It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

* The World Bank estimated in 2008 that a flu pandemic could cost $3 trillion and result in a nearly 5 percent drop in world gross domestic product. The World Bank has estimated that more than 70 million people could die worldwide in a severe pandemic.

World Bank estimated in 2008

“If a mass casualty critical care event were to occur tomorrow, many people with clinical conditions that are survivable under usual health care system conditions may have to forgo life-sustaining interventions owing to deficiencies in supply or staffing,” the report states.

To prepare, hospitals should designate a triage team with the Godlike task of deciding who will and who won't get lifesaving care, the task force wrote. Those out of luck are the people at high risk of death and a slim chance of long-term survival. But the recommendations get much more specific, and include:

*People older than 85.

*Those with severe trauma, which could include critical injuries from car crashes and shootings.

*Severely burned patients older than 60.

Those with severe mental impairment, which could include advanced Alzheimer's disease.

*Those with a severe chronic disease, such as advanced heart failure, lung disease or poorly controlled diabetes.

Decided in 2008

Should this 'blow up' in the US, the PTB have already decided who would not be treated as the emergency grows.....

I take care of my mom - she is 75 but has been experencing COPD for the last year & taking 4 breathing treatments daily. This would be devasating for her! We are in the southern panhandle of Texas - I am thinking Texas could be severely hit by this.

I, also, work in a call center and am taking precautions. But, once somethiung like this may start - in a center like mine - there would be no stopping it.

Everyone?? Please take care & keep a close watch in your area.....

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Swine flu spreads to france

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gourlay
the latest interesting twist i have seen is, where's Obama?

supposedly he was relocated recently following an intrusion into the no fly zone above Washington.

Has he been seen since? If not why? does he have signs of Swine Flu? or staying away as a precaution?

CNN says:

President Barack Obama, who visited Mexico last week en route to the Summit of the Americas in Trinidad and Tobago, is not sick.

"The president's trip to Mexico has not put his health in any danger," spokesman Robert Gibbs said.

[edit on 26/4/09 by dmorgan]

[edit on 26/4/09 by dmorgan]

link   
reply to post by juan_galto

The reason ppl with strong immune responses are more likely to
die from this variant is the Cytokine Storm.

The same thing happened in the 1918 pandemic.

Cytokine Storm

The current fatality range is mostly 20 - 40 yrs of age and that is
similar to what happened in 1918.

Mexican doctor discloses real mortality figures

Also as the BBC has covered they are lying about how many ppl
are dying to try to prevent wide spread panic.

Survival Blog's info on the outbreak

Good Luck to you all !

link   
Sky news just reported that a case of Swine Flu is suspected in Israel. I don't have a link, it was only briefly mentioned.

this link says suspected, but Sky said confirmed. I'm sure we will find out soon

www.ynetnews.com...

link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

I agree with what your saying, but in times of crisis news agencies have been known to be forced into limiting the facts that come out....

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well....

You can take there vaccine,
or you could try this.

Frequency 528

[edit on 26-4-2009 by costrovs]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This could be a ploy to scare and convince everyone to take a "vaccine" to protect against this "flu".

Would be the best way to get everyone really.... a "pandemic" quick, get a flu jab...

Just saying

[edit on 26/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
This could be a ploy to scare and convince everyone to take a "vaccine" to protect against this "flu".

Would be the best way to get everyone really.... a "pandemic" quick, get a flu jab...

Just saying

[edit on 26/4/09 by blupblup]

No, your right, its a perfectly good assumtion. Thats why i wont be getting any flu jab at all.. The Jab will more likely kill you before it saves you.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

I used to get flu-jabs every year...but haven't for the last 2-3 years... haven't had the flu either.

I dunno man.... I'm not saying that there is no swine-flu....but this is a perfect opportunity to dupe millions, if not billions of people.

We'll see eh?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hey guys. Words really can't describe the sense of foreboding and pure fear I'm feeling right now. Local Spanish media just confirmed 3 possible cases in the peninsula. My parents shrugged it off like nothing, and they laughed when I told them ./no ./no college or work tomorrow. And if they do force me to go, I sure as hell am walking back, no bus for me. From what I've read/heard, I SHOULD be worried. Any official sources I can cite to minimize their stupidity and thus exposure to the virus? Thanks guys!

Btw I've been coming down with something for the past few days. Does that increase my defenses against the virus or reduce them? Ty.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

# 81 deaths in Mexico "likely linked" to swine flu; ministry given emergency powers # New Zealand quarantines 22 students, 3 teachers with swine flu symptoms # Officials urge Mexicans to avoid large crowds, kissing in greeting # WHO says swine flu virus is "public health emergency of international concern"
cnn.com

The New Zealand students just got back from a trip to Mexico. "International concern"? Yeah, it should be! When are they going to restrict travel? Why have they not done this already?

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Pamie]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Azure Twilight

There has been one case of H1N1 in late 2008 in Spain.

H1N1 in late 2008 in Spain

I do not think it is exactly the same as the virulent one in Mexico.

The one in Mexico has genes from 4 strains they now confirm.

First ever reported like it.

The new strain has been reported in France thou, so it will not be
long before it spreads across the world.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pamie

# 81 deaths in Mexico "likely linked" to swine flu; ministry given emergency powers # New Zealand quarantines 22 students, 3 teachers with swine flu symptoms # Officials urge Mexicans to avoid large crowds, kissing in greeting # WHO says swine flu virus is "public health emergency of international concern"
cnn.com

The New Zealand students just got back from a trip to Mexico. "International concern"? Yeah, it should be! When are they going to restrict travel? Why have not not done this already?

Some might think they want it to spread by their total lack of action.

Quarantine is known to work.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
81 dead and 1300 infected in Mexico??

That's a lot of infected.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
check this link

www.theglobeandmail.com...

April 24, 2009
Baxter pharmecutical ACCIDENTALLY got the deadly H5N1 bird flu mixed into seasonal flu vaccines, then accidentally 'forgot' to irradiate it and then 'accidentally' shipped it out to 18 countries.

ACCIDENTALLY YA OK

[edit on 26-4-2009 by knowneedtoknow]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by knowneedtoknow

If it is now a known fact then the 18 countries receiving these batches of vaccines will immediately destroy them. Any idea which are these countries?? Mexico for sure

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Canada and Israel both has reported cases.

New Zealand has 10 in total. The mortality rate is expected to increase, dramatically, if the disease spreads to Asia.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
students in new york city with unknown strain.....on sky news now?

weird..

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I just heard Sanjay Gupta say that the proper mask to wear is a N-95 mask and that others are ineffective in protection.

How I have paid no attention to this in the past few days is beyond me. I guess I have tons of reading to do this morning. Stay healthy everyone.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join