It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 347
<< 344  345  346    348  349  350 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Could this have been released on us would they do that. www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blc4r4

Link wont work.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is an interview with Dr Henry Niman about the swine flu and his insight into the WHO pandemic alert process and what he felt we could expect as of late April. Let's see if the ATS media thing works:

The interview has been released for public use by the Jeff Rense show under the creative commons license.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Ill try this again.www.bariumblues.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blc4r4
www.health.state.ny.us...

I have a request, when you post a link would it be possible to get a summary of what you're posting a link to and what the point of it is?

There are so many researchers independent of the governments examining the virus, medical facilities around the world testing for it and gathering samples it's highly doubtful they could "spray" a mycoplasma and tell everyone it's the flu.

Releasing a mycoplasma for pneumonia in addition to the flu virus might be a viable biological warfare tactic but I think someone would have detected it in large quantities over numerous states and countries by now. I guess one never knows though if you really think about it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Here's the Science journal findings that were mentioned a few pages back...

Pandemic Potential of a Strain of Influenza A (H1N1) : Early Findings

A novel influenza A (H1N1) virus has spread rapidly across the globe. Judging its pandemic potential is difficult with limited data, but nevertheless essential to inform appropriate health responses. By analyzing the outbreak in Mexico, early data on international spread, and viral genetic diversity, we make an early assessment of transmissibility and severity. Our estimates suggest that 23,000 (range 6,000-32,000) individuals had been infected in Mexico by late April, giving an estimated case fatality ratio (CFR) of 0.4% (range 0.3% to 1.5%) based on confirmed and suspect deaths reported to that time. In a community outbreak in the small community of La Gloria, Veracruz no deaths were attributed to infection, giving an upper 95% bound on CFR of 0.6%. Thus while substantial uncertainty remains, clinical severity appears less than that seen in 1918 but comparable with that seen in 1957. Clinical attack rates in children in La Gloria were twice that in adults (

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
@ecoparity, have you formulated a theory as to why Ill and Wisconsin have such a high number of cases? I keep wondering about this and haven't seen anything that points to an explanation.

Just thought I would ask,
Thanks,
FMF

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Mycoplasma is very hard to detect there is no way the average doctor or lab can find it look at the problem with the testing they are all chasing there tails. Compare the two you decide. My point was I believe this is no accident could they do some thing like this I think so . Read what I posted you decide. As for how I post im learning.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blc4r4

In that article they say Dr Guilford B. Reed released mosquitoes in Punta Gorda Florida in 1957. Dr Guilford B. Reed died in Febuary of 1955. After seeing that problem with the article its hard for me to beleive any of it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Many Swine Flu Cases Have No Fever
LAWRENCE K. ALTMAN
Published: May 12, 2009
Many people suffering from swine influenza, even those who are severely ill, do not have fever, an odd feature of the new virus that could increase the difficulty of controlling the epidemic, said a leading American infectious-disease expert who examined cases in Mexico last week.

Fever is a hallmark of influenza, often rising abruptly to 104 degrees at the onset of illness. Because many infectious-disease experts consider fever the most important sign of the disease, the presence of fever is a critical part of screening patients.

But about a third of the patients at two hospitals in Mexico City where the American expert, Dr. Richard P. Wenzel, consulted for four days last week had no fever when screened, he said.
www.nytimes.com...

I found this really interesting, particularly given many of us have been discussing the unusual temp drops some of us experienced.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by phoenixs1]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blc4r4

Regardless of the difficulty in testing for mycoplasma the flu virus is pretty easy to detect and verify in samples. There is definitely a flu virus so the theory that what we're seeing is actually a mycoplasma and not influenza would be less than ideal.

Hiding a mycoplasma which creates pneumonia within a flu virus is within the realm of possibility and given the way all the deaths are of a secondary pneumonia infection the possibility is being examined closely by various experts.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I do agree there is a virus but to me it seems we are dealing with more than that mycoplasma evades the immune system it wont even cause a fever.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fullmoonfairy

@ecoparity, have you formulated a theory as to why Ill and Wisconsin have such a high number of cases? I keep wondering about this and haven't seen anything that points to an explanation.

Just thought I would ask,
Thanks,
FMF

I just read an article about this but now I can't find it...strange how that happens. The gist of the article was Ill has more cases because they were reporting all suspected cases of H1N1 whereas others were only reporting cases of patients that were hospitalized or had severe flu symptoms.

Sorry ecoparity.....for jumping in....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Landmark Study Reveals Significant Genetic Variation Between Mexico's Population And World's Other Known Genetic Subgroups
(May 12, 2009)
www.sciencedaily.com...

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
reply to post by blc4r4

Regardless of the difficulty in testing for mycoplasma the flu virus is pretty easy to detect and verify in samples. There is definitely a flu virus so the theory that what we're seeing is actually a mycoplasma and not influenza would be less than ideal.

Hiding a mycoplasma which creates pneumonia within a flu virus is within the realm of possibility and given the way all the deaths are of a secondary pneumonia infection the possibility is being examined closely by various experts.

Huh? What the heck did you just say? I think I got lost - somewhere -.

Hey so what about this flu not causing fever?

What are the symptoms? You generally feel like crap, maybe vomit? Headache? I'm not sure at this point because to me, flu = fever and all that goes with that.

What am I missing?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
WHO, flu experts looking into claim H1N1 swine flu evolved in lab, not nature
6 minutes ago
www.google.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Alaska's unofficial first confirmed case reported:

Alaska official say swine flu case confirmed

ANCHORAGE, Alaska

Alaska health officials say tests have confirmed that swine flu sickened a cruise ship crew member.

The testing was done at the Washington State Public Laboratory and results were verified on Sunday, but it wasn't until Tuesday that the lab was authorized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta to issue confirmations.

The female crew member aboard the Serenade of the Seas became ill on May 2 and has since recovered after a course of treatment and CDC-recommended 7-day period of isolation.

No others aboard the ship have reported symptoms determined to be swine flu.

Alaska health officials say the case can't be considered Alaska's first case for several reasons, including that the woman became ill before entering state waters.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Castro: Mexico failed to warn about Swine Flu

Former Cuban leader Fidel Castro has accused Mexico of failing to warn the world of its Swine Flu epidemic.....

Castro said Mexico issued no flu warning for fears it may have led to the cancellation of President Obama's April visit to the country.

Original article translated by Google:
Reflections of Comrade Fidel: What went through my mind

Google translates it poorly - any native speakers who can translate it better?

Lo único que puede afirmarse ahora es que no lo introdujo la CIA. The only thing I can say now is that it introduced the CIA. Vino de México. Came from Mexico.

We were far from imagining that there and in the United States will unleash epidemic.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Worldwide confirmed cases approach 6,000 as A/H1N1 engulfs more
2009-05-13 11:08:15
news.xinhuanet.com...

BEIJING, May 13 (Xinhua) -- The worldwide confirmed A/H1N1 cases have reached around 5,914 as two more countries in Asia and Europe reported their first known cases on Tuesday.

Thailand and Finland reported two cases each after Cuba earlier confirmed its first case in a Mexican student in Havana, bringing the total number of countries with confirmed cases to 33.

In the United States, which has surpassed Mexico with most known cases, Tuesday reported that a total of 3,009 have tested positive of the virus in 45 of its 50 states, with three deaths.

The number of confirmed cases on Monday was 2,600 in 44 states, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The increase showed that the ongoing outbreak of A/H1N1 influenza continues to expand in the United States. CDC officials have said they expect the A/H1N1 flu to spread to all 50 states, to cause severe disease and more deaths.
More at Link...

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Hx3_1963]

top topics

<< 344  345  346    348  349  350 >>

join