It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Can you or your better half read Spanish???

What's this saying...I see numbers, but, Hmmm...

portal.salud.gob.mx...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

One-third of Travis Elementary School pupil missed school Thursday because of a mysterious illness, leaving Houston ISD and city officials scrambling to diagnose the cause.

They suspect a virus is behind the fevers, headaches and stomachaches that sidelined 242 children, including about 80 percent of the third grade at the Heights neighborhood school.
Luke was diagnosed Thursday with Influenza A, a common strain of the flu. While that strain includes the swine flu, officials said the rapid spread and sudden onset of this outbreak suggest it isn’t.

Illness strikes 242 students at HISD Travis Elem.
So, it seems like the second wave may be more gastrointestinal and less respritory related. The article makes this sound totally unrelated, but that makes two schools that had an outbreak of h1n1, then got all better, then had a load of kids out sick with a stomach virus.....hmmm.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Cameoii]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Can you or your better half read Spanish???

What's this saying...I see numbers, but, Hmmm...

portal.salud.gob.mx...

it basically says that the confirmed cases (new) are going down since the 'peak' that you see on the charts.

The pages basically break it down by regions/states in mexico.. the age groups.. sex..

typical government propaganda.. I live in Sonora, and there are a lot more confirmed cases by the local health administration than the government is telling the people.

IMHO, it's a useless document.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

OK...I was looking at some peak on a chart at 288?

Was just wondering if they were deaths...

Deal on 90m UK swine flu vaccines
news.bbc.co.uk...

dooganized: "Mexico has scaled back its [Swine Flu] death toll from 159 to 56" Rofl, what liars. 1 minute ago from TwitKit

Cimg2523_normal
kaplinskyreport: @hellvetican Funny, soon we'll be hanging to every strand of H1N1 info when it goes global in 6 to 9 months, according to health experts.. 2 minutes ago from web

[edit on 5/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

reply to post by blind.face

OK...I was looking at some peak on a chart at 288?

Was just wondering if they were deaths...

No, those are confirmed cases.

Deaths are listed at I believe 56.. I will have to look again, but it was between 54-56

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii

One-third of Travis Elementary School pupil missed school Thursday because of a mysterious illness, leaving Houston ISD and city officials scrambling to diagnose the cause.

They suspect a virus is behind the fevers, headaches and stomachaches that sidelined 242 children, including about 80 percent of the third grade at the Heights neighborhood school.
Luke was diagnosed Thursday with Influenza A, a common strain of the flu. While that strain includes the swine flu, officials said the rapid spread and sudden onset of this outbreak suggest it isn’t.

Illness strikes 242 students at HISD Travis Elem.
So, it seems like the second wave may be more gastrointestinal and less respritory related. The article makes this sound totally unrelated, but that makes two schools that had an outbreak of h1n1, then got all better, then had a load of kids out sick with a stomach virus.....hmmm.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Cameoii]

Exactly the same thing happening here in Spain but apparently they're completely unrelated and "there's a lot of bugs about" so no need to worry

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hmmm...
Officials say loud emergency sirens can be heard in Lower Manhattan from 9 a.m. on and off for several hours due to testing. 4 minutes ago from web

Wow. Loud emergency sirens to be heard in Lower Manhattan for hours.. that's asking for problems! 4 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Workers target swine flu virus at 3 NYC schools
news.yahoo.com...

( Confirmed Summary ) Taiwan, China
Today, May 15, 2009, 7 minutes ago | clintjong
2 confirmed cases
The confirmed cases involve a 32-year-old mother and her baby daughter of one year and nine months.
Source: The China Post
Date: May 14 2009, 17:22 GMT

Malaysia: Ministry of Health Announces Country’s First Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Sungai Buloh Hospital: Ministry of Health Announces Country’s First Confirmed Influenza A (H1N1) Case: Date: May 15, 2009 12:34 UTC R..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

Arizona: First Fatal Case of Influenza A (H1N1) Reported in State; Number of Confirmed Cases Increases to 261 Statewide: Date: May 15..1 minute ago from twitterfeed

Swine flu case confirmed in Tehama County
www.redding.com...

jedipm: Still sick with a cold. Just building up antibodies 4 the Fall H1N1 recurrence. 3 minutes ago from Ping.fm

apichaim: We have to be ready for the Fluenza A (H1N1) prevention and control. As there will be alot of guests coming from problematic countries. 3 minutes ago from web

Banstaman: And the swine flu outbreak sarts in New York again! Zombies! 3 minutes ago from txt

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
York county, Canada
Today, May 15, 2009, 18 minutes ago | clintjong
25 confirmed cases
Source: Ministry of Health Ontario
Date: May 14, 2009

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Good Day to all..........I breezed through the post quickly from late yesterday and I guess what stands out except for more cases are the school closings in NY and Houston............Yep the second wave of the virus striking its host is hitting......If this is the virus striking for a second time within the same host then unfortunately we could see some deaths.........

I think we should pay attention to the obituraries for elementry school age kids in NY over the next week..........

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday from my source is concerning the virus in all mammals.........and its good news......well sorta for now.......I asked the question concerning this virus going from mammal to mammal? Remember I reported that a pig farm had been covered up in the media here in the states for human/pig - pig/human transmission..........The answer was it has not mutated to where its affecting all mammals "YET"........but it is something they are watching very closely......

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Officials say loud emergency sirens can be heard in Lower Manhattan from 9 a.m. on and off for several hours due to testing. 4 minutes ago from web
reply to post by Hx3_1963

So is it a test of the siren's or a test for the military and police? Why on earth would they be testing them for so long anyway, all you have to do is position a few cops and set them off once! They all go off the cops hear them report back and wallla DONE!
Seems a little excessive considering what those people are getting hit with right now in the new's. There has to be a better way of doing it and they know it.

I thought I had heard of this before they have them in San Fransico too
here is a single page pdf type flyer about them
www.72hours.org...

They are an outdoor warning system. Basically if anything happens they will sound for 5 minutes straight and you are supposed to listen to the tv or radio to find out what is wrong.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Sons: NYC asst. principal with swine flu very ill
50 minutes ago
www.google.com...

( Suspected Summary ) Taiwan, China: 11 Suspected casesSource: Health Department Taiwan (pdf)Date: May 15 20091 minute ago from twitterfeed

What's sickening kids at Travis Elementary?
Friday, May 15, 2009 | 6:58 AM
abclocal.go.com

WHO Discredits Theory That Swine Flu Was Man-Made
Friday, 15 May 2009, 06:30 CDT
www.redorbit.com...

Re-Post:
Timeline: Swine flu
Major developments in the spread of potentially deadly swine flu, which began in Mexico
Wednesday 29 April 2009 11.25 BST
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Hrmmm I wonder why they went and did that after telling the CDC here in the USA it was okay to say "it was likely" to the Mexican Gov? Something is smelling fishy here about the whole it is and isn't man made thing. Not that it really matters at this point it is out there and growing.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

See above post for some edit/updates

Swine flu cases reported at two more Las Vegas schools
www.lvrj.com...

Now this is nuts!!! They really need to close the whole damn school system for at least 2 weeks to see what's going on...this is getting serious as hell!!!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

My thoughts exactly. There will be alot of finger pointing and back pedalling on who's fault this virus is, so that we are less aware of the dramatic increase in infected/fatal cases. IMO, it's a feeble attempt to keep us distracted. They figure that a debate over man-made/nature-made will be much juicier to CT than looking to the future of this virus.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

According to this article, we are to believe that the parents of 156 children spontaneously decided to keep their well children at home. Despite the fact that most families have both parents working and would have to arrange child care, despite the fact that the only newspaper in Houston has told us repeatedly that this virus is mild, and despite the fact that our kids have already missed far to much school this year and will likely have to go to summer school to take the TAKS test....All I can say is yeah right.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Following:
@electrosaur Yeah, short notice as well... Prepare for panic.about 2 hours ago from TweetDeck in reply to electrosaur

@midwaybeach Yes, but they will be heard through lower Manhattan.24 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to midwaybeach

@midwaybeach All I know is that the NYC Office of Emergency Management said it would be heard throughout lower Manhattan.18 minutes ago from TweetDeck in reply to midwaybeach
----------------------------------------------------------------------
prestonrudie: State Dept of Health says there are now 69 confirmed cases of swine flu in FL. 1 minute ago from web

juleebrown: Health officials have confirmed 27 cases of swine flu in Alabama and probable cases have been found in 28 other people. half a minute ago from web

Cases of H1N1 Flu Virus in Canada
www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

Travellers shun Canada due to swine flu outbreak
www.vancouversun.com...

N.H. Confirms 18th H1N1 Case
www.wcax.com...

H1N1 Resurgence Strikes
www.swine-flu-abc.com...

Jnov10: Swine flu is goin to kill millions....fun for no one.... less than a minute ago from web

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well here we go...WHO won't do it but China will

Gorkha District: China Closes Border at Rasuwagadhi "Fearing" Spread of Viral Pneumonia From Nepal: Date: May 15, 2009 13:23 UTC Risk..half a minute ago from twitterfeed

Samoa: Ministry of Health Cancels Travel to Tokelau to Prevent Spread of Influenza A (H1N1) Virus; No Confirmed Cases Recorded in Either ..half a minute ago from twitterfeed

Back Door:
UPDATE 3-Glaxo gets H1N1 vaccine orders from several gov'ts
www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Q ueens Assistant Principal's swine flu not treatable; condition worsening, family by his side

"I believe it to be all caused by swine flu, with infection in his lungs and pneumonia, as well as kidney failure so they can't inject the swine flu medication," Wiener said.

So if your not very sick please stay home and not have contact with people and wash your hands. Once your very sick please call your dr. and make a appointment. I guess they also need to tell people to call the funeral home of there choice as they call the dr.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

And prey tell how does Gout complicate the NAU Flu?!?

More "Pre-Existing Conditions"...RIGHT!

#H1N1 case alert: ( Suspected Summary ) Taiwan, China: 11 Suspected casesSource: Health Department Taiwan (pdf)Date: May..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Swine Flu Prevention - Items You Will Need
247swinefluinfo.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Well here we go...WHO won't do it but China will

Gorkha District: China Closes Border at Rasuwagadhi "Fearing" Spread of Viral Pneumonia From Nepal: Date: May 15, 2009 13:23 UTC Risk..half a minute ago from twitterfeed

Samoa: Ministry of Health Cancels Travel to Tokelau to Prevent Spread of Influenza A (H1N1) Virus; No Confirmed Cases Recorded in Either ..half a minute ago from twitterfeed

Back Door:
UPDATE 3-Glaxo gets H1N1 vaccine orders from several gov'ts
www.reuters.com...

At least 1 country is taking this seriously and closing a boarder. When will the rest do this? Probably never.

Looks like here we go with round 2. Eco and you were right and many of use have been following this waiting for the other shoe to drop!!

Thanks again for all the great info here and in the other thread!

new topics

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join