It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans-- if the USA came under control of a tyrannical govt would you save us?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben Niceknowinya
Again (you) with Battle of Britain. This is like beating a dead horse....

Britain was broke! London was demolished from all the bombarding!
WHo are you kidding?
You barely had pilots and even planes left to fly!
How, when and where were you going to defeat the Germans??????

Would be nice if you learned some history eh?

Maybe you should read this

Battle of Britain

Initially the Germans attacked the fighter bases. And they did a bloody good job of it. They actually didn't target the civilian population until later in the battle. They switched tactics - to the dismay of some of the aerial commanders - because Britain carried out a reprisal attack on Berlin for what turned out to be the accidental bombing of a part of London.

Once the British had attacked Berlin, Hitler switched targets to the cities, leaving Fighter Command with enough time to reorganise and re-equip, and allowing British fighter production to hit high gear, while the Germans were only matching their losses. We were actually outstripping them in terms of having available airframes ready to go.

And once the battle was over, Hitler realised that Operation Sealion was not possible, as the RAF had air superiority over the UK mainland and the channel to some extent and any invasion force would be rich pickings for the Royal Navy.

So I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but your assumptions are just plain wrong. After the Battle of Britain the Germans were not coming here.

Europe is a different matter. With Sealion failing to emerge, Hitler started Barbarossa. In doing that he sealed his death warrant. The Russians simply picked up their heavy industry and moved it East, and waited until they were ready to hit back, absorbing an awful lot of punishment in the process. Their raw material, strategic fuel and manpower reserves meant they outstripped the Germans many times over - even if their tactics and some equipment was inferior they had a massive numbers adavantage.

As has been stated, the US entered WW2 in Europe after Pearl Harbour, but did so in something of a disorganised manner - Britian actually had to send a fleet of destroyers to the US to counter the U-Boat threat because the US military did not take the idea of U-Boats being so far east seriously. Up to a year after the US declared hostilities East Coast ports and shipping ran fully lit, giving a huge advantage to the U-Boat commanders and shipping manifests and convoy routes were still being wired routinely to Swiss insurers and being intercepted by the Nazis.

Yes the US helped with the Liberation of Europe, and yes, the lend/lease programme supplemented the available equipment in the east and western theatres, and YES, I think all us British people thank those who gave their lives for that help, and it will never be forgotten - BUT... you didn't save Britain directly. We saved ourselves between July and October 1940

You did help in saving mainland Europe, and the Russians bore much much more of the savagery of the Nazi's than either the US or the UK lead Commonwealth did in terms of war dead and civilian casulaties. Indeed, had the US not intervened Europe would have probably become entirely communist, rather than facist, with the Soviets winning out in the end because of the numbers game.

As for Frankies topic, yes, I would like to think we would help. Quite how we'd do it is beyond me - certainly a test of arms would be difficult - bear in mind that three/four US carriers hold more available immediate threat than the RAF can bring to bear immediately, and that the majority of forces in Europe were traditionally geared towards a land war with the Russians.

Trying to invade the US is a cold war myth best saved for films like Red Dawn and video games, because there is no way at all that a sizeable force could come ashore undetected that would be large enough to subdue home based US forces pre-atomic devastation, and any use of nukes would undoubtedly be reciprocated in kind, leaving not much to fight for.

More likely, the aid would come in the form of covert operations, much like the SOE in WW2 and the various resistance movements, attempting to bring about a coup - probably all we could do tbh.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

We saved you all during WWII...

We even helped you Brits out...

So why not help us when these globalists reveal their true agenda to the public?

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Frankidealist35]

You officially ended your own thread when you made this statement, and removed any chance of reasonable answers to your question....

In Answer to the Original post , if it was in my/our power (U.K) to help you i would be for it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Were allies any better than Nazis anyways? You were allies with Soviet Union, a country that killed even more civilians than Nazi Germany. It was Soviet Union together with Germany that pretty much started WW2 in Europe. Soviet Union attacked like 10 countries for no other reason than expansion. Did you condemn it? No you did not. After all you were allies with them. What good did allies ever do to Eastern and Northern parts of Europe (Norway excluded)? Nothing. For us you were worse than Nazi Germany. We're supposed to be thankful?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
What good did allies ever do to Eastern and parts of Northern Europe? Nothing. For us you were worse than Nazi Germany. We're supposed to be thankful?

what is it you expected the west to do, exactly?

as far as i know russia didn't directly occupy a great many countries, they didn't need to, the peoples of eastern europe were quite happy to toe the party line and quickly inform on their neighbours, friends and even families in order to be good comunist drones.

the peoples of eastern europe were willing cogs in the machine for the most part, as will most americans and europeans when the 4th reich is declared. revolution and opposition will be shut down easily because most people don't want freedom, they just want to be better than their neighbours in the eyes of authority.

this is the great lesson the soviets and all their little suckling piglets have taught us.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

No i think if it wasn't for America the Soviet Union would have over run Europe. But clearly the Russians beat the Nazi's. As for the E.U coming to help Americans, nah, Americans need to help themselves right now we have seen what happens when an outside force meddles in or overthrows a Tyrannical or Democratic leadership (Iran,Vietnam,Cambodia, Nicaurga, Chile, Indonesia Afghanistan,Iraq) To name but a few, we would not want to repeat the same old American mistake of arrogance, ignorance and over confidence.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
what is it you expected the west to do, exactly?

Declare war on Soviet Union. This is what allies (Soviet Union obviously excluded) would have done after they were done with Germany had they been the good guys who "save" everybody. But you didn't care. Nobody did. Eastern Europe stood all alone against Soviet Union.

as far as i know russia didn't directly occupy a great many countries, they didn't need to, the peoples of eastern europe were quite happy to toe the party line and quickly inform on their neighbours, friends and even families in order to be good comunist drones.

Russia didn't. Soviet Union on the other hand invaded at least Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland and Romania. They tried to invade Finland twice but couldn't. It's said that this was the one thing that convinced Hitler to attack Soviet Union. So really you all should thank Finland. We saved all your asses by convincing Germany to fight at 2 fronts

[edit on 28-4-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
All the Western countries are at risk from the same group of Totalitarian Globalist bastards. The US, UK and Australia are all a long way down the rabbit hole, and others no doubt also. When whole countries become mad, then things can start to move in the opposite direction.

Non- compliance on a mass scale will work because there will be losses to the elite and they intensely dislike such outcomes, not to mention they are in fact a very small minority. No value adding there

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
OMFG,are we supposed to believe that britain bombed to bits,lost their foothold in their seas and trapped on an island waiting for germanies greatest warship to pound their coasts a new A-hole was going to miraculously fight the nazi-germans back who were high on heroine,battle experienced,tactically superior(blitzkrieg),and had rommel(who correctly assumed the normandy landings,but was downplayed by hitler) and another famous german general at coastal france waiting to invade, without support from america?

On another note, probably no,america is just too big,for small countries to support ununited without internal help,there's too many soldiers in that one continental mass.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

We saved you all during WWII...

We even helped you Brits out...

So why not help us when these globalists reveal their true agenda to the public?

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Frankidealist35]

As far as WW2 goes America did very little compared to countrys like Russia and the UK, saying you saved us all is pathetic and sickening. That respect should go to first Russia then second the UK.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

No respect what so ever should go to Soviet Union. They were even worse than the Nazis.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Okiminletsdoit!
america is just too big,for small countries to support ununited without internal help,there's too many soldiers in that one continental mass.

according to wiki, the US currently has 3,385,400 soldiers it can call on,

germany has 683,150
france has 780,085
italy has 534,350
the UK has 429,761
spain has 579,050
greece has 472,600
poland has 418,300
portugal has 281,430

that's only eight of the EU countries and the US troops are well out numbered. i think you have an overblown sense of the might of your own military, not that you're the only american to have one of them.

oh yes, hang on, i'm wrong, sorry, i forgot, i didn't take into account that an american soldier is worth ten of any other country, who-ra.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Europeans-- if the USA came under control of a tyrannical govt would you save us?

Simply put........NO

Though I would save Barack Obama, his wife, kids, the first pet, remainign stealth fighter/bombers and AF1.

Apart from thast, it can all go

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
First of all why people keep quoting Wikipedia as an academic source, i don't know...

Secondly i will try to refrain from getting involved in the World War II debate, but i can't promise you that i won't. I was thinking what would all the men and women of that time who lost their lives think of us today bickering over who really won the war and who did the most etc etc.
Yes fair enough, i do have my opinions about the whole affair, but i have the utmost respect for ALL those who lost their lives regardless of whether they were British or German etc.

Now onto the topic....would Europe save America if it came under a tyrannical regime? Hmmmm lets see. Well all the torture, secret CIA Prisons, Guantanamo Bay, the illegal invasion of Iraq, total disregard of other countries opinions and international law. Then you would expect us to come and "save" you. Apart from the fact i think it would take a looong time to launch such a military operation, i'd say that you would probably have brought such a government upon yourselves and that therefore you should save yourselves. There we go that's my opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
reply to post by SKUNK2

No respect what so ever should go to Soviet Union. They were even worse than the Nazis.

Many other dictatorships have also been very nasty throughout history, yet your government has supported them. Saddam and Pinochet come to mind.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Of course they wouldn't. They are already under the rule of tyrannical governments, which they seem to favor. They would probably support a tyranny in the US, especially if it furthered their own agendas.

America would be on it's own, but that's nothing new. To be honest, we would be alot better off without their aid.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
First of all why people keep quoting Wikipedia as an academic source, i don't know...

me? personally i find wikipedia as good as any other website out there. there are enough people checking it to ensure that it is fairly accurate for the boring details and they reference all their figures.

there is always the possibility of error, deliberate or otherwise, not choosing a user generated source as a source is because it is generated by people is just a way of saying it's worthless if you don't need to pay for it.

it's intellectual snobbery and to be fair, dismissing a fact because of the source and not the detail is pretty lazy.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Few points to take into consideration.

1. The American Revolution.

2. U.S.A has the best Armed forces in the World.

3. Covert help (from countries that would love to topple the government, kinda like what America does to the rest of the world now).

4. Logistics of invading America.

5. Who is the Tyrant? you have already got rid of Bush.

6. What do we get for helping, America got most of Europe after WII as well as some countries in Asia and again not counting all the puppet government around the world.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Im from the UK.. a lil place called Wales (AKA the Shire) as i call it.

Would we help you? of course....but the first course of action should be to get all the troops and police in your country to wake up..when that happens the powers that be will have no power.

if that doesnt happen then i dont know. All Governments are controlled by the same ppl so the only way to stop them is not to listen to them.

Other than that the PPL of the UK would rather watch Dancing on Ice.

Bill Hicks "Go back to bed America, everything is fine. Go back to bed America, we have figured it out. Shut up...heres American gladiators...heres 300 channels of it.. go back to bed America"

and so on.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Uh yeah,i did use the word ununited didn't i?smaller countries alone won't stand a chance,not that they'd even try considering the shocking opinions here!,but together they stand a chance,however i wouldn't underestimate america yet,what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Okiminletsdoit!
reply to post by pieman

Uh yeah,i did use the word ununited didn't i?smaller countries alone won't stand a chance,not that they'd even try considering the shocking opinions here!,but together they stand a chance,however i wouldn't underestimate america yet,what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

the union part of "european union" suggests ununited to you?

what doesn't kill you sometimes makes you weaker too, take losing you arms and legs for instance.

Originally posted by bharata
2. U.S.A has the best Armed forces in the World.

are we talking hollywood or real world here?
i mean, if we're talking propaganda, the US has it nailed but actual military might, i dunno, seems to me that a few farmers with AK's keep kicking your asses, again and again and again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join