It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven People in U.S. hit by Strange New Swine Flu

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Yes, it's all very mysterious but I myself really don't know what to think as to the true cause/origin. Like you said, people do travel fast....
I'm totally in agreement about the numbers being played down. One Dr said 3-4 have been dying daily for 3 weeks in his hospital...so what's going on in the other 2, 351 Mexican hospitals ?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Now coming out here on TV 3 detained with possible mexican flu symptomns in Madrid airport after returning from holidays there..well its now a 2 continent epedemic..

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
CDC says there are no screenings at US airports because of swine flu
9 minutes ago from TweetDeck

twitter, live from CDC briefing

NO SCREENINGS........?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Yes the vaccine will not be available for at least 13 weeks, if at all.
Even then, I would not accept it, for all the reasons already discussed here on this thread and elsewhere on ATS.

But as to the travel and open borders, well that should be stopped.
What is little known is that there are quarentine's being put on people in the U.S. and in Mexico. If they are going to go so far as quarentine the sick, they should STOP ALL BORDER TRAFFIC! They should restrict flights, and if need be, close the country all together...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yes it is suspect, especially since they now have suspected cases in New Zealand, UK, if these cases are swine flu it's already too late. Maybe they're hoping it will help lower the population.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
CDC says there are no screenings at US airports because of swine flu
9 minutes ago from TweetDeck

twitter, live from CDC briefing

NO SCREENINGS........?

No Screening, no restrictions. Yet at the same time, we have the State of New York on High Alert, with thier emergency preparedness plan...

The State of Mexico is in Emergency, and even the U.S. in State of Emergency, but no restrictions or closed border!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Yes that or put everyone into a state of fear. Or both! Either way, they have control.
Really, we will know so much more when the truth about what is going on in Mexico is known.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"New York Governor Paterson will hold an unscheduled news conference on swine flu at 5.30 p.m. EDT"

From Twitter...guess he's not golfing today?

I'm guessing he will assure there is Tamiflu for all and that there's nothign to fear.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The NYC kids went to Cancun about 2 weeks ago. What we don't know is how long they have been sick. They have probably been sick for the past week and a half...they started getting sick well before any of this came out.

I believe the Kansas people also were in Cancun. Cancun seems to be a common denominator for several US infected.

More than likely, if it originated in Mexico City, someone initialy got it there, went to Cancun and passed it there.

The fact that not one person in the US has died tells me that the viruses potency has declined somewhat from the initial infection (virus continue to mutate, into better or worse forms).

I'm holding my breath that people (young healthy people), don't die from this strain in the US...I think if/when we start hearing that than we have gone to the next level.

But given that initial infections occurred about 2 weeks ago...its a little late to start talking about shutting down borders and travel unless it does escalate to the next level (multiple deaths across the world).

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Tamiflu! I know...what a joke!

Tamiflu no longer works for dominant flu strain
U.S. health officials say almost 100% of the type A H1N1 strain showed resistance to the leading antiviral drug. So far, the influenza season has been mild.
By Mary Engel
February 04, 2009

A milder than usual U.S. flu season is masking a growing concern about widespread resistance to the antiviral drug Tamiflu and what that means for the nation's preparedness in case of a dangerous pandemic flu.

articles.latimes.com...

They were counting the flu season being mild! Or on the other hand, banking on the fact that it wouldn't be.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So, if this is going to be Obama's "test" as Biden and Powell announced, I hope he's gonna test "positive"

But, really, look at the dilemma of the authorities: screening all travel junctions is extremely expensive, all transportation and delivery would suffer on enormous scale. This might really be the big test for modern social infrastructure (might easily fail in case of pandemic).

Am I the only one who sees how actually our society is almost totally unprepared to deal with natural catastrophes? Not just pandemic, but also hurricanes, volcanoes, earthquakes and so on.

The society is simply constructed to respond to different kind of emergencies, and the connection with the nature is gravely severed.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If the U.S. government did nothing to stop 9/11 knowing full well a year or more before it would happen, why the hell would it start with border checks and scanning for a flu that could knowingly kill thousands now..??

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

I think you are righto!
I am aware...and thanks for pointing out the comparison! Just amazing how they do what they want, for the purpose they want to acheive, and play all the common folk as pawns!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
From CDC:

Laboratory testing has found the swine influenza A (H1N1) virus susceptible to the prescription antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir and has issued interim guidance for the use of these drugs to treat and prevent infection with swine influenza viruses.

oseltamivir is Tamiflu

All the linksbeing cited that say it is ineffective are from dates prior to this, remember this is NEW flu strain, information about previous ones does not apply here.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i just hope this dies down and or dosent effect us very hard, so i can be prepared next time but i cant buy anything like mask and water cause my parents dont get paid till the first so if it do come im #ed and i told my gma that i couldnt go to school and she just said its just the flu, like wtf

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by toepick
From CDC:

Laboratory testing has found the swine influenza A (H1N1) virus susceptible to the prescription antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir and has issued interim guidance for the use of these drugs to treat and prevent infection with swine influenza viruses.

oseltamivir is Tamiflu

All the linksbeing cited that say it is ineffective are from dates prior to this, remember this is NEW flu strain, information about previous ones does not apply here.

Tamiflu no longer works for dominant flu strain
U.S. health officials say almost 100% of the type A H1N1 strain showed resistance to the leading antiviral drug. So far, the influenza season has been mild.
By Mary Engel
February 04, 2009

A milder than usual U.S. flu season is masking a growing concern about widespread resistance to the antiviral drug Tamiflu and what that means for the nation's preparedness in case of a dangerous pandemic flu.

articles.latimes.com...

What am I missing?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I was replying to someone that was talking about the WHO, not state officials.

As far as here in this country, i'm sorry but i don't believe there is any such thing as having the weekend off for our state officials when we are facing a possible pandemic. They should all be working diligently to find the best course of action to keep our citizens as safe as possible.

There are confirmed cases in five states now, three of which are not border towns, this is not a simple matter.

I'm sure we all know that banning all passenger transport is useless now, it's already spread. But there are other precautions that they can implement that they have not.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You're missing where it says "almost 100%" and this is a new strain, meaning that is hasn't fully evolved to be drug resistant.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Reuters:

"Mexican Finance Minister says World Bank will give the country assistance to deal with swine flu outbreak."

Naw...please...say it ain't so???? There isn't any way this could all be about money is there?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The CDC as of April 25, 2009 is saying that Tamiflu works against this virus.

The other article is from Feb of 2009.

Also..not one single person in the US or Canada has died as a result of this flu yet.

All of them had what he describes as "very mild" cases of the flu.
link

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join