It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 312
<< 309  310  311    313  314  315 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by aramaki
reply to

This is what gets up my curiosity. If she did have the flu, did she have that other flu that is going around? H2N3 that seems to have done a late season mutation. Is that where the difference in the original death toll comes from? That the labs confirmed that the deaths were not from H1N1, but perhaps those deaths were being caused by reactions to a different strain that has coincidentally become more vicious at the same time?

Untill now, there's not even ONE lab test taken in Brazil and in the whole South America (the one in Colombia went to the WHO), since the test kits have not arrived here yet. So, they cannot confirm anything so far.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
and Q fever!

Lets not forget that is slippering about.....

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by aramaki
reply to post by Aeons

Actually, about the brazilian lady, the brazilian government said a few days ago that she did not die of H1N1. She died of acute septicemia and lab confirmed bacterial pneumonia. But they say NO H1N1, gov. cover up? Maybe not and it was regular flu

link to the article

And here an article about today's WHO estimates (from the press conf mentioned by cosmicpix):
ht tp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1178307/Third-worlds-population-catch-swine-flu-experts-warn-new-cases-push-UK-infection-total-34.html

[edit on 7-5-2009 by aramaki]

This doesn't say that she didn't have H1N1. It says that she died of bacterial pneumonia (which probably led to sepsis).

One can have the flu, and then develop pneumonia because of the flu.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
New numbers from WHO out.
2371 infected

Official graph edited

Not changing calculations yet since i expect an RSD% of about +-5
Meaning 2500 is close enough

The new flu, an analytical approach

-Zyk

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Zykloner]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
probably develop..... but is this a given? I mean get flu flu and probably develop some bacterial infection... get swine flu and almost 90% of you will develop a bacterial infection that will then kill probably, possibly, perhaps.... 60% of you....

Or... not?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I was just watching the news: WHO says billions could be infected worldwide.

That sounds like a very serious statement!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

that was taken out of context and the scientist explicitly said to the journalists that they are NOT to go around saying that "WHO says billions will/could be infected..." only that in PAST pandemics that had been the case...but that now we have better technology and at this time they don't really have any official estimates...

todays press conference with WHO

[edit on 7-5-2009 by double_frick]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Something posted on my forum just now that made me 'almost' choke on my wine!

i just heard there are people doing 'swine flu parties' in the way our mums used to do chicken pox parties?

what on EARTH???????????

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

i just heard there are people doing 'swine flu parties' in the way our mums used to do chicken pox parties?

what on EARTH???????????

I'm half tempted to say 'good, maybe the herd DOES need a little thinning.' Seriously, it is that kind of thinking that makes me think modern civilization has it too easy and has WAY too much free time.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

what on EARTH???????????

I wonder whats on the buffet...pork pies and sausage rolls?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I saw a rumor of this earlier this week, but it sounded so stupid that I passed by the article. I can't do more than shake my head and be annoyed.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Yes yes I agree... but I was the one who's son had measles last month asking other mothers if they wanted to come expose themselves...

Like I said in a post earlier... I think 'us lot' telling people to not listen to TPTB have made it so the erm.... how can I put it... ok I cant think of a polite way to to put it so I will say the 'others' now attribute everything we have said over the years and have forgooten to stand in the middle nad look both ways...

How on EARTH would a mother think it is 'cool and funky' to have a sswine flu party!!!??

I'm trying not to laugh but seriously.... is it not laughable... ??

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fullmoonfairy
reply to post by yzzyUK

I saw a rumor of this earlier this week, but it sounded so stupid that I passed by the article. I can't do more than shake my head and be annoyed.

You're not in Chester are you? As this came from oop thar!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I heard that on the uk news too...but didn't post.
I know this might sound ridiculous and i feel so cruel to bring it up... but whats the bets on Maddie being found and returned to her parents over the next few days...way of distracting uk to whats really going on?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lucy40

As in Mcann? [sp?]

what makes you say that?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by lucy40

As in Mcann? [sp?]

what makes you say that?

There's lots of media stuff about her at the moment as it's been 2 years. Every news station has it on, along with a picture of how she might look now and of a man seen nearby when she vanished. There was even a TV program documentry on tonight.

I hadn't thought of it being a distraction as it's the 2 year anniversary but maybe Lucy40 is right. Nothing would surprise me in these crazy days.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

probably my warped way of looking at the world!!!
Ive been out the school gates this afternoon and chatting with other mothers and thats all they seem to be focused on...no swine flu...thats old news! Maddie back in their minds because of the latest publicity....no bad thing though x

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I posted this earlier in the week, but I feel under the circumstances it was worth another look.

Yesterday, while trying to make sense of so much information and misinformation, I recalled something that I had long forgotten.

Several years ago I read a book by Richard Preston called "The Demon In The Freezer" This is a must read, especially now when we don't know what in the hell is going on. However, let me warn you, it is a terrifying read; and it is a TRUE story.

Here is an overview:

"The bard of biological weapons captures the drama of the front lines."
–Richard Danzig, former secretary of the navy

The first major bioterror event in the United States — the anthrax attacks in October 2001--was a clarion call for scientists who work with "hot" agents to find ways of protecting civilian populations against biological weapons. In The Demon in the Freezer, his first nonfiction book since The Hot Zone, a #1 New York Times bestseller, Richard Preston takes us into the heart of USAMRIID, the United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases at Fort Detrick, Maryland, once the headquarters of the U.S. biological weapons program and now the epicenter of national biodefense.

Peter Jahrling, the top scientist at USAMRIID, a wry virologist who cut his teeth on Ebola, one of the world's most lethal emerging viruses, has ORCON security clearance that gives him access to top-secret information on bioweapons. His most urgent priority is to develop a drug that will take on smallpox – and win. Eradicated from the planet in 1979 in one of the great triumphs of modern science, the smallpox virus now resides, officially, in only two high-security freezers—one at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta and in Siberia, at a Russian virology institute called Vector. But the demon in the freezer has been set loose. It is almost certain that illegal stocks are in the possession of hostile states, including Iraq and North Korea. Jahrling is haunted by the thought that biologists in secret labs are using the techniques of genetic engineering to create a new superpox virus – a smallpox that is resistant to all vaccines.

Now substitute smallpox for Avian Influenza or H5N1 which has mutated and
the most virulent virus we have ever seen, and you will have, that which the W.H.O. and CDC fear the most.

Take a look at the last sentence.

Jahrling is haunted by the thought that biologists in secret labs are using the techniques of genetic engineering to create a new superpox virus – a smallpox that is resistant to all vaccines.

Are we living this scenario told 8 years ago? Take notice of USAMRIID!
Does anyone really believe this virus not to be man made? What do we have right now? A virus that is highly contagious, is airborne, lethal(to some)
and mutates so rapidly there is no vaccine and won't be for months, if ever.

link:[www.richardpreston.net...]

[edit on 7-5-2009 by paxnatus]

[edit on 7-5-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i don't remember who, but someone posted about a coworker that possibly has/had flu and now has fifths disease? slapped cheek syndrome...no?
there are some people who work with my bf, one had the flu for a couple weeks so bad that she said it was hard to breathe but they wouldn't test her for swine flu..just said she had "an influenza like illness..." and sent her home...
well two other people have complained today about red swollen cheeks...and my boyfriend saw them...said it lookedl ike someone slapped their cheeks...
the girl who just recovered from the flu said that when it started, she had the same problem with her cheeks/face....

i'm wondering, could there be some connection or just coincidence?

also, my bf asked an EMT going through his line today about the flu and he said that people are overloading the ERs at the first sign of a sniffle...
but now i know that the ERs actuallly are more full than normal...regardless of his opinion on why....
this same EMT wouldn't evn get in line without washing his hands because of so many "sick people" lately.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have been following this thread almost exclusively for a couple of weeks. I searched for a more appropriate thread in which to place the dream that I had a couple nights ago, BECAUSE I have been following this flu thread so intently. But I am sure I had this vivid dream because I have like the rest of you, been trying to figure out what the heck is going on with this flu! I think the dream was significant. If you are interested, I put it on Dreams - Do they take place in another reality. It's close to the end of that thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 309  310  311    313  314  315 >>

join