It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven People in U.S. hit by Strange New Swine Flu

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Do we know of the incubation time frame yet? how long till your dead once youve contracted it? I believe Bird flu is about 8 days.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

This link direct to CDC will answer a lot of questions...
www.cdc.gov...

Typical incubation period 1-4 days, average is 2 days.

No reporting of any deaths in the U.S. thus far.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
which is weird because all of the ones in mexico died

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dreaken1993

Very good observation...and if there is one very strange thing about this whole event...that is it. Then next would be they are trying to vaccinate in Mexico, when they have NO EFFECTIVE VACCINE!

Not all of the sick in Mexico have died but enough people to be very concerned about the difference!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

That is why I ask about the incubation time frame. I get that Mexico may not have our health standards. but some thing isn't right here.We are only into this a few days, so if it of any real relation we will see death in a couple days.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yes your intuition is right on. Do you have speakers on your computer?
if so try listening to Alex Jones right now.
Alex Jones live listen audiobox

www.infowars.com...

also, check out these links below for lots of information...

Alex Jones Video Channel

www.youtube.com...

Alex Jones Website

www.infowars.com...

Article about the flu outbreak on Alex Jones Web Site

www.infowars.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This just reported on the internet and via Alex Jones...

Illinois-based Baxter working on vaccine to stop swine flu outbreak in Mexico

Specialty drug maker Baxter International Inc. will work with the World Health Organization to develop a vaccine that could stem an outbreak of a deadly swine flu strain in Mexico.

Baxter spokesman Christopher Bona said Saturday that the Deerfield, Ill.-based company has asked the WHO for a sample of the flu strain.

He says Baxter has patented technology that allows the company to develop vaccines in half the time it usually takes — about 13 weeks instead of 26.

There have been 20 confirmed deaths in Mexico of the swine flu, with nonfatal cases also confirmed in Kansas and California.

Humans don't have a natural immunity to swine flu strain that emerged in Mexico in March. Officials have warned the outbreak could become a global epidemic.

www.wqad.com...

So again...question is what in the world are they mass vaccinating Mexico with???

[edit on 25-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
from Alex Jones report:

Editor’s note: On Friday, NPR reported that the deadly swine flu “combines genetic material from pigs, birds and humans in a way researchers have not seen before,” thus leading us to suspect it was cooked up in a lab.

If you go to the original report from NPR they say nothing about "thus leading us to suspect it was cooked up in a lab." That was added by Alex Jones in order to create propaganda and mislead people. This is why you can't trust half the stuff you hear from him.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
in my oppinion it would be like an immune system booster which would most liekly be worst becaus eit uses your immune system as an enemy

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

That was added by Alex Jones in order to create propaganda and mislead people. This is why you can't trust half the stuff you hear from him.

YOU are misleading people. He didn't include the last part in the quotes, meaning it's an addition from the editor. But I guess you can't understand that.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Possibly that or much much worse. The fact that they are already there poised to administer vaccines to masses of sick people is suspect.

One thing for sure, as we know now...Mexico is not vaccinating with a effective flu vaccine...as one does not exist yet!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I reportd on this thread that I had not been feeling well, flu like symptoms and mildly sore throat, nausea, I made an appoinment and I still feel the same, but this has been coming on since Friday and I don't feel better, but I don't feel worse either, so I am not going to place too much concern towards whether or not this virus is already in the GA area for now and let my doctor sort it out next week. This whole thing is very scary though working in my industry and being exposed to so many travelers and exspecially those many we have that come from Mexico.

edit to add= My bad, it wasn't this thread that I originally commented on

[edit on 25-4-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Learn to differentiate between quotations and editors comments.

Or continue shooting blanks at the messenger.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreaken1993
which is weird because all of the ones in mexico died

I posted this possibility earlier: What if the strain in Mexico is the combination flu, made up of human influenza, swine flu and avian flu, yet the U.S. flu is just plain swine flu? The mortality rates are quite different. The U.S. has had no deaths thus far. I know, you are thinking because we have the better medical care, but even so, Mexico was able to test for and isolate this very different flu in record time.

What if this is some method of reducing the population?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Were these people who survived already vaccinated with tamiflu or something?, and if not who come they all recovered and Mexico showing these high mortlity rates..?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
update

"The World Health Organization started convening an expert panel to advise it about raising the pandemic alert level, which is currently at level 3 (none or very limited human-to-human transmission) in its six-rung alert ladder. One health expert expects things to move quickly in the coming days.

"In my mind, what we're talking about is moving from a pandemic alert 3 to a pandemic alert probably 5," said Michael Gardam, director of infectious diseases prevention and control at the Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion. Level 5 indicates a new strain with significant human-to-human transmission. Level 6 is a pandemic.

"They're going to need a bit of time to digest it, I understand that. That being said, being very familiar with their plans and their phases, I am assuming they will come to the conclusion once they've gone through that deliberation that they need to up the pandemic threat level."

"

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
About a year ago or so I bought myself gas masks, and filters that will filter even biological viruses, and where i live is small enough that it will take a while for something like this to hit us. My hope is that this won't happen, but if it does i will be forewarned, and ready.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Would it be a bad idea to take Echinacea. I started taking it today but I hear this virus uses your immune system against you. Would someone please answer this for me?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This is a video Set from Alex Jones Special airtime on 04-25-2009.
This set contains at leat the first 30 minutes of his show. I will post the rest on this thread as soon as I find them.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
Were these people who survived already vaccinated with tamiflu or something?, and if not who come they all recovered and Mexico showing these high mortality rates..?

I don't think they were before, but have been now as it says in the papers. And it has seemed to have stopped the flu for the people in America, or lets hope so anyway.

The Mexico strains seems to have evolved into several and severely more dangerous variations of itself and that is probably why Tamiflu isn't working as well down there.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Sambell]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join