It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 311
<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Originally posted by mamana
But it wasn't just that one sentence that stood out... he kept saying 'when' instead of 'if'.

Can I get the metadata on the conference? Hopefully it will be on youtube later and I can analyze it myself. Spoken phrases are even better than written, especially if the speaker is not working from a script. Operating off the cuff, they aren't taking time to really think about what they say so all kinds of indicators leak through, especially if they are trying to deceive.

www.who.int...

That's the only link I have. It has the audio recording but not visual. They will post the transcript later too.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

But it wasn't just that one sentence that stood out... he kept saying 'when' instead of 'if'.

just like how they kept insisting they "expect" deaths...
like there already were and what they really meant to say was "we expect to eventually tell you about deaths..."

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Can I get the metadata on the conference? Hopefully it will be on youtube later and I can analyze it myself. Spoken phrases are even better than written, especially if the speaker is not working from a script. Operating off the cuff, they aren't taking time to really think about what they say so all kinds of indicators leak through, especially if they are trying to deceive.

I would not be 100% sure the comments i wrote are word for word perfectly accurate but he defintely mentioned the US are a month behind in terms of severity in cases.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mamana

Thank you, I'll check it out and look for some other material as well after my nap.

There does seem to be the establishment of a pattern. I believe I predicted a few days ago that should they determine the virus time line would result in high fatalities they would slowly begin to acclimate us by breaking that info in the media little by little.

More and more pointers in that direction and it sucks. I wanted to be wrong, still want to be wrong about this one.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mamana

Thank you Mamana!!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We are entering the flu season here in South America and, surpreendently, no country have the lab test kits yet. In Brazil, Chile and Argentina, where there are thousands of arrivals from the USA and Mexico daily, it is virtually impossible that the virus has not yet arrived. There may be, right now, hundreds or even thousands of infected people.
Something weird is going on around here!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Actually, about the brazilian lady, the brazilian government said a few days ago that she did not die of H1N1. She died of acute septicemia and lab confirmed bacterial pneumonia. But they say NO H1N1, gov. cover up? Maybe not and it was regular flu

link to the article

And here an article about today's WHO estimates (from the press conf mentioned by cosmicpix):
ht tp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1178307/Third-worlds-population-catch-swine-flu-experts-warn-new-cases-push-UK-infection-total-34.html

[edit on 7-5-2009 by aramaki]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

www.who.int...

That's the only link I have. It has the audio recording but not visual. They will post the transcript later too.

Sorry that's a link to the WHO conference not the DOH conference. It was one of the people at the DOH conference that kept saying 'when'. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It will be interesting to watch the press conferences in the coming week and see whether they continue to stray away from "mild flu" to easing us into the seriousness of the situation now.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The question that keeps bothering me is, why are they saying it's ok to send kids back to school, etc. if they really have this "time line" fear in the back of their minds? I mean, if this is the case, and it seems to be looking that way, why not keep kids out of school since this is the end of the year for most schools anyway?

Why risk infecting more people even though the "horse is out of the barn"? They could just as easily keep a panic from starting without going into more detail and keep more of the population safe at the same time if you ask me.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
US, Kansas: State officials confirm 12 cases of influenza A (H1N1) state-wide. #swineflu
2 minutes ago from web

Spain: Total influenza A (H1N1) case count reaches 88 nationwide. #swineflu
7 minutes ago from web

US, Tennessee: State health officials confirm a total of 36 cases of influenza A (H1N1) statewide. #swineflu
12 minutes ago from web

Canada, Saskatchewan: First Two Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed #swineflu
23 minutes ago from web

Canada, Central Alberta: Two New Pediatric Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Province Total Case Count Rises to 33 #swineflu
41 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sorry for advertising my new thread here but i belive it is quite important

Please check
The new flu, an analytical approach

Thanx

-Zyk

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The question that keeps bothering me is, why are they saying it's ok to send kids back to school, etc. if they really have this "time line" fear in the back of their minds? I mean, if this is the case, and it seems to be looking that way, why not keep kids out of school since this is the end of the year for most schools anyway?

Perhaps they would rather that more people do get exposed to this right now. If they feel that people who contract this now, while it is in a milder form, would be much more advantageous than a second wave running amuck from folks with no immunity whatsoever, I could see them doing this. They could hardly say "Hey, we'd prefer if all of you got this now!"

Perhaps the lack of a level 6, and telling people to travel, go to school, etc., is their way of increasing overall immunity to the thing. Consider that someone who might be much less likely to catch it later, is also much less likely to spread it later as well.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by fleabit]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I am afraid things are going to get really ugly here in South America and nobody is giving a s**t about that. People and media around here only talk about soccer 80% of the time.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

assuming you COULD get immunity from a virus that keeps mutating...so much so that by the time it comes back around you likely won't have immunity to the "mutated" virus.

my take is that "the horse has already left the barn..." is how they really feel about it, not just obama. what the point in stopping commerce or panicking people by interupting their daily activities when it is going to spread regardless...may as well keep social order until those necessary parts of daily life have such an absence of bodies due to illness that it just cannot run anymore.

i have to ask...
what precautions are y'all taking here??
personally, i am staying away from densely packed stores (like wal mart) and pretty much, staying home until i know some hard facts :/

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Kids being out of school is a hardship on working families. People are having to arrange for daycare suddenly or miss work. The primary driver still seems to preserving economic normality for these people.

Either they really have worked out that this clade will be mild (let's hope this is the case) or they've determined the clinical attack rate and exposure is so high that closing schools will make no difference.

The truth often turns out to be somewhere in the middle of two extremes. Our low end variable is a mild flu with specific circumstances causing the fatalities in Mexico (other virus or bacterial infection, lack of ventilators vs. patients needing them and so on).

Our high end variable is that this virus has a longer than normal time span and creates lethal effects late in that span (secondary infections, exhausted immunology, immune response overwhelming patient).

I'm not sure what the middle of the road position would be on this one without taking some time to think it over and do some research. Let's all hope and pray there is no danger to the children who get infected.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

I have to say I rarely go to places like the mall, only to the grocery and drugstore mainly anyway.

Also, I have been picking up extra bleach, sanitizer, food (little at a time),and basic meds like antihistamine, proxide, advil, etc. We don't have children so I do not have that worry! I wouldn't go to one of those type of functions involving schools for sure! Or to large, close, gatherings. I'm just feeping my eyes open everywhere I go.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
reply to post by fleabit

i have to ask...
what precautions are y'all taking here??
personally, i am staying away from densely packed stores (like wal mart) and pretty much, staying home until i know some hard facts :/

Staying away from other people as much as possible... buying everything online and having it delivered rather than go out to a supermarket... keeping the car full of petrol... keeping 3 months of food, water and medicines... having the whole family wash hands regularly and use antibacterial hand wash and wipes.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

LOL .... I love your posts, cause they echo [clearly I'm not as high info as you] mine on my own website... and social circle... I wonder if you get as much bashing as I do!

Do you have many 'true' friends?

If so... do they just give you a nod and a smile when you 'rant' or do they listen yet?

I have a 70 / 30..... 30 being the nodders....

lol @ the nodders... I rather like that!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aramaki
reply to post by Aeons

Actually, about the brazilian lady, the brazilian government said a few days ago that she did not die of H1N1. She died of acute septicemia and lab confirmed bacterial pneumonia. But they say NO H1N1, gov. cover up? Maybe not and it was regular flu

link to the article

And here an article about today's WHO estimates (from the press conf mentioned by cosmicpix):
ht tp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1178307/Third-worlds-population-catch-swine-flu-experts-warn-new-cases-push-UK-infection-total-34.html

[edit on 7-5-2009 by aramaki]

This is what gets up my curiosity. If she did have the flu, did she have that other flu that is going around? H2N3 that seems to have done a late season mutation. Is that where the difference in the original death toll comes from? That the labs confirmed that the deaths were not from H1N1, but perhaps those deaths were being caused by reactions to a different strain that has coincidentally become more vicious at the same time?

top topics

<< 308  309  310    312  313  314 >>

join