It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 313
<< 310  311  312    314  315  316 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

Sorry! Not the dream about my sister! Please look upstream a couple of posts from that!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

First Clues in H1N1 Outbreak Came in March
Published: May 07, 2009
www.medpagetoday.com...

TORONTO, May 7 -- Patient 1 in the current H1N1 (swine) flu outbreak was a 10-year-old asthmatic boy in San Diego County, Calif., who developed fever, cough, and vomiting on March 30.

Two days later, he was treated for his symptoms in an urgent care clinic and physicians took a nasopharyngeal swab, according to Fatimah Dawood, M.D., of the CDC and colleagues.

That sample, together with one taken from a nine-year-old California girl about the same time, was the first clue that a novel triple-reassortant influenza A virus was circulating, Dr. Dawood and colleagues reported online in the New England Journal of Medicine.
Much more at Link...

Swine flu, part II: What's in store in the months to come
updated 9:46 a.m. EDT, Thu May 7, 2009
www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- With mostly mild cases of swine flu in the United States, swine flu fears are lessening. But viruses have a way of re-appearing. While nobody has a crystal ball, here are some thoughts about what the 2009 H1N1 virus might do in the months to come.
More at Link...

Mexico scrubs itself clean to combat flu outbreak r.reuters.com... minutes ago from Reuters.com

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I heard back from one source after pushing for more info on why exactly he / she was so sure this virus is man-made. I wasn't able to get all the data I hoped for but what we discussed was interesting and does seem to make sense.

"There are certain specific details about the Mexican variant H1N1 clade that point to it being lab produced, we won't go into those right now, however.

What I can tell you is the location of the outbreak is very suspect as is the timing. Influenza follows a yearly season because the outbreaks come out of the East and travel to the West. This is why we are able to compose the right vaccine each year based on the dominant strains making the yearly "migration". This clade, breaking out in the West at the end of the season breaks all the "rules". Now that in itself wouldn't be enough but it's part of the package indicating foul play.

Think about it. If you wanted to release a bio weapon against the United States this is an ideal game plan. By releasing it in Mexico you create the first outbreak as close to the US as possible in a country that is not equipped to detect and contain the virus before it can reach a large enough group of infected to enable migration. The open border between the US and Mexico with no biological screening insures the virus will spread far and fast enough into the US to prevent containment.

The close proximity insures the virus will not mutate before reaching the intended target just as not having to migrate from the West prevents it from recombining with a seasonal flu. Eliminating the seasonal migration also takes away the time needed to develop a vaccine. A release in a staging country helps to screen the origin of the virus not to mention setting up possible allies to be further down range in the epidemic stage allowing them time to block the virus from entering their countries or even vaccinate their populations.

As a bonus, if one wanted to get a bio weapon into Israel; using Mexico is a lot easier and safer than a more direct approach (if we assume the responsible party is one of a certain set of specific countries or groups).

It's a textbook attack scenario for insuring success as much as possible considering the limitations inherent to the biological agent."

-There was more which related to mutation, lethality, short term vs. long term attack scenario and so on but I'm not going to post those parts at this time for various reasons.

I have an acceptable level of confidence in this source but I can't completely rule out possible disinformation motivations or know for sure if this is simply one person's theory or not even as qualified as that person is. Take it for what it's worth and file it away as reference material as we move forward and more data becomes available (hopefully).

[edit on 7-5-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
If you wanted to release a bioweapon against the United States this is an ideal game plan.

That was my first thought about all this. Someone let it loose on our borders knowing full well that the illegals and the high traffic across the borders would bring it straight into the USA.

Mexico would be a much easier place to get the virus into then the USA.

It makes perfect warfare sense.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
now it is official! four cases confirmed in brazil!

link

[edit on 7-5-2009 by aramaki]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It's a textbook attack scenario for insuring success as much as possible considering the limitations inherent to the biological agent."

Damn you ecoparity.

As a knee jerk skeptic, I read your post and started to formulate a rebuttal. Problem is, your source makes too much sense to dismiss the theory out of hand.

And, if this could fill in some of the missing pieces as we try to understand the way this has been handled by the US Government and domestic/international health care organizations.

If the Gov't began to consider this a biological attack and this information became known, it would cause a panic that would, most certainly, send the economy into a death spiral. That might explain why all authorities began to suddenly soft peddle this. It might explain why we are sensing a change in tone as they will have to prepare the population for what they believe is to come.

I'm still skeptical because it would be difficult to keep the lid on something like this for very long. Still, I'm feeling more uneasy by the day.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hi,

Just read this, and i think its really scary..

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Pazzzzz]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pazzzzz

Yes it is a scary thought. I am also amazed at the different reactions here in Holland and in the UK to this flu. Here you hear next to nothing and we have now 2 cases. However, here they are acting like it is nothing to be alarmed about. They do say they are looking for the people who were sitting next to the patient in the plane but say that the chance of getting infected is minimal. Astounding to say that when it has spread so rapidly and shows they are definitely down playing it here.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yep,

Here in Holland they are really doing nothing to inform the public, panic is bad, but not saying a thing is the opposite..

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
reply to post by Pazzzzz

Yes it is a scary thought. I am also amazed at the different reactions here in Holland and in the UK to this flu. Here you hear next to nothing and we have now 2 cases. However, here they are acting like it is nothing to be alarmed about. They do say they are looking for the people who were sitting next to the patient in the plane but say that the chance of getting infected is minimal. Astounding to say that when it has spread so rapidly and shows they are definitely down playing it here.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Damn you ecoparity.

As a knee jerk skeptic, I read your post and started to formulate a rebuttal. Problem is, your source makes too much sense to dismiss the theory out of hand.

And, if this could fill in some of the missing pieces as we try to understand the way this has been handled by the US Government and domestic/international health care organizations.

If the Gov't began to consider this a biological attack and this information became known, it would cause a panic that would, most certainly, send the economy into a death spiral. That might explain why all authorities began to suddenly soft peddle this. It might explain why we are sensing a change in tone as they will have to prepare the population for what they believe is to come.

I'm still skeptical because it would be difficult to keep the lid on something like this for very long. Still, I'm feeling more uneasy by the day.

I don't like it much myself. There's more that makes even more sense (the best way I can put it) but I think what's there is enough and I had mixed feelings about even posting it to be honest.

The thought which keeps intruding to the forefront in my head is that this is exactly why the international ban on bio weapons should have been honored. It's no big secret that offensive research continues in the "defensive" research labs and thanks to the ongoing existence of those programs I can see how it would be so easy to create justification for war based on biological attack.

There's just some things in our technological abilities that fit the "just because we can does not mean we should" category better than others.

I really meant this: do not take this as determination of truth no matter how well it might seem to fit. File it away in the mental "post it notes" drawer and maintain healthy skepticism. I haven't figured it out yet but something is really bothering me about this.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Just don't go off on a conspiracy trip that you start sounding like this lady. INDONESIAN Heath Minister Siti Fadilah Supari "'I'm not sure whether the virus was genetically engineered but it's a possibility,' she told reporters at a press conference called to reassure the public over the government's response to the swine flu threat.
She thinks the west is fighting a biological war against her country so they can kill all the muslims there.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

She thinks the west is fighting a biological war against her country so they can kill all the muslims there.
OhH JEEZE...These people need to look further than there nose...

Ecoparity,I agree with ya on being a man made agent,strategicly it is text book..Too many variables on who woulda done it though...But remember blame could always be pointed at terrorist and the world would except it..The key is i think who could gain out of it?..I think we know the answer..

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Just don't go off on a conspiracy trip that you start sounding like this lady. INDONESIAN Heath Minister Siti Fadilah Supari "'I'm not sure whether the virus was genetically engineered but it's a possibility,' she told reporters at a press conference called to reassure the public over the government's response to the swine flu threat.

Kill the Muslims with swine flu?

What a delicious sense of irony Ms Supari possesses.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Canada

An elderly woman from Alberta, who was a confirmed swine flu victim, has died and may be Canada's first fatality from the disease - CBC.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
NAFTA ready for WTO challenges over pork: Canada

OTTAWA (Reuters) – The United States, Canada and Mexico are prepared to launch complaints at the World Trade Organization against nations who have slapped export bans on pork from the three NAFTA members, Canada said on Thursday.

So is this a North American Union plot to show how well they could work together.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

NAFTA, NAU, Amero...

Don't forget that at this right moment, there is negociations for a free trade agreement between European Union and Canada!

See!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
not feeling so good, it has me wondering?????

Yesterday I started with a massive headache and extreme fatigue, today I now have the same run down feeling, massive headache, and extreme tiredness, along with a thick feeling in my throat, swollen lymph nodes and a hoarness to my throat...and my ears ache, my temperature was only 99F.

Im not sure what to make of it, it feels like the flu but feels like its different. The mac truck feeling comes and goes, it doesn't feel constant, and I have no high fever.

Needless to say with all the reports swirling around of growing numbers, I'm gonna watch for more symptoms but want to avoid the ER because if this isn't H1N1 I sure as heck don't want to pick it up in the ER.

Has anyone else felt like this? I've tried allergy meds thinking maybe it was just a seasonal allergy but it didn't help. Im gonna drink some medicinal teas and rest up.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whoreallyknows

If in any doubt get a doc to come see you, Get a blood test to rule it out..

what part of the world are you in?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I live in Tampa, FL....there are confirmed cases in my area. I'm gonna see how i feel in the morning and call the doctors office.

I have nasty allergies so sometimes its hard to tell he difference of a strong allergy reaction, but this seems to feel odd

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Reports suggest elderly Alberta woman with swine flu has died
www.cbc.ca...
www.cp24.com...

Boy didn't take long fer twits to start taking shots

davefleet: 680News: "Canada may have first fatal swine flu death." Yeah, deaths do tend to be fatal... half a minute ago from TwitterBerry

top topics

<< 310  311  312    314  315  316 >>

join