumb as it gets and it suits the powers that be massively)... but historically, why? the Nazi Party and the IRA were bankrolled by the US...

i'm a lover not a fighter anyways

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Save how ? Want me to get a boat, cross the Atlantic, and hit your dictator with the paddle ?

When the internet can no longer be used for free communication we will know that NWO is showing itself. But many sheep will say "it's for our protection" and do nothing.

The governments over here will do nothing. They are under the same control as your government. EU is the NWO. Along with IMF, the World Bank and the new "super currency"

[edit on 28-4-2009 by pai mei]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join