It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu news and updates thread

page: 316
<< 313  314  315    317  318  319 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I have a gut feeling too, one that says, there's something definately wrong with all this.

Now it could lean towards your therory or it could lean towards the possiblity that this maybe worse then they are making out, or it could lean towards they have made a mistake and it's not going to be as bad as they first thought....

But it's way to early for me to make my mind up yet and stick with one thing, so i'm sitting on the fence to see what direction it could possibly take, taking in as much information as i can, before i jump to conclusions

STACIE: Sorry you are ill, keep on fighting, keep on rehydrating and take some vitamins C & D. Hope you feel better soon
x

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

The voice of reason, thats how i am looking at this situation as well.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Cheers!

So they are wrong.

Good good good (had to say that for the lines).

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

but there comes a time when another 30 days of a strong antibiotic probably won't help and will actually do more damage than good.

This is the problem I experienced with chronic sinusitis, and overuse of broad spectrum antibiotics in the 90's.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by xoxo stacie

You just have flu - don't even think that it is that flu.

I wasn't aware we had a remote viewing Dr on the thread. the fact is you don't know what she has and making definitive statements like that with absolutely no evidence behind them or even bothering to try and present anything at all to back it up is complete BS.

You're presenting an opinion as fact and it's not even a supported opinion at that.

Are you aware we are far past the flu season in this part of the World? Whatever she has, the odds are very small it would be "seasonal flu".

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I think that was more of a pick me up...She's very concerned about it..

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Transcript of yesterdays WHO press conference

PDF HERE

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

reply to post by xoxo stacie

You just have flu - don't even think that it is that flu.

I wasn't aware we had a remote viewing Dr on the thread. the fact is you don't know what she has and making definitive statements like that with absolutely no evidence behind them or even bothering to try and present anything at all to back it up is complete BS.

You're presenting an opinion as fact and it's not even a supported opinion at that.

Are you aware we are far past the flu season in this part of the World? Whatever she has, the odds are very small it would be "seasonal flu".

exactly what i was thinking

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

reply to post by Zykloner[

Let us all wake up - the flu is a way to panic the world.

This flu is no worse than any other flu.

It is a way for people to manipulate other people.

YES BY ALL MEAN"S LET US ALL WAKE UP!
Let me start by saying I had asked someone else to post this so you guys wouldn't kno wit was me.
I GOT YOUR FAKE FLU...yeah that's right the one you keep saying is a way for tptb to manipulate us ALL! Here is a primer for you pay attention because I am going to post this then leave. I may have to go into the hospital if my breathing rate doesnt come up soon.
Back In Feburary we got a terrible flu, it came from a guy at my hub's work who had been to Mexico to visit family. At the time we had no idea what was going on there and chalked it up to one nasty flu bug that wiped us out BAD. Well since then every 20/21 days on the mark my son and I who have asthma have been hit with a weird bacterial infection in our lungs.
This time as of today mind you.... I went in to get check out yet again. I had developed the sniffles along with my son on monday night tuesday morning. YET AGAIN with in 48 HOURS we went from having SNIFFLES to full blown BACTERIAL BRONCHITIS.Rattling lungs and choking up so much mucous it is like we are vomiting! Total dehydration, sleeping sitting upright on the couch so we can breathe....
48 HOURS DID YOU GET THAT MISS IT"S ALL HYPE?

THIS TIME I am not fighting it AT ALL. It is completely wiping me out. I am drinking fluids like mad and still I am dehydrated. I am taking huge doses of anti biotics and damn near crawling around my house to get around. I am on the verge of having to leave my 3 children alone and go in to the hospital. IT IS REAL FOR ME!
You may want to believe that there are no sick people out there but let me tell you what. Everyone I had seen today was sick not one person I passed going into the doctors areas, in the pharmacy store no one was was well. AT the pharmacy they had so many percriptions up they had them lined up on the FLOOR BELOW THE PACKED RACKS! This isn't some joke or media hype out sweet heart people are getting terribly sick. You should perhaps do a little more REAL research before coming on here and downing everyone who is taking there time to REALLY INVESTIGATE THIS.

Even though I think you are being an idiot playing the devils advocate over this I pray to what ever God there is that you and yours DON'T get it.
Good bye xoxo stacie

It would be a good idea for you to see a Dr. If you're having breathing difficulties like you've described even the lukewarm NA Flu medical advisory says to seek medical attention. If you don't have someone who is well able to watch over you and your sick children while you sleep to monitor your breathing it's best to get checked out and make sure you don't need some respiratory support medication or devices.

Don't be afraid, just be careful based on the reports we've seen of secondary respiratory infections from the NA Flu. At least you can set your mind at ease and allow yourself to get some deep sleep.
Feel better and let us know what's up, please.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

OK, wait for the flu, or not.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
BANGKOK (Reuters) - Asian countries agreed on Friday to boost drug stockpiles, share essential supplies and tighten surveillance against an H1N1 flu virus that posed an "imminent health threat" to the region.

Full Article here

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
WHO may shorten annual assembly because of flu 08 May 2009 10:23:12 GMT
Source: Reuters
* WHO may reduce assembly length to five days

* Mexico to raise concerns about "discriminatory" measures

* More than 2,300 flu infections confirmed in 24 countries

Full Article here

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
As I posted before, a few weeks ago I had a very severe flu... well in the last few days my condition has deteriorated again and I have just got back from the doctor where I have been diagnosed with a respiratory infection and been given antibiotics. There seems to be a few of us who are experiencing the same things and it seems like too many of us for this to be a coincidence.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
UK swine flu genetics unravelled

The first genetic code of swine flu from European samples has been unravelled by UK researchers.

BBC News Article

[edit on 8-5-2009 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Which is why I posted the story last night about two members of the Cincinnati Reds suddenly being stricken with "flu like symptoms," before last night's game. As it turns out, a teammate contracted a flu (reportedly not related to H1N1) while in Mexico for the World Baseball Classic in March but had since recovered.

Again, maybe not related to the current outbreak but strange that the two players would come down with the flu now.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
BBC World Flu Map

This seems to be the most up to date one.

It doesn't show exactly where the virus is (states, cities, towns etc) but does say how many confirmed cases are in each country.

This article talks a bit about the two recent cases in UK confrimed yesterday, plus school closures and exam worries. If you scroll down to the bottom, there is a map of UK confrimed cases....

UK Map and article

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Zykloner

Thanks Zyk

Checked your post out, will keep looking into how this is progressing

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What WHALE said about swine flu back in 1976 [scroll down for article]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The silence on this subject in the news is deafening.
There has been a complete news cap on this.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well, I try to stay updated on everything posted here, but it is early yet for me and I may have missed this being here already. Iowa has gone from 5 cases to 36 cases today.

I still don't know what to think!

top topics

<< 313  314  315    317  318  319 >>

join