It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom: Video adds more pain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Ahhh I understand now, if you do not fall under the definition of 'upstanding citizen' then you have less standing with people (or you should)

See I was under the premise that when someone is murdered it was considered 'bad' by the general populace. I did not realize that 'normal' had shifted to: "Murder is okay if they "deserve" it." (With "deserve" to be defined in a general way by society.)

Alrighty, I am on the same page now!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

You do not need to do anything for the mob to think you deserve it.

Police will organise it for the mob. Democracy is mob rule afterall.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorioSee I was under the premise that when someone is murdered it was considered 'bad' by the general populace. I did not realize that 'normal' had shifted to: "Murder is okay if they "deserve" it." (With "deserve" to be defined in a general way by society.)

What are you talking about? The cop did not kill anyone, the cop did NOT commit a crime. This is about the cop making comments in his OFF time. Comments like "one less drug dealer" which seems to be VERY VERY ACCURATE.

Your point was that it might have been a "robbery", the victim might not have been involved with a constant stream of gun toting thugs that shoot people. Your argument was this was "random". In fact no, it was NOT random, it had happened before, to him and apparently his brother and even his SISTER was fighting with gun toting thugs.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I am talking about how you are implying that; not only was the shooting 'not that bad', but also how the victim may have even deserved the outcome. Furthermore, your dossier on the other 2 people, the 30 year old fellow was shot for breaking up an altercation between an unkown person and his sister; how does that make him not an "upstanding citizen"? Since you used it as "proof" that these people were not "above board".

What the Officer did was human (made a mistake.). Was what the officer did, against the law? I would have to do alot of reading to figure that one out, I know that he never went into specifics so if it was an "open case" he broke no rules.

EDIT
The part about it "sounded like" well you started that one, then you edited that out of your post. I called you on it on the other page, bad form. And now you are trying to make me look like I am talking crazy, looks like someone doesn't know how to debate above board.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by adigregorio]

[edit on 4/19/2009 by adigregorio]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
The cop did not do ANYTHING illegal.

It is the MORAL issues that are the problem here. He wasnt discussing this man's death in a bar, he was JOKING about it. He was LAUGHING as he clearly thought the way this man's leg twitched after being shot in the head to be funny. Do you really not see anything wrong with finding that funny?

I see alot wrong with some one who finds murder and a guy on the ground twitiching after death, funny. What kind of sick person would enjoy a sight like that?

Drug dealer or not, the issue is the cop was joking about a non funny issue in a bar of all places. I can understand venting after seeing such a terrible thing, in private, mabye with a loved one, or even going to therapy. But joking in a bar with a bunch of drunk people?

How can you NOT see the moral issues here? Do you remember the case recently where a Houston Texans player was pulled over at the hospital for running a red light and he was not able to be with his mother in law as she died? Well what the cop did was NOT illegal, He had every right legally to pull the man over.

The issue that everyone took with that story, was a moral one. After pulling the man over it became obvious why he ran the red light, and other cops would have just let him go with a warning, Hell I have been let off wit a warning for speeding to the vet, because my dog was injured in a dog fight. That is way less severe than a mother dying.

That cop resigned by the way, Not because he did anything illegal but because of the large public outcry of the moral's that this cop apparently lacked.

So that is the issue with this cop, who found murder hillarious. The man has terrible morals. Death is NOT funny, and the setting he was in was NOT an appropriate place to be even talking about it. If he wanted to talk about it he should have been in private, mabye sharing how he feels, with his wife, or perhaps go to see a therapist after seeing such a horrible event. That is what a sane person would do!

I will not be surprised if this cop resigns. I hope so. We need some cops with actual morals now more than ever. We do not need cop's who use the murder of an actual human being to be the punch line of his drunken jokes....disgusting.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Appealing to emotion aside, I agree with your observation.

No written laws were broken, but several people had their morals trampled on. Of course my stance here is "Too bad, life sucks then you die." I do not think the cop should be punished in any 'bad' sence. I think perhaps a talk about the 'proper times' for discussions of that nature.

And a side note, I joke about deaths I see all the time. I laugh more at a horror flick then I do a romantic comedy. Darwin deaths, super funny (to me). I am not a 'sick' person, or a 'demented' person I just have personal preferences. (That was my rebuttle to the "appeal to emotion")

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorioFurthermore, your dossier on the other 2 people, the 30 year old fellow was shot for breaking up an altercation between an unkown person and his sister; how does that make him not an "upstanding citizen"?

Do you understand english? IT IS THE SAME PERSON! The same guy that was shot just now was ALSO shot last year in ANOTHER FIGHT OUTSIDE OF A BAR!

Does that sound like coincidence? Getting shot during arguments TWO YEARS IN A ROW??? Having a brother that was charged with murder? And a sister that gets in fights on the street with ARMED THUGS??

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wow---sounds like some social Darwinism going on here. Some posters (not naming names) seem to feel that it is ok that "undesirables" are murdered or that bad drivers deserve to be wrecked into....wow what's next on your eugenics want list? People with posts you don't agree with have to take the "purple pill"? and it's up to the imagination as to what the purple pill will do....

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mkultraangel

My red light post was sarcasm, no offense taken

----

Do you understand english? IT IS THE SAME PERSON! The same guy that was shot just now was ALSO shot last year in ANOTHER FIGHT OUTSIDE OF A BAR!

Yes it is the same person, but it seems that the first shooting was not a "drug deal" he was protecting his sister, how does this make him an "unsavory citizen"?

Does that sound like coincidence? Getting shot during arguments TWO YEARS IN A ROW??? Having a brother that was charged with murder? And a sister that gets in fights on the street with ARMED THUGS??

1. No not a coincidence, I would not be suprised if it was the same shooter.

2. A brother charged with murder, so that makes him a bad guy too? (How did you come to this conclusion? Guilt by association?)

3. So you saw that fight, you saw the sister 'get into it' with "armed thugs" (How do you know they were both armed?)

Your argument is falling apart. Bias judging of another human is not a proper past time, just because my family member is a bad person does not make me one by proxy......sheesh.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkultraangel
Wow---sounds like some social Darwinism going on here. Some posters (not naming names) seem to feel that it is ok that "undesirables" are murdered or that bad drivers deserve to be wrecked into....wow what's next on your eugenics want list?

So you think murderers and drug dealers and people that carry illegal weapons and shoot at each other are just fine right? Condemning that behavior would be racist? A form of eugenics?

Yes that surely IS messed up. Talk about no standards, now even murder and drug dealing is considered "a suitable lifestyle choice" and judging that lifestyle is WRONG.

And yes, you are absolutely right. I honestly do NOT care if killers and drug dealers get themselves offed. Good riddance.

And the POOR mother, who raised drug dealers and killers, she is so upset that a cop talked about her dead son. If she wanted her kids to survive maybe she should have raised them a bit better. Cry me a river.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The point of my posting this was to point out the coldness of police officers...and how they behave on and off-duty. They should behave like the 'pillars' of community that they claim to mock others for not being.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

This is a great point!

Should cops be held to higher moral standards, since they are in positions that imply such standards?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I keep saying like a broken record that the police are 99% serial killers.

Another thread worthy of that assertion. Nothing to be said, other than what i said above. But someone will come on here, saying the police are this and that, and there are only some bad apples, rubbish, they are 99% bad.

I doubt they want anyone joining the police who can really analyse any of the things they do, they just are foot soldiers today.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by andy1033]

That's not out of the norm for the Cleveland area, though (where it appears this happened at). The cops and security guards do a lot worse than that in Cleveland.

Cops and security guards in the Cleveland area really find people on the street and randomly beat the crap out of them, blood all over the place. It's a very poor city, and I keep trying to warn folks about what goes on in Cleveland. I've been dragged into enough back offices to know that Cleveland is definitely not Toronto.

There's so much hate and so many cops and security guards wanting to get some black folks here, that some time you should be seeing a major story coming out of here as far as police or security guard brutality. Someone is going to catch these folks on camera and post it on youtube, and we're talking major. I'm working on getting a better camera phone (the camera phones really suck in America.. this isn't Japan), and I plan to have that recording whenever I'm outside.

These folks are very violent and hateful in the Cleveland Area.

edit to add: Ooops! Looks like this happened in "Erie" and not "Cleveland", but they just showed the mother in Cleveland. My bad. But "Erie" isn't that far away from Cleveland, and it in no way belittles the fact that Cleveland has serious problems.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by MegaCurious]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I am not saying that living a morally questionable lifestyle is ok-no...but taking some behaviors and even a cluster a behaviors and then leaping to know EVERYTHING about a person is just a bit narcissistic of you. Yeah people do bad things, everyone does at some point...murder and drug dealing not so much, BUT you are taking some MSM stories and saying yup cops say these people are bad, so and so says, so it must be true. You seem to have an arsenal of facts on the case to prove that you're right...this guy, his brother and sister ALL BAD...if your info gathering has made yourself feel better in your claim that all these people deserve to die---good whatever---doesn't sound like you'd be losing any sleep over the departed anyway....

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

And yes, you are absolutely right. I honestly do NOT care if killers and drug dealers get themselves offed. Good riddance.

And the POOR mother, who raised drug dealers and killers, she is so upset that a cop talked about her dead son. If she wanted her kids to survive maybe she should have raised them a bit better. Cry me a river.
[edit on 19-4-2009 by Sonya610]

Why are Black Americans instantly "drug dealers"? I mean, this guy didn't even get a trial or anything.

Where is the evidence saying that this guy was a drug dealer?? What criminal trial determined that?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
Why are Black Americans instantly "drug dealers"? I mean, this guy didn't even get a trial or anything.

Did you read the various articles? He was convicted of various crimes, including drugs. His brother was arrested for murder and hung himself. This guy was shot two years in a row during fights.

Various articles from various sources. Not the word of "the cops". Isn't it inconvenient when stereotypes are true? Yeah the cop said he was a drug dealer, and it appears he led a VERY unsavory life. Go figure. I would love to find more on this guys rap sheet, but instead only a couple of articles came up from a year ago.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Keep on searching for this guy's files, maybe you can assemble a dosier (sp?) on the guy and every other person that you believe deserves to die....honestly I don't think you understand how Stasi -- Fascist this sounds.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I smell a troll who just enjoys being belligerant and unreasonable and again, ...I just refuse to go offtopic.

Topic is 'a city PAID via your taxes-employee who acts inappropriately and unprofessionably.'

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have seen cops on a law enforcement forum gang together and start laughing over pictures of someone that was decapitated when running from the police and a story about a motorcyclist decapitated when speeding through a tollbooth.

It was so bad, the forum owner had to shut down both threads. There is nothing unusual here.

It is simply detestable and insensitive to mock someone's death. I would (and should) expect more honorable conduct.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Isn't it inconvenient when stereotypes are true? Yeah the cop said he was a drug dealer, and it appears he led a VERY unsavory life. Go figure. I would love to find more on this guys rap sheet, but instead only a couple of articles came up from a year ago.

I don't think I'll be coming to Atlanta anytime soon. If this is the tolerance level there, then I would imagine it's not the safest place for Black Americans.

And no, stereotypes are never true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join