It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 346
<< 343  344  345    347  348  349 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by captaintrippy
Swine Flu May Be Human Error, Scientist Says; WHO Probles Claim

Adrian Gibbs, 75, who collaborated on research that led to the development of Roche Holding AG’s Tamiflu drug, said in an interview today that he intends to publish a report suggesting the new strain may have accidentally evolved in eggs scientists use to grow viruses and drugmakers use to make vaccines. Gibbs said that he came to his conclusion as part of an effort to trace the virus’s origins by analyzing its genetic blueprint.

Wow... that's a pretty bold public statement to make. How soon until this guy is whacked and/or discredited?

The folding of those nucleoproteins I told you folks about two days ago has begun to bring in results which are alternately pissing people off or scaring the hell out of them. We're still a long way from a public release of information about an intentional release of a laboratory virus. Many within the CDC will assume it was an accidental release without some very compelling evidence otherwise.

I'm told the origin of the virus may be attainable from the analysis. Should the origin be determined and not be linked to the release location....

Expect the first tactic to be denial. They'll bury this report, probably edit it or delete it completely. Get those screenshots right now!

If the story grows legs then we'll see an effort to bring out a few big names in virology to counter the old man's assertions.

Edit to add:
Denial tactic already underway, they rolled out teh head of the CDC influenza program to counter:

No Evidence

“We are interested in the origins of this new influenza virus,” she said. “But contrary to what the author has found, when we do the comparisons that are most relevant, there is no evidence that this virus was derived by passage in eggs.”

Strangers in the night...... exchanging completely opposing positions...... which one is right? the contradictions......

[edit on 12-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
May have already been posted here but just opened up to this article on my home page. This is the first mention on the homepage I have seen in over a week. Sorry about the copy and paste. This was on AT&T homepage and that is the only way I knew how to post.

Until Later,
Millionaire Mommy

Developments on swine flu worldwide
Published: 5/12/09, 1:25 PM EDT
By The Associated Press
(AP) - Key developments on swine flu outbreaks, according to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization and government officials:

_Deaths: Global total of 63 - 58 in Mexico; three in U.S.; one in Canada and one in Costa Rica. Officials said the Canadian, U.S. and Costa Rican victims also had other medical conditions.

_Confirmed cases: Estimated 5885 in 33 countries, including at least 2,282 in Mexico, 3,009 in 45 U.S. states, and 330 in Canada.

_Swiss pharmaceuticals company Roche Holding AG says it's donating enough Tamiflu to WHO to treat 5.65 million people. Tamiflu is one of two anti-viral drugs effective against swine flu.

_China says it has tracked down and quarantined most passengers who were on flights with the mainland's first confirmed case. The man is a Chinese graduate student at the University of Missouri and became ill while returning to China.

_A study published in the journal Science estimates Mexico may actually have had 6,000 to 32,000 cases. It also estimated Mexico may have had 23,000 cases by April 23, the day it announced the epidemic. The study estimates that between 0.4 percent and 1.4 percent of swine flu cases are fatal.

_WHO says up to 2 billion people could be infected if outbreak eventually turns into pandemic. But WHO flu chief Keiji Fukuda says it's too early to tell how widespread or severe the outbreak will become.

___

On the Net:

CDC: www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

This one may be to big to hide with so many world scientist on it. I believe our goverment here in the US may have some thing to be worried about.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blc4r4

If they can hide trillions of dollars ,,,,,,,You don't think they could hide this

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blc4r4

Yeah, "let the finger pointing begin!!! "....another diversion that will last all summer long. I can't wait.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm getting the overall impression from general figures, articles and the manner of the press conferences that this situation is worsening behind the scenes.

I hope i am wrong but i just don't see why the WHO and CDC are coming out with bold statements if the situation was fine and dandy.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Updated confirmed cases for today:

Washington, DC - Swine Influenza, Swine Flu National Update - Tuesday May 12 11:00AM EST - CDC continues to take aggressive action to respond to an expanding outbreak caused by novel H1N1 flu. 3,009 Cases in 45 States resulting in 3 deaths.

As of 8:00AM PST time Tuesday, May 12, 2009 reported 3,009 United States cases 3 U.S. deaths:

Alabama - 9
Arizona - 187
California - 193
Colorado - 44
Connecticut - 28
Deleware - 45
Florida - 55
Georgia - 4
Hawaii - 6
Idaho - 2
Illinois - 554
Indiana - 61
Iowa - 55
Kansas - 22
Kentucky - 10
Louisiana - 20
Maine - 6
Maryland - 23
Massachusetts - 107
Michigan - 133
Minnesota - 24
Missouri - 14
Montana - 1
Nebraska - 19
Nevada - 12
New Hampshire - 16
New Jersey - 7
New Mexico - 30
New York - 192
North Carolina - 11
Ohio - 7
Oklahoma - 14
Oregon - 74
Pennsylvania - 17
Rhode Island - 7
South Carolina - 32
South Dakota - 3
Tennessee - 54
Texas - 206 cases - 2 Deaths
Utah - 67
Vermont - 1
Virginia - 17
Washington - 176 cases - 1 Death
Washington, DC - 7
Wisconsin - 437

Source

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
OK this is weird. I almost didn't post the article because I am so new here and mostly just follow the posts. But now I am glad I did. Normally articles stay up on my home page a long time, sometimes all day. But for some reason this one was up and down almost as quickly as I copied and pasted it. Replaced with some mundane article under the health topic. Anyway, thought that was odd.

Until Later,
Millionaire Mommy

P.S. You guys are awesome keeping up with all the latest info. Thanks all of you for posting for us lurkers and readers.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Professor Adrian Gibbs was also involed in something I mentioned early on Xenotransplantation or pig to human transplantation of pigcells to humans in order to correct diabetes. He was involed in the work of making the human body except foreign pig cells which could make the human body susceptible to pig dieases as well as the pig cells that were intended to correct diabetes.
Porcine endogenous retrovirus encodes xenoantigens involved in porcine cellular xenograft rejection by mice.
Porcine endogenous retrovirus encodes xenoantigens involved in porcine cellular xenograft rejection by mice.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

What scares me is this bugs ability to pick up genes from other viri so easy.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Rhode Island Pandemic Flu Plan 2005/2006

Infuenza pandemic planning is based on the following assumptions:

• Susceptibility to the pandemic influenza subtype will be universal.

• The clinical disease attack rate will be 30% in the overall population. Illness rates
will be highest among school-aged children (about 40%) and decline with age.
Among working adults, an average of 20% will become ill during a community
outbreak.

• Of those who become ill, 50% will seek outpatient medical care.

Slow Transmission of Disease

HEALTH will assure the implementation of public health strategies to slow the
transmission of disease, thereby spreading the demand for healthcare services over time:

• Close and cancel: All day care services and schools will be closed at the first sign of
pandemic influenza in the State. Similarly, large public gatherings (e.g., concerts,
sports events) will be cancelled.

• Modify SOPs in healthcare facilities: All healthcare facilities will adopt emergency
operating procedures, dividing patient care areas into segregated units for influenza
and non-influenza patients, modifying rules for patient and visitor traffic, and
providing personal protective equipment for staff and patient use. In addition,inpatient facilities will discharge all patients who can be supported at home, cancel
elective procedures, stand up units for the observation of newly admitted inpatients,
and stand up surge capacity beds.

• Promote personal prevention and home care: (See section labeled Prepare the Public
for an Influenza Pandemic).

• Distribute vaccines rapidly and strategically, as available: Vaccines effective in
preventing a circulating strain of pandemic influenza may become available in
quantity before Rhode Island becomes thoroughly engulfed in disease, during the
crisis, or in the “calm” between pandemic waves. The Medical Emergency
Distribution System (MEDS) will be initiated at this time to administer vaccine
throughout the state.

This is just a snip of what they have listed in their pandemic plan. Most states have something similar to this. After reading them, it appears to me that when WHO moved the H1N1 to Level 5, the US states began to follow these plans. Schools were closing, daycares, etc... Then it was announced that the flu "was mild" and the implementation of these plans were no longer obvious . Something changed. Plans went as they were intended too and then just stopped. The only reason given was the term "mild". Yet on the news, WHO and CDC state repeatedly it's overall effect on society remains unclear and potentially very serious . In the span of about two weeks, something changed. What did TPTB really discover? Just thinking out loud.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by EDteach]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

About behing human error...

Well... there is so much report everywhere that tell H1N1 is manmade... I think we got the confirmation here.

And what a nice way to tell the world it is manmade... That's just an error folks!

In my opinion, if it were a REAL error, we would know that at the first place and they would have said it, reported it like that at the first time.

Now what... a scientist now is waking up and saying... this could come from our lab you know, we made some errors and bla bla bla...

THEY KNOW in my opinion, every detail, where it come from etc... Now the perfect excuse. Manmade but... just an error.... yeah right.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EDteach
Rhode Island Pandemic Flu Plan 2005/2006

In the span of about two weeks, something changed. What did TPTB really discover? Just thinking out loud.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by EDteach]

They just realised that there's nothing to about this virus anymore. Its spreading to the whole world is inevitable.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
They run multiple pandemic simulations with computers every year and the one thing they always have in common is that they cannot push the big red alarm button fast enough.

By the time they hit the panic button and start shutting down points of entry the virus has already gotten past them and is spreading. When you look at the month plus head start the bug had in Mexico before everyone caught on to it, well - now you see why it was a bit too late to put the horses back in the barn, so to speak.

Look at Illinois and Wisconsin, does that even make sense for them to have that many cases? When you compare Texas and California to those states it becomes very clear that either we have some extremely wide differences in testing going on or someone's playing "record company accountant" with the numbers.

Someone really thinks we are morons or assumes there's nothing we can do about it either way.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

So the WHO's main responsibility now is to maintain an illusion of control over this matter?

A false sense of security for the people?

How most people can buy into this is beyond me!

It's gonna do what it's gonna do. If we were really wanting to control this, we'd have followed Russia's actions of shutting down international flights ASAP.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Many Swine Flu Cases Have No Fever
May 12 2009
www.nytimes.com...

Many people suffering from swine influenza, even those who are severely ill, do not have fever, an odd feature of the new virus that could increase the difficulty of controlling the epidemic, said a leading American infectious-disease expert who examined cases in Mexico last week.

Fever is a hallmark of influenza, often rising abruptly to 104 degrees at the onset of illness. Because many infectious disease experts consider fever the most important sign of the disease, the presence of fever is a critical part of screening patients.

But about a third of the patients at two hospitals in Mexico City where the American expert, Dr. Richard P. Wenzel, consulted for four days last week had no fever when screened, he said.

“It surprised me and my Mexican colleagues, because the textbooks say that in an influenza outbreak the predictive value of fever and cough is 90 percent,” Dr. Wenzel said by telephone from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, where he is chairman of the department of internal medicine.
More at Link...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

could this have anything to do with pneumonia leading to many of the deaths, like H1N1 is a hybrid flu and pneumonia sort of thing (i know nothing about this lol but im guessing), therefore a lot of cases lack fever like a typical flu.

What would be really interesting to know is whether the majority of the dead had this absence of fever - that would point us in the right direction.

just my 2c

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Like I stated earlier...it has me confused as well, for now...

WHO, flu experts looking into claim H1N1 swine flu evolved in lab, not nature
1 hour ago
www.google.com...

Autopsy links Snohomish County man's death to swine flu — despite family's skepticism
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Health authorities prepare to limit flu drug use
www.reuters.com...

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by millionairemommy

Um...1.4% of 2 billion is 28 million people.

28 MILLION PEOPLE DEAD?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Like I stated earlier...it has me confused as well, for now...

WHO, flu experts looking into claim H1N1 swine flu evolved in lab, not nature
1 hour ago
www.google.com...

Autopsy links Snohomish County man's death to swine flu — despite family's skepticism
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

The family of the Washington State victim are probably freaking out because the man died of pneumonia and probably had a mild case of the flu. To them it probably looks more like his supposed heart condition killed him than the flu. I think that's one of the issues about this virus that bothers me so much. It really seems to pick the most random people to kill. When so many people seem to just get a mild flu and recover (at least so far, we still have to get past the 20/30 day secondary infection line).

When they roll out the head of flu for the CDC to start denying the genetic findings that point to a lab origin before the WHO has even really begun to audit them, well I can guess what the eventual findings will be. They will no doubt find nothing that proves a lab origin or have a ready made "alternate explanation".

I think the next 24 hour news cycle will be dedicated to bringing up the analysis and spreading the denial so the legend can be built. This is the time to pay attention and collect evidence in the form of screenshots and videos. After 48 hours the purge and replacement will be too far along to counter.

top topics

<< 343  344  345    347  348  349 >>

join