It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven People in U.S. hit by Strange New Swine Flu

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Some practical information here, "just in case"...

what happens to the food supply in a pandemic

I'm in the UK and will be going shopping all next week for sure. It's bound to show up here soon enough.

When we were watching CNN earlier someone from the WHO was saying the virus began about a month ago and he added that means that by now it will be all around the world. Think about it, people go on holiday to Mexico from all sorts of countries and it takes just one person coming home to Wales, England, Germany, wherever to start something off there too.

[edit on 25/4/09 by cosmicpixie]

[edit on 25/4/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Good post I think we may be in for something bad here: This is Why

This event is an advanced biological warfare event. It is far more important than 9/11 and, by itself, could bring deaths in such magnitudes as to exceed the number of deaths from all causes in the Second World War.

www.opednews.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by itsblownbackbaby

Do you have a link to this report?
I expect reports to escallate rapidly. WHY WON'T THEY STOP FLIGHTS AND CLOSE BORDERS NOW?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I am with you 100% on this one. I have never taken a flu vaccination of any kind and I don't intend to start now.

I know so many folks who take flu vaccinations and then get it anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yes I read that article earlier today, it's on RENSE too. I know I'm a conspiracy head but I'm also very LEVEL headed as is my partner but we are both getting a really bad intuition about all this . He's normally very laid back but has been going on about getting supplies, talking to his parents, etc...most uncharacteristic . We are trying not to get too worked up about it but in the face of all these developments its hard not to think "this really is the real thing now" and we are feeling rather stunned...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by itsblownbackbaby

Do you have a link to this report?
I expect reports to escallate rapidly. WHY WON'T THEY STOP FLIGHTS AND CLOSE BORDERS NOW?

Everything should be shut down - borders - airlines - schools - the whole lot.
People need to just go home and chill for a few days - while we see what transpires -

As it stands - everyone I am talking to outside of the ATS group and some very choice friends think I am being ridiculous - Why wouldn't they - A missing cat is on the local news - instead of this...

[edit on 25-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I did not see it on Rense...I will go look, but this is not from Rense...It was from OpEdNews...

www.opednews.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I know, there is not enough precautions being taken. We are all going to have to be proactive, because if we act as irresponsible as the leaders are, we're dead!!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by burntheships

Yes I read that article earlier today, it's on RENSE too. I know I'm a conspiracy head but I'm also very LEVEL headed as is my partner but we are both getting a really bad intuition about all this . He's normally very laid back but has been going on about getting supplies, talking to his parents, etc...most uncharacteristic . We are trying not to get too worked up about it but in the face of all these developments its hard not to think "this really is the real thing now" and we are feeling rather stunned...

I am the same way as you and keep a lot of this stuff to myself so I dont upset my wife and child. I brought this up to her last night and she asked me if I was turning into some kind of wack job. So I am not going to say anything more to her about it and just keep getting supplies on my own for us.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

I know exactly how you feel. My wife thinks the same thing about me. I told her that we should go to the store tonight and get what we will need for the next few weeks and she said I was being paranoid. Luckily I have a lot of water and canned goods that I have been stockpiling for the last few months.

I tried to warn some of my friends but they all think the same thing. Everyone wants to believe that this is nothing and it will pass without effecting them. I think they are fatally wrong.

Regardless, my kids will not be going to school next week. My 1yo son came down with a fever and diarrhea today. I hope it is just a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

You are doing the right thing. If you can afford it , buy in extra for immediate family who won't catch on til later and then sell on it to them if and when they need it. If you are buying only what you would normally buy in anyway, just in advance, then there is really no extra money being spent, it is just shopping in bulk and will all get used either way.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
How many of you have looked at the pole on the forum page? This question was up before the whole flu pandemic thing started.

Close to 40% of the people have only what's in their kitchen in the event of something like this.

There will be a lot of misery going around if this plays out as it appears that it will.

wupy

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Yes, it came from the same article cosmicpixie quoted - here ya go

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
my family knows Im crazy.. but they also know when I get a bad feeling to pay attention, so Im not being met with any resistance, its just hard to convince someone else to get worked up enough about it themselves to actually take the steps they need to, to be fully prepared. I mean, my Mom agreed not to leave the house this weekend (she lives in San Diego) but shes not gonna go stockpile up or anything.. for her sake and so many others, I hope Im wrong.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Missed that pole, hopefully it woke a few people up!

The difference here so far between the U.S. cases, and the ones in Mexico is huge though. So far everyone in the U.S. has recovered. (that we know of)
But if the BBC is getting accurate information...possible over 1000 are deaths in Mexico. Big Big difference!

Still thinking thinking thinking!

[edit on 25-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by pcgeek

You are doing the right thing. If you can afford it , buy in extra for immediate family who won't catch on til later and then sell on it to them if and when they need it. If you are buying only what you would normally buy in anyway, just in advance, then there is really no extra money being spent, it is just shopping in bulk and will all get used either way.

I am buying enough for me, my wife and my son. It is just depressing when your other half doesnt want to listen. I cant afford a lot because I was laid off a few months ago. I have bought a lot of packs of breathing masks. Starting to get extra canned food and getting gallons of water. I have it all hidden in my personal closet that she never goes in. What else should I buy?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pcgeek

like someone else said - Influenza test kits... vitamin C.. antibiotics.. gloves.. and a can opener

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
News Flash!!!

Mexico’s Calderon Declares Emergency Amid Swine Flu Outbreak

Mexican President Felipe Calderon declared an emergency in his country’s swine flu outbreak, giving him powers to order quarantines and suspend public events.

Authorities have canceled school at all levels in Mexico City and the state of Mexico until further notice, and the government has shut most public and government activities in the area. The emergency decree, published today in the state gazette, gives the president authority to take more action.

I am not sure...but I think possibly I see Martial Law in the horizon!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
edit to delete double post by bts

[edit on 25-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

Take him to the doctor and insist that they check him for the flu just to be safe. It may be that he's just teething, but on the other hand he's too young to let you know if he has a sore throat, muscle aches, etc. Better safe then sorry.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join