It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom: Video adds more pain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It does not matter if this man was a drug dealer, ex con or whatever he was! He was a human being that was murdered and that is NEVER a laughing matter! This guy is just another example of a bad cop! Not all cops are bad of course but this attitude is not rare at all among the boys in blue. To make jokes about a man shaking like a chicken is reprehensible, he needs to be out of a job, this is not the way a professional blows off steam! It is apparent that in his opinion all people are not worth having a life or any sort of respect even in death.

I couldn't even watch the entire youtube of this [SNIP]. What is even sadder is that people here would actually say that behavior is acceptable. As far as judging that mother, trust me honey kids often go the wrong way...how dare you judge that woman. Perhaps you should all get together with that cop and have a few beers and a few laughs. Sick!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
the tendency to excuse callous behaviour by blaming it on the victim's supposed lifestyle is no surprise.
then, to blame the parent for the choices of their children is another tactic.
it doesn't matter where he was born, who parented the young man, or who he chose to hang around with.
but, to sum up the total worth of a human being by what is read in an article, sounds like someone with an inflated sense of self-importance.

there was a case here in maryland where a young murdered his entire family and then went to a friend's house to play video games.
he's from, what is considered to be, a typical suburban community.
are his murdered parents and siblings responsible for their own murders?

the officer showed poor taste and no morals.
i also don't deny that some cops do behave this way because they don't think that certain people's existence aren't important.

i wonder what the reactions would be to someone laughing and joking about a policeman's murder.
quite different i believe.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by heather65]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It makes no difference if the man was a drug dealer or not. By the way being convicted of possesion of drugs and paraphenalia does not make you a drug dealer, he could have had a dime bag and some rolling papers, does that make him a low life that deserved to be murdered.

The officer was wrong for discussing the case in a public place period. And he was morally wrong for joking about the murder of anyone, especially to the point of laughing about how the man was shaking like a chicken after being shot in the head.

For him to say something like one less drug dealer, is basically justifying the man's murder. And that in itself suggests that he may not be so quick to protect citizens that he deems undeserving of his respect and protection, that is cause for concern about his job performance.

It is well understood that police officers see horrific things on a daily basis and need to vent, however there are proper places, times, and people to do this with, your local bar in front of the general public is not one of them.

IMO he doesn't need to be on the police force at all, and if allowed to keep his job should be made to go for counsling and his actions on the force should be closely monitored.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
pisses me off.

cops should be protecting people, not bullying them.

this is why i don't like them!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Originally posted by Sonya610

The victim, who had convictions including possessing drugs and paraphernalia, was shot outside a bar after fighting with another man, police have said.

www.post-gazette.com...

That is NOT the same thing as a drug dealer...I'm sorry but your bias is showing

What you are saying effectively is that if someone has "drug paraphernalia" like a water pipe, the cops should be okay with killing someone because that also somehow makes them a drug dealer too?

psst! a little hint for you...not all cops are good, and just because they are cops that doesn't mean they are allowed to callously flaunt their killing in public.

So once again, just because someone has a dime-bag & a pipe doesn't make them a drug dealer no matter how much your sensibilities will tell you that. And that absolutely does not give the cops a right to kill someone over it either as you seem to be implying.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
That is NOT the same thing as a drug dealer...I'm sorry but your bias is showing

Heck yeah it is showing. The article did not want to say much of ANYTHING about this guys criminal past, it just says he has one.

Other articles revealed this guy had been shot a year ago under nearly identical circumstances, and that at least one other family member was wanted for murder. Typical media bias, make criminals out to be choir boys to fool the masses.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm surprised more people here aren't familiar with "gallows humor". All police officers, firefighters, soldiers, and yes even emergency room physicians and morticians engage in it. It's a defense mechanism. When you're in a situation that causes you to deal with really horrible things on a daily basis, it's a coping mechanism.

Don't be naive, they all do it. The unfortunate thing is when an "outsider" overhears it.

Most of us have the luxury of being horrified by the horrific. Some don't.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It is just amazing to me the amount of people on this board feeling pity for a convicted drug dealer killed by one of his compadres, and the vehemence felt towards the police in whole (99% of them are serial killers. Really?).

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A drug dealer/drug user bites off more then he can chew with someone at a bar....the guy at the bar kills said drug dealer/user...cops show up, DO THEIR JOB BY FINDING AND ARRESTING the murder suspect. And yet many ATS members BLAME THE POLICE, actually post as if the cops killed this guy, and did nothing to get justice. I am sitting here shaking my head at how DUMB people are on this site anymore. NO common sense, NO ability to think, NO ability to speak WITHOUT bias! It's sad.

To those of you who DID read everything, understood everything and actually KNOW what happened, and that the cops CAUGHT the murder suspect, I applaud you...THANK GOD for the few of you left who understand!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

In order to be a "drug dealer" some one has to sell & trade in illicit drugs, as far as the information presented is concerned, that is not part of the man's past. I'm not saying I know for a fact he has never done so, but it definitely hasn't been reported that way

So that is YOU assuming he is a drug dealer and that somehow all criminals should be judged and shot dead in the street by cops or something...

So get over your "moral" self already because it's the same one who callously dismisses a serious instance based on the fact the cop made a bias statement of his own that has no substantiation as far as the public knows....it sure is a long way to fall off a moral high-horse sometimes, so watch yourself.

It's not about the cop being right or wrong to shoot, it's about him be an A-hole afterwards in a public place about it. I don't like the fact a cop can shoot someone in the head, then make fun of his death-face, that sounds like something a sociopath would do actually.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

So defending your sister in a fight, and then getting shot (without defending you sister in a fight) is the same circumstances?

Boy you really lose me with your 'proof(s)'

All this boils down to is racisim, he was black, had some type of drug on him at ONE TIME so he must be a drug dealer! He protects his sister in a fight and gets shot in the arm, ahh drug dealer!

Oh!! And my favorite! It is his mothers fault! Cause we all know that a full grown adult still relys on his mother to make desicions. Sheeeeeeesh!!

I swear the ignorance in this thread is suffocating!

You still have not told me how defending ones sister in a fight makes them an unsavory citizen, methinks you avoid it on purpose

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I was thinking the same thing a few pages ago! I do not think any type of reprimand should be issued to the officer. I do think a "reminder" on when the appropriate time for the "dessert talk" is.

From the video, the officer never did anything "wrong". In a law sence of the word anyways. If he has said "Ahh yeah, that John Doe! He had been shot..." Then he would have been revealing points on a 'pending' case, since he was vague I do not see any law being broken. Any law that I know of that is.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The main question is do you want this man to carry a gun and have the power to imprison, beat, or kill you?

I don't.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

In the best of all possible worlds, I wouldn't want anyone to ever have the power to beat, imprison, or kill me. But the reality is, someone has to be willing to take that on. It's called the Thin Blue Line. And as much as Gore Vidal is a gentle soul, swell raconteur and writer, I don't think that type qualifies.

As Orwell said, "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Should the officer have been more circumspect in his behavior? Absolutely.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
It does not matter if this man was a drug dealer, ex con or whatever he was! He was a human being that was murdered and that is NEVER a laughing matter! This guy is just another example of a bad cop! Not all cops are bad of course but this attitude is not rare at all among the boys in blue. To make jokes about a man shaking like a chicken is reprehensible, he needs to be out of a job, this is not the way a professional blows off steam! It is apparent that in his opinion all people are not worth having a life or any sort of respect even in death.

I couldn't even watch the entire youtube of this [SNIP]. What is even sadder is that people here would actually say that behavior is acceptable. As far as judging that mother, trust me honey kids often go the wrong way...how dare you judge that woman. Perhaps you should all get together with that cop and have a few beers and a few laughs. Sick!

I agree. Who gives a crap what he's done ... he's still human. Even that [SNIP] cop is human, though he sure isn't a nice one!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This is the MO of your average dropout dbag in a cop uniform. Dealing with them when you have to sucks more than anything I can think of.

Have fun enforcing the police state you pig. Yay tyranny!

PS you're just as expendable.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Heck yeah it is showing. The article did not want to say much of ANYTHING about this guys criminal past, it just says he has one.

Why should they?
He's the VICTIM.

I don't care what kind of spin you want to try and put on this - your posts show's only one thing -->You're trying to twist the issue. To spin the fact this drunken cop is nothing but a calloused pig and at the same time you’re trying to convince others the victim deserved what he got - it’s his lifestyle of choice.
Well guess what.
It's not going to work.

To Quote Redhead57

It does not matter if this man was a drug dealer, ex con or whatever he was! He was a human being that was murdered and that is NEVER a laughing matter!

As a caring compassionate human I have to agree.
Any human being who laughs and describes another death throws as "kicken like a chicken" is nothing but a reprehensible sorry excuse for a human being.
And a sick one too.

You’re laughing (*lol’ing*) that another person was shot not only once but the second time it killed him?
*Flush* - there went any credibility you might have had right down the pot.

My condolences go out to the mother and family of this young man.
I hope they can find peace.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Look at Sonya go, no wonder she's on my friends list, and she's right the OP has fallen into the media trap, what do you expect the cop to do, keep stum?? Maybe he should keep quiet about the rest of his job, maybe he should bottle up all the nasty things he sees throughout the days in his job and then pop and take it out on some guy who doesn't deserve it. maybe if the cops had outlets for all the inhumanity they see everyday then they wouldn't go around tazering the vulnerable, beating protesters and being a bunch o' bullys'

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Why should they?
He's the VICTIM.

Cool then by that standard, a peadophile can sit in a park drooling over your kids, and if you confront him then he is automatically a victim. Reminds me of a case of a warehouse some kids where playing on the roof which was clearly labeled (Keep off) and had barbed wire around it, they got on anyway and fell through, the manager was then held for manslaughter. I don't think that's right but I guess you do, same with criminals who are shot and stabbed by the people they are robbing, they are the victim after all.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Cool then by that standard, a peadophile can sit in a park drooling over your kids, and if you confront him then he is automatically a victim.

Oh pleaseee...
Give it a rest.
That doesn't even make and sense.
And you spelled pedophile wrong.

Back to the point.
The man who was murdered was a victim.
Period.
His past makes no difference whatsoever.

And the cop?
If he can't take the heat get the hell outta the kitchen.
There is NO excuse for that kind of behavior - NONE.

And believe me it wont be long when you'll be hearing about this cop again - he'll be the one caught on video beating a man or tazzing a 13 year old or breaking a protestors arm.

Just wait and see...

Anyway, when you're through playing at *who‘s on my friends list* and your little *clique* games and want to talk about this with some rational thinking and valid points with some logic to them I’d be glad to have a conversation with you.

peace

[edit on 20-4-2009 by silo13]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join