It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 310
<< 307  308  309    311  312  313 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Have you got a link to the statement you said the WHO released earlier about potentially up to 2 billion people getting infected......? Because if they really did say something like that then they must have damn good reason to, they are not the type of organization to be reckless with their words , are they. In which case, the statement is indeed sounding like a warning and rather an alarming one at that.

When the Avian Flu threat broke a few years ago, I never had the sustained amount of foreboding I've been wrestling with of late. I just cannot seem to get this virus issue out of my head and am consistently getting a bad feeling about it all. I feel very unsettled.

[edit on 7/5/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
@ chise61:
Hmmm...using this info

7/1/2007 population estimate
Chicago, Ill. 2,836,658

at 3.65% mortality rate=~103,538

-----------------------------------------------------------
U.S. 306,375,158
17:04 GMT (EST+5) May 07, 2009
www.census.gov...

at 3.65% mortality rate=~11,182,693

-----------------------------------------------------------
World 6,778,292,272
17:07 GMT (EST+5) May 07, 2009
www.census.gov...

at 3.65% mortality rate=~247,407,668

...but cut these by .333 IF that's the estimate of 1/3 TOTAL infected...still...

[edit on 5/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by jonny2410

Have you got a link to the statement you said the WHO released earlier about potentially up to 2 billion people getting infected......? Because if they really did say something like that then they must have damn good reason to, they are not the type of organization to be reckless with their words , are they. In which case, the statement is indeed sounding like a warning and rather an alarming one at that.

When the Avian Flu threat broke a few years ago, I never had the sustained amount of foreboding I've been wrestling with of late. I just cannot seem to get this virus issue out of my head and am consistently getting a bad feeling about it all. I feel very unsettled.

[edit on 7/5/09 by cosmicpixie]

It was said during todays WHO press briefing (that for some reason wasn't covered by the news) and you can listen to it here:

www.who.int...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mamana

thanks yeah that is the link - it was in the WHO conference earlier - im shocked they would say that.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
hello fellow ats from the front lines of houston i have been undercover trolling national guard and reserve bases in houston area lotof secret hush going they now have armed gaurds outside the reserve armory in houston around the downtown area what is located near the medical complex..so i will catch a bus friday and take some vids with a digital cam from the bus that passes in front the armory..for news we are breeching the 1000 case mark asap and they are opening the schools plus the who/cdc said over 2 billion worldwide could be infected"fox news"if this case is fizzling out then why are cases balloning there have been so many cases the cdc website no has a 2 sections 1 for a view of the complete map by regions as well as a count by state..i see that all of a sudden they have broken the country of into regions go by the cdc website and check it out well wish me luck on my first ats mission

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Using a .333 infection rate of total populations at 3.65% mortality we get...

Chicago=~34,478

US=~3,723,837

World=~82,386,753

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Hmmm...

Chicago=~34,478

US=~3,723,837

World=~82,386,753

Personally I think that the third won't be evenly split... I expect it will be mostly 3rd world countries that get hit badly with this and that they will make up the vast majority of that third of the population... could be wrong though.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Paula Deen Calls on America to Reject Myths, Misinformation; Enjoy a Pork Chop Tonight

"You know y'all, the Secretary of Agriculture has said it's safe to eat pork," said Deen, restaurateur, best-selling author and the host of "Paula's Home Cooking" and "Paula's Party" on the Food Network. "You can eat all the pork you want. You are not going to catch the flu from eating pork."

Brought to you by Smithfield foods.
(PRNewsFoto/Smithfield/Paula Deen)

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Hmmm...

Chicago=~34,478

US=~3,723,837

World=~82,386,753

WOW that would be awful. I hope it doesnt play out like that but, It seems to be ramping up in the news department. I am really lost on what is going on with this entire thing now and how this is going to play out.

right now I am fearing the worst but hoping for the best....

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
well, as a person living in the first world and who has enough money for comparitive luxuries like the computer we are all using....I would suggest that we aren't really the ones to be worried about. We have pretty decent access to meds, medical attention, over the counters, every herbal/alternative supplement known to man.

We'll probably be okay relatively.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
Good post - i particularly agree about the media - there has been a blackout up until today where it all got a lot more serious in the UK DOH press conference about an hour 2 hours ago:

"It appears that the US is lagging about a month behind mexico in terms of time and severity"

"It would be highly unlikely to expect a new unique strain of influenza not to cause significant numbers of fatalities and severe cases in the future"

Hang on there a second.
When people are manipulating their words in order to hide something the choice of language and sometimes strange patterns can give away that which is being hidden.

In this case the reporter is stating something they wish to downplay and they are doing so by "hiding" the critical content with written "camouflage".

"It appears that the US is lagging about a month behind mexico in terms of time and severity"

Slow down and think about the sentence and the possible ways it can be interpreted.

You can lag behind someone in time but how does a lag in severity work if the meaning of the sentence is strictly that the US infections took place a month after the Mexico ones?

It has to be that the writer intended to convey the message that the US was not as bad off as Mexico in terms of the impact of the virus. To do it by combining the sense of time and impact via the connecting verb "lag" does not work. Writers stream language as a flow of meaning. This connection in the sentence sticks out like a splinter in that stream.

By sticking out it disrupts the flow, like a rock in a stream and it becomes the focus when it should not. This is a tell. A mistake in the writer's efforts either by mistake or by intention. Either way it indicates there is more behind that word and the way it's being used than meets the eye.

Sorry for the long explanation, I'm trying to get the idea across in a way different people will latch onto.

My interpretation would be that there is a one month delay of critical importance that is being hidden intentionally. It has to be the virus time line thing again. They've started to break it in the media as of 24 hours ago but it has been such a point of contention between the press and the CDC / WHO the writer is still impacted by it.

It could indicate something that has jarred the reporter in an emotional sense. Scared them, made them angry, etc.

I won't go into it but this is what I do and I'm very well paid for it. I specialize in finding the ways in which we humans communicate via writing, how we organize information and how we pass it between each other. Ideas, concepts, secrets.....

Maybe we should grab some of this writers other work and see if he or she is leaking more intelligence. He or she may even be what I call a "lightning rod". They perceive ideas and concepts from the people they communicate with, especially if that content has a "charged" atmosphere around it. Things that are secret, lies, areas of great attention / focus....

Sorry for the slight detour.

Back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am listening to the who conference now, link earlier in thread.

Just to precise that he said that the 2 billions infected is in the context that a global pandemic occurs, meaning that if the virus goes in the southern emisphere...

He talks a lot about the poor countries in the developping world. So, what I understand, they expect everything unfold in the next weeks/months and the most people that will die will be the poor countries in the southern emisphere.

(I personnly find that they insist a LOT on the southern hemisphere).

Also, just because they are saying that it will mostly affect people in delopping countries like africa, this would be a good reason why no MSM talks about it. No one care for Africa for example...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13Etznab
I am listening to the who conference now, link earlier in thread.

Just to precise that he said that the 2 billions infected is in the context that a global pandemic occurs, meaning that if the virus goes in the southern emisphere...

He talks a lot about the poor countries in the developping world. So, what I understand, they expect everything unfold in the next weeks/months and the most people that will die will be the poor countries in the southern emisphere.

(I personnly find that they insist a LOT on the southern hemisphere).

Also, just because they are saying that it will mostly affect people in delopping countries like africa, this would be a good reason why no MSM talks about it. No one care for Africa for example...

They insist on the southern hemisphere because they are going into winter - the normal flu season.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

nice explanation!
The person who said this was one of two people doing a DOH press conference in the UK - there was Alan Johnson the Health Secretary and the other guy was the one who answered all the questions and raised the point about laggig behind - i dont know who he is but i he is a senior figure.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
You can lag behind someone in time but how does a lag in severity work if the meaning of the sentence is strictly that the US infections took place a month after the Mexico ones?

My first reaction is that it is just a horribly constructed sentence. It's not unusual in what passes for journalism today.

That said, I won't dismiss anything at this point and second your suggestion that we find other samples of the author's work. In addition to searching for other examples of cryptic message, we should also check to see if there is a history of poor writing.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

it wasn't a reporter who wrote that - that is what the guy in the press conference said and i typed it out - he was mixing quite a lot of words up.

link   
Just fer a clarification...

OK OK

Don't beat me about the cranium with those numbers

I was using just STRAIGHT numbers...

I know it will not be evenly divided across the globe...

Developed country's will probably have .333 of the mortality totals, while 3rd world country's will bear the .666 of this, IF it occurs...

link   
But it wasn't just that one sentence that stood out... he kept saying 'when' instead of 'if'.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i think I am more worried about next fall and winter. Now that it is here, it is not going anywhere. when the conditions are right, it will bloom. There are so many people loosing their jobs and their insurance, and it is not looking to change any time soon.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamana
But it wasn't just that one sentence that stood out... he kept saying 'when' instead of 'if'.

Can I get the metadata on the conference? Hopefully it will be on youtube later and I can analyze it myself. Spoken phrases are even better than written, especially if the speaker is not working from a script. Operating off the cuff, they aren't taking time to really think about what they say so all kinds of indicators leak through, especially if they are trying to deceive.

new topics

top topics

<< 307  308  309    311  312  313 >>

join