It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
sorry mods somehow my post was posted twice please delete this one

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu... is up !!!! (but please, people... if it is your sheer volume of observers, try to avoid crashing it again, k?

OK.

New epidemic alert in Florida. - hisz.rsoe.hu...

It says 4 dead, 22 infected. This wasn't there before the site went down yesterday... What is this? False alert I am guessing, since this is the first I have seen of it. Still, curious.

Glad the site is back up!!! (For now, at least)

EDIT: Nevermind the Miami thing. A simple search shows a Meningitis outbreak... Unrelated to flu - www.upi.com...

[edit on 26-4-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I think the fact that the Media has proclaimed "Pandemic" really means that the crap has hit the fan. We all know the media downplays everything to avoid causing choas and panic. For them to just come out and say it- well- Id say its beginning to really scare everyone.

Also, I would deffinately like to see air travel haulted if this thing goes into full force. How terrifying it is now that our entire globe is connected by air travel and how easy it is for virus's to spread.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
i cant get on the site - can you elaborate on Florida??

saw your edit - thanks!

[edit on 4/26/2009 by Tadarida]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I posted in the breaking news just now about the Florida thing, after much struggling with it.

www.abovetopsecret.com... Meningitis outbreak reported in Miami

The pattern of the outbreak is puzzling, Conte said, because those infected with the disease are scattered around Dade County. He said that the cluster is the first in the United States involving the W135 strain.

Figured ATS might find interest in that also... omg what is going on.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Meningitis doesn't really have anything to do with that Mexican Flu, does it? I wouldn't freak too much. Seems like there are a few Meningitis outbreaks every spring.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drumist69
Meningitis doesn't really have anything to do with that Mexican Flu, does it? I wouldn't freak too much. Seems like there are a few Meningitis outbreaks every spring.

No it doesn't have anything to do with the Mexican flu. There are meningitis outbreaks globally all the time. Nothing to get worried over.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up.
Nothing abnormal.

Damn, kinda afraid of going to bed, and missing something. We've been fed the same repeated news all weekend, it seems.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Thanks for clearing that up.
Nothing abnormal.

Damn, kinda afraid of going to bed, and missing something. We've been fed the same repeated news all weekend, it seems.

Go to sleep. It will all be here when you wake up...Just like always!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
They now have a special report on 3 News in New Zealand on the Swine Flu. They are about to have a live press conference with Minister of health a 8pm but just said they are not and finished the report. They said they thought he was going to confirm some of them were infected with the Swine Flu. They have gone back to regular programme now and said they would update.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Hey everyone, this is my firsy post, so i hope i'm not messing things up!!
I was wondering if anyone knows whats goin on with the 'RSOE EDIS Emergency and Disaster Website' ? Its been down since last night.
Very strange considering whats happening.
I check this site often and don't remember it ever being down for so long.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Just had a breaking news report on TV here in New Zealand and the news wasn't good.
10 confirmed cases in Auckland from a group that recently arrived back from Mexico.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Dr.Venkman]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by solarsicarian

Sorry!! Scratch the last post, meant to send it hours ago!
My brain is failing me, must get some sleep!!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
A press release has just been made here in New Zealand.

We have ten positive results for influenza, with swine influenza strain most likely.

Stuff.co.nz

Ok, now I'm getting WORRIED.

you were too quick for me Dr V....

[edit on 26-4-2009 by antmar]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by antmar

I just read that report on another site, yes this is intmidating. It has already spread around the world. I think the average healthy person has not much to worry about, however most of the deaths have been young people, not children, elderly or sick. Scary.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
My read on this is that this strain affects "young" healthy adults most strongly. By young I mean 20-40...I put young in quotes because I am at the top of that category! From what I've read, infants and elderly are at minimal risk. Healthy young adults seem to be at greater risk.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Mexico's Health Secretary, Jose Cordova, said a total of 1,324 people had been admitted to hospital with suspected symptoms since 13 April and were being tested for the virus.

"In that same period, 81 deaths were recorded probably linked to the virus but only in 20 cases we have the laboratory tests to confirm it," he said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So it seems it has been around for at least 12 days now. Incubation period?

the WHO said the virus had the potential to become a pandemic but it was too early to say whether that would happen.

Oh so it's still only 'a potential'... still nothing confirmed.. Just what the heck is going on here? is it or isn't it?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well, they're not sure yet I suppose. I really don't think the CDC would F around deciding to lock things down state-side if they knew it was going to get bad. They don't want a pandemic any more than you do. Seriously.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Just to confirm that there are 10 confirmed cases of Influenza A in New Zealand in a group of school kids who have just come back from a school trip to Mexico. They say Swine flu is likely, not 100% confirmed yet.

There are breaking news banners overlapping shows on the TV so it's a big thing ATM.

This is scary, I thought we'd be relatively safe from this. Lets hope it doesn't get into the South Island!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Can we agree on ONE thread only on this?

One of this two shoud be closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join