It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans-- if the USA came under control of a tyrannical govt would you save us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You know-- that our government is becoming more and more tyrannical. There aren't enough people who are waking up to this reality. People are just swept up with the ideology that brainwashes them in college-- that you have no freedom, that owning property is slavery (that's what people are taught in schools), that capitalism is evil and that it's just selfishness. People here aren't taught the values of freedom. People are taught all sorts of lies about the government in primary and secondary education. If the government decides to go all tyrannical on us-- and decides to turn on both the right and the left-- to the point where none of us have anything to look to in our own country-- and the army gets brainwashed like armies of the old generations... would you save us from such a tyrannical government? I would hope that our army saves us-- but-- given their recent actions I think that there are factions of the army that are in the tank for the government. I'm not asking for you to be a permanent force on our country-- just-- would you pay the same respects to us if such a thing were to happen to us?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
lol
Well if they didnt when Bush was in charge your outta luck buddy.
Obama is a friend to all.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

You had your chance to be part of the "Empire" you made your choice very clear.

And since Europe is ruled by London i would say ummmm no.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

We saved you all during WWII...

We even helped you Brits out...

So why not help us when these globalists reveal their true agenda to the public?

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Two Words my friend:

NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

And the fact that the tyrannical cabal would not hesitate to use them, friend or foe.

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
tell ya what,
we'll sit back and see what happens for at least 2-3 years and if, after 2-3 years, japan attacks one of our major ports, we'll send a small token force and some weapons.
then, after someone else has done all the hard work defeating tyranny, we'll spend the next 50 years boasting about how we saved your asses.

na, just kidding, if your government goes all tyrannical on you we'll impose sanctions and stop you importing medical and food supplies until your government collapses.

no, no, i'm just pulling your leg, what we'll do is support a rebellion or military coup by some even more tyrannical dictator that will do whatever we want him to do and insist that he set's up death squads to go around disappearing anyone who criticises the situation.

okay, okay, seriously now, we're actually more civilised than that, we'll just ignore you guys the same way we ignore everyone else.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
no, too many gay jokes at england. and french hating americans...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillian

You had your chance to be part of the "Empire" you made your choice very clear.

And since Europe is ruled by London i would say ummmm no.

Well I'd say "dream on". Europe ruled by London that's just a wet dream Blair and co had. Hell they don't even have the EURO as currency, indeed I see them leading Europe very well = the wrong way, same as they drive on the wrong side.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
In short the answer is no.

not because we wont want to. I'm English and I like America, been several times and loved every moment
What the major drawback would be is the Government. What would happen is that they'll have a debate,
then research,
debate over the research,
commission an inquiry into the original research,
check what other countries are thinking about,
copy some of their findings,
debate about the findings,
more research,
more debate,
commission a secondary report concerning the second debate and not the first one,
publish a condensed version of the 3rd debate and not the 2nd as this would be detrimental to the government,
examine what expenses can be milked from this,
increase the amount of expenses available to MPs who are entitled to claim,
debate about the expenses and who gets what,
set up a board of enquiry to handle the research then debate about their findings.

...All this whilst ignoring the people who would be outside protesting about the treatment of Americans, and getting beat up by the police for defending your rights.

And eventually, when we DO come and rescue you, you'll thank us by making several movies about it, using American actors with dodgy English accents and making out America saved itself

Point is, we'd get there eventually, but we have red tape that would need to be adhered to.

EDIT: You DO have some oil over don't you?

[edit on 27/4/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If the US came under a tyrannical Government , the chances are the UK would go exactly the same way ( that is if the present government could be argued to be non-tyrannical ). So we would be likewise oppressed . Our government follows yours , thick or thin , right or wrong . If anything , you'll see British Para's and SAS over there putting the smack down on any dissent from the citizens if the US Govn't asked the UK for help . The only chance would be some of the other European nations.. France or Germany perhaps , but they would not outright go against the US Govn't . At best , maybe clandestine activities to help US citizens from within to defeat their Govn't.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
1)No on e can "save us" except ourselves. We live in a country that is blessed with the ability to revolt every four years. Its called elections.

2)You really think that the EU is not in on whatever is happening in the U.S.?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Ok I’m from Australia just to clear things up.
But that still means you saved us in ww2 and I am grateful for that.

But what you need to understand is that every country is going to be on their own if TSHTF. Why would any civilized nation want to attack another one no one will come to your rescue.

Who would you ask?

Are you saying the EU, because the only time they will be in your country is as peace keepers after you have a civil war (Which seems very possible)

I’m not trying to flame you, I just don’t think any Nation or Nations will come to your country and try to take control and then hand it back to you once their finished helping you out of your tough spot.

Once the states have had enough and start succeeding from the union, you will start building an army one state at a time.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
the real answer is probably that most of the world would try to stop a tyrannical gov't in North America (or elsewhere if the danger was as great) if only they could free themselves first.

even then, the the first thing would be boycotts. not so sure about actually invading, though, because that is way out of reach and would most definitely NOT be welcomed by most. iirc, there's still the 2nd Amendment, if you can keep it you'll always be head and shoulders above the inhabitants of former Nazidom.

Originally posted by MajesticJax
Two Words my friend:

NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

And the fact that the tyrannical cabal would not hesitate to use them, friend or foe.

bad move, if you give that impression to the world, everyone will wish to gamble right and this probably means some kind of sneak attack, likely everyone with strategic weapons on everyone so they can't shoot first.

imho the best aspect about nukes is that they have actual expiry dates, so they won't go off at any appreciable yield in 2100AD if some fool pushes the wrong button on the strange oversized paperweight he just found in his shed.

[edit on 2009.4.27 by Long Lance]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
not possible. sorry mate. the governments here will use same scenarios as yours. and even if they won't, there is no way that they will agree in our UE parliament for any reasonable resolution to do so.

the only help (and that I can guarantee) you can get from us - people. if you would feel that it is less difficult to survive in UE, just come on board. you are all (almost) welcome.
together, somehow we work the way out.
cheers

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

We saved you all during WWII...

We even helped you Brits out...

So why not help us when these globalists reveal their true agenda to the public?

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Frankidealist35]

Oh not this again! For the last time you yanks didn't help anyone out during WW2. The war started in 1939 and America didn't get itself involved until 1942 after Pearl Harbour. Churchill tried to get you to help us but the American people didn't want to get involved. The UK stopped Hitlers march across Europe with the Battle Of Britain and turned back Germany's forces. Rather than keep on regurgitating this bu****it you should hang your head in shame that you didn't help sooner. . .
As for us Europeans helping save America from it's government? When this eventually happens it wont only be the American government that turns on it's own people but governments right across the world. Watch the news, you can already see it beginning to happen, at least you can here in the UK.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Are you kidding? Sure we would help. Imagine Obama goes mad and the fema camps get filled with people, they take your guns and force everyone in slavery.
The first answer will come from Moskau: "Capitalism has failed". Then europe will discuss whom to join (in the end we would choose russia), so, two or three years after oblivion europe, china, japan, russia and EU would kick asses. Except UK i suppose. After this, no one will speak anymore about the disgrace that we needed to be rescued in the dark ages.

So good luck, see you in approx. 4 years

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Can we say parties in the streets all across Europe? From all the reading I have done most of the world despises the US beyond words and would probably rejoice in seeing us ground under the heel of some oppressor. Foreign policy for the US is a damned-either-way situation; if we don't act we get this:

Rather than keep on regurgitating this bu****it you should hang your head in shame that you didn't help sooner. . .

And when we do get involved we get heads of state telling us to mind our own damn business. I suspect most of Europe would resolve to watch internal conflict within the continental United States tear the government and the people to shreds and then once the dust has settled into ruin would simply co-opt us into their ranks as yet another milestone in worldwide conquest.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

True. Can't argue that, but FACT is we DID come... Even if it's 3 years later. We bailed you out. Bailed Europe out.

Ohhh, and if anyone "defeated" the Germans, pushing them back, it was the Russians, not the brits, imo.
Americans lost just as many lives as the Brits. Around 400,000.

If if wasn't for Americans, you'd all be speaking GERMAN right now!

Shame on YOU.

My 2 cents is that UK & USA have the same interests.
Guess where UN is headquartered? The Big Apple my friend.
If we go down...you go down. That's why the "people" should stick together, if it came down to "us and them".

Who's side r u on?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

If if wasn't for Americans, you'd all be speaking GERMAN right now!

Oh dear. What do they teach you people over there in the US of A? Whatever it is it certainly Isn't history, or at least fact based history. Mind you this is the country that makes films full of historical inaccuracies and then releases them to its own people who it knows gains their knowledge from Hollywood and not from school.
Yes, America did help us out but only after, quite some time after, it realised that the UK and it's commonwealth friends had turned the tide of the war. Once Hitler knew he couldn't invade the UK he turned his attention to the east and Russia and this was his downfall.
In no way, shape or form did America save Europe. In fact you could argue that America, since WW2, has caused more harm and destruction to Europeans as it continually spouts this, "We saved you from the nasty Germans", nonsense to blackmail countries into joining your ridiculous wars.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

It wasn't England who came and stopped the Japs from taking over Australia it was the USA.
So they saved us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join