It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are all RACISTS..!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand

Subconciously, we ALL know.

Whites don't get offended because they WANT to be white. They are proud of their heritage. So they should be to, they only invented, um, everything. They only discovered, um, everywhere. So, racially abusing a white person does not work because they are not ashamed of their race and they know they're at the top. It's like laughing at the inner of a race 'cos he won, " ha ha, you won the race, he's not gonna be offended is he. "ha ha, you lost the race", see the difference.
It's ok to be racist towards whites because, they've made it.

See this is exactly the kind of ignorant statement that makes us look bad!
We invented um everything?

I'm sorry but while we were meandering around Europe the Sumerians, Egyptians, The Indus valley people and Chinese were creating advanced civilizations. Now they even recently discovered a lost civilization in South America that were contemporaries to Sumerian and Egyptian cultures Caral Supe

They only discovered, um, everywhere
Yes and when we "Discovered" it, there tended to be people already there!

Most of our history taught to us in our "Textbooks" Is very biased. Almost all of our collected knowledge comes from ancient cultures look at the Greeks and Romans. Not to mention what the Persians and Chinese have given the world.

So please stop already.

You're making us look bad.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I had a class a year or so ago that sounds pretty similar to the one you took. Mine was supposed to be an english class, but the text we used was basically nothing more than 200 pages of reasons why white's can never experience racism. It was pretty ridiculous. It doesn't matter what race you are, everyone can be on the receiving end of racism.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Part of the problem is that people take things way too seriously sometimes. I'm biracial and make jokes about both of my races, but it's not to be spiteful. There are people who make jokes out of spite...and that's when you can really say they're being racist. I get a lot of jokes from one of my best friends who is a blond and she texts me blond jokes all the time.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69Most of our history taught to us in our "Textbooks" Is very biased. Almost all of our collected knowledge comes from ancient cultures look at the Greeks and Romans. Not to mention what the Persians and Chinese have given the world.

So please stop already.

You're making us look bad.

If one goes by the TRUE definition of race, as in Caucasian, Asian, Negroid, then yes Caucasians have invented most everything in the modern world. Egyptians are/were Caucasian, many of the Pharoah's and their families had light hair. Middle Easterners in general are 90% Caucasian.

Some Asian ethnic groups have higher average IQ's than the typical Caucasian, so yes they are bright but their culture does not lend itself to out of the box thinking. They are great at improving on existing technology, but they aren't that great at coming up with truly groundbreaking ideas. That is not because they are less intelligent, their minds are just a bit different.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Yup those good old textbooks again they keep raising their ugly heads wouldn't you agree? I said earlier our history is very biased.

Caucasian race

The concept of a Caucasian race was developed around 1800. Today some scholars reject the concept because human genome studies have not demonstrated a precise genetic definition of Caucasian.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69Yup those good old textbooks again they keep raising their ugly heads wouldn't you agree? I said earlier our history is very biased.

LOL ya think? Perhaps in reality Sub-Saharan Africans invented everything and then it was "stolen" by evil white folks. Yes because if you STEAL knowledge then the person you stole it from doesn't have it anymore.

Yuppers. No brain washing here.

And no race is NOT a construct. Are race specific diseases real? Are genetics mutations and weaknesses real? Or maybe they aren't in which case we can stop hearing about the "differences". The fastest runners in the world can be Chinese, and Sickle Cell Anemia will ravage blond blue eyed Germans. Yuppers.

Mitochondrial DNA defines race. That is real.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The term "racist" as an epithet is loosing its meaning. It used to be a term that was only reserved for violent Nazi thugs and KKK members who committed acts of terrorism. Now, the term has lost its meaning. Political figures like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have exploited it to advance their personal agendas.

This is not to say that the USA and other countries do not have racial problems. These racial issues will never be resolved unless there is frank and candid dialogue between all members of society. Unfortunately, the "racist" labels chills valid and reasonable views people may have towards subjects like: religion, immigration, and crime.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Why is it when somebody gives credit to other people or races that it becomes some sort of an attack on whites?

Get a grip.

Europe has a long and awesome history [also one of the most violent] This does not mean they we were not major contributors to world history just that we weren't the end all and be all either.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69Europe has a long and awesome history [also one of the most violent] This does not mean they we were not major contributors to world history just that we weren't the end all and be all either.

Europe has the most violent history? LOL...no it is just well documented. If it wasn't so carefully recorded it wouldn't exist. Proof, Africa may have issues now but way back when it was all peaceful villages filled with happy loving natives. Nothing was documented, or not much anyway, so we can imagine whatever we like huh?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

White people in America are very much the victims of racism. While it is true that white people may sometimes miss out on career or educational opportunities because of affirmative action and white people get ridiucled because of their race (like everyone else), these forms of racism are not the most pressing for white people. Racist attitudes hurt white people the most in that racism is being used as a tool to make white people make irrational purchase decisions.

White people have been bombarded with images of scary black and brown people. These images have enabled many wealthy people to exploit the average white person. White people have been tricked into taking extraordinary, and expensive, measures to avoid this black and brown boogeyman. These measures include: buying houses 50+ miles from where they work in order to avoid black and brown people, spending large sums of money to commute to work from said houses, and buying home security systems and weapons to protect themselves from black and brown invaders.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

OK so let me get this straight so I understand where you are coming from.
Everything positive that has ever happened in the world is a result of what "Caucasians" have done and by your definition everything else contributed by others in the world have no merit?

Is that what you're trying to say?

Am I understand you correctly here?

Because if I have that in itself is very racist.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

White people have been bombarded with images of scary black and brown people.

What? Oh no, do you watch tv? The brightest brain surgeons, the best and most trustworthy cops, they are black. Haven't you noticed? Black people in the media are above reproach.

Just don't look up real life prison or violent crime statistics. If you do not seek facts, the media image is beautiful. Fact means 6.5% of the U.S. population is comprised of black males, and they commit 49% of the countries homicides.

But don't bother yourself with facts. Just turn on the TV and realize if you have a brain tumor you will want to find a brilliant black neurologist.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Not that I'm trying to brag or anything we seem to be catching up to the "Blacks" I wonder what the % of those "White" Prisoners come from the same level of education and economic backgrounds as the "Black" prisoners? Because I have a sneaking suspicion that they would be about the same.

So in the end race has little to do with it!

U.S. Prison Population Hits All-Time High: 2.3 Million Incarcerated

The new report from the Bureau of Justice Statistics found that in the first half of 2007 the growth rate slowed, but prison admissions growth outpaced the number of prison releases. The report provides a breakdown, noting "of the 2.3 million inmates in custody, 2.1 million were men and 208,300 were women. Black males represented the largest percentage (35.4 percent) of inmates held in custody, followed by white males (32.9 percent) and Hispanic males (17.9 percent)."

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've always looked at a person as an individual. I have never understood racism, I guess it's not in my nature.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69U.S. Prison Population Hits All-Time High: 2.3 Million Incarcerated

The new report from the Bureau of Justice Statistics found that in the first half of 2007 the growth rate slowed, but prison admissions growth outpaced the number of prison releases. The report provides a breakdown, noting "of the 2.3 million inmates in custody, 2.1 million were men and 208,300 were women. Black males represented the largest percentage (35.4 percent) of inmates held in custody, followed by white males (32.9 percent) and Hispanic males (17.9 percent)."

Yeah, white males out number black males 6 to 1. And black males make up 35% yet white males make up 32%? Can you do basic math?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Yeah, white males out number black males 6 to 1. And black males make up 35% yet white males make up 32%? Can you do basic math?

What part of the rest of my reply did you miss?
I wonder?

I wonder what the % of those "White" Prisoners come from the same level of education and economic backgrounds as the "Black" prisoners? Because I have a sneaking suspicion that they would be about the same.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What drives me freaking bonkers is the amount of reverse racism out there.
Certain groups I grew up around, it was HAMMERED into my head to learn about their culture and accept them and blah blah, and you know what? I thought their history was fascinating and took a great deal of interest, I actually do have 1/16th of this ethnic blood in me. I got bombarded with sh*t about "Everyone is so racist towards them and we need to stop it now!"
But the ONLY racism I EVER saw growing up there....was FROM them. Towards people like me. Like really simple minded crap too....why were they exempt from anti-racism education? Gawd...
Even ones that knew I have some related heritage there...would make really judgmental and racist comments towards me because I look nothing like them.
My sister looks the part though, and she's always been accepted - most of her friends have this background.
What a bunch of bullsh*t.

Everybody wants to have a reason to think their racist thoughts/activities are more justified than the other group's, that they have a 'right' to be racist, it seems. That they are allowed an amount of self-pity. This is obvious, considering that I grew up in an area that went out of its way to shun anyone for being racist, and yet among the people considered the group targeted with racism, it remains by far the most popular to segregate from and hate the least racist people I've ever met in my life....

Many also read racism into things that have NOTHING to do with race. Milk it for what it's worth, we're the horrible racists after all....

[edit on 18-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Well you are either racist, or just don't understand other factors at work here.

Have you not noticed that blacks in your country (I'm assuming your American), were oppressed for years, and still are in a lot of respects.

Have you not noticed that blacks, and all minorities, have taken up the role of being your poverty class (capitalism requires a poverty class)?

Do you know how hard it is for a poverty class to improve itself?

Yes go look at your statistics, and you may notice if you really look that poverty is the number one cause of crime.

Do you realise being black you're more likely to go to jail than if you're white?

A report released last week by the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office reveals that African Americans are jailed, disciplined and held for longer periods of time than inmates of other races.

www.theskanner.com...

Did you know blacks are more likely to be tazered than a white person?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you realise that a person in poverty is more likely to use drugs, which leads to crime?

So is it any wonder that more blacks are in jail? And who was it that shipped African Americans, against there will, to America to be your slave labor? And btw your country is still benefiting from the wealth created by that slave trade, it's what set you up to have the wealth you country now enjoys.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

What you don't understand is blacks have gone through years of physical, economic, abuse. Being racist to a black person has years of this abuse associated with it, a history of slavery and lynch mobs etc. Racism goes very deep for them, and any sign of racism, however slight, is going to bring all that history into sharp focus.

Now look at you, whitey, you come from the privileged race that CREATED the situation that made blacks slaves, and put them in a situation of poverty and oppression? Your race created the racism.

So if a black calls you whitey, or whatever, and upsets you then I have no sympathy. You want things to be equal when it's turned on you, but what happened to equality when it came to all the other stuff blacks have had to go through?

(btw I'm a whitey before you assume otherwise)

[edit on 18-4-2009 by CityIndian]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I am going to take a stance on the whole oppressed bit. Show me how any race is being oppressed in the U.S.. I see mostly self impossed oppression rather than others keeping them oppressed. The problem I see is that so many people in all races feel like they deserve more than they are willing to earn. Anybody of any race can go to college but yet so many refuse to. I for one do not see there being a dominating force of racism at all in the U.S..

In all honesty it is kind of the same situation that we have on this forum. So many people want to whine about the problems but yet when given a solution they choose not to utilize it. They want things to be fixed for them without having to lift a finger.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join