It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are all RACISTS..!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CityIndian

You still don't get it.

You are part of the class that enslaved them, as a white person you are of the majority class.

Racism is when you feel you are superior to another race and discriminate against that race. When a white person discriminates agianst a black it's from what? Hate of their skin color or culture?
When a black calls you whitey it's because of the years of oppression from whites, a huge difference.

Your logic gives me a headache.

Anyway I don't get how genetics give anyone a right to say things with an offencive motive.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
reply to post by CityIndian

Please tell me how I am part of the class that enslaved anyone. I had no part nor condone the ownership of people. Are you not being racist by grouping me together with other people of the same race?

And what race would that be? lol

I think white people of america come from many different european etc countries all with different genetics etc.

It's kind of hard to put people in a group like that haha.

What race are we? The human race!

Except the green eyed race, damn I hate them! I hesitate to call them human.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I should probably go back to using the word ethnic or ethnicity rather than race. Yes we are all one race and should be treated as such.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Exactly, and sometimes letting go and learning to forgive history can help us all move on together as humans. Those people stuck in the past, especially those who never experienced it, are holding us back as a whole.

Yes we all know past events shape the present, and people like to use that as an excuse, but we can never move on if we focus on the past instead of the future.

The future is when we can move on and travel space together as brothers
hehe

Except of course the green eyes, ugh...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You still don't get it.

You are part of the class that enslaved them, as a white person you are of the majority class.

Racism is when you feel you are superior to another race and discriminate against that race. When a white person discriminates agianst a black it's from what? Hate of their skin color or culture?
When a black calls you whitey it's because of the years of oppression from whites, a huge difference.

Thanks, I KNOW that I am part of the race that did a lot of terrible things.
And yes, there is the type of racism that is based on disliking a skin colour or culture, and another that is based on years of oppression, abuse, etc.
I have no problem admitting that my race did some terrible, unspeakable things. And yes, it IS indeed a huge difference. None of this applies to what I am saying though.

I wasn't ultimately complaining about somebody calling me whitey. The groups that I was taught to be nice to my entire life feel fine about hanging out with my sister because she looks more like them but can shun me. That there is a double standard. It's ABSURD. In case you didn't notice. They're allowed to feel justified in treating people differently because of skin colour, because they were the oppressed group in the past?
What's next? Look how we were treated, therefore we have a right to cause physical harm? Or murder? Race specific hate crimes...
Then you become no better than the people that started the problem. You're starting on the same damned path...Congrats.....
Don't we want this sh*t to stop?

I'm not saying that somebody should not fight for equal rights and proper treatment, if a group is clearly still oppressing them. I'm not saying that a group is not justified to fear that these things may still be happening and look out for them, and try to change them. I am saying it's backwards that harmful racist activity is supported and justified in many cases because of double standards (And I have personally not experienced anything that reaches the level of 'harmful', I can take being judged for not having the right shade of skin, but I have seen much worse here, which I find concerning. )
Fighting for rights and proper treatment is not what I am calling racism here. In case that is what you're worried about.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Oh no, you were wrong for that! Are you sure you’re a Marine? You talk in complete sentences with no spelling errors… I always knew Marines to only have a vocabulary of 20 words, all of which were synonyms for ‘kill’ and that they had to take their boots off to count…

Just joking Marine, we of the Airborne Rangers/SPF love you jar head bullet stoppers! De Oppresso Liber Marine! (You just KNOW I could not leave that post unanswered!) Blue Skies and a green LZ!

[edit on 4/18/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Can someone please point out a tribe (not using the word 'race', because it doesn't mean anything concrete) who HASN"T got some evil history?

Please... someone name a tribe (group of people) on this dirtball who were spotlessly clean in their entire history. All I can think of is the Neutral Indians of southern Ontario and they were ALL killed off by another local tribe.

Saxons and Germanic tribes? Nope.
Egyptians and Israelites? Uh Uh
Tutsis and Hottentots? er... no, that WAS bad, wasn't it?
China? Well, they killed a lot of their own for sure, but then there's that Tibetan thing.

Hey... Tibetans! Did they ever like to get their hands dirty? Warrior monks, etc.?

Everybody has blood on their hands. Everyboby!!!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

This is a very true stance on the subject. Not one ethnic group is free of sin so to speak. Look at all of the ethnic cleansing going on across the globe. At least there is no ethnic cleansing going on in the US.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
OK I love this video series here is video 1 of 13

For all those who believe there is a difference based on "Race" or skin color this will be a massive eye opener. I would highly recommend watching the complete series!

I think I'll upload it later to our video/media center.

You will have a completely different opinion about the human race!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Everybody has blood on their hands. Everyboby!!!

SPECIAL OFFER!
U2U me for my ebay sale for blood remover hand wash. It removes 100% blood and 10% guilt!

Buy quick and you will get a free time machine, so you can go back in time and help wipe the blood off the hands of your ancestors.

Buy now help promote world peace, remove that guilt we were born with.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

LOL.. I personally do not feel guilty for the mistakes of others. I do however feel educated in what is right and what is wrong with our human race. Why should one feel guilty for injustices perpatrated by others with their same ethnicity. Should I feel guilty if a white guy beats his wife or commits serial murders?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoebeflakes
It doesn't upset me if somebody calls me whitey. It upsets me that I was taught that I'm inherently racist for being white basically, and bombarded with all this stuff about how I need to treat a certain group better (even though I'd never once given a flying sh*t about anyone's own race) but despite this, many many people in that group remain highly, often absurdly racist, as though they were exempt from any of the principles taught...

You still don't get it.

Really? Since when are the "whites" the majority race. Last time I checked even in the US population the "whites" are not even close to the majority anymore. Please do some research prior to stating facts that can be proven wrong.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Truly funny.

Cold water works best, though.

All I'm trying to say is that it's rediculous to be pointing fingers this way and that, recounting the horrors inflicted on each other and getting all worked up over things that happened centuries, if not millenia ago.

How stupid is THAT?

In Quebec, the agony of losing the war on the Plains of Abraham is still so strong that a recent re-enactment had to be called off for fear of reprisals.

Now that's really funny.

I'm surprised nobody called me out on the Neutrals. Far from peaceful, they were feared warriors. I only picked the name because it sounded 'peaceful'. They were still massacred in southern Ontario, though, and a site remains near Grimsby.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Disregard. made mistake.

not enough characters not enough characters blah blah blah blah blah blah

[edit on 18-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
At least there is no ethnic cleansing going on in the US.

That is hilarious....

They and us (UK) have more blood on our hands than most.
Don't need ethnic cleansing.

There would be so much blood..... you wouldn't even be able to distinguish the hands.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoebeflakes

Where did I state or imply that whites were the 'majority race'?
I repeated what I read online from others commenting on 'reverse racism' as calling whites the 'majority race' but that was not my opinion or sharing of any fact I believed.
Other than that, please share....

You are getting really boring. I don't think you really carefully read anything I post, you just get off on being a troll.

Edit Sorry I think I mistook this post as City Indians.
lol

[edit on 18-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

No problem, I was about to say that that post wasn't directed towards you. Made me have to double check what I wrote. LOL.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Crap.....I didn't edit it out quickly enough lol....
Bah....
I nearly lost it there, I was like...come on dude....

And to top it off, right after complaining about him not reading my posts carefully....
Embarrassing.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Truly funny.

Cold water works best, though.

All I'm trying to say is that it's rediculous to be pointing fingers this way and that, recounting the horrors inflicted on each other and getting all worked up over things that happened centuries, if not millenia ago.

I agree

But if I find out anyone here is related to the Roman empire after what they did to my family!
That will be an exception!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I blame everybody for the state the world is in today.

No exeptions.

(well, maybe Tinkerbelle)

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I blame everybody for the state the world is in today.

No exeptions.

(well, maybe Tinkerbelle)

It's funny when you think about it, people can complain all they want.

But if history didn't happen exactly the way it did down to the tiniest detail, most of us would not be alive today!!

When you really think about that, it gives you a headache.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join