It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 348
<< 345  346  347    349  350  351 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by daddio

I'm sorry. Your article doesn't make sense in the details. I actually agree with one part about some viruses being important to human health for "cleaning out" the system - or at least I think that we've adapted to have a use for them. However, I limit that to Noroviruses since our body doesn't develop immunity to them.

A detail that should make your spidey senses tingle - how do you think a person would survive well with vomiting, diarrhea, if they drink little and consume nothing else? Shouldn't that trigger you to realize that you'd become severely dehydrated? That a parent following that would have a good chance of having a dead child? How is it that this doesn't trigger an alert in your head that the person writing this either doesn't have a clue, or is actively promoting things that will kill you or a loved one?

www.whale.to...

See, this is what really pisses most poeple off here that do lengthy investigations and post data. I only posted snippets from the ENTIRE 50 page article found at the link above. READ THE WHOLE DAMN ARTICLE AND EDUCATE YOURSELF!!! See some people here go out of their way to research and re-research there findings and then post here. Other people here only want to read tidbits and FEEL like they are informed and intelligent. Bullocks, wake up and read the whole thing!!!!!!!!

[edit on 12-5-2009 by daddio]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Is it just me or is this thread a little bare today? (No Pun Intended)

I didn't know Tuesday/Wednesday was a "Big Bacon Off-Nite"

Hmmm...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Is it just me or is this thread a little bare today? (No Pun Intended)

I didn't know Tuesday/Wednesday was a "Big Bacon Off-Nite"

Hmmm...

LOL off bacon night....

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
With all the news about the WHO looking into one respected geneticists claims that the No Bueno Flu originated in a lab, I wanted to stop for a second and point out that a few of us were posting that fact close to a month ago. (That CDC researchers and other insiders were seeing some indications of a man-made origin).

Regardless of what the WHO decides to feed the press I've reached my own conclusion.

It looks like the ATS thread beat the media by a huge margin on this one.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lunieri

Basically I was just wondering how long it's been since some have posted on here...

I'd hate to think anything bad has happened to them "Out There"...

In Mexico City, Doubts over H1N1
www.pbs.org...

Four nations lift temporary bans on pork import from Mexico
2009-05-13 10:49:57
news.xinhuanet.com...

One suspect A/H1N1 flu case remains in Chile
2009-05-13 10:29:20
news.xinhuanet.com...

Hmmm...
East China's Shandong reports four more deaths from hand-foot-mouth disease
2009-05-12 06:06:39
news.xinhuanet.com...

[edit on 5/13/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Ok its been 2 weeks + now since this broke on the news and based on all the previous posts and the time lag between infection and hospitisation/death we should start finding out soon how dangerous this wave is. I believe we in the northern hemisphere should be 'relatively' safe for the next few months due to it being summer here but down south we will get a taster of what it will be like here in 5 months or so.

Figures still all over the place so will be difficult to tell though.

See this map for instance www.h1n1.name...

It's showing NZ as having 175 cases suspected/confirmed.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Mycoplasma has nothing to do with this, right?

Wow, since we are on a Conspiracy site......

I have two pet rats, little girls. We are fighting very hard to overcome Myco!!

Every rat not born in sterile environment, from a sterile mom, usually C-Section, is infected with Myco.

If this flu reacts at all with the same Mycoplasma.... Rats would spread the plague, again. Easily.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Interesting..

Prepare for 'excess deaths', ban travel, postpone Euro elections.
A secret battle plan to tackle swine flu is warning Britain must be ready for a wave of "excess" deaths.
And the plans, shown to the Cabinet's emergency Cobra committee yesterday, reveal that doctors are looking at 437 possible cases - seven times the official confirmed number of 68.....

Link

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
WHO Data - ACTUAL - As of 06:00 GMT, 13 May 2009

Date - Confirmed - Deaths - (Countries)

27/04 - 73 - 7 - (4)
28/04 - 105 - 7 - (7)
29/04 - 148 - 8 - (9)
30/04 - 257 - 8 - (11)
01/05 - 367 - 10 - (13)
02/05 - 658 - 17 - (16)
03/05 - 898 - 20 - (18)
04/05 - 1085 - 26 - (21)
05/05 - 1490 - 30 - (21)
06/05 - 1893 - 31 - (23)
07/05 - 2371 - 44 - (24)
08/05 - 2500 - 44 - (25)
09/05 - 3440 - 48 - (29)
10/05 - 4379 - 49 - (29)
11/05 - 4694 - 53 - (30)
12/05 - 5251 - 61 - (30)
13/05 - 5728 - 61 - (33)

An average 32.9% increase of confirmed cases each day
An average 15.8% increase of deaths each day

WHO Influenza A(H1N1) - update 27

13 May 2009 -- As of 06:00 GMT, 13 May 2009, 33 countries have officially reported 5728 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection. Mexico has reported 2059 laboratory confirmed human cases of infection, including 56 deaths. The United States has reported 3009 laboratory confirmed human cases, including three deaths. Canada has reported 358 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Costa Rica has reported eight laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Argentina (1), Australia (1), Austria (1), Brazil (8), China (3, comprising 1 in China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, and 2 in mainland China), Colombia (6), Cuba (1), Denmark (1), El Salvador (4), Finland (2), France (13), Germany (12), Guatemala (3), Ireland (1), Israel (7), Italy (9), Japan (4), Netherlands (3), New Zealand (7), Norway (2), Panama (29), Poland (1), Portugal (1), Republic of Korea (3), Spain (98), Sweden (2), Switzerland (1), Thailand (2), and the United Kingdom (68).

WHO is not recommending travel restrictions related to the outbreak of the influenza A(H1N1) virus.

Individuals who are ill should delay travel plans and returning travelers who fall ill should seek appropriate medical care. These recommendations are prudent measures which can limit the spread of many communicable diseases, including influenza.

Further information on the situation will be available on the WHO web site on a regular basis.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnb

It's showing NZ as having 175 cases suspected/confirmed.

Hi John,

Here in New Zealand we have:

Confirmed = 7
Probable = 12
Suspected = 50
Quantine =

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
some lame idiot hacked the swine flu wiki page

2009 swine flu outbreak From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
swine flu.... well some times # happens!!!! lol

edit - good its back.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by jonny2410]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Some more headlines

A nursery and a primary school in Greenock are to be closed for a week after two children were confirmed as probable swine flu cases.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Mexico's health minister has denied allegations by Fidel Castro that the country intentionally failed to reveal the existence of swine flu last month.

news.bbc.co.uk...

This is a week old now but lists restrictions/cautions by country
The world response to flu crisis
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Thailand confirms first two flu cases

Thailand yesterday confirmed its first two cases of influenza type A (H1N1) in patients who had returned from Mexico, becoming the 31st country to be hit by the virus so far.

"There were two confirmed cases of type A (H1N1), both of them contracted in Mexico," he said. "These persons are now well, not sick, without fever. They are now in a normal condition after undergoing a five-day antiviral regimen. The patients have fully recovered and returned home."

The Health Ministry no longer needs to send samples to the US for confirmation.

The Nation

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The fact that half of the severe cases have no fever like all other flu really bothers me. I can't understand why

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I've been watching the obits in a regional Iowa newspaper for possible flu cases. Today two obits are for women in their mid 50's who died of a brief or sudden illness. Another obit is too new to have details but the woman was 48. There were also two men, both aged 56, one who died after a brief illness, and one who died while planting corn. There were 15 obits in total. Source: Cedar Rapids Gazette

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

i wouldn't be surprised if some of those were H1N1

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
When you are young and sick, your parents decide when to get you medical help. By the time you reach middle age, you decide for yourself. When my mom was 50 back in 1974, she caught the flu from other family members. She woke up sick at about 6:30 A.M. She became more and more ill as the day wore on. Against her protestations, my dad took her to the hospital in mid-afternoon. By 6:30 P.M., she had been given the wrong med and she died.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
As usual, sorry if I'm late with the information

www.google.com...

MEXICO CITY (AP) — With swine flu still spreading, the U.N. health agency is warning countries to limit their use of antiviral drugs to only high-risk patients to ensure adequate supplies in case the virus should mutate and become more dangerous.

The global outbreak appears mild, but skittishness is evident. Not long after Switzerland lifted its advisory against travel to Mexico and the United States on Tuesday, the Japanese national women's soccer team canceled a tour to North America, where most swine flu cases have been reported.

The World Health Organization said Tuesday that antiviral drugs should be given to only patients most at risk.

Its comments appeared aimed at European countries, which have been using antiviral drugs such as Tamiflu and Relenza much more aggressively than the U.S. and Mexico, administering them whenever possible in an attempt to contain the virus before it spreads more widely.

Officials from EU and Latin American nations, including Mexico, were meeting in Prague on Wednesday to discuss ways of combating the threat.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hmmm...read this...am I missing something???

H1N1 Spreads To 3 New Countries; WHO Raises Pandemic Alert
May 13, 2009 7:52 a.m. EST
www.allheadlinenews.com...

A(H1N1) virus threat still looms over RP; cases rise to 5,728 in 33 countries
05/13/2009 | 07:45 PM
gmanews.tv

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Hmmm...read this...am I missing something???

H1N1 Spreads To 3 New Countries; WHO Raises Pandemic Alert
May 13, 2009 7:52 a.m. EST
www.allheadlinenews.com...

A(H1N1) virus threat still looms over RP; cases rise to 5,728 in 33 countries
05/13/2009 | 07:45 PM
gmanews.tv

That article seems kinda strange. THey say they raised to level 5.

I've been watching the obits in a regional Iowa newspaper for possible flu cases. Today two obits are for women in their mid 50's who died of a brief or sudden illness. Another obit is too new to have details but the woman was 48. There were also two men, both aged 56, one who died after a brief illness, and one who died while planting corn. There were 15 obits in total. Source: Cedar Rapids Gazette

Thanks for that info novacs4me. That is kind of scary as I am also in Iowa. I hope that soon the PTB will start giving us the true numbers.... but I doubt they ever will.

new topics

top topics

<< 345  346  347    349  350  351 >>

join