It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are all RACISTS..!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Very true...

I think Nationalism and national pride... are certainly the stepping stones for racism.

That's not to say that you can't be proud of your country or proud about achieving things or whatever.

But in all honesty What is there to be proud of in being white??
Or any race for for that matter... or tribe as someone else put it?
Or proud to be any nationality?

Seriously.... I'm interested.

[edit on 19/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I not sure of the answer to this big picture, I think that pride of nationalism etc can be broken down into a "foot-ball-team-supporter" type mentality; simplistic/irrational eg; My teams is better than yours ....yadda yadda.
A sickening trait of basic human nature- "I am OK- But, there's the bad guy"
.Can humanity really change its most base instinctual behavioural qualities???
Maybe if we can achieve this, be accepted to integrate with off-worlders into the galactic community; then we will see the eventual splicing of unorthodox DNA patterns, fulfilling Darwins Theory- then evolution may actually happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
One generation is all that it takes, YOU may not get out of the gutter... but there is no reason that you cannot get your KIDS out of the gutter.

72% of black babies were born out of wedlock in 2007. In many cases the men are fathering babies all over the place and don't even try to pay child support. Popping out kids with no thought as to how they will be raised is a HUGE part of the problem, and that is definitely a cultural problem.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

r.e. nationality,

a previous post of mine..

I am proud of my county hence my avatar, but i am also proud to be English, british, european and to be a part of this world. I love the world and all of the cultures that inhabit it - it makes it interesting
I am not proud however of the colour of my skin - it means very little to me.

I know what you are getting at though dude, and i agree with that. It not about who's the best ect, and i don't agree with that - that is not what i call pride, just obnoxious ignorance.

When i said i am proud of where i come from and what i am apart of, it is due to the nautural beauty of our suurounding thats unfortunately gets missed my so many - shame. I don't think there is anything wrong with being proud of your environment, especially when you wish to keep it looking nice, if we didn't take pride in it - we'd end up living in a strange place and very very urban all over - why do green belts exist? Like i also said though, i am proud of all the different cultures that have been, are and will be. I know for a fact that in Lincolnshire was invaded by vikings, later they were under norman rule, others came before (romans) and others after - we are all a mix of different cultures anyway. I don't think many people realise that even our english lanuage has derived from a 'variety' of cultures.

Heres a history lesson coutesy of Eddie Izzard regarding our mongrel nation - worth a watch
:

i love this one.....:

[edit on 19-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sonya, you are so right..and the tax payers are payinng for it..the has to be change. I understand people make mistakes but he numbers 75% tell you something else..A free ride in life..

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I strongly disagree. If everyone had national pride and was proud of their heritage as well, where would racism come into play. The fact of the matter is that every nation has a diversity of ethnic groups in their citizenry ergo if you have true national pride then you have pride for the diversity thus killing racism. I am proud that I am an American, but in no way shape or form does it make me angry or give me a feeling of superiority in regards to other nations. Everyone should be proud of their country. If you are not proud then help change the nation to a design that would make you proud.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Oh definitely... i know what you mean for sure.
I'm proud of where i live and I'm proud to be who i am and whatever.

It's all good.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

I strongly disagree. If everyone had national pride and was proud of their heritage as well, where would racism come into play.

I think it comes in to play by creating a division in the first place.
By creating an us-and-them mentality that is fueled by the "pride" you feel for your nation.

The fact of the matter is that every nation has a diversity of ethnic groups in their citizenry ergo if you have true national pride then you have pride for the diversity thus killing racism.

As i said.... I'm not saying that in every single instance that national pride/nationalism leads to racism.... not at all.
And yes...be proud of who you are and where you come from... great.
But this does, in some cases, lead to arrogance, hostility, intolerance, ignorance and thus racism..... racism is born out of ignorance and intolerance.

Being proud of heritage and culture is NOT being proud of race and country.
I'm still looking for examples of perhaps WHY you are proud to be American or white (if you are white).
Not being confrontational....i just am honestly intrigued.

I am proud that I am an American, but in no way shape or form does it make me angry or give me a feeling of superiority in regards to other nations. Everyone should be proud of their country. If you are not proud then help change the nation to a design that would make you proud.

Fair enough....but again...why are you proud?
What makes you proud to be American?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Very good question.

I think many around the world hear Americans say...

I'm proud to be an American.

Which I am, But this gets twisted on their end somehow into meaning that we think we are better than anybody else in the world.

For me when I say I'm proud to be an American I'm talking about our heritage and our diversity and the fact that we built a country from scratch that went on to do all the great things we have. This does not mean that I am looking down on what others have contributed to the world as a whole.

Nor is it meant to say we did it all by ourselves. I don't understand why it is taken that way.

I don't hear people getting upset with the Chinese, French, Spanish, Swiss or whomever when they say they are proud to be who they are?

So why does the US get nailed for it?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The American people have lead the way in giving equality to the sexes to start with. There are still many nations who feel that a woman is not equal to a man, I disagree with this theory. The American people as a whole are good natured and very concerned with the plight of other nations. When is the last time a country like Mexico, Africa, or even the middle east been a leader in privately funded humanitarian aid? You notice I am leaving the government out of the equation. How much ethnic cleansing occurs in the US? None that I am aware of not counting extremist who are very few an far between, that cause death because of ethnicity. The American people are more compasionate for others ouside their nation more so than most nations. So yes I am proud of the US.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

The American people have lead the way in giving equality to the sexes to start with. There are still many nations who feel that a woman is not equal to a man, I disagree with this theory.

As do most civilized nations....and you certainly were not the first.

The American people as a whole are good natured and very concerned with the plight of other nations. When is the last time a country like Mexico, Africa, or even the middle east been a leader in privately funded humanitarian aid?

As is the west in general and Africa is a continent, not a country!
I agree that we (Europe, Australia, North America) are usually there and react first in a crisis... But many of the middle eastern countries and African countries are not as secure as ours.
They have many corrupt dictators which make things like telethons, donations and "spreading the word" quite difficult... and it's usually them that we are giving aid to.
A lot of money is siphoned off making it very difficult.

You notice I am leaving the government out of the equation. How much ethnic cleansing occurs in the US? None that I am aware of not counting extremist who are very few an far between, that cause death because of ethnicity.

As i already pointed out in this thread.... we don't need ethnic cleansing.... we have enough blood on our hands already.
Illegal wars.... modern slavery, Ie; sweat shops, cheap labour etc.

And our capitalist lifestyles in general are just wrong.

The American people are more compssionate for others outside their nation more so than most nations. So yes I am proud of the US.

That's great, but i think you'll find most ordinary people around the world are compassionate and caring people.
Your MSM is doing a great job right?

[edit on 19/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh i totally understand that, and i am proud of that too.

As i said, achievements and heritage is one thing.... but as you say, it's the whole..."we're MORE this" and "we're BETTER that" thing that's annoying.
Not only Americans....but anywhere.

I am only talking about Americans because the person I'm replying to said they were an American...coulda been a Brit and Aussie or whatever... makes no difference to me mate

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather[/i

if two black guys hold up an white man, it is a robbery, if two white men hold up an black man, its racism..

I agree....but it's much worse.... 2 black guys robbing, people say "typical"

I think there is abit of racism in everyone but not hateful maybe just awareness of the difference.

FOR EXAMPLE...as you've been reading these posts....have you thought from what ethnic group each person may be??? black/white? See....just a thought!!

Does it matter if i'm black or white??? so why you wondering???

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr smith123

FOR EXAMPLE...as you've been reading these posts....have you thought from what ethnic group each person may be??? black/white? See....just a thought!!

Does it matter if i'm black or white??? so why you wondering???

IT was hard to tell if this was actually your question or if you were replying to another post?? The answer anyway is no, and never entered my head once. Its ATS, people can be male or female and you wouldn't know. I honestly don't think about race/sex ect and just read the posts.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

There is a reason for it.
Why is it not racist when it's AGAINST whites?
Why is it only racist when it's coming FROM whites?
Why DON'T whites care?
Why do other races get offended and whites DON'T?

I can answer these. It's easy to see.

Subconciously, we ALL know.

I think I need to address this conceit.

I met an African and Chinese anti-white supremacists. They each said that their race invented and discovered just about everything we use and eat. The first people to conquer the planet were African who left our birth continent. The Chinese dude said that they invented language and just about every science we use today. The black dude said they invented art music and the taming of the natural environment we exploit today.

They both said that the white only stopped painting their naked bodies blue and eating each other in their mud huts a thousand years ago. They claim the savagery of those days are still in the blood of the white man only now they ape civilised behaviour by accumulating material goods and sowing war and destruction amongst the original peoples.

Whites don't get offended because they WANT to be white. They are proud of their heritage. So they should be to, they only invented, um, everything. They only discovered, um, everywhere. So, racially abusing a white person does not work because they are not ashamed of their race and they know they're at the top. It's like laughing at the inner of a race 'cos he won, " ha ha, you won the race, he's not gonna be offended is he. "ha ha, you lost the race", see the difference. It's ok to be racist towards whites because, they've made it.

The nature of racism is about the expression of power. Anyone can be a hater but this is irrelevant unless it translates into denying employment, abuse, imprisonment and other forms of subjugation.

So while a white person can be full of pride and disregard being the subject of racial hatred by a black person in the US or New Zealand. That same hatred can be lethal in Zimbabwe or South Africa and white people do care about being the victims of racism.

When you say white people do not get offended by racial abuse from other races, you speak from a position of power. I am quite sure blacks, etc. do get offended by racism where you come from because it has ramifications you choose to ignore.

As for you wanting to be white, you state this as if a black man or any other do not want to be who they are. That assumption is profoundly racist. In your minds eye you recognise your privileged position and presume a state of wretchedness and inferiority in the black man. This is patently in accurate and an insight into the state of your mind. In fact I would say that amongst white people your mentality is of a minority. Either you are an immature youngster or an adult with a very low IQ.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress When is the last time a country like Mexico, Africa, or even the middle east been a leader in privately funded humanitarian aid?

Norway actually gives the highest percentage based on income. Iran also does a tremendous amount, mostly by taking in war refugees from Afghanistan and Iraq. They don't get credit for it on the world stage though, but it is very expensive to house refugees.

The U.S. is huge which is why we always come out on top when it comes to aid, in fact other countries do give a lot they just aren't as big so they can't take the top billing. The U.S. also gives a lot of money to Israel for arms, and that is included as foreign aid too.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.

I'm sorry you don't agree, it's just my observations after living in a 90% black neighborhood for 11 years.

Yes I was generalizing, but also trying to get people here to realize what they're saying, that most of their views towards minorities is wrong.

You don't think that the reason most blacks are in poverty is because of the way blacks have been treated by whites? Don't tell me you agree with them about lazy blacks want to collect welfare and not work?

Contributed greatly to it, no doubt, but no more so than tribal leaders casting off the undesirables on the west African shores hundreds of years ago.

Are you really black? Because so what, it was still whites who funded and used the slaves, right? It would have happened whether the tribal leader helped or not. It was slavery that helped America become the economic power it is, but it's only been what? 40 years since segregation ended? That's not a lot of time, yet whites seem to think blacks have all the same opportunities whites do. They don't for many reasons that most don't see and don't understand, and Americas past treatment of blacks is the main reason.

Anyway, on topic, yes, we are all equally racist.

You really think we're all racists? Isn't that a little unfair? What was it you said in your first paragraph about talking for a whole group?
It's easy to label everyone is racist, or evil, or whatever, it makes it easier to justify your own racism.

African-American waiters and waitresses may do the same job as their white co-workers yet take home a lot less cash.

Research suggests that the restaurant chains aren’t the bad guy in this. Instead, customer biases – by blacks and whites – may result in lower tips for African Americans. Since tips account for a sizeable portion of a service worker’s pay, this is a case where little differences can add up to sizeable income gaps.

tri-statedefenderonline.com...

They can be just as educated, just as bilingual and in the same high-paying jobs as white people, but black Montrealers still earn substantially less than whites, a new McGill University research project shows.

www2.canada.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Who says it has to be an "Us and Them" mentality in order to be proud of the good things the people of your nation do. It only becomes "Us and Them" when people start pointing out flaws in others and or other nations.

Everyone should be proud of what they accomplish. Our society in the US is the peoples accomplishment. I participate in several facets to improve our society, there fore when the improvements begin to show face, I become proud. This doesn't mean anyone or any nation is less but it does mean we have accomplished improvments and will continue to improve more in the future.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CityIndian

Is it a possibility that the lower earnings are a reflection of attitude being pushed onto the people who are paying their wages? I know for a fact that a person is going to be more giving in a tip situation if the person is genuine and has a good attitude towards others.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You...Are....an....idiot...
Blonde jokes aren't racist, just as brunnette jokes arent racist, blonde jokes are to make humour of the small part of blonde WOMEN who are stupid, if anything it's a sexist joke, but then again, the fact that you wrote a thread like this just strenghthens your own point of white people being idiots....FOOL

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join