It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US declares public health emergency for swine flu

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The weird thing about this virus is that it can kill you by causing your immune system to flood your lungs with mucous and fluid and that can kill you.

And it seems to be worse in people who are in prime health.

Perhaps the better your immune system the more severe your condition could be if you are infected?

Hopefully soon they will have more answers and perhaps this will be contained and over with soon.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Doesnt it sound kind of like the people at the CDC are dissappointed that it isnt killing us?

i think it has to do with heat differences, maybe water. But if this is the same strain that is killing people (which i dont think it is) then why is it acting different. could be enviromental factors, or maybe americans are healthier than people in mexico?

I would have thought that if this was truely a superbug scare your pants off, then we would have seen a lot more deaths in a densely populated area.

I dont think this is the way well be going out. Probably a precursor if anything.

Watch the real pandemic spread from the antivirus.

Wouldnt bringing all the sick people together in one place for vaccinations cause more problems spreading the virus really quickly? Chances are pretty low you would even come in contact with the virus, until you went to get vaccinated with everyone else who thinks they are infected with it?

watch out people, and dont willingly go through deaths door...

OH on a lighter note
i found this game that is SEVERELY ADDICTING
www.crazymonkeygames.com...

create a superbug that wipes out the world. bet ya cant get madagascar!!

[edit on 4/27/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Swine Flu and Martial Law

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars
April 26, 2009

If the outbreak indeed turns into a global pandemic, as WHO seems to think, we can expect not only quarantines, but the imposition of martial law in the United States. In fact, the government has planned for just such a scenario for some time now.

[edit on 4/27/2009 by Katie]

[edit on 4/27/2009 by Katie]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I have read many scary things on here but this swine flu is starting to freak me out. I dont like reading the posts because it really scares me. This is not good! I live in FL and so far there hasnt been a case of it here but it still worries me. I find it odd that it's popping up all over the world. I truly believe this was done to us and it wasnt no accident and I think that's what is most disturbing to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I find it odd that it's popping up all over the world

We are never more then a few hours away from even the most remote places on earth. I can leave work now and be in New York in time for the Late Show.

There is nothing odd about it. Almost all the reported cases have a clear link with travel to Mexico in the recent past.

There is NOTHING mysterious about how it is spreading.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

The biggest threat to "the citizen" right now are diseases. Think about it. There are at least 300 million people in the US alone. If some evil malevolent force wanted to kill us all, it would take a lot of resources to do it. You can't just gas everyone. Do you know how much it would cost, even to do that to a fraction of the population? So disease is the answer. It might take some money to develop it but once you get it started it will spread leaving death everywhere. Maybe thats what they had in mind.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shinjiikari2839

I have to respectufully disagree, especially with this situation.

I think the greatest threat to public safety, is what it has been for millenia, undue panic.

I see even people here at ATS becoming probably far more paranoid than they have to at this juncture based upon this swine-flu reporting.

AB1

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I was waiting for something like this to make the government focus on teh border. It was coming...

I wonder if someoen engineered it.

As far as Americans being less affected by it, I wonder if that has to do with getting flu vaccines, it may not be the same, but it may be enough to bring down teh effectiveness.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

That doesn't make any sense. The flu season in the US is October to May. It has nothing to do with the weather.

Bugs do need warmer and humid environments, which is why flu outbreaks occur during the winter, because it is nice and warm and humid inside the homes. There are still areas in the country that are cooler.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Flea, Dutty is from the UK, it may be different there.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

I agree. Humans just have a fear of dying by pandemic. Fact is, right now cars are still by far, more dangerous.

Even the regular flu is still far more dangerous right now.
26,000 Americans die each year of complications from teh normal flu.

yet your freaking out about 200 people in Mexico?

You have to keep it in perspective, folks. and calm down!

Each flu season is unique, but it is estimated that, on average, approximately 5% to 20% of U.S. residents get the flu, and more than 200,000 persons are hospitalized for flu-related complications each year. About 36,000 Americans die on average per year from the complications of flu.

CDC

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

When I see post like this I go EERRRRR..........Its not about freaking out....Its about preparing........

People this flu is spreading like a wildfire and it is mutating.........It will mutate with the HN51 and become very deadly..........

There are several post on how to prepare your medicine cabnet....

But please do not take the up coming "save you all" flu vaccine Baxter will unvail in about 10 days!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

What I find odd is that the flu season ends quicker in warm climates such as Mexico. The normal flu season usually ends around February and in colder climates in March or April.

The theory is flu season ends when you can open all your windows and let the fresh air in.

Check the local weather for Mexico City.

It's sunny and 72%

[edit on 27-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Even the regular flu is still far more dangerous right now.
26,000 Americans die each year of complications from teh normal flu.

yet your freaking out about 200 people in Mexico?

You have to keep it in perspective, folks. and calm down!

Thank you. I haven't read through this whole thread but it's nice to see at least one person with their head screwed on straight about this. CNN probably engineered this as a reason to bring Dr. Sanjay Gupta on, they probably pay a huge retainer fee for him and want their moneys worth. Not one person in the US has died from this, people are recovering without tamiflu or any medical intervention. My guess is that people in Mexico aren't as healthy in general. As mentioned above, the human flu blows this out of the water every single year. Anybody remember SARS? That was surely going to kill us all, and was engineered by the NWO to begin depopulation. That went nowhere, just as this will. We are almost into summer, this thing has no chance to keep going very long, IMO.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i find this strange

www.who.int...

pdf to get info about swine flu has been removed

it was supposed to be here

www.who.int...

[edit on 27-4-2009 by digitalwarrior]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If you want to protect yourself from swine flu just get yourself a big tube of oinkment - tee hee hee

Seriously, it's being blown way out of proportion.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So I guess Micheal Jackson doesn't look so loony now... heh

Get your Mask out!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I just want to chime in and call shenanigans again.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

Originally posted by FredT

Given the reports of outbreaks in NYC now and 5 states total im not surprised. However, I strongly believe that the US should restrict border crossings as the panic spreads in mexico and people start moving north.

Also HLS has released 12 million doses of Tamiflu from its stockpiles to the 5 states with cases. Hang onto your hats its going to be interesting

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

If you get a shot of this crap - you may live, but your brain probably wont.

Elderberry extract is a powerful anti-viral - get some - clinical trails show it halves duration and severity of flu like viruses.

The problem with influenzas in general is the cytokine storm: your own immune system gone haywire and killing the infected person. Elderberry is shown to be immune enhancing. That is something you DO NOT want in this case (or in any auto immune disease).

Immunodulators are substances that calm down an overexcited immune system. These are herbs and so on one can buy in a health store.
Curcumin (also in supermarkets)
Cat’s Claw
Devil’s Claw
Inosine
Gammalinoleic acid
Fish Oil/EPA

Another list of immunomodulators (there is an overlap): ginger, turmeric, pokeroot, cleavers, devil's claw, licorice, autumn saffron, boswellin, curcumin, arnica, bromelain, German chamomile, licorice, white willow, witch hazel, and capsaicin.

Herbs are not harmless, some of them may cause internal bleeding, particularly if taken with blood thinners.

To be really effective, one has to take a substance that kills viruses without exciting the immune system. I know for sure that garlic fits both bills.

Oregano oil is the strongest biological killer of all sorts of pathogens including viruses. Yet I still not know if it works on the immune system also and if so if it enhances or calms it.

One has really to research these things and make educated buys (as educated as possible).

Some of the products listes are cheap. Just add a lot of raw garlic to your dishes. Curcumin can be bought grounded in the supermarket and costs little. Chamomile tea is also cheap (take care: is a blood thinner!).

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Some of the products listes are cheap. Just add a lot of raw garlic to your dishes. Curcumin can be bought grounded in the supermarket and costs little. Chamomile tea is also cheap (take care: is a blood thinner!).

Don't forget that kissing a warty toad, dancing naked in the moonlight, and a course of leaches is also recommended for curing all kinds of serious illnesses.

You'll only need to resort to such serious measures if the garlic or witch hazel doesn't work though.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Power_Semi]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join