It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are all RACISTS..!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The other night me and some friends were sitting around the shop just talking about this and that. Well the subject of racism came up as it does so often when talking politics these days. It just so happend to be that this night there was mix of several ethnicities in the shop. It became an epiphony for most as I proved how racist everyone was.

We have all made or heard jokes that are based off the traits of each race. I personally feel that most jokes that have to do with traits or ethnic heritage of people, when done without making the ethnic group look to be less respectful than other ethnic groups, are not racist jokes at all. Read that run on sentence again.

Now with that being said what ethnic group has the most degrading jokes made about them?

Hispanic = NO
African American = NO
Asian = NO
Native American = NO
Middle Eastern = NO
Whites = YES

Hold on a second I just said the whites have the most racist jokes made about them. Am I crazy? NO..!!

Think about this, the apex of the white race as taught through out history has been the aryan line. Though I use the term perfect very loose the perfect white specimen is blond hair and blue eyes as taught to us even in school and social situations.

Every "blonde" joke is a racist joke. The jokes that all of us are guilty of saying, me included, are some of the most racist jokes ever said. The line of jokes pertaining to "blondes" covers every thing from being the dumbest people on the planet to being the most promiscuous of the human race.

How is it that the ones who are so often accused of being racist have the most racist jokes said about them? How have we as a melting pot of so many ethnicities become so blind to truely what racism is, that it becomes only racism if it is done to some one that has a skin tone other than white?

I enjoy ALL of the races of this planet and feel that every race should be proud of what we are and respectfull and proud of every diversity that the different races bring to the world. As far as I am concerned everyone is equal until they start treating others with inequality. Everyone should be judged by their actions as a person, not by their ethnicity.

Who would have ever thought of a "blonde" joke being racism?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I think everyone is a little racist also but I do not think it is bad to notice the differences in culture, only to feel superior to any certain group.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You are right. No ethnic group should feel superior to another. We are all just people trying to be happy and live life to the fullest. No one race is more superior in any way to the other.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Go to Hawaii sometime. They're PROUD of the ethnic jokes out there, and they tell some great ones. That's how they learned about each other many years ago when they were all imported to work the sugar cane and pineapple, and it became a tradition. Frank Delima kills with his Portuguese jokes.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Whats really funny is that it only really seems racist when you're on the receiving end other wise it's funny.

All races are equally worthless.

I'm still waiting for the Human race to get it's act together.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
We all tend to gravitate towards those simular to us. The key is to avoid deciding you are better than those who are different.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I remember when I was in college a professor making the argument, very seriously, that it is impossible for any whites to be the victim of racism, ever. I wish I could remember the exact line of argument -- it was about 20 years ago so my memory is a bit hazy -- but I think it must have had something to do with how the inherent "skin privilage" of being white would always offset and negate any possible racism. I remember thinking this was very wrong at the time but I said nothing because I didn't want to get on the prof's bad side.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Rasicm is kinda cool, it makes you like another person becaus he is black , coz if you dont like him, your an racist. That is basicly what has happend to the racism topic.

if two black guys hold up an white man, it is a robbery, if two white men hold up an black man, its racism..

I look upon another person as just that, another person, and if I dont like him, I do not like him. Quite simple, realy..

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Racism means collective illusion. We are not all the same, we are individuals. The only discrimination that occurs has more to do with IQ and that, well actually maybe natural in nature, the dumber the monkey the more likely the lion will eat him, the smarter they are and they survive. But think of the average intelligent person now imagine that half of the world's people are dumber than the average mind, pretty scary huh?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
this guy makes fun of everyone, even himself

Google Video Link

he goes threw pretty much every major country and race.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

There is a reason for it.
Why is it not racist when it's AGAINST whites?
Why is it only racist when it's coming FROM whites?
Why DON'T whites care?
Why do other races get offended and whites DON'T?

I can answer these. It's easy to see.

Subconciously, we ALL know.

Whites don't get offended because they WANT to be white. They are proud of their heritage. So they should be to, they only invented, um, everything. They only discovered, um, everywhere. So, racially abusing a white person does not work because they are not ashamed of their race and they know they're at the top. It's like laughing at the inner of a race 'cos he won, " ha ha, you won the race, he's not gonna be offended is he. "ha ha, you lost the race", see the difference.
It's ok to be racist towards whites because, they've made it.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I admit I'm racist... First we have the few and the proud U.S. Marines...
then everyone else...
Of course the other folks in the lesser armed services aren't so bad but all civilians should be made to live in their own ghettos!

That was said tongue in cheek guys, no hate mail please...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Racism is easily one of the most misunderstood words in the English language.

If I see a minority and chastise him because he/she is a terrible driver, rude, etc., I'm not racist. It is not racism to simply prejudge someone. If I prejudge a white person, I'm not a racist. If I prejudge a black person, I'm not a racist. I'm simply prejudicial. Same goes for minorities with whites. If they simply prejudge me, it's not racism. Only prejudicial.

Now, if I were to prejudge someone with the understanding that I am superior to them, that is racism.

If I tell a joke poking fun at a minority that insinuates that I am superior to them, it is a racial joke. It's not a coincidence that most racial jokes are whites poking fun at minorities because for the most part, it is the white race that feels superior to that of others. You may come across a few jokes that are minorities poking fun at whites, but most are going to be exploiting their alleged inferiority and very few insinuating that they are superior. And with the lack of perceived superiority, it is not racial. It is prejudicial.

With racism, there needs to be the perceived superiority based on your race.

It grinds my gears to no end when I hear of someone make a comment of someone and that quickly gets flipped on it's head and labeled a racial slur.

Prejudice and racism are certainly cut with the same knife, but they are different stones. You can not have racism without prejudice, but you can have prejudice without racism.

And yes, whether we admit it or not... we are all prejudicial. Some more than others, but to a certain extent, it is human nature to prejudge. Those that rise above this are those that do not allow the act of prejudging to impact their behavior.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 4-18-2009 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Im not racist. im very specific at finding faults with anyone especially those who are foreign and critical of race or my country yet want to use it to survive, and I dont use race but rather reason to prove they are wrong if i can.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I used to work with really old guy who made some pretty off remarks. One day he told me "I'm not racist, I hate everyone."

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Have to agree with you....all races are truly worthless!
When are humans going to start considering themselves as part of a broader scheme; rather that just that "my foot-ball team is better than yours" crap??
this goes for political sheep-herding, religious sheep-herding, and of course football teams.....generally cheep human egotistical gratification; which falls into these categories and many more.
I think homo sapiens has to shape up very soon, or be sorted out-KNOW WHAT I MEAN???!!!
Ive traveled quite a few countries in Asia, and found India to be the country where Ive encountered the most racism toward myself and my girlfriend. Indeed i have not traveled everywhere in the world, I'm going to China in Nov. Please treat me well China.XXX

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
this guy makes fun of everyone, even himself

Google Video Link

he goes threw pretty much every major country and race.

Russell Peters. He's friggin' hilarious man. He's canadian too, which isn't surprising when you consider how chill we are up here about race. It is well known that east indian fast-food restaurants are better lol (e.g.). Also, black people aren't all whiny and crybabyish up here. You should herar russell's bargaining battle "asians vx. east indians". hilarious.
I think about it now i bet racism is very much people just trying to empower themselves over other people by making them feel guilt and it gives a certain amount of "control" over them.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Well in a sence your Prof was right. I donot agree, but our government does. As white, expecally male, you can not be discreminated aginst or so says the government. If you as an intelegent white male applied for a job, lets say its that last position in a department. They have no women or poeple of color yet, lets say that is for qualification reason. And a person of color applies for the same job. said person is qualified, but only by the bare minium, and you are lets say the best expert in that field in a 3 state area. who do you think is going to get the job?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yeah Russ is funny.
How P.C.would it be for a White person getting up and doing black or coloured jokes, brown jokes etc. Probably not well tolerated I think!
I am married to a coloured S.African women, and I am White. My step daughter brings home "funny" vids of Chris Rock, and numerous black "comedians" whom dedicate at least half of their routines to taking the piss out of white people.
I have often thought of sourcing some neo-nazi, white supremist "comedy ";just to underline my point-its not cool for the person when their around.
Lets face people make fun of each other; its just that race, religion,short falls are the most easy situations to find a sore spot to lay the boot into......Thats human nature!
Maybe weve got to change it to progress? I hope the change is not boring.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have yet to see any injustices towards any ethnic group, that so many people complain about being done upon them. I know for a fact there are people out there that dislike ethnicities besides their own. For the most part I don't see the racism that is so talked about in so many cultures. White people aren't the only ones to invent. Lots of inventions have come from asia, india, mexico, and africa. So how is it that the "whites" invented everything? How am I more privileged because I am white? How many policies have been put into effect by companies and the government that might keep a white male from getting a job based on qualifications rather than ethnicity? Whites are no more privileged than any other race period.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join