It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 345
<< 342  343  344    346  347  348 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Hmmm...very strange indeed...a snippet from the article...now I'm not sure what to think
...just wanted to pass it by Ecoparity...

MAILBAG: THE BIRD FLU PANDEMIC MYTH
www.rumormillnews.com...
(per Redpillblues)

~
HOW TO PREVENT AND CURE ALL VIRAL INFECTIONS -- The Temperature Connection

Viral DNA can only replicate or grow like a crystal, if the temperature of the host cell liquid cytoplasm is below 100 degrees F, and it "prefers" a temperature of 96F or below. For "cold-blooded" birds and reptiles this can occur all year long, but mostly in winter. For humans and most mammals this lower body temperature condition actually occurs during sleep and when under stress. This lower body temperature may also occur when exposed to cold winter weather. This is why winter is flu season.

A human "fever" above 102F completely stops all viral replication, giving the immune system T-cells and macrophages enough time to track down and destroy the invading virus. Lowering the fever temperature with modern over-the-counter cold medications can kill you. The only thing an annual flu shot does is speed the process of T-cells finding certain viruses. The flu shot does not actually give immunity or prevent infection, especially if the person also takes cold medications or prophylactics such as Tamiflu which lower the body temperature and thwart the normal immune system fever response. It could actually be deadly.
More at Link...

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

They have found flu antibodies in reptiles and estimate 83% or so have them which indicates a pretty wide spread flu infection among reptiles at some point in history. The author is confusing the issue by adding in birds, however. They have a much higher body temperature than humans, reptiles somewhat lower. The flu can adapt to live at a wide range of temperature.

Tamiflu doesn't bring down your fever, it actually causes you to get one as a side effect to some extent.

I agree that a fever is not always a bad thing but with the flu you don't know if the flu thrives at higher or lower temperatures. Patients are reporting some scary extremes of temperature with this virus, from 95/6 on the low side to 109. (Yes a fever of 109 is within the survivable range for humans, I wouldn't want to be the subject, however).

The article as written has some pretty bad information in it, sorry.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

That was my original thought as well...

The bird temp/metab as to reptile temp/metab and the swine temp/metab didn't add up for me either...

It seemed to me the lower human body temp was an attempt to get "out of range" and lowering your temp might well be good, but, hmmm

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

You know the progections in that last article seem more like what would ahve actually been in effect "last" month. I mean if we where to go by the hard core beginging percentages prior to the media shut down it would alreayd have hit those numbers last month!

Still a very sobering look at what can bo on the horizon in a very short time here.

To Add:
You know Hx "fever" is a very tricky thing from person to person. There are many factor's outside of the virus or cold bug causing it that can cause some life threatening situations. Me for example...
I have epilepsy and asthma, now unlike a normal person who could most time's easily handle a fever of say 102.5 I hit that and as soon as I try and rest or fall asleep I WILL have a seizure. (Most times I just pass out) Where as a normal healthy person would just be uncomfotable. My eldest son is the same but my other two jsut turn red and have to take a combo med to keep them at a safe level. When they where young I NEVER let the doctor's totally wipe a fever off them as it is their bodies way of combating illness and guess what?
My eldest has only been sick 5 times now his entire 15 years, my 14 year old has now been sick 4 times and my 13 year old also 4 times. (15 year old had chicken pox's). There is alot to consider with letting the body naturally handle illness as a way to build up a good defence.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
“I am concerned about thousands of Americans, but I am not alarmed”....(not enough to change or stall my political agenda--my words) --President of the United States-

What we need now is accurate information about clusters of infected people throughout the US and the world. We also need protective measures. The failure of our government to put basic protective measures in place is massive malpractice on the part of the United States Government in my opinion.

OOPs! Edit death out of quote. I had sent this comment to a friend and added death myself for emphasis. When I posted it here, forgot to take it out. My point being, some people have died and currently the only precaution I am witnessing is a probable vaccine in the future and keep our hands washed.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by EDteach]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's one of those ironic things in life that 50 years ago this same virus would have burned itself out before infecting more than a dozen, probably half that.

The concentration of human habitats, extent of travel networks and widening of our food markets means that a virus like this that barely has the power to even jump from one host to another is spreading "like nothing we've seen before".

Yes, it's a low power mover but it's very infectious and it came around at just the right time of history, even of the year to spread itself into a short hop network of the population.

There are viruses we know of already in existence sitting in a host somewhere waiting to make the leap, viruses which are a lot better at jumping than this one.

Real change and real action means we need to set up more monitoring stations and networks like in the Bush meat video I posted earlier. If the CDC and WHO and World governments really want to prevent things like this we should see them talking about this course of action.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EDteach
“I am concerned about thousands of Americans dying, but I am not alarmed”....(not enough to change or stall my political agenda--my words) --President of the United States-

Wow I had not heard that one! NOT the proper thing for any person in his position to be saying at anytime EVER!
Any life lost under his watch is on his shoulder's period. It isn't whether or not he "feels" he should be alarmed; it is his responsibility to ensure the safety of each and EVERY American citizen. (criminal or not mind you)
Do you have a linky that would contain the above referenced quote from your post I would really like to read it in it's entirety. I know he has made a hail storm of speeches and speaking engagements all over the world. But I hadn't heard him refer to this in that way before.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

That was my original thought as well...

The bird temp/metab as to reptile temp/metab and the swine temp/metab didn't add up for me either...

It seemed to me the lower human body temp was an attempt to get "out of range" and lowering your temp might well be good, but, hmmm

When an article like that is tied to selling something my alarm bells go off. One of my contacts and I had been discussing all the reports of low body temp associated with the pig flu and had reached an opinion that it was a mutation in the virus trying to shut off the fever response. That's why we wanted people who were up to it to try and raise their temps back to normal or slightly higher.

We fine tuned our search engine and found a whole slew of reports we'd missed that started pointing in the opposite direction. Right now we've decided to make sure it's been noticed by the medical orgs (which it has) and stand back and let them do what they do. The lawyer centric world we live in means they probably won't come out and tell people to encourage higher or lower body temps to fight the flu, however. It might make it's way into the hospital care regimen for treatment of patients in danger of dying from the virus / secondary illnesses.

We're still watching and waiting for them to make some form of announcement about the secondary infections (pneumonia) and possibly implement a vaccine recommendation for specific at risk members of the populace.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

This is very well true just as you put it. But one thing we must consider is that many countries don't share the same ideal's and beliefs of even their closest neighbor.
Not to mention that the law's from one country to the next vary so widely that implementing a program of that nature would be one of a monumental taking in any form we tried to implement.
I think the creation of the WHO was at first a way to try and make it happen.But as time has shown it is more or less an agency to insure that all member countries "financial status" and "trade industries" aren't tanked by a pandemic at any level.
The basis of the creation was there to make something happen. But like most governmental bodies it was corrupted in the beginning stages and is now nothing more than a mouth piece for the financial elite of any one country to be protected by.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

This is very well true just as you put it. But one thing we must consider is that many countries don't share the same ideal's and beliefs of even their closest neighbor.
Not to mention that the law's from one country to the next vary so widely that implementing a program of that nature would be one of a monumental taking in any form we tried to implement.
I think the creation of the WHO was at first a way to try and make it happen.But as time has shown it is more or less an agency to insure that all member countries "financial status" and "trade industries" aren't tanked by a pandemic at any level.
The basis of the creation was there to make something happen. But like most governmental bodies it was corrupted in the beginning stages and is now nothing more than a mouth piece for the financial elite of any one country to be protected by.

Yeah, sadly the people who have the mandate and the money are not the ones doing the most critical work. Dr Wolf's team is doing more to prevent future pandemics than the entire WHO and they're doing it on the money of contributors with a grass roots methodology.

Of course, part of the solution for Wolf's team is educating the natives on infectious disease / food safety and forming groups to try and address the poverty and conservation issues. These small villages can be taught to move in a sustainable direction and lift themselves up out of poverty and prevent global pandemics at the same time.

The UN, WHO and so on want them poor and starving. Depopulation means they need to be starved to death even if it means they'll eat endangered species into extinction on the way out and spread the most dangerous viruses into the global population as well.

There's a lesson there on the way good and evil re balance, Karma, whatever you want to call it.

If you guys didn't stop to watch the video I posted, please take the time. It's extremely important to educate yourselves on the real how and why of these things.

Here it is again, Bush meat, the gift that keeps on giving

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That's why we wanted people who were up to it to try and raise their temps back to normal or slightly higher.

We fine tuned our search engine and found a whole slew of reports we'd missed that started pointing in the opposite direction.

So...if I'm reading this correct and "Inferring"...there might be a case made for a Lower Temp Option?

I'm not trying to "dispense" any medical advise to any posters/lurkers...just "Pickin' " his Cranium

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Swine flu update: 555 cases in Illinois

I live in Illinois, near Chicago. We have the highest number of cases in the country. I have not yet heard of anyone I know or anyone anyone else knows being sick. Nothing out of the ordinary to report here. No one seems to be concerned.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)
May 12, 2009, 11:00 AM ET
3009 total cases of novel H1N1 flu, 3 deaths, 45 states affected
www.cdc.gov...

US, Kansas: State officials confirm case of influenza A (H1N1) in Geary County bringing state total to 23. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

US, Nevada: State officials confirm seven additional cases of influenza A (H1N1) in Clark County brining state total to 16. #swinefluless than 5 seconds ago from web

US, Oregon: Health officials confirm a total of 74 cases of influenza A (H1N1) statewide. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

US, Oklahoma: State Officials Confirm Six New Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Bringing State Total to 20. #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

US, Florida: One new cases of influenza A (H1N1) is confirmed in Flagler County bringing state total to 56. #swineflu5 minutes ago from web

DHEC: 32 H1N1 Cases in South Carolina
www.wspa.com...

Malaysia Issues Travel Advisory On Influenza A (H1N1)
www.bernama.com...

Attendance plummets at Shawnee school with H1N1 outbreak
www.kansascity.com...

French health officials confirm 13 A/H1N1 flu cases
2009-05-12 23:43:28
news.xinhuanet.com...

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Swine Flu May Be Human Error, Scientist Says; WHO Probles Claim

Adrian Gibbs, 75, who collaborated on research that led to the development of Roche Holding AG’s Tamiflu drug, said in an interview today that he intends to publish a report suggesting the new strain may have accidentally evolved in eggs scientists use to grow viruses and drugmakers use to make vaccines. Gibbs said that he came to his conclusion as part of an effort to trace the virus’s origins by analyzing its genetic blueprint.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
# UK, London: Three Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; UK Total Case Count Rises to 68 #swineflu6 minutes ago from web

Sorry if it's already been posted!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Sounds to me no virus likes 98.6 think ill try to keep mine there.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
IOWA: Official says numbers don't tell the story of flu in Marshall County

more than 300 patients who’ve visited in the past week have shown symptoms of the virus

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

About 70 percent of those contacted are still ill more than seven days after they first felt symptoms of the virus, Coleman said. And about a quarter of households with suspected cases of the virus have seen significant illnesses spread through their households.

“They’re pretty miserable by the time they come to us,” La Rae Schelling, the hospital’s chief operating officer, said at a Tuesday morning press conference. “You’re out of work seven to 10 days. That’s a lot of lost time.”

In Marshall County, at least one percent of the population has exhibited symptoms consistent with the H1N1 virus.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintrippy
Swine Flu May Be Human Error, Scientist Says; WHO Probles Claim

Adrian Gibbs, 75, who collaborated on research that led to the development of Roche Holding AG’s Tamiflu drug, said in an interview today that he intends to publish a report suggesting the new strain may have accidentally evolved in eggs scientists use to grow viruses and drugmakers use to make vaccines. Gibbs said that he came to his conclusion as part of an effort to trace the virus’s origins by analyzing its genetic blueprint.

Wow... that's a pretty bold public statement to make. How soon until this guy is whacked and/or discredited?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ALL official numbers are not reflecting the reality! Real figures are at least 100 times higher!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

For him to step out.......I fear for his life......

UPDATE::: I Fear For My Life.......

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintrippy
IOWA: Official says numbers don't tell the story of flu in Marshall County

more than 300 patients who’ve visited in the past week have shown symptoms of the virus

About 70 percent of those contacted are still ill more than seven days after they first felt symptoms of the virus, Coleman said. And about a quarter of households with suspected cases of the virus have seen significant illnesses spread through their households.

“They’re pretty miserable by the time they come to us,” La Rae Schelling, the hospital’s chief operating officer, said at a Tuesday morning press conference. “You’re out of work seven to 10 days. That’s a lot of lost time.”

In Marshall County, at least one percent of the population has exhibited symptoms consistent with the H1N1 virus.

Two things to keep in the front of your mind as you read the press resports which will help you to see between the lines:

1. Everyone who has died has actually died of pneumonia, either a viral type which came on as a secondary infection due to the way this virus leaves the host primed for infection or a bacterial form which takes hold in the damaged areas of the lungs in hosts who had a strong immune response ie "cyto storm" fatality.

2. The other common factor is that these secondary infections take place between 10 and 20 days from the date of infection.

I'm not surprised to see reports that families are seeing a plethora of varied infections sweep through behind the flu. Even people who had a mild case of it that passed quickly are reporting ongoing "chest colds", "bronchitis" and "sinus infections". The virus, though seeming "mild" to many seems to leave the host immune system in poor condition ranging from devastated to sensitive to the numerous upper respiratory bugs which thrive at this time of year.

I'm starting to wonder if the virus picked up genetic bits from a viral pneumonia and his actually co-infecting certain patients.

top topics

<< 342  343  344    346  347  348 >>

join