It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Good Morning!

Mini-Me Feeling any better today?

A(H1N1) flu cases swell 25,888% worldwide in 20 days
gmanews.tv
(per jonny2410)

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The information from our posters seems to be much more in line with what we are seeing than anything from news sources. Thank goodness we have CT's who "know people" or we would all be left scratching our heads!

From CDC update, in case it wasn't posted earlier:

47 states* 4,298 cases 3 deaths

CDC

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Funny how the CDC has changed their tune so fast. Today they're saying that "there is sufficient evidence to support this hypothesis"

Yet just a couple of days ago they said...

"We don't see evidence that there's accelerated evolution indicating that there would have been a new host that the virus was introduced into, be it eggs or any other host," said Dr. Nancy Cox, head of the influenza division at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta.

When flu viruses are first introduced into eggs - or any new host - the viruses have to adapt quickly to survive. That can produce what Cox called accelerated evolution, with viruses mutating at rates one would not see in viruses living in hosts to which they were well adapted.

Furthermore, when CDC scientists try to grow these viruses in eggs, they see the kinds of mutations that one would expect to arise when non-avian flu viruses are first forced to adapt to eggs, Cox said, adding these changes are seen in about 20 per cent of the viruses. That suggests the new H1N1s haven't grown in eggs before.

www.google.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Scary article in the local paper today:

The deal was simple: Galveston residents wouldn’t fight a maximum-containment laboratory dealing in deadly agents like anthrax and Ebola on their island if the folks running the place vowed to provide not only solid security but also transparency.

For the most part, officials at the University of Texas Medical Branch kept their word. Until now.

A bill that sailed quietly through the state Senate appears to make private any information that “pertains to a biological agent or toxin identified or listed as a select agent under federal law.”

The timing seems to suggest they may have something going on now or maybe in the works soon.

Biolab bill leaves much in the dark

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

No worse actually
can't get over this fatigue, cough has changed to a dry hacking cough, what i'm really startin to worry about is my stomach started gettin upset last night
Hopefully i'm just worn out from taking care of everybody else. Thanks for askin

I hope you had a chance for re-gen last night, doesn't look like you got much. Don't let yourself get run down, especially with this thing goin around.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

No Problemo

I got 4 Hrs yesterday and 2? last nite

vanessav8: SOS in Panama..40 cases of the H1N1 virus in 5 days.. the 3 rd nation with mores cases in America and the 4th worldwide. 4 minutes ago from web

Hawaii Swine Flu Cases Climb
www.khon2.com...

H1N1 confirmed in Hamilton County
www.fox19.com...

Panamá: Ten New influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 39 Cases Nationwide. #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

AlsipMP_Library: Wonder if people are avoiding public libraries due to fears of H1N1 /swine flu? A patron just came in wearing a face mask. 3 minutes ago from web

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

I haven't put any stock into their claims that all the fatalities happen to be people with "underlying health conditions" it's just their cover up.

I'd like to see her previous health records as i'm sure she had no major underlying health conditions. It's gonna be a hard case for her husband to win though.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

There is a great bar there on the island called the Poop Deck. If faces the gulf and of cource you get pooped on by the gulls...........Saddly I don't think I will be having beers on the poop deck anymore......

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Well if the husband is telling the truth which he more than likely is and his wife didn't have any underlying health problems then this is proof that the powers that be are lying to us. Every death that has occurred from swine flu they say those people had chronic or underlying health problems.

They also lied about the Canadian woman that died. For a few days they were reporting that she was an elderly woman and then we found out she was only in her 30's.

It also bugs me that they call majority of the cases mild. Just a propaganda term.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

H1N1 infects 6,500 people but not a flu pandemic-WHO
www.reuters.com...

* H1N1 flu infects nearly 6,500 people, kills 65 - WHO

* Global pandemic alert maintained at 5 out of 6

* Vaccine experts reach no conclusion about pandemic jab

GENEVA, May 14 (Reuters) - The H1N1 flu strain has not yet taken hold outside the Americas region, but the outbreak is serious and requires close monitoring, a World Health Organisation official said on Thursday.

Keiji Fukuda, acting WHO assistant director-general, said the United Nations agency was maintaining its pandemic alert at the second-highest notch of 5 despite the virus having caused 6,497 infections in 33 countries.

"If we see changes in the severity we will let the world know about that," he told a news conference. "This is an event that is serious and that requires close monitoring."

The Phase 5 designation means a pandemic is imminent.
More at Link...

Here's a new Country

( Unknow region ) Poland
1 confirmed case
Source: tvn24.pl
Date: 14 May 2009

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I have to give it to the husband and his lawyer. It takes alot of grit to stand up and say "everyone is lying". I don't think they will win their case, but I'm glad they decided to bring it. I also hope they are very careful from here on out.

Sadly, Galveston was marked off of our things to do list as of the storm last year. Not only was much of it devistated, but I was never very comforted by the lab's insistence that they sustained no damage.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Well the only problem with the map it does not give accurate data.....none of them do...Here in Missouri we have way more cases than what is being reported........not much water around here......Arkansas as well, down in Bentonville Rogers area.........The cases have been hushed hushed there..........I will still pose the question concerning large bodies of water....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hmmm...
Hospital wards closed after two patients die in C.diff alert
twelve others tested positive for superbug as probe into outbreak starts
www.pressandjournal.co.uk...

Swine flu cases grow, including Tulsa area
www.tulsabeacon.com...

State Confirms a Dozen More Swine Flu Cases
www.nypolitics.com...

Mobile County confirms first H1N1 swine flu case
blog.al.com...

ADPH News Release - Nine new probable cases of novel H1N1 influenza identified
www.wtvynews4.com...

antietamtravel: In Quintana Roo state, Mexico, home to Cancun and Cozumel resorts, health officials have confirmed only 11 cases of H1N1 flu as of May 13. 1 minute ago from web

Belgium: Second Confirmed Case of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 14, 2009 15:41 UTC Risk: Medium Multiple sources cite Belgium's Minis..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Montana: State Officials Confirm Four Cases of Influenza A (H1N1): Date: May 14, 2009 15:28 UTC Risk: Medium Local media sources and ..2 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Run Matt Dillion...Run!!

Dodge has first confirmed case of swine flu
www.dodgeglobe.com...

danielpiper: Guy outside the airport wearing a mask to prevent H1N1 but takes it off to smoke. The cigarette is more likely to kill you, dork. 4 minutes ago from TwitterFon

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by chise61

Well the only problem with the map it does not give accurate data.....none of them do...Here in Missouri we have way more cases than what is being reported........not much water around here......Arkansas as well, down in Bentonville Rogers area

Do you have any idea what the accurate numbers are for those areas ? I'm not taking my numbers from the map, i'm getting them from each individual state's department of health.

I'm mainly talking about the places with very large numbers like Illinois and Wisconsin, when i look up the counties with large numbers in these states they are right on large bodies of water. See i can understand why Chicago may have really large numbers, O'Hare, tourists site, sanctuary city, etc. but couldn't figure out why Wisconsin has almost the same numbers. The only thing we seem to have in common is the fact that we both sit on Lake Michigan.

Now Indiana's two largest cluster's are in Lake county which is right next to Chicago, and also sits on the lake, and Marion county which is in the middle of the state, but is a big tourist area. Have to check the counties where it's located in Michigan.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by chise61

No Problemo

I got 4 Hrs yesterday and 2? last nite

vanessav8: SOS in Panama..40 cases of the H1N1 virus in 5 days.. the 3 rd nation with mores cases in America and the 4th worldwide. 4 minutes ago from web

Panamá: Ten New influenza A (H1N1) Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches 39 Cases Nationwide. #swineflu4 minutes ago from web

Argentina will soon be the third nation with more cases in America.
Accordin to Radio La Voz www.lavoz901.com.ar... number of suspected cases climbed to 154, from 139 in the last couple of days.
It's quite clear that the government authorities are in no hurry at all to confirm these cases (not officially I guess).

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

No I don't have an accurate count........I see your point and I will see if that stirs any interest.....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Minnesota now has 21 confirmed cases
unioneagle.com...

Swine Flu Washington State
www.ftp2ftp.net...

amaracini: Its official, H1N1 is now in the Fox Valley of Wisconsin! 1 minute ago from web

Fifth 'probable' swine flu case
news.bbc.co.uk...

More people quarantined as A/H1N1 flu positive patients recovering
www.swineflulol.com...

tips4u: Bloggged Google shutting down video uploads, lock down from the police state underway! Swine flu released from lab reports say. Obam...: - less than a minute ago from web

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
CTVCalgary: BREAKING NEWS: Serious case of #H1N1 in Southern Alberta. First case in S.AB outside of Calgary #yyc. More details soon. 4 minutes ago from TweetDeck

CDC considers easing swine flu screening measures
www.taipeitimes.com...

WHO says no evidence virus was a lab creation
monstersand critics.com

Transcript of virtual press conference with
Gregory Hartl, WHO Spokesperson for Epidemic and Pandemic Diseases,
and Dr Sylvie Briand, Project leader in the Global Influenza Programme,
World Health Organization
13 May 2009
www.who.int...

Antwerpen, Belgium: 1 Confirmed caseA 23-year-old man from the province of Antwerp became the second Belgian Mexican infected with flu. T..3 minutes ago from twitterfeed

Florida swine flu cases increase by 5 to 63
www.miamiherald.com...

EarthquakeKelcy: Using CA Dept Health stats for 5/13, 254 cases H1N1 (over 10x # cases on 5/1). Probable cases about double. 2 minutes ago from web

EarthquakeKelcy: CDC H1N1 stats 5/14: 4298 cases (over 30x # on 5/1). Now in 47 of 50 states. Comment: If same rate were to continue, almost 129K by 5-31. 3 minutes ago from web

travisdst: I'm ill, so I'm staying at home. Perhaps the results from my H1N1 swab will be ready today. 4 minutes ago from txt

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Mass. reports 18 new cases of swine flu
www.turnto10.com...

Study Unveils Reaction to Swine Flu in Latin America
www.webwire.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

I remember a story about that lab being damaged during one of the hurricanes cant remember witch one.

new topics

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join